Author Topic: Orvile Burke - Spotted in Jersey City Gym  (Read 6685 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: Orvile Burke - Spotted in Jersey City Gym
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
do you know Orville's story?  or is it just fun to put down people at random?

Orville Burke fell into a coma on Nov 5 2002 after having routine surgery to fix a tricep tear.  The reason usually given is that  his anesthesiologist miscalculated the dose.   Orville is lucky to be alive, and for a while they thought he'd need 24 hour care the rest of his life.  That he's up and around is amazing progress.

I agree!  Great picture of Orville by the way.  He was 5'9 and 1/2 and competed at a weight as high as 268 at the 2001 NY Pro which he won and at about 250 at the 2001 Olympia where he placed sixth.

Bodybuilding Pro.com

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 11:35:21 AM »
Dude has a 3-pack. Don't think I've seen that before.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2007, 11:43:15 AM »
He was 5'9 and 1/2 and competed at a weight as high as 268 at the 2001 NY Pro which he won

Are we revising history here?  It was the Night of Champions, not the New York Pro.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2007, 11:44:45 AM »
Dude has a 3-pack. Don't think I've seen that before.

Four pack I think, and between Burke, Ruhl, and Dennis James, the 2001 Olympia was definitely a spectacle for weird looking abs.  ;D

Are we revising history here?  It was the Night of Champions, not the New York Pro.

Oops, don't mind my retroactive slip.  ;D

He also won the 2001 Toronto Pro at what I imagine was around the same weight as he was at the NOC.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2007, 11:47:01 AM »
Who gives a shit?

Just proves that not every pro is a freak like Nasser. Unlike Orvile what's his face, Nasser is still 300 lbs with abs after leaving the sport.

wow you are stupid ::)

E
E

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 12:00:40 PM »
very wide shoulders and lats.

You arent exactly the smallest guy in town either gtbro1.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 12:12:27 PM »
Couldnt belive it was Orvile Burke, but it was..Skinny isnt the word. He couldnt have been more than 180-190. He was with these two women, one looked like hes wife. He did the bike for half hour  and then leg extensions. It was very strange to see him so small. Must be a tough road back  ....The Gym is located near route 1&9, back of Jersey City " Rocky Marciano's" gym...Its a boxing gym as well as wieght lifting.....On occasion you do see some big ass M-kers training, as well as many hot russians chicks who appear to be taking over the area.
Yeah, training natural isn't for everyone.  Reality is bitch. :D
N

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2007, 12:18:08 PM »
Couldnt belive it was Orvile Burke, but it was..Skinny isnt the word. He couldnt have been more than 180-190. He was with these two women, one looked like hes wife. He did the bike for half hour  and then leg extensions. It was very strange to see him so small. Must be a tough road back  ....The Gym is located near route 1&9, back of Jersey City " Rocky Marciano's" gym...Its a boxing gym as well as wieght lifting.....On occasion you do see some big ass M-kers training, as well as many hot russians chicks who appear to be taking over the area.

How is 180-190 at 5'10 "skinny"?  I think it would appear that he is thin and fit.  I'm just happy to see he has the capacity to still go to the gym and train.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Nietzsche

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2007, 12:20:48 PM »
Yeah, training natural isn't for everyone.  Reality is bitch. :D
Yes indeed, not a surprise to find you feeding your tiny ego at any chance you get you buffoon.

Nevermind the fact he was in a coma for months upon months, his present stature must be due to the fact he does not possess the same "warrior willpower" and incredible "genetics" that you are so gifted with ::)

You sir, possess the maturity and mental ability of a small children who is yearning desperately for attention and admiration.  What a sad figure you present to Getbig.

That is all gentlemen.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2007, 12:27:59 PM »
JJ - Yesha mesh Gatti does train at this place from time to time. I think hes a partial owner!

BBB - Arent they both same?
OK, here is my rebutle...You really are gay and in the closet! You go out with your boys get drunk, yell at girls who dont pay attention to your pimpled splashed with "drakkar" colgne face..Fist fight with your boys when the test kicks in. Hug, and wonder how it would feel to stick your tounge up he's crapper....the more you call poeple fags on boards like this, the more we all know you want to shove some tube steak up your own dumpster!...

SS - I'll take a pic of a few of the chicks that work behind the desk and post them...Dum as hell, but hot! and H**rny as hell
Must be hormones there stealing from the BF's

You'll take pics, yeah right ::)  You're one of the biggest bullshitters on here, "silentmethod"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2007, 12:32:19 PM »
Crotch = natural

Did you guys know that?  I've never heard him talk about it on here. 

Master Blaster

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 12:36:02 PM »
Crotch = natural

Did you guys know that?  I've never heard him talk about it on here. 

;D

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 01:51:21 PM »
Yes indeed, not a surprise to find you feeding your tiny ego at any chance you get you buffoon.

Nevermind the fact he was in a coma for months upon months, his present stature must be due to the fact he does not possess the same "warrior willpower" and incredible "genetics" that you are so gifted with ::)

You sir, possess the maturity and mental ability of a small children who is yearning desperately for attention and admiration.  What a sad figure you present to Getbig.

That is all gentlemen.
Just keeping it real.  I could careless if he was in a coma.  Training natural isn't for pussies.
Hope this helps. ;)
N

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2007, 02:47:33 PM »

I agree with Tim Fogarty - Orville just isn't putting in the work anymore, that he let himself go completely.

He needs to stop making excuses and up the dosage.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2007, 03:10:06 PM »
That is classic, why not just send him to West Philly...lol

They are redoing the el stations there. Market street is closed off or else I would.
$

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 03:27:01 PM »
what you mean russian girls are taking over

sounds like a lesbian mob
Z

Jizzacked

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2007, 03:38:49 PM »
I remember when he went into a coma, they said he had high blood pressure for years (a huge concern with general anesthetic) and he has an extremely enlarged heart.  he should be grateful to even be able to be lifting let alone living.

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2007, 03:41:31 PM »

They are redoing the el stations there. Market street is closed off or else I would.

Hell there is always Fish Town...lol

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2007, 05:17:11 PM »
Just proves that not every pro is a freak like Nasser.

All your post proves is that Nasser is the only retired pro that can't hang up the towel, and continues to do as much shit as he did while an active Pro. Who gives a shit about that? Nobody except that stupid shtick you call "Team Nasser." 

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »
I remember when he went into a coma, they said he had high blood pressure for years (a huge concern with general anesthetic) and he has an extremely enlarged heart.  he should be grateful to even be able to be lifting let alone living living let alone lifting.

Fixed.  ;D

That's too bad about his enlarged heart.  I would imagine that he had about 20 years of sauce in him by the time of the anesthesia.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2007, 06:43:44 PM »
I would be more impressed if he met Orville Redenbacker.

Or Orville Wright.....Of Kitty Hawk Fame!!!! :-X

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »
  orville actually tore his tricep on a photoshoot.. he went to a surgeon who did not want to put orville under put do tyhe surgury with a spinal inject keeping orvill awake.. orville did not like that idea and found another that would put him under.. as you can see, the first surgeon had the right idea.. orville is lucky to be alive..

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2007, 09:48:10 PM »
Good to know Burke is all right. If he's able to work out and live a normal life, then he's made a helluva comeback.
!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2007, 02:29:28 AM »
when hes on stage again? ;D

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2007, 02:42:11 AM »