Author Topic: LEVEL of DELUSIONALITY...  (Read 20458 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: LEVEL of DELUSIONALITY...
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2007, 12:06:15 PM »
yep a lot of perma-bulkers convince themselves that they have poor seperation / definition to avoid admitting to themselves that their muscles are just covered by fat.

Arnold once said that if you can't see your serratus muscles you're not a bodybuilder.

Abs are muscles too and if they are not developed they won't show very well.  Mine do show under the right lighting but the primary reason why they are not very clear is because they are not developed, not because my midsection is too fat.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2007, 12:13:58 PM »
Abs are muscles too and if they are not developed they won't show very well.  Mine do show under the right lighting but the primary reason why they are not very clear is because they are not developed, not because my midsection is too fat.

I call BS, diet down and you will see we are right.  The seperation between your abs is just mostly covered by fat.  Also your midsection would get narrower if you dieted because you would shed IAF.  Why are you so affraid to diet down?  How long have you been BBing, and never once gotten lean.  That's just perma-bulking, not BBing

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2007, 12:18:53 PM »
Question:

Some of you guys seem almost obsessed with bodybuilders fooling themselves about their LBM.

Ok:  Why?  

I agree with you in part.  Yeah, lots of lifters are overfat and think they're more muscular than they actually are.  

But the way you're picking at Matt's a little strange.  Those images and videos aren't new.  He doesn't claim to be anything special.  Even if he thinks he'd be shredded at 160 or 170 or whatever when reality differs, who cares?  It seems like if folks are so offended by falsehoods, they'd pick a bigger target.  Blasting a nice boy like Matt ... ?

the thread isa on the front page and perma-bulkers dellusion is a pet peave of mine.  I guess because I was so excited when I discovered my own mistake and I thought others would be happy to benefit from my acquired wisdom.  Instead I found that most were not receptive to it and some would even insult me to help preserve their dellusions and minimize the weight of my ideas.  It's not really a big deal, but it does make me angry so I get some pleasure from striking back at them and acting on my impulses.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2007, 12:23:06 PM »
Below is another picture of a friend of mine.  Some of you might say he is more muscular than me or what have you.  You guys are confusing my lack of conditioning in my midsection to generalize as if I am fat all over.  In some areas I am extremely lean, I've just never trained abs before because I was perpetually bulking and figured they wouldn't show anyway.  As I now know, I'm lean enough to have abs, the problem is they are not developed.

Put me side-by-side to my friend and our muscle quality is basically the same.  He just has abs so you might at first assume he is 8% body fat or something.  If we were to both flex our biceps you would see that I have no more fat or skin on mine than he does on his.

Discuss.
The difference between you two is the delt and trap area. You have that Dianabol roundness to your muscles.

And you can't be serious about SizeOn containing steroids. Cut the crap Matt  ::)  :D

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2007, 12:25:27 PM »

there is an emaciated blonde chick on survivor with better abdominal definition than you, and trust me it's not from doing weighted crunches.

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2007, 12:26:53 PM »
You've definitely made some gains, but as pointed out earlier, your lack of consistency limits your potential

What is your goal Matt ? Get bigger? Get stronger? Get leaner?

If you were to lean out a bit you would definitely see your abs better...

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »
i remember boxer james toney (when won the WBA heavy weight title from john ruiz) attempting to defend himself after a positive drug test for nandrolone, by pointing out how he looked nothing like a bber. he did have some muscle (not much) but he was very fat for a highly trained athlete, regardless of whether or not he used peds.

Tim Sylvia was popped for using Winstrol. It's not like it wasn't obvious looking at his jacked bod  :D ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2007, 12:30:27 PM »
I call BS, diet down and you will see we are right.  The seperation between your abs is just mostly covered by fat.  Also your midsection would get narrower if you dieted because you would shed IAF.  Why are you so affraid to diet down?  How long have you been BBing, and never once gotten lean.  That's just perma-bulking, not BBing

I like reading the old "Tales from the Crypt" series of comic books by EC comics.  Particularly any stories written by Ghastly Graham Ingels.

PS - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO M!!!!!!  ;D
Bodybuilding Pro.com

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2007, 12:34:36 PM »
When he faught cabbage he looked better like he might be on the sauce but definately not jacked or shredded.   

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2007, 12:45:06 PM »
newsflash:

not everyone needs to walk around at sub 8% BF levels and just because they don't does not mean they're not a "bodybuilder".

matt c is not "fat"..he's fine for what he's doing, if he went to compete at a show in that type of shape then he would be "fat"

why would this be a newsflash to me?   I don't care what BF Matt C carries, my only objection is to his underestimation of his BF.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #160 on: December 14, 2007, 12:47:49 PM »
why would this be a newsflash to me?   I don't care what BF Matt C carries, my only objection is to his underestimation of his BF.
you said earlier that arnold said that your not a BB if you can't see your oblique's..that's what I was replying to...

why are you guys jumping all over matt c...is it because he said the adonis principles didn't work for him a year ago?  You guys can't still be sore about that...can you?
nasser=piece of shit

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2007, 12:55:23 PM »
you said earlier that arnold said that your not a BB if you can't see your oblique's..that's what I was replying to...

why are you guys jumping all over matt c...is it because he said the adonis principles didn't work for him a year ago?  You guys can't still be sore about that...can you?

I agree with Arnold, you probably only need 10-12% (even more if a lot of it is distributed as IAF) to see serratus though.

I had forgotten why I disliked Matt C, but now that you mention it I recall that it was because he came up with all of this tortured logic to explain why he wasn't ripped after losing 10 or 15 lbs rather than just face the fact that he had a lot more fat and less muscle than he had estimated.  In the process of fortifying his denial he discounted the benefits of reducing calories (what you call the Adonis Principles) in improving body composition.  This irritated me because he was doing a disservice to himself, and possibly misleading others and preventing them from imporving their physiques.

Really all of this talk is wasted because Matt and other perma-bulkers will never be convinced by it, the only thing that actually shows people the error of their ways is dieting.

Deputy D

• Getbig II
« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2007, 01:03:42 PM »

Why is it that you must feel the need to pry your nose into other peoples business and ruin a good thread? Perhaps you should take a walk and cool down good sir. Apparently the forums have become too much for you to handle today. If you cannot handle the pie then do not start the oven.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2007, 06:37:45 PM »
Why is it that you must feel the need to pry your nose into other peoples business and ruin a good thread? Perhaps you should take a walk and cool down good sir. Apparently the forums have become too much for you to handle today. If you cannot handle the pie then do not start the oven.
maybe your reading comprehension level is a little low...I was having a discussion with shifted shapes.  Go be the "deputy" in another thread.
nasser=piece of shit

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2007, 07:04:23 PM »
Matt is suffering Delusion and Dementia of nearly the highest order.  Clearly the higher end of the scale is where Mr. Canning can be found.    http://www.canyonhouse.com/global_deterioration_scale.htm

Mr. Canning is the very definition of a lunatic and is undoubtedly insane as he looks worse every year, but yet he puts in more "work" on his physique.

The Psychotic Delusion and Illusion thus going unrealized and unrecognized cognitively by Mr. Canning conciously as well as sub-conciously.

Somebody needs to intervene.

Level 7 - Very severe cognitive decline (Late Dementia)

All verbal abilities are lost.  Frequently there is no speech at all - only grunting.  Incontinent of urine.  Requires assistance toileting and feeding.  Lose of basic psychomotor skills, e.g., ability to walk.  The brain appears to no longer be able to tell the body what to do.  Generalized and cortical neurologic signs and symptoms are frequently present.
$

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2007, 07:05:05 PM »
maybe your reading comprehension level is a little low...I was having a discussion with shifted shapes.  Go be the "deputy" in another thread.

shut up Al. Go suck your thumb and watch TV
$

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2007, 08:19:28 PM »
I agree with Arnold, you probably only need 10-12% (even more if a lot of it is distributed as IAF) to see serratus though.

My abs are undeveloped and I have no chest.  Look at pictures of Luke Wood and you will see that as shredded as he is, his abs are extremely faint.  You can't look at abs alone as an indicator of body fat.  If my ribcage was structured in the same way Mark Wahlberg's was, my chest would show the same separation his does.

You can see some of the striations in my shoulders and separation in my back through light clothing.  I find it very hard to believe that I'm 20% body fat or higher.

One thing I know is that when I was 200 pounds I felt that I looked way better and way more people noticed me as a bodybuilder than at under 180 pounds.

Bodybuilding Pro.com

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2007, 08:24:45 PM »
My abs are undeveloped and I have no chest.  Look at pictures of Luke Wood and you will see that as shredded as he is, his abs are extremely faint.  You can't look at abs alone as an indicator of body fat.  If my ribcage was structured in the same way Mark Wahlberg's was, my chest would show the same separation his does.

You can see some of the striations in my shoulders and separation in my back through light clothing.  I find it very hard to believe that I'm 20% body fat or higher.

One thing I know is that when I was 200 pounds I felt that I looked way better and way more people noticed me as a bodybuilder than at under 180 pounds.

haha no offense Matt, but Ron looks more buff than you and I don't think he even works out ???

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2007, 08:28:18 PM »
haha no offense Matt, but Ron looks more buff than you and I don't think he even works out ???

No matter how you cut it, Ron is not a small dude.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2007, 08:31:42 PM »
No matter how you cut it, Ron is not a small dude.

All Orange Chicken ;D

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2007, 08:43:01 PM »

haha that was funny  ;D

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2007, 09:15:11 PM »
newsflash:

not everyone needs to walk around at sub 8% BF levels and just because they don't does not mean they're not a "bodybuilder".

matt c is not "fat"..he's fine for what he's doing, if he went to compete at a show in that type of shape then he would be "fat"

i agree with this, and he will look like he lifts weights if he walks around with a sleeveless shirt and long pants, but read the title of the thread and tell me Matt doens't fit the criteria?

Matt is posting clips of himself stripped down and performing bbing poses.

therefore one naturally assumes that this is along the lines of his intended focus.

i do believe that this issue is relevant because there are many guidos people just like Matt that are deluded by numbers. so much so that if you try and tell them the truth they resent you for it. quite simply, many here are commenting on what they believe, despite NEVER getting into shredded condition in their life. i personally have never been. i know many bbers that have attained this condition though and i remember many times being blown away by how far they had to come down before attaining this condition and that's what i'm basing this on.

there is nothing at all wrong with not being shredded. it's actually not a good thing unless you're on stage. it's not healthy or sustainable, but i DO believe it helps to be aware of your approximate lean body mass. an unbiased experienced competitive bber can help him here.

Matt has great delts (especially front) that was a nice side effect from attempting to overemphasize the guido muscles (chest and bis). the by product from lifting too heavy (for him) on bench and bis was good delts and traps.

if he got shredded he would have a very good taper and his delts would dominate his whole physique. problem with that is that delts don't weigh much. the big body parts that give you that lean weight ie legs, glutes, back and chest would be very light, particularly his legs, especially his hams, glutes and lower back which have been atrociously neglected.

that's why i arrive at 130 shredded because, unlike Leafy Bug or Adonis, he just hasn't paid anywhere near enough attention to the large muscles of the body.

Mike was massive at 270 and if i said back then that he would have competed at 197, just about everyone here would have ripped on me, but yet that's what happened.

thing is, from what read of his contest prep account, his pre-contest mentally and physically was top notch for a novice. he didn't think, he just put his complete faith into a few core people (those that he could trust and were experienced) so when the pressure came on and he wasn't thinking rationally ie 'where the hell did all that 'mass' go?' he had the courage and trust in himself (his own decision to put complete faith) and others to just do what he was told.

simple fact is, that although Mike was fatter than Matt, he had paid his dues in the gym by building a much much larger base among the big muscles of his body, so when he did get shredded he had enough dense muscle on his body to leave him looking great at the end.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2007, 11:02:39 PM »
I actually like the attention this thread is bringing, but I find some of you (TEAM TA) are taking it very seriously and are very angry, for reasons I do not know.  This is possibly due to the fact that I rejected the TA principles last year.

First off, I hang out with a lot of young people, ages 19-27, and that is possibly why everyone around me considers me muscular.  In fact, I think that pretty well all of them would point me out as being the closest to a bodybuilder that they personally know.  If I walk around in a tank top in public, multiple people ALWAYS stare, and there is always someone asking me about training or steroids.  Make of that whatever you wish, but that is my reality.  Also, I do not feel fat at all, and in fact feel quite lean and healthy.  I would like to be 210 in the same condition.  I know 200 or so is reasonable (been there), but it may take a while to hit 210 at my height and in the same condition.

Bodybuilding Pro.com

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2007, 12:36:18 AM »
I actually like the attention this thread is bringing, but I find some of you (TEAM TA) are taking it very seriously and are very angry, for reasons I do not know.  This is possibly due to the fact that I rejected the TA principles last year.

First off, I hang out with a lot of young people, ages 19-27, and that is possibly why everyone around me considers me muscular.  In fact, I think that pretty well all of them would point me out as being the closest to a bodybuilder that they personally know.  If I walk around in a tank top in public, multiple people ALWAYS stare, and there is always someone asking me about training or steroids.  Make of that whatever you wish, but that is my reality.  Also, I do not feel fat at all, and in fact feel quite lean and healthy.  I would like to be 210 in the same condition.  I know 200 or so is reasonable (been there), but it may take a while to hit 210 at my height and in the same condition.

no anger/hate and i'm not team TA (he will tell you that much). just commenting on delusionality (and used you as an example) more than anything.

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2007, 03:16:30 AM »
matt could walk str8 up to a girl and ask, "you wanna fuck?"

and 7/10 would say "yes please big papa" then proceed to rub his dick

true story