Author Topic: Brian Siders Breaks 2 WR'S!!! 12/2/07  (Read 9232 times)

ARTI

• Getbig II
Brian Siders Breaks 2 WR'S!!! 12/2/07
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:57:10 AM »
At the American Open in Scranton, PA 12/2/07. Siders Benched 777 and totaled 2600. Both were his previous IPF World Records.
He also squatted 959 easily and attempted 1003. He came up with it with little difficulty but was red-lighted for depth.
It's there whenever he wants it. He finished up with a very fast 865 dead. Truly amazing display of strength.
I was in the back and watched his warm-ups for the squat. He squatted 765 as fast as humanly possible. The bar whip was crazy!
Strongest man in the World right there!

The SHW Squat record is held by Shane Hamman at 1008.6 lbs and Dead by Tibor Mészáros at 899.5 lbs. It looked to me like Siders had both on 4th attempts if he wanted them. Injuries aside, He will have all of them in time.
That SHW World Total Record was Kaz's for the longest time.

-Art
SlackJaw Fagets

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Brian Siders Breaks 2 WR'S!!! 12/2/07
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 08:58:28 AM »
he benched 777 RAW?

ARTI

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 09:27:48 AM »
No, This was a USAPL sactioned meet. Single Ply equipment, drug testing and strict judging.
SlackJaw Fagets

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 11:46:13 AM »
No, This was a USAPL sactioned meet. Single Ply equipment, drug testing and strict judging.

Exactly.

This is an amazing total for USAPL.

8)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 03:27:39 PM »
At the American Open in Scranton, PA 12/2/07. Siders Benched 777 and totaled 2600. Both were his previous IPF World Records.
He also squatted 959 easily and attempted 1003. He came up with it with little difficulty but was red-lighted for depth.
It's there whenever he wants it. He finished up with a very fast 865 dead. Truly amazing display of strength.
I was in the back and watched his warm-ups for the squat. He squatted 765 as fast as humanly possible. The bar whip was crazy!

The SHW Squat record is held by Shane Hamman at 1008.6 lbs and Dead by Tibor Mészáros at 899.5 lbs. It looked to me like Siders had both on 4th attempts if he wanted them. Injuries aside, He will have all of them in time.

-Art

The 1003 squat was redded on him stumbling after coming up, losing balance. Didn't get redlighted on depth from what I understand.

He will no doubt get Hamman's record if he stays injuryfree.
As empty as paradise

ARTI

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 09:23:23 AM »
No balance issues. He locks out fine and the spotters guide him in. He was red-lighted by both side judges for depth.
I was less than 10 feet to his right filming it.

SlackJaw Fagets

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 01:41:55 AM »
No balance issues. He locks out fine and the spotters guide him in. He was red-lighted by both side judges for depth.
I was less than 10 feet to his right filming it.

I stand corrected.

The bar just exploded up! :o
As empty as paradise

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 08:43:59 AM »
He was redlighted for stepping back a bit but not for belly benching and lifting his head up? What a bunch of horseshit, Siders got robbed plain and simple. That squat was the deepest grand I've even seen, that and he walked it out plus he's wearing single ply gear. Stupid USAPL.

ARTI

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 12:54:05 PM »
What a bunch of horseshit, Siders got robbed plain and simple. That squat was the deepest grand I've even seen, that and he walked it out plus he's wearing single ply gear. Stupid USAPL.

I don't understand. You're saying that we should've gave it to him because it was a lot of weight and he was "really deep"?
He wasn't deep enough and it was a good call by the judges. Some times the judges don't have the balls to red-light the biggest squat of the contest. When everyone crowds the platform and are screaming. Siders is a great guy, I've met and seen him lift twice. Everyone there including the judges wanted him to break a grand but, he wasn't deep enough.

-Art
SlackJaw Fagets

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 01:04:58 PM »
That lift was judged fairly...

USAPL is still the best judged FED.

8)

Bodvar

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 09:07:19 PM »
I don't understand. You're saying that we should've gave it to him because it was a lot of weight and he was "really deep"?
He wasn't deep enough and it was a good call by the judges. Some times the judges don't have the balls to red-light the biggest squat of the contest. When everyone crowds the platform and are screaming. Siders is a great guy, I've met and seen him lift twice. Everyone there including the judges wanted him to break a grand but, he wasn't deep enough.

-Art

The issue was never the depth but the small step to the side he did after he got up. Nobody can call that squat shallow. My point is that he was redlighted for a small technicality on the squat, but he wasn't for two pretty big ones on his bench. That's all

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 10:38:27 PM »
He was redlighted for stepping back a bit but not for belly benching and lifting his head up? What a bunch of horseshit, Siders got robbed plain and simple. That squat was the deepest grand I've even seen, that and he walked it out plus he's wearing single ply gear. Stupid USAPL.

ARTI claims the lift was redlighted on depth, and not due to the balance issue, I have to say I doubt ARTI, although ARTI was at the spot. ;)

That squat is simply not high, it isn't even a close call.

So the squat had to be redlighted on the balancing, which makes sense. He didn't stand still until getting a back signal.

As empty as paradise

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 06:11:04 AM »
ARTI claims the lift was redlighted on depth, and not due to the balance issue, I have to say I doubt ARTI, although ARTI was at the spot. ;)

That squat is simply not high, it isn't even a close call.

So the squat had to be redlighted on the balancing, which makes sense. He didn't stand still until getting a back signal.

I have to agree...

the squat looked deep, he just didn't lockout with control.

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 06:37:54 AM »
look how fast that bench press went up! HOLY FUCK!  :o

ARTI

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 12:24:45 PM »
Alright, My apoligies to Hedgehog and Bodvar.

I watched the clip again. Both side judges do raise their yellow cards indicating a step was taken. But I just talked with one of the side judges and he said if Siders hadn't stepped on the lockout he still would've red-lighted him for depth. So we're both correct. He cut that squat.
SlackJaw Fagets

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 01:34:12 PM »
Alright, My apoligies to Hedgehog and Bodvar.

I watched the clip again. Both side judges do raise their yellow cards indicating a step was taken. But I just talked with one of the side judges and he said if Siders hadn't stepped on the lockout he still would've red-lighted him for depth. So we're both correct. He cut that squat.

This goes to show how strict USAPL is...

Most feds would not have questioned his depth.

A guy that big getting any deeper than that isn't easy to come by. he's one hell of a lifter.

8)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 09:20:53 PM »
This goes to show how strict USAPL is...

Most feds would not have questioned his depth.

A guy that big getting any deeper than that isn't easy to come by. he's one hell of a lifter.

8)

I think it's great to see that no lifts are given away of course.

But there needs to be a fair balance, and it worries me a bit that this judge would've redlighted that on depth, because it doesn't even looks like a close call to me.

There is a new president of the IPF, the USAPL international affiliate, and he seems like a reasonable dude. Seems like one of his main goals is to make the sport of powerlifting easier to understand for by-standers.

One of the most important issues that needs to be re-iterated at both global, national as well as local judge qualification, is that a judge should only red light a lift if he/she is certain that there is an error.

Right now, we have a guy in our area who is absolutely crazy about redlighting for anything he "thinks" is a belly lift.

However, he is the only bad judge in our area right now, thankfully.

Just a little rant on how important it is to have firm directives from the federation on how to interpret the rulebook.

This clown obviously have no idea.
As empty as paradise

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 07:59:11 AM »
Good points Hedge and i agree.

I thought his depth was more than deep enough.

8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 08:26:38 AM »
Good points Hedge and i agree.

I thought his depth was more than deep enough.

8)

I was fixing to say..if that doesn't count as deep enough I fucking quit

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 05:25:52 PM »

that's ridiculous, that squat was just fine.

TopTraining

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 05:21:37 AM »

-Art

Did he get redlighted for lifting his head by the main judge, in the benchpress?
And that benchpress looked so easy.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 05:39:50 AM »

-Art

Quick note:

4th attempts have been removed from IPF/USAPL. Instead, you can use the record lift in the powerlifting total (earlier, a one kilo increase wouldn't have counted in your total).
As empty as paradise

ARTI

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 07:41:22 AM »
Good to know. Why do they keep changing their rules?

1. They changed the head rule for the bench, then changed it back to must stay in contact.

2. They changed the foot rule in the bench from no movement to allowing "some" movement (half foot forward, half foot side to side)
Then back to NO movement.

3. They changed the start / no press command in the bench back to a real PRESS command.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Meanwhile, they still have some very stupid rules:

1. No boots allowed to Squat. WHY?
2. Must wear a T-shirt to Squat and Bench (raw). That T-shirt must have sleeves, must not have writing on it (unless sponsered),
    no pockets, no v-neck.
    So, You can't wear a sleeveless shirt to Deadlift but, you can wear no shirt at all. (I've been called on this, on the platform when I 
    was about to pull. SO GAY!)
3. I understand rules against things that make the lift easier but, what about all the rules for things that make the lift harder for the
lifter, such as:
    If a lifter kicks out his foot in the bench. This makes the bench much harder to complete. Why have a rule against it?
    If the bar goes back down then up again and the lift is completed. The lifter did 1-1/2 reps with weight and it's not passed.
    Un-even extension. Who cares? If one arm locks then the other arm locks he made the lift, didn't he? There's no advantage to the
    lifter. It's not like a hitch.

SlackJaw Fagets

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 12:55:24 AM »
Good to know. Why do they keep changing their rules?

1. They changed the head rule for the bench, then changed it back to must stay in contact.

2. They changed the foot rule in the bench from no movement to allowing "some" movement (half foot forward, half foot side to side)
Then back to NO movement.

3. They changed the start / no press command in the bench back to a real PRESS command.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Meanwhile, they still have some very stupid rules:

1. No boots allowed to Squat. WHY?
2. Must wear a T-shirt to Squat and Bench (raw). That T-shirt must have sleeves, must not have writing on it (unless sponsered),
    no pockets, no v-neck.
    So, You can't wear a sleeveless shirt to Deadlift but, you can wear no shirt at all. (I've been called on this, on the platform when I 
    was about to pull. SO GAY!)
3. I understand rules against things that make the lift easier but, what about all the rules for things that make the lift harder for the
lifter, such as:
    If a lifter kicks out his foot in the bench. This makes the bench much harder to complete. Why have a rule against it?
    If the bar goes back down then up again and the lift is completed. The lifter did 1-1/2 reps with weight and it's not passed.
    Un-even extension. Who cares? If one arm locks then the other arm locks he made the lift, didn't he? There's no advantage to the
    lifter. It's not like a hitch.

The most stupid rules are the thing with uneven lockout, and the rules against lowering the bar in the squat and the benchpress.

Nothing of these things make the lift easier.

Hitching in deadlift makes it easier, so I can understand that. But the two other lifts, no. And uneven lockout in benchpress? That won't make the lift easier.

They've at least started to allow uneven press, and a slight uneven lockout. But the whole thing is just ridiculous.

Hopefully, we can clean up the rules even further.

As empty as paradise