Author Topic: BOSOX'S PAPELBON'S DOG EATS BASEBALL FROM FINAL OUT OF WORLD SERIES WIN  (Read 1602 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
What an absolute fucking retard.... ::)

The dog ate it? Closer's canine reportedly chews on history
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 20, 2007, 12:43 PM ET
Comment
 Email
 Print
 The baseball from the final out of the 2007 World Series is at Jonathan Papelbon's home in Hattiesburg, Miss., according to the Hattiesburg American.

Well, part of it is.

The rest? You should ask the Boss.

If he could talk, he might say it was delicious. But the most he'll say is "woof."

"Boss," you see, is Jonathan Papelbon's dog. Boss likes to play with baseballs. And Boss found the baseball that Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek gave the closer after he struck out the Rockies' Seth Smith to clinch Boston's second World Series title in four years, the newspaper reported.

And Papelbon was left with a common excuse for not doing one's homework to explain what happened to a historic baseball artifact.

"My dog ate it," Papelbon told the newspaper. "He plays with baseballs like they are his toys. His name is Boss. He jumped up one day on the counter and snatched it. He likes rawhide. He tore that thing to pieces.

"I'll keep what's left of it," he told the paper.

After the 2004 World Series, the Red Sox and first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz haggled over custody of the ball that produced the final out of the team's Series championship in 86 years. Both sides eventually decided to give the ball to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y.

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: BOSOX'S PAPELBON'S DOG EATS BASEBALL FROM FINAL OUT OF WORLD SERIES WIN
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 12:25:02 PM »
personally I don't think the ball had all that much significance....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 12:33:08 PM »
Final out of world series winning ball? Sure, it has significance. If you own it, put it up for auction within a few months of the win and watch how much it prices for. No where near is valuable as a home run record ball but there are some very rich baseball purists out there that would pay big bucks for it.

Example: Luis Gonzalez's bubble gum that he spit out during his game winning double against the Yankees in the 2001 World Series. Went for $46,000 on ebay.

Fucking bubble gum!

A baseball like that could go for as much as a $100,000. But the sentimental value is where the significance is and Papelbon is basically brushing the whole incident off like it's no big deal. Oh well.

body88

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 12:57:33 PM »
Final out of world series winning ball? Sure, it has significance. If you own it, put it up for auction within a few months of the win and watch how much it prices for. No where near is valuable as a home run record ball but there are some very rich baseball purists out there that would pay big bucks for it.

Example: Luis Gonzalez's bubble gum that he spit out during his game winning double against the Yankees in the 2001 World Series. Went for $46,000 on ebay.

Fucking bubble gum!

A baseball like that could go for as much as a $100,000. But the sentimental value is where the significance is and Papelbon is basically brushing the whole incident off like it's no big deal. Oh well.

Maybe if a fan owned the ball and his dog ate it. Pap is the guy who threw the ball. If it is no big deal to him , who cares? Its not like he will forget he threw the ball that got the out , or that he needed to sell it for money. I doubt he would have ever tried to sell the ball.

That said I could def see pap walking in to his house and being like oh shit!! Haha the guy is classic. He drinks with fans, gets behind the bar. Great guy. During the parade he was rowing the float he was in down the road with a broom.  It was classic.

Pap is the man!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 01:54:07 PM »
He should follow the dog around for a couple of days,pick up his crap and put it back together :-X :P

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 08:57:50 AM »
The night I graduated from high school my dog ate my fancy shiny shoes.  I had to wear converse all stars to graduation.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »
They outa put whats left in Cooperstown..what a great Red Sox story.
L

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »

Fucking bubble gum!

I can appreciate sentimental memorabilia as much as the next guy,and if it was the final out of the 2004 series to break the curse I'd say that was something,but if I'm over at Joe Blows house and he pulls a ball off his shelf and says look, this ball was the final out of the 2007 series, I'd probably say...... big deal !