Author Topic: Tipsy Flex Wheeler reflects on the mr olympia  (Read 6949 times)

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
Re: Tipsy Flex Wheeler reflects on the mr olympia
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 06:21:05 PM »
Id bet Don Long knows which drugs i am talking about.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 06:30:24 PM »
Observations:

1.) Flex was/is a loser trying to act hard with Ron and the other guy
2.) Ronnie was in shit condition compared to the past
3.) Ronnie came back and won in 01, like Jay did in 07
4.) Synthol apparently helps keep that arm size
5.) Whoever said Flex was insecure, quiet and hates the spot light is dumb
Squishy face retard

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2007, 06:35:05 PM »
Say what you want to about Flex Wheeler but he was right on there. Lee but he always comes to contests in great shape and has time for his fans.

Fixed.

PS - 1st, 4th and last pic is NOT LEE
  ::) ::) ::) ::)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2007, 06:55:45 PM »
^That is Lee Priest alright. The guy made me curl 315lbs.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2007, 08:58:07 PM »
Flex was clearly passionate about the O. He made very good points. I don't think he's that big, he's probably 205, if that, because of his joints, he's always looked bigger than what he was. Plus, he's always had big guns, so you see those and think he's he's huge. He actually looks healthy.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2007, 09:03:33 PM »
Flex was clearly passionate about the O. He made very good points. I don't think he's that big, he's probably 205, if that, because of his joints, he's always looked bigger than what he was. Plus, he's always had big guns, so you see those and think he's he's huge. He actually looks healthy.

You know, Flex may should realize that the fault may not completely be with the judges for whatever injustices are being served today; you could just as well argue that the competitors that placed below Jay simply aren't showing up in convincing-enough shape.  I promise you that if any one of them showed up looking like Flex Wheeler did in '93 at the Arnold they would have won the show. 

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2007, 09:13:10 PM »
haha it's nice to see he's the same assh*le as usual :D

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2007, 09:15:06 PM »
You know, Flex may should realize that the fault may not completely be with the judges for whatever injustices are being served today; you could just as well argue that the competitors that placed below Jay simply aren't showing up in convincing-enough shape.  I promise you that if any one of them showed up looking like Flex Wheeler did in '93 at the Arnold they would have won the show. 

Problem is that jay has been getting  gifts since back when he beat Chris Cormier multiple times for the Arnold. And the mags would use excuses, even admitting that Chris was more shredded had a better shape, and a more detailed back. Total head scratcher, like he was being "prepared". And this is the Arnold, where fair judging tends to be the norm. So I don't know. Vic, Dex, and Wolfe were better shape and condition than Jay will ever be.

haha it's nice to see he's the same assh*le as usual :D
I just think dude is  has a opinion, hell, he's got some fight in him...yeah, sometimes ya gotta be an asshole.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2007, 09:24:03 PM »

I just think dude is  has a opinion, hell, he's got some fight in him...yeah, sometimes ya gotta be an asshole.

Flex was probably just irritated that he was having his views spun in unnatural directions by Isaac just so Isaac could feel like he was having a say that mattered in anything.  Ya dig?     

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2007, 09:28:14 PM »
Flex was probably just irritated that he was having his views spun in unnatural directions by Isaac just so Isaac could feel like he was having a say that mattered in anything.  Ya dig?     

Yeah, I know what your saying...I got the same impression

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2007, 09:33:32 PM »
The bigger question is what is with the cluster-f interview in a parking lot with the 3 dudes standing on top of Flex?

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2007, 09:48:56 PM »
Yeah, I know what your saying...I got the same impression
yeah I understand that but he just gives me the impression he has no patience and gets angry if he becomes frustrated and cant articulately say what he wants to.

His personality screams confrontational, could you see, say Markus Ruhl acting that way, absolutely not he would have probably brushed Isaac off with a funny comment.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2007, 10:44:10 PM »
Damn Flex had one too many Mojitos at the show  :o

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2007, 10:47:38 PM »
http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/media/videos.php?id=181

Even with one kidney he looks better then us.
discuss

3 Questions...

1) Why is Rip Torn doing the interview?
2) What is Adam Levine doing there?
3) Why does Ron keep trying to bum Flex?
P

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2007, 06:09:05 AM »
I can never understand why people don't use violence more often to solve their problems. Works every time.

Denny Crane.
Denny Crane. Denny Crane.

cht868

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2007, 08:21:50 AM »
how big are flex's arms there?  had to be over 20 in

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2007, 08:40:40 AM »
flex has an opinion and he wasn't afraid to give it (unlike ron avidan, who clearly hasn't got the balls to go against the party line).

what you have to understand here is that flex wheeler was a premier bber in this sport's history and he doesn't like to see his sport tarnished and degraded by corrupt judging. he sacrificed a lot to compete in his very best shape and he readily accepted defeat to the better man on numerous occasions.

i liked seeing the man speak up for himself and not allow himself to be railroaded by tweedle dumb and tweedle dee who obviously wouldn't have the feintest idea what it's like to compete or diet to attain reasonable condition, never mind contest condition.

his point about ronnie i don't agree with though. i have no idea how yates got a perfect score with a torn bicep (the show piece muscle of bbing). maybe it had something to do with his insane conditioning and the fact that everything else was great, but ronnie was just plain off. it wasn't just torn muscles. he was off and there were too many weaknesses on his physique. flex's reasoning for giving ronnie a break was in contrast to his point about jay, so this was somewhat hypocritical by flex.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2007, 08:50:36 AM »
flex has an opinion and he wasn't afraid to give it (unlike ron avidan, who clearly hasn't got the balls to go against the party line).

what you have to understand here is that flex wheeler was a premier bber in this sport's history and he doesn't like to see his sport tarnished and degraded by corrupt judging. he sacrificed a lot to compete in his very best shape and he readily accepted defeat to the better man on numerous occasions.

i liked seeing the man speak up for himself and not allow himself to be railroaded by tweedle dumb and tweedle dee who obviously wouldn't have the feintest idea what it's like to compete or diet to attain reasonable condition, never mind contest condition.

his point about ronnie i don't agree with though. i have no idea how yates got a perfect score with a torn bicep (the show piece muscle of bbing). maybe it had something to do with his insane conditioning and the fact that everything else was great, but ronnie was just plain off. it wasn't just torn muscles. he was off and there were too many weaknesses on his physique. flex's reasoning for giving ronnie a break was in contrast to his point about jay, so this was somewhat hypocritical by flex.

He also said that Ronnie got what he deserved and he had no problem with Ronnie's placing tonight. Thing is Ronnie's conditioning was better than Jay's, but in DOrian's era, everybody had insane condition, whereas in Ronnie's era, amateurs have better conditioning and muscle separation than the current Mr. O.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2007, 08:57:52 AM »
He also said that Ronnie got what he deserved and he had no problem with Ronnie's placing tonight. Thing is Ronnie's conditioning was better than Jay's, but in DOrian's era, everybody had insane condition, whereas in Ronnie's era, amateurs have better conditioning and muscle separation than the current Mr. O.

yes, but as pointed out, earlier he had mentioned that ronnie should have placed higher.

in any case, i totally agree with the stance flex took and admire him for speaking his mind.

thing is, as wheeler pointed out, why would you want to go through the rigours of dieting, training and supplementing, only to be ripped off at the end?

i don't agree with flex's martinez choice. wolf should have definitely won the 2007 mr o imo, but one thing is absoltely and utterly obvious to anyone with properly functioning eye sight, jay should NOT have won it.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2007, 09:24:58 AM »
yes, but as pointed out, earlier he had mentioned that ronnie should have placed higher.

in any case, i totally agree with the stance flex took and admire him for speaking his mind.

thing is, as wheeler pointed out, why would you want to go through the rigours of dieting, training and supplementing, only to be ripped off at the end?

i don't agree with flex's martinez choice. wolf should have definitely won the 2007 mr o imo, but one thing is absoltely and utterly obvious to anyone with properly functioning eye sight, jay should NOT have won it.

I agree, he was too pushing for Ronnie, but i think he realize Ronnie didn't bring it this year, and going to retire. Flex thought it was Vic who should have won, many thought it was Wolf, and Ruhl thought it should have been Dex, and this coming from a fellow German. But,as you said, nobody thinks it should have been Jay. Right now, I don't even want pay attenttion to bodybuilding, unless the names are Dex, Heath, Wolf, Melvin.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2007, 05:16:13 PM »
What does race have to do with it?

here is a better question; do you know what a quote is?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2007, 05:24:15 PM »

That was the year he got down to 0.0% bodyfat

Moosejay

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
He reminds me of Charles Barkley.

“We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do.”
 -Charles Barkley

Yeah...and that comes from your next Governor of Alabama...what a Joke...the folks there are probably stupid enough to elect him, too.

Mike

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2007, 07:16:21 PM »
funny , how against a small white guy, flex gets tough and says he doesnt run from anybody.

then what the fuck was the bs story he created in 97 with the ninjas?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2007, 07:40:25 PM »
I hope he was drunk.....because he said he is tired of being "misconscrewed" !