Author Topic: I am legend  (Read 9416 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: I am legend
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2008, 09:17:27 AM »
I still say will smith can get a movie greenlit quicker then anyone else

Quicker than anyone else, ...or quicker than the actors you previously named?  ;)
w

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2008, 09:41:53 AM »
Quicker than anyone else, ...or quicker than the actors you previously named?  ;)
I will actually say quicker then anyone else, including denzel, harrison ford and tom cruise,damn Cruise was sacked from Paramount last year, and his new flick with merryl streep made like 12M all up..
Denzel has pull no doubt, but im sure the investors and financiers come running when they know "THe Fresh prince" is attached to a project knowing that Will has worldwide pull, Everybody in the world knows Will.

On similiar topic

I remember reading an article ages ago in the 90's,  "If your name was Sylvester Stalllone you could get any piece of crap movie made, like Oscar, stop or my mom will shoot, Over the top (he got paid $12M for that upfront and that was in the 80's) Rhinestone, Cobra (which was supposed to be Beverly hills Cop if sly played it instead of eddie)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2008, 10:19:10 AM »
I will actually say quicker then anyone else, including denzel, harrison ford and tom cruise,damn Cruise was sacked from Paramount last year, and his new flick with merryl streep made like 12M all up..
Denzel has pull no doubt, but im sure the investors and financiers come running when they know "THe Fresh prince" is attached to a project knowing that Will has worldwide pull, Everybody in the world knows Will.

Perhaps, ...if Will is in his box playing the cocky, funny, witty guy who manages to save the earth with a smile on his face and a joke or two on his lips? Let him attempt to stretch and see how fast he gets financing or greenlit.
Let him say he wants to direct the movie, and see if he gets to, ...let alone a budget over 3 million to play with.

On similiar topic

I remember reading an article ages ago in the 90's,  "If your name was Sylvester Stalllone you could get any piece of crap movie made, like Oscar, stop or my mom will shoot, Over the top (he got paid $12M for that upfront and that was in the 80's) Rhinestone, Cobra (which was supposed to be Beverly hills Cop if sly played it instead of eddie)

20+ yrs ago Duran Duran could do no wrong, and Platinum Blonde & Corey Hart were sex symbols. Times Change
w

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2008, 11:53:19 AM »
Perhaps, ...if Will is in his box playing the cocky, funny, witty guy who manages to save the earth with a smile on his face and a joke or two on his lips? Let him attempt to stretch and see how fast he gets financing or greenlit.Let him say he wants to direct the movie, and see if he gets to, ...let alone a budget over 3 million to play with.

20+ yrs ago Duran Duran could do no wrong, and Platinum Blonde & Corey Hart were sex symbols. Times Change
he has been nominated for 2 oscars, he is not 2 dimensional as you think,  i think he could attempt and stretch and still get financing and all that, it may not do well but if Jim carrey can get financing for some of the unfunny stuff his done so can will.. plus being cocky and funny is his forte, thats what people want to see and PAY to see from him, why shoud he stray from that, his numbers destroy every other actor that have more range and acting talent like Tom hanks, Foxx, Cruise, Denzel...That's bankable....As you know i love foxx but "the kingdom" flopped hard, He played "Ray" better than Will played "Ali" but i got a feeling his going to feel the heat at the box office cause Jamie does not have The pull Denzel or Will has...
Anyway thats my opinion, of course Im not in the industry, im just a poster on getbig that acts like i know it all hahahha

I dont think its fair to say 'put will in a movie where his not funny and witty

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2008, 07:32:27 PM »
he has been nominated for 2 oscars, he is not 2 dimensional as you think,  i think he could attempt and stretch and still get financing and all that, it may not do well but if Jim carrey can get financing for some of the unfunny stuff his done so can will.. plus being cocky and funny is his forte, thats what people want to see and PAY to see from him, why shoud he stray from that, his numbers destroy every other actor that have more range and acting talent like Tom hanks, Foxx, Cruise, Denzel...That's bankable....As you know i love foxx but "the kingdom" flopped hard, He played "Ray" better than Will played "Ali" but i got a feeling his going to feel the heat at the box office cause Jamie does not have The pull Denzel or Will has...
Anyway thats my opinion, of course Im not in the industry, im just a poster on getbig that acts like i know it all hahahha

I'm not saying Will can't stretch, or act outside of his box,
...I'm saying those who bank the projcets consider that more of a risk than they're willing to take.
w

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2008, 10:37:19 AM »
Former Faith No More frontman Mike Patton did all the voices for the zombie thingies. Being a Patton fan I thought that was cool.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2008, 11:42:08 AM »

Some random incoherent thougts:

Foxx was extremely good in "Ray", but average in "Miami vice".
Smith plays the tough, funny guy pretty good but he relies on certain tricks too much imo. I wasn't that impressed by "Ali" to be honest. Denzel washington is good (loved him in american gangster), but his latest movie flopped at the box office i heard.

What about Russel Crow? I think he's pretty bankable...

Oh yeah, i heard W. Smith is now a member of Scientology. Is he going the Cruise way?  :-\
$

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2008, 08:32:55 PM »

Oh yeah, i heard W. Smith is now a member of Scientology. Is he going the Cruise way?  :-\
'If it aint broke why fix it' will should say that phrase 3 times to himself if he really is considering it, I dont mind what religion any one is, but when it comes to scientology or islam the media will fuck you

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2008, 04:07:24 PM »
'If it aint broke why fix it' will should say that phrase 3 times to himself if he really is considering it, I dont mind what religion any one is, but when it comes to scientology or islam the media will fuck you

People used to say you couldn't get a job in Hollywood unless you were Jewish.
Now they're saying you better be on board with the Scientologists.  :-X
w

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2008, 04:33:28 PM »
People used to say you couldn't get a job in Hollywood unless you were Jewish.
Now they're saying you better be on board with the Scientologists.  :-X
so was it a fact that you had to be jewish or is that hearsay? I know the saying "It's run by Jews" but to be a jew to act is something i never heard of