Author Topic: sergio vs arnold story....Chick or any other experts know the truth??  (Read 17406 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: sergio vs arnold story....Chick or any other experts know the truth??
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2007, 07:04:09 AM »
Partially it was Arnold's smarts, but it was also the savvy of the producers Butler & Gaines as well as master marketer Weider guiding, pulling the strings as to how to most effectively construct and market this film, as it was in their mutual interest to do so.

The Whitney exhibition for example, afforded excellent publicity to an upper-echelon NY crowd. Butler and Gaine's idea, not Arnold's.

We'll never know behind the scenes why other smarter BBs weren't interviewed, but i suspect it was equal parts desire to make it a star vehicle and also the fact that it clearly became a Weider movie, unlike the book, thus other worthwhile BBs were excluded.

yes, it did emphasize arnold, but katz, columbu and ferrigno got a fair amount of attention too.

arnold was obviously the alpha dog and that suited everyone. maybe guys who wouldn't kiss his ass (nubret) and others who would compete with him for alpha territory (michalik) were purposefully avoided so as to make arnold shine more.

it was an ingenious effort and the guys that saw the potential (arnold, butler, weider) reaped the rewards.

i know lou, with hindsight, blames his dad for making him look like a retard, but imo he would have still come off like a dopey overgrown kid. he would have latched on to someone else (like hank maybe) in his absence and come across exactly the same.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2007, 08:35:36 AM »
OK. Then that would be roughly 20-21 years old where he's posing at the Thal lake.

Ok, thanx for correcting me  :)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2007, 12:41:32 AM »
You're funny...the guy doesn't worship Arnold's nutz the way you do therefore he doesn't like him LOL

FYI the charity work is de rigeur for celebs, doesn't necessarily indicate anything.

As far as "acting differently around women" nice try, most other dudes weren't busy groping, including Robby Robinson's wife/girlfriend's tits right in the middle of Gold's LOL

what ur forgetting is he's a great role model for being confident, succeeding in bbing, having charisma and being smart in many senses of the word.

pumpy, ur telling me that uve never said a word or two out of place, or, while drunk or not, groped some guys/girls ass just for a bit of fun? weve all done things on the spur of the moment. arnold could obviously get away with groping a woman or two, cause in reality, if they werent with their current bfs, theyd be with him. oh and being on the president's council for the special olympics is hardly a 'generic charity event' as u suggest.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2007, 06:40:00 AM »

pumpy, ur telling me that uve never said a word or two out of place, or, while drunk or not, groped some guys/girls ass just for a bit of fun? weve all done things on the spur of the moment. arnold could obviously get away with groping a woman or two, cause in reality, if they werent with their current bfs, theyd be with him. oh and being on the president's council for the special olympics is hardly a 'generic charity event' as u suggest.

Of course i'm also imperfect but his actions over the years are not in the category of "occasional slip-ups" in fact the only reason you don't hear anything now is that as governor he knows he has to be on his best behavior 24-7-there's no room for hijinks in this particular role! ;D

DAMY

• Getbig III
  • I shit myself, therefore I am.
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2007, 09:55:48 AM »
Goneaway you really got it bad for arnold don't ya mate? All the stuff you said aboiut charisma sucess in bodybuilding and occasional slipups is right out of the international arnold handbook. written by weider franco and arnold himslef.

As for butler and gaines I don't know much about gaines but that george butler was just another fag fan on the fringes of hollywood probably thought it was christmas when he ran into arnold.

As for pumping iron being taken seriously and doing anything for bodybuilding fuck right off will ya. take for example the scene where that idiot girl standsthere listening intently while arnold compares gettingf a muscle pump to shooting your load. Shite like that will always drop bodybuildings image right back into the stone age.

Michalik is a clown. I saw him in onbe of those documentary progs here in britain and it was fuckin terrible. I dont know which was worese, him surounding himself with brainless hangers-on or his poacher turned gamekeeper monologue railing against gear use. He was like just another fuckwit who acted up as soon as the camera rolled.

Another laugh out loud moment was him claiming to have won the america clean, then and onluy then was he an 'idiot' and used steroids. Kiss my ass steve-o!  ::)

And lastly, arnolds legend beginning with penniless bodybuilder comes to america. He didnt get anywhere by being charming. anyone with half a brain male or femal e would scoff at his feeding america its own bulsshit about the american dream. his charm was no such ything. it woulkd only work on some slavish girly twat who already fell in love with him.

Do you fall into that slot goneaway? I hope not mate.

Damy

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2007, 11:10:02 AM »
what ur forgetting is he's a great role model for being confident, succeeding in bbing, having charisma and being smart in many senses of the word.

pumpy has said a word or two out of place lol

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2007, 11:15:38 AM »
My wife just pointed out what she calls a hijack. I'm not up on all the internet speak see. Now that she mentioed it though I see what she meant. Stick to the point my friend.

Damy

suckmymuscle

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2007, 11:33:56 AM »
sergio was the most massive old school bodybuilder!no doubt about that, but his looks resembeles more that of a powerlifter in good shape than a bodybuilder.....

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaat ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »
pumpy has said a word or two out of place lol

That's pretty low of pumpster.  Good call on getting the screen capture, ND, for exposing that fool when he gets too big for his britches

suckmymuscle

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2007, 12:06:45 PM »
  We can ll pretty much agree that Arnold and Sergio were the two greatest ever, and that the only thing modern bodybuilder have on those two guys is sheer insulin-induced mass and distended gut to boot.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

driverant

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2007, 12:07:24 PM »
As far as "acting differently around women" nice try, most other dudes weren't busy groping, including Robby Robinson's wife/girlfriend's tits right in the middle of Gold's LOL

ehhhhhh...... so? Are you against it or are your super duper gay?

Nothing wrong with what arnold did, a girl who gets groped or raped most of the time wants that, you KNOW they ant to get brutalised because thay are all dickteasing sluts.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2007, 01:03:18 AM »
And lastly, arnolds legend beginning with penniless bodybuilder comes to america. He didnt get anywhere by being charming. anyone with half a brain male or femal e would scoff at his feeding america its own bulsshit about the american dream. his charm was no such ything. it woulkd only work on some slavish girly twat who already fell in love with him.

Do you fall into that slot goneaway? I hope not mate.

Damy

maybe ur right. maybe it was arnold's looks that were solely responsible for his placings and bbing popularity (with good reason), but the guy had undeniable charisma and personality. hear commentary from actors who worked with him in movies, or outtakes, or just look at pumping iron. u cant script that sort of charisma.

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2007, 09:51:10 AM »
Jesus.. Movie stars have always complimented each other it helps to maintain their nice guy image. Plus arnold would go out of his way to prevent any negative publicty coming out in hollywood or anwhere else. So would his army ofasskissers. Are you really gonna belve what comes out the mouth of kirk and michael douglas or the kennedys or any other american institution that arnold wormed his way into?

Goneaway I hope for your sake youre about eighteen year old cos if your not then your hoplessly naive. Either that or your one of those slavish fag fans that I mention before

Damy

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2007, 09:55:26 AM »
My wife just pointed out what she calls a hijack. I'm not up on all the internet speak see. Now that she mentioed it though I see what she meant. Stick to the point my friend.

Damy

LOL you mean the nudnick with no life and nothing to add save for an already embarassing obsession with others?  :-*

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2007, 02:08:24 PM »
I'm a bit lost pump[ster you havin a pop at me or NDeity?

Damy

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2007, 03:11:43 PM »
I'm a bit lost pump[ster you havin a pop at me or NDeity?

Damy

Damy it's almost impossible to find a bigger loser on getbig than ND, who follows me around as if lovesick. :-* He's effectively my very own mascot. ::)

Your posts actually discuss BB so there's no similarity. ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2007, 03:20:53 PM »
Damy it's almost impossible to find a bigger loser on getbig than ND, who follows me around as if lovesick. :-* He's effectively my very own mascot. ::)

Your posts actually discuss BB so there's no similarity. ;)

Monster irony post ! the comments you made about me and my sister almost had you in time out after you posted them you were exposed for the loser we already knew you were but again this was a meltdown post of epic proportions , everyone who saw it commented on how low class you are and how much of a piece of garbage you are , the difference between you and I is , you wont find me melting down about anything you type the same can't be said for you .  ;)

and more irony about you projecting about me not discussing BB you're deathly afraid to discuss bodybuilding for a reason , see the truce thread where you don't discuss any points what so ever all you do is troll and those rare times you do commit to an opinion its usually wrong and you get crushed for your stupidity , perfect example this thread  like Sergio was ' 63 ' when he came to the Olympia stage LMFAO you're a troll nothing more.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2007, 04:03:59 PM »
Monster irony post ! the comments you made about me and my sister almost had you in time out after you posted them you were exposed for the loser we already knew you were but again this was a meltdown post of epic proportions , everyone who saw it commented on how low class you are and how much of a piece of garbage you are , the difference between you and I is , you wont find me melting down about anything you type the same can't be said for you .  ;)

and more irony about you projecting about me not discussing BB you're deathly afraid to discuss bodybuilding for a reason , see the truce thread where you don't discuss any points what so ever all you do is troll and those rare times you do commit to an opinion its usually wrong and you get crushed for your stupidity , perfect example this thread  like Sergio was ' 63 ' when he came to the Olympia stage LMFAO you're a troll nothing more.

See what i mean? BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AA

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2007, 04:36:36 PM »

See what i mean? BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AA

I love how you crack yourself up but the point stands . you follow me around like a puppy I very rarely even respond to you ( see the truce thread ) you melted down to the point of wishing me dead not I  ;)

I never wished death on you , you're lucky I even respond to you .

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2007, 07:18:17 PM »
Jesus.. Movie stars have always complimented each other it helps to maintain their nice guy image. Plus arnold would go out of his way to prevent any negative publicty coming out in hollywood or anwhere else. So would his army ofasskissers. Are you really gonna belve what comes out the mouth of kirk and michael douglas or the kennedys or any other american institution that arnold wormed his way into?

Goneaway I hope for your sake youre about eighteen year old cos if your not then your hoplessly naive. Either that or your one of those slavish fag fans that I mention before

Damy

if moviestars try to protect their 'good image', then y do actors flat-out say some of their movies sucked? that not only makes themself look like a bad actor, but it reflects on everyone involved and degrades the movie industry as a whole. watch conan the destroyer and listen to the commentary by those who worked with arnold. it's hard to believe that it was scripted, when others have said the same thing on other movie sets, regarding his kindness and health-orientated advice.

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2007, 08:40:17 AM »
Like i said filmstars never say anything that isnt desinged for a specifc purpose always to benifit themse;ves. Whehn an actor says he or she dod a movie that was shit they know it wont affect them badly it will make them lok earthy and man in the street to their fans who desperatly wanta to see good in them. The way you seem to do with mr schwarzenegger mate. i think arnold could shag your wife and youd say it was stylish and charismatic  ::)

Conan was so bad its amusing and its fuckall to do with seemed like a good idea at the time. they were all adults even then remember.arnold must have been looking for his own flagship charcter to kicjstart his movue career the way stallone did with rocky. conan worked well in comic book form but didnt translate to the screen  i also think arnolds inner child still felt the magic of old reg park steve reeves films crap as they were and wanted his own similar sword weilding hero. bad bad idea.

not the first time hed been given a crap role and taken it. stay hungry crap. Total recall expensive and showy but crap. Jingle all the way. Crap all the way. twins is excruciating nbut i watch it for kelly preston. t3 is shite cos theres no james cameron. commando is okay but cheap production. raw deal shite. the villain (aka cactus jack) utter shite. I could go on.

Not just bigscreen eithr. his role in streets of sanfrancisco was fuckin terrible. a foreign bodybuilder (big stretch there) who beats up or kills women who laugh at him  cartoon come to life. these days he gets moree and more cool tinting his transplanted arse hair.

Goneaway why dont you worship someone whos got real style like maybe donny osmomnd or david hasselhoff?

Damy

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2007, 12:24:18 AM »
Like i said filmstars never say anything that isnt desinged for a specifc purpose always to benifit themse;ves. Whehn an actor says he or she dod a movie that was shit they know it wont affect them badly it will make them lok earthy and man in the street to their fans who desperatly wanta to see good in them

i can see that being true.

deep down, im a big bbing fan. arnold was an amazing bber for reasons ive explained before, and he's way more than that. theres lots to admire about the guy. maybe u should tell me the main reasons y u dont like him, apart from making some bad movies (according to u) lol.

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2007, 12:28:38 PM »
Goneaway its not so much that I dislike arnold it just winds me up that people get such an erection about him beleivin that theres some sort of magic about him. Ill admit there has to be some reason why a yokel from centrl europe ended up as close as it gets to president of usa. but i dont believe its so much to do with charm as with rut;lessness. say what yopu like ruthlessness is not an attractive thing unless your a weirdo.

no doubt you heard about the walkin cane stunt and contest-what-contest at the 70 olympia with reg park. even though park probly laughed it off it was still a shabby trick to pull on someone whod he;lped you out. not necessary, regpark was no threat at all in that contest.

and the people who go on about how kindly he is jesus christ goneaway its very easy for people in suc`h positions to give their time and look mgnanimous but its all image construction. its the same in this country with diana fuckin spencer whos been dead ten years but idiots still wanta bang on about how much she did for charity and she was the peoples princess and all that shite. the truth is she was thick as two short planks rarely looked anybody in the eye maybe it was shyness but id say arroganc and dishonesty.

point is its easy to fool the average joe in the street cos average joe aint all that clever. i dont think your a dummy average joe goneaway thats why its hard for me to get why you cant see through schwarzenegger fpr what he is

Damy

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2007, 12:35:15 PM »
maybe u should tell me the main reasons y u dont like him, apart from making some bad movies (according to u) lol.

Basically you're so in love with him that anything other than accolades is interpreted as dislike. As Damy sez, he's a manipulator, and some blockheads don't see thru it.

DAMY

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2007, 02:54:39 PM »
I dont think goneaway is a blockhead in general pumpster man, (sorry to talk about you like you aint here goneaway!) i just think he is blinkred when it conmes to arnold. when people are spectacularly sucessfull you gota ask yorself why. i dont mean bein a star i mean being a world beater. i think way back in the lifes of such people you gona find lying cheating manipulating doublecrossin and a lot of arse kissin. and in arnolds case takin it in the cornhole as a very young strugglin BBer. a few candid shots my hairy arse  ;D

Damy