Author Topic: Bodybuilding.com Declared One of Top 100 Internet Retail Sites in the World  (Read 4992 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Bodybuilding.com has been declared one of the top 100 Internet retail sites in the world in this month's Internet Retailer magazine. The "Hot 100 Retail Web Sites" were chosen based on striking and effective site designs, site search functionality, risk-taking in new technologies, and setting trends in the Internet retailing industry.

Boise, ID (PRWEB) December 8, 2007 -- Bodybuilding.com has been declared one of the top 100 Internet retail sites in the world in this month's Internet Retailer magazine. The "Hot 100 Retail Web Sites" were chosen based on striking and effective site designs, site search functionality, risk-taking in new technologies, and setting trends in the Internet retailing industry.

Bodybuilding.com is recognized as being a prime example of a market- leading e-tailer. They implement the latest Internet concepts and tools to significantly enhance the web experience, with the goal of going beyond just satisfaction and support of customers.

"We are building something that is not just based on making money," says Ryan DeLuca, CEO of the health and fitness products e-tailer. "Everything we add to our site is based on helping visitors reach their goals. Helping our visitors stick to their programs and reach their goals will ultimately lead to much higher revenue, a much more valuable brand based on emotional connections, and more profitability based on increased customer loyalty."

Not only are they a top Internet Retailer, they are the social and information hub for the bodybuilding and fitness community. The site offers 20,000 pages of content (from industry experts to your average consumer) and an online forum (ranked 34th largest on forum tracker Big Boards) where 800,000+ health-minded enthusiasts have posted 19 million messages over the past five years. They also produce more than 20 educational online video series and run a social network called BodySpace that has over 125,000 members.

"There is no doubt our community and social networking offerings are making a big difference for sales and conversion," DeLuca says. "Since we added BodySpace, our average order size is up nearly $10 to $92.41, and our conversion rate is 8%, up from 7% a year ago. That one percentage point is huge."

The e-tailer plans on further intensifying the social aspects of the site in 2008. "It won't just be 'Here's the product you should buy,' but 'Here are BodySpace members you should know and content you should read' based on what a customer's needs and goals are," projects DeLuca. "We've just launched a workout tracker so people can follow each other's progress. You can show your friends online what you're doing, and people can have virtual workout partners. The main point is to keep people motivated and excited about working out."

All this site investment is translating into major sales growth.
Bodybuilding.com is projected to hit $90 million in 2007, and 2008 looks even better with a projected $122 million heading their way.

For more information visit: http://www.internetretailer.com/article.asp?id=24575

Bodybuilding.com offers more than 6,000 health and fitness supplements & accessories to help people achieve their fitness goals. They offer more than 19,000 pages of free bodybuilding and fitness information, including more than 9,000 articles (written by 385+ writers), video & audio segments, and new content added daily.
Elevate Your Image.™

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Not surprising at all.

Ryan Deluca's type of intelligence + money = the greatest success imaginable.  Once a guy like him has a million dollars, he is unstoppable.  He just has the type of brain for business.  I could foresee him in Bill Gates' position eventually.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
and Bob Chick has access (at least claims) to anyone's credit card info, who bought anything from bb.com 

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
"Everything we add to our site is based on helping visitors reach their goals. Helping our visitors stick to their programs and reach their goals will ultimately lead to much higher revenue, a much more valuable brand based on emotional connections, and more profitability based on increased customer loyalty."

Now see, one could argue that Squadfather does the exact same thing for Getbig.  

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
and Bob Chick has access (at least claims) to anyone's credit card info, who bought anything from bb.com 

Really? Please post where that was said...

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
so what. nasser's website selling used clothes has been ranked top 10 for years
Z

Matt C

• Getbig V
It's funny that Ryan makes more off bodybuilding and contributes more to bodybuilding than any bodybuilder.

Intelligence + money = lots of money.

Do you actually buy supplements? Certainly doesn't appear so...Do you buy from BB.com? I can Look it up very easily...

What does this mean exactly?  Bob has access to the customer database?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
It's funny that Ryan makes more off bodybuilding and contributes more to bodybuilding than any bodybuilder.

Intelligence + money = lots of money.

What does this mean exactly?  Bob has access to the customer database?

means what it says...I dont see any mention of looking up CC info..do you?

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
means what it says...I dont see any mention of looking up CC info..do you?

Remember Chick, Matt C has an impeccable memory.  He forgets no thread.  He just doesn't forget things like that; he just doesn't.   

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
Congrats to the DeLuca family, good peeps.
Check often for updates @

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Re: Bodybuilding.com Declared One of Top 100 Internet Retail Sites in the World
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 07:38:04 PM »
Remember Chick, Matt C has an impeccable memory.  He forgets no thread.  He just doesn't forget things like that; he just doesn't.   

LOL

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 07:42:27 PM »

haha, it's true I don't.  I never said that Bob can see the CC info, but I have no clue why he would even need access to any of the behind the scenes financial info.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 07:54:22 PM »
haha, it's true I don't.  I never said that Bob can see the CC info, but I have no clue why he would even need access to any of the behind the scenes financial info.

I wouldn't...who said I did?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 07:56:16 PM »
I had a problem with my order a while back I got a personal email from the guy.  That is great service.
A

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 07:56:44 PM »
Well, what does this mean exactly?

Do you actually buy supplements? Certainly doesn't appear so...Do you buy from BB.com? I can Look it up very easily...
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 07:59:13 PM »
Ryan DeLuca turned 30 today. His wife had a surprise birthday party for him on Friday night where lots of industry people were in attendance. Ryan received his birthday present at the party... a custom Bodybuilding.com Orange County Chopper.

Many more great things are in store for 2008 at bodybuilding.com.
Elevate Your Image.™

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 08:05:41 PM »
Well, what does this mean exactly?

Seems to be a mental block here, son...what does it say?

What it meant is exactly what it says....240 was claiming to order supps from us, I questioned it, and said I could look the info up.....seems pretty clear cut to me....

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 08:12:51 PM »

getbig a constant headache for the chickster :D

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 08:14:49 PM »
Seems to be a mental block here, son...what does it say?

What it meant is exactly what it says....240 was claiming to order supps from us, I questioned it, and said I could look the info up.....seems pretty clear cut to me....

So you have access to the customer database for some reason.  Back to my original question - why would that be?  You'd think a company as big as BB.com would have specific people in charge of specific areas of the operation of the business.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 08:17:24 PM »
So you have access to the customer database for some reason.  Back to my original question - why would that be?  You'd think a company as big as BB.com would have specific people in charge of specific areas of the operation of the business.

We do have specific people in charge of specific areas...

It doesn't really matter why, does it? Not your concern.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 08:19:48 PM »
We do have specific people in charge of specific areas...

It doesn't really matter why, does it? Not your concern.

translation:   Bob opened his yapper and spewed some BS a few years back when 240 was pushing his buttons, and he's been backpedaling ever since.    ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2007, 08:24:32 PM »

translation:   Bob opened his yapper and spewed some BS a few years back when 240 was pushing his buttons, and he's been backpedaling ever since.    ::)

Where is the backpeddling?

240 wasn't pushing any buttons, I was...asking him to back up his claim of purchasing supps from BB.com.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 10:41:05 AM »

240 wasn't pushing any buttons,

::)

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 01:12:29 PM »
Ryan DeLuca turned 30 today. His wife had a surprise birthday party for him on Friday night where lots of industry people were in attendance. Ryan received his birthday present at the party... a custom Bodybuilding.com Orange County Chopper.

Many more great things are in store for 2008 at bodybuilding.com.

Me and Bob were very gracious of our bikes too.

Lift, post the one I shot of you and your bike.
Deputy Editor

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2007, 01:34:35 PM »
Bob, looking chunky there.  I got 3 letters for ya: E.C.A.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion