Author Topic: Can Vick stay buff in jail? ESPN Interviews Palumbo  (Read 6107 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Can Vick stay buff in jail? ESPN Interviews Palumbo
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2007, 09:31:04 AM »
he's going to face charges from the state(Commonwealth of Virginia) next.  he'll serve in state prison after federal. 

I know that's what the media is saying but it won't happen. The charges are essentially the same and the Virginia DA won't try the case. Now it's possible they'll press some sort of charge, get Vick to plead guilty, to say they are fighting crime, but Vick will not go back to the joint.

My two cents.
a

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2007, 09:37:23 AM »
I dunno.  This guy is going to literally live in infamy for the rest of his existence.  I'd be surprised if any elected official would risk being seen as soft on Vick, even years down the line.  Joe Blow might get waved thru but Vicks goose is cooked well done.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2007, 05:44:18 PM »
I know that's what the media is saying but it won't happen. The charges are essentially the same and the Virginia DA won't try the case. Now it's possible they'll press some sort of charge, get Vick to plead guilty, to say they are fighting crime, but Vick will not go back to the joint.

My two cents.
i appreciate you wisdom but we'll see what the state does.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2007, 08:36:55 PM »
Vick Property Fails to Sell at Auction

SURRY, Va. -- Maybe it was the inescapable mind's-eye visions of the brutality inflicted on dogs in the rugged wooded area behind the fence. Or maybe it was the glare of the media spotlight.

Something kept Michael Vick's former dogfighting headquarters from selling at auction Saturday, disappointing a real estate developer who has about $500,000 tied up in the place.

"I didn't see the people in the crowd I thought we needed," Wilbur Ray Todd Jr. said after rejecting the only serious bid _ $747,000, the property's assessed value for real estate tax purposes.

Todd said he thought the 15-acre country estate in rural southeastern Virginia was worth at least $1 million, even without "the celebrity factor." He now plans to list the house for a more conventional sale.

Vick is serving a 23-month sentence for a dogfighting conspiracy. The suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback and three co-defendants raised pit bulls and trained them for fighting in the area behind a 4,600-square-foot white brick house. Several dogs that did not perform well in test fights were executed.

Facing financial ruin, Vick sold the property to Todd for the bargain price of $450,000. The disgraced NFL star has lost millions in endorsement deals and will lose the final $71 million of his Falcons contract. He also might have to repay the team nearly $20 million, and he's being sued by three banks for allegedly defaulting on nearly $6 million in loans.

Todd spent about $50,000 sprucing up the place, which had been trashed by burglars and looters. People arriving for the auction noticed the most recent addition: a front-yard flag pole, with a Falcons flag rippling in the cold wind.

"It was the finishing touch," Todd said.

A container for donations to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was placed at the front of the driveway, and a small concession stand offered burgers, hot dogs and drinks, with proceeds going to the SPCA.

About 70 people packed the home's den and kitchen for the auction, but only six registered as possible bidders. Todd and real estate agent Kyle Thomas Hause Jr. clearly had hoped that despite the dogfighting conviction, the Vick name would help sell the house.

"This is the famous Michael Vick house!" Hause declared as he opened the auction.

A flier distributed at three open houses over the past week, and again Saturday, described the 1915 Moonlight Road property as "formerly owned by famous NFL football star Michael Vick."

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 08:43:12 PM »
He's a 'pro' in that he earns his living from bodybuilding. 

Without knowing the specifics of his financials, it's probably a safe bet that he earns more from bodybuilding than most people who currently hold a 'pro card'.

He's an amateur who happens to be making money like a pro, but then again we know what happened to him because of the "way" he  makes money.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2007, 09:45:51 PM »
Haha omg is this Todd guy for real? He should quit his day job sounds like a dumbass who got lucky.

A atlanta falcons flag in the front yard, "celebrity factor" what a fucing douche, "spruce" up the place gayer than that gay show with 5 guys

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 08:43:03 PM »
Vick will be out of jail around Jan 2009

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2007, 08:59:35 PM »
Vick will be out of jail around Jan 2009

Yea sure he will  ::)  State charges coming up next.

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2007, 09:00:14 PM »

If anything Vick will be back before Jan 09

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2007, 09:03:02 PM »

Yes he will

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 09:15:54 PM »
woah... Vick is Broke????
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2007, 10:18:24 PM »
Face it, some are just destined for jail. ;D
You're a top NFL quarterback and you're betting on dog fights?  haha  This guy should be kept in jail for a while, just to keep another dumb citizen off the streets.  I'd bet he tops out at 85 on an IQ test.  Complete idiot.
N

2big4u

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 04:47:35 AM »
who cares,hopefully he gets raped a few hundred times,contracts aids and dies.fucking piece of shit booner.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 04:50:08 AM »
maybe jumbo can provide vick with some of the same shit he gave billy guns...
footloose and fancy free

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2007, 05:44:56 AM »
the guy shouldn't be locked up for what he did in the first place but it makes me laugh how they're so concerned about whether he's going to be able to lift weights or not, unbelievable.

epic advocate of animal cruelty.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2007, 06:10:20 AM »
Face it, some are just destined for jail. ;D
You're a top NFL quarterback and you're betting on dog fights?  haha  This guy should be kept in jail for a while, just to keep another dumb citizen off the streets.  I'd bet he tops out at 85 on an IQ test.  Complete idiot.
Word is that the coaching staff had to 'dumb down'/simplify the offensive plays for Vick because he just couldn't remember them all.