Author Topic: GASPARI attacks VPX and BSN  (Read 19435 times)

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
GASPARI attacks VPX and BSN
« on: December 12, 2007, 11:02:54 AM »
Gaspari posted this warning...

WARNING: VPX's NO-Shotgun & BSN's CellMass contain traces of Coumarin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a read: http://www.tga.gov.au/recalls/2007/vpx.htm.

Quote:
Level: Consumer Class: I
Reference: RN-2007-0691 Date agreed: 22 October 2007
Product: VPX 'No Shotgun' & BSN 'Cell Mass' Body Building Powders
Batch number: All batches
Sponsor: Crestkey Pty Ltd
Phone: 02 6281 6999 Elite Physique
Reason: These products contain traces of the prescription drug coumarin

Letters are expected to be dispatched by the sponsor within two working days of the agreed date.

ADVICE TO CONSUMERS:

If you have a container of VPX: NO SHOTGUN or BSN: CELL MASS do not use it. Return it to the place of purchase for a refund or call Elite Physique on 02 6281 6999.

Recall notices are expected to appear in the Canberra Times on Monday 29 October 2007
Classification system:

Class I defects are potentially life-threatening or could cause a serious risk to health.

Class II defects could cause illness or mistreatment, but are not Class I.

Class III defects may not pose a significant hazard to health, but withdrawal may be initiated for other reasons.

Class I & II recalls are considered to be safety related recalls.

According to the FDA, Coumarin is "prohibited from use in human food":

Quote:
Title 21--Food and Drugs

CHAPTER I--FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES (CONTINUED)

PART 189--SUBSTANCES PROHIBITED FROM USE IN HUMAN FOOD

TEXT PDF 189.1 Substances prohibited from use in human food.
TEXT PDF 189.5 Prohibited cattle materials.
TEXT PDF 189.110 Calamus and its derivatives.
TEXT PDF 189.113 Cinnamyl anthranilate.
TEXT PDF 189.120 Cobaltous salts and its derivatives.
TEXT PDF 189.130 Coumarin.
TEXT PDF 189.135 Cyclamate and its derivatives.
TEXT PDF 189.140 Diethylpyrocarbonate (DEPC).
TEXT PDF 189.145 Dulcin.
TEXT PDF 189.155 Monochloroacetic acid.
TEXT PDF 189.165 Nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA).
TEXT PDF 189.175 P-4000.
TEXT PDF 189.180 Safrole.
TEXT PDF 189.190 Thiourea.
TEXT PDF 189.191 Chlorofluorocarbon propellants.
TEXT PDF 189.220 Flectol H.
TEXT PDF 189.240 Lead solders.
TEXT PDF 189.250 Mercaptoimidazoline and 2-mercaptoimidazoline.
TEXT PDF 189.280 4,4,,-Methylenebis (2-chloro&chyph;analine).
TEXT PDF 189.300 Hydrogenated 4,4,,-isopropyl&chyph;idene-diphenol&chyph;phosphite ester resins.
TEXT PDF 189.301 Tin-coated lead foil capsules for wine bottles.

Further, off of the FDA's EAFUS, or "Everything Added to Food in the United States":

Quote:
BAN 1991 COUMARIN--PROHIBITED 000091-64-5 189.130
Enjoy your dish...

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: GASPARI attacks VPX and BSN
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »
He's still bitter about constantly losing to Haney.

It's a shame he lets it get to him so much.  Trashing these companies is just him lashing out.  Ignore it and consume your cattle-product laced creatine, kiddies.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 11:09:59 AM »
Goodbye BSN

Jizzacked

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 11:14:51 AM »
I don't know about anyone else, but when discussing supps many people have told me from first hand experience that they thought gaspari's products were by far the crappiest they have ever used... stomach ache, cramps, the shits etc.

I have never used any of them so I don't know... anyone else deal with that stuff? 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 11:17:23 AM »
I don't know about anyone else, but when discussing supps many people have told me from first hand experience that they thought gaspari's products were by far the crappiest they have ever used... stomach ache, cramps, the shits etc.

I have never used any of them so I don't know... anyone else deal with that stuff? 

I've used a few of Gaspari's products and have nothing but good things to say. (I've never tried the super pump stuff and that is where i hear the most complaints about stomach problems.)

youandme

• Getbig V

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 11:21:34 AM »

http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recall_detail.php?Recall_ID_Auto=15222

Does Ronnie and Tony Freeman know about this? Those are the only supplements they use.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 11:23:36 AM »
Does Ronnie and Tony Freeman know about this? Those are the only supplements they use.

Not sure but it most likely was the only thing keeping Trey Brewer and Big Ron alive, since it's a anticoagulant precursor and helped thin their blood out a bit so their heart could pump

Bless BSN

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 11:26:24 AM »
Coumarin is a flavouring which is found in higher concentrations in the types of cinnamon grouped together under the name “cassia cinnamon”. Relatively small amounts of coumarin can already damage the liver of particularly sensitive individuals. However, this is not permanent damage. Isolated coumarin may not be added to foods.

Spoke to BSN, they said it is naturally occuring, and will give something on this soon...

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 11:28:10 AM »
I had cinnamon in my oatmeal this morning. Should I be worried Dr. Ron?

Elevate Your Image.™

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 11:33:33 AM »
Coumarin is a flavouring which is found in higher concentrations in the types of cinnamon grouped together under the name “cassia cinnamon”. Relatively small amounts of coumarin can already damage the liver of particularly sensitive individuals. However, this is not permanent damage. Isolated coumarin may not be added to foods.

Ron,

Was this a statement released by their company?  I ask because the writing is misleading.  Just the mere fact that they state: "Relatively small amounts of coumarin can already damage the liver of particularly sensitive individuals. However, this is not permanent damage" sounds funny to me.  The liver regenerates I believe if even 20% of it or so is left viable, but I don't understand what damage that is not permanent necessarily means.  Does it cause an inflammation of the liver?

Bump for clearance...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 11:37:16 AM »

I think this statement came from Wikipedia via an email. Nothing has come from their company yet. 

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 11:55:04 AM »
Ron,

Was this a statement released by their company?  I ask because the writing is misleading.  Just the mere fact that they state: "Relatively small amounts of coumarin can already damage the liver of particularly sensitive individuals. However, this is not permanent damage" sounds funny to me.  The liver regenerates I believe if even 20% of it or so is left viable, but I don't understand what damage that is not permanent necessarily means.  Does it cause an inflammation of the liver?
Bump for clearance...

Where did you get that 20% from???

Damage that is not permanent means that it's considered a reversible injury.  It means the cell can make adaptations such as hypertrophy/ atrophy/ hyperplasia etc.   Bottom line, if it's reversible then after the "Stress" is eliminated, the cells RETURN back to normal. Path 101

Inflammation would also be a protective response to cellular damage, and can be both acute/chronic, so you can't use that as a marker for permanent damage either. 
just not good enough

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 11:56:42 AM »

How is this an 'attack'?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 11:57:38 AM »
wow, this is pretty interesting stuff.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 12:02:12 PM »
How is this an 'attack'?
vpx and bsn's competition posted the information in an attempt to ATTACK their credibilty

Enjoy your dish...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 12:09:22 PM »

SIZEON was without question the BEST supplement I have ever used:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/gasparinutritionsizeonreview.html

"SuperDump2Shitty" was without question the WORST supplement I have ever used:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/gasparinutritionsuperpump250review.html
Bodybuilding Pro.com

AVBG

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »
Gaspari posted this warning...

WARNING: VPX's NO-Shotgun & BSN's CellMass contain traces of Coumarin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a read: http://www.tga.gov.au/recalls/2007/vpx.htm.

Quote:
Level: Consumer Class: I
Reference: RN-2007-0691 Date agreed: 22 October 2007
Product: VPX 'No Shotgun' & BSN 'Cell Mass' Body Building Powders
Batch number: All batches
Sponsor: Crestkey Pty Ltd
Phone: 02 6281 6999 Elite Physique
Reason: These products contain traces of the prescription drug coumarin

Letters are expected to be dispatched by the sponsor within two working days of the agreed date.

ADVICE TO CONSUMERS:

If you have a container of VPX: NO SHOTGUN or BSN: CELL MASS do not use it. Return it to the place of purchase for a refund or call Elite Physique on 02 6281 6999.

Recall notices are expected to appear in the Canberra Times on Monday 29 October 2007[b/]
Classification system:

Class I defects are potentially life-threatening or could cause a serious risk to health.

Class II defects could cause illness or mistreatment, but are not Class I.

Class III defects may not pose a significant hazard to health, but withdrawal may be initiated for other reasons.

Class I & II recalls are considered to be safety related recalls.

According to the FDA, Coumarin is "prohibited from use in human food":

Quote:
Title 21--Food and Drugs

CHAPTER I--FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES (CONTINUED)

PART 189--SUBSTANCES PROHIBITED FROM USE IN HUMAN FOOD

TEXT PDF 189.1 Substances prohibited from use in human food.
TEXT PDF 189.5 Prohibited cattle materials.
TEXT PDF 189.110 Calamus and its derivatives.
TEXT PDF 189.113 Cinnamyl anthranilate.
TEXT PDF 189.120 Cobaltous salts and its derivatives.
TEXT PDF 189.130 Coumarin.
TEXT PDF 189.135 Cyclamate and its derivatives.
TEXT PDF 189.140 Diethylpyrocarbonate (DEPC).
TEXT PDF 189.145 Dulcin.
TEXT PDF 189.155 Monochloroacetic acid.
TEXT PDF 189.165 Nordihydroguaiaretic acid (NDGA).
TEXT PDF 189.175 P-4000.
TEXT PDF 189.180 Safrole.
TEXT PDF 189.190 Thiourea.
TEXT PDF 189.191 Chlorofluorocarbon propellants.
TEXT PDF 189.220 Flectol H.
TEXT PDF 189.240 Lead solders.
TEXT PDF 189.250 Mercaptoimidazoline and 2-mercaptoimidazoline.
TEXT PDF 189.280 4,4,,-Methylenebis (2-chloro&chyph;analine).
TEXT PDF 189.300 Hydrogenated 4,4,,-isopropyl&chyph;idene-diphenol&chyph;phosphite ester resins.
TEXT PDF 189.301 Tin-coated lead foil capsules for wine bottles.

Further, off of the FDA's EAFUS, or "Everything Added to Food in the United States":

Quote:
BAN 1991 COUMARIN--PROHIBITED 000091-64-5 189.130

Canberra times is an Australian newspaper

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 12:13:29 PM »
vpx and bsn's competition posted the information in an attempt to ATTACK their credibilty

Dude how is it a attack when the Australian FDA tested it? FDA, not a "independent lab" aka another supplement company.

This is a precursor to one of the most dangerous anticoagulant drugs on the market, so dangerous the company may be issuing wrist bands for elderly patients in case of a emergency. This drug is one of the top drugs that has the MOST deadliest side effects when mixed with other medications.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »
Where did you get that 20% from???

Regeneration

The liver is among the few internal human organs capable of natural regeneration of lost tissue; as little as 25% of remaining liver can regenerate into a whole liver again.

This is predominantly due to the hepatocytes acting as unipotential stem cells (i.e. a single hepatocyte can divide into two hepatocyte daughter cells). There is also some evidence of bipotential stem cells, called ovalocyte(o´və-lo-sīt), which exist in the Canals of Hering. These cells can differentiate into either hepatocytes or cholangiocytes (cells that line the bile ducts).

Have a read at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver also just Path 101..  ::)

Damage that is not permanent means that it's considered a reversible injury.  It means the cell can make adaptations such as hypertrophy/atrophy/ hyperplasia etc.   Bottom line, if it's reversible then after the "Stress" is eliminated, the cells RETURN back to normal. Path 101

I don't know about the hypertrophy or the atrophy serving as a good in this case, since the hypertrophy would just be cells expanding and atrophy, well you get the point, but the hyperplasia could definitely aid in recovery...

Compensatory liver hyperplasia - The liver undergoes cellular division after acute injury, resulting in new cells that restore liver function back to baseline. Approximately 75% of the liver can be acutely damaged or resected with seemingly full regeneration through hepatocyte division, ie hyperplasia. This is the basis for living-donor liver transplants. ~ Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperplasia

Inflammation would also be a protective response to cellular damage, and can be both acute/chronic, so you can't use that as a marker for permanent damage either. 

I was in no way saying that inflammation would be a marker for permanent damage, instead I was gearing towards inflammation being the reversible mechanism that might be caused due to this ingredient as opposed to full blown out damage..

Path 101...lol..

Cool?

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 12:18:16 PM »
Dude how is it a attack when the Australian FDA tested it? FDA, not a "independent lab" aka another supplement company.

This is a precursor to one of the most dangerous anticoagulant drugs on the market, so dangerous the company may be issuing wrist bands for elderly patients in case of a emergency. This drug is one of the top drugs that has the MOST deadliest side effects when mixed with other medications.
hi rich
Enjoy your dish...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 12:21:45 PM »
Canberra times is an Australian newspaper

would you say they have more of a liberal, or conservative slant?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 12:23:26 PM »
would you say they have more of a liberal, or conservative slant?

Hi joelocal AKA The Coach AKA Mr. Intenseone.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 12:24:32 PM »
This could trigger a man hunt on all supplements..should I say another
A

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 12:28:06 PM »
hi rich

who's rich?

and im just telling you it's not a "natural" thing at all. This is the stuff you have to watch out for.