Author Topic: More class from the Chargers  (Read 5291 times)

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: More class from the Chargers
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 05:42:54 PM »
he never has been

we need to get fouts out of retirement !

body88

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 05:53:13 AM »
A Patriots fan talking about class?  Oh brother....on to the next topic.

The pats players are no more or less "classy" then any other team in the NFL. That was not the point of the post anyway. No one is saying the pats have more class then other teams.

The point was the chargers ( LT especially) are always chirping about class. Yet several chargers players are always talking trash and acting like kids. Fact is LT is one of the biggest crybabies in the sport. He has thrown his qb under the bus multiple times and thrown several hissy fits on the sidelines guys like TO get crucified for. People then make excuses for the guy's behavior and claim its ebcause he is not winning. Most recent incident being when LT got up with a look of disgust on his face and walked away when his struggling qb sat down next to him. Rivers is just as bad. Yelling at his own fans , taunting people, talking trash in the media about other players. Then stinking up the joint on the field.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 06:54:19 AM »
Has anything been said about Wilfork's finger poke ?  That guy been in hot water several times before hasn't he?

body88

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 07:05:47 AM »
Has anything been said about Wilfork's finger poke ?  That guy been in hot water several times before hasn't he?

Not that I know off. He has been fined one time in his career that I know off. There is a debate over the poke. Some say it was a poke, others are saying that he was trying to point in Jacobs face as to say cut it out. Since no one was hurt I doubt he gets fined. I don't really know.

There was also some complaints of Toomers cut blocking directly at pats players knees as if he was trying to injure them. All in all a very chippy game on either side of the ball.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 07:15:05 AM »
Not that I know off. He has been fined one time in his career that I know off. There is a debate over the poke. Some say it was a poke, others are saying that he was trying to point in Jacobs face as to say cut it out. Since no one was hurt I doubt he gets fined. I don't really know.

There was also some complaints of Toomers cut blocking directly at pats players knees as if he was trying to injure them. All in all a very chippy game on either side of the ball.

I don't think he was trying to get his eye. I think he was just poking at his face in general while they were arguing. I would like to know what Toomer did on the sidelines on that kick return...couldn't see it in the replay but he obviously did some kind of cheap shot to the guy. Those guys were all fired up from the get go.I saw several minor scuffles after plays that didn't lead to anything.

That was a fun game to watch.

body88

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2007, 07:17:58 AM »
   I don't think he was trying to get his eye. I think he was just poking at his face in general while they were arguing. I would like to know what Toomer did on the sidelines on that kick return...couldn't see it in the replay but he obviously did some kind of cheap shot to the guy. Those guys were all fired up from the get go.I saw several minor scuffles after plays that didn't lead to anything.

That was a fun game to watch.

Yea I agree. Wilfork was trying to poke at his mask as if to tell him to quit whatever they where "beefing" about.

Honestly I have no idea what Toomer did on the sideline. Both teams where flagged. I thought it was a great game. Hats of to the g men they played great.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2007, 12:55:15 PM »

watch the replay and you'll see his finger actually enters the opposing players face mask, such a classless act. surely if someone like LT did that he'd be crucified.

body88

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2007, 02:00:50 PM »

watch the replay and you'll see his finger actually enters the opposing players face mask, such a classless act. surely if someone like LT did that he'd be crucified.

How do you figure? Lt has excuses made for his bad behavior all the time. Why are you twisting this thread into something it is not? No one is saying whay Wilfork did was classy. No one crucifies LT EVER.

The patriots are criticized far to much for everything they do. Surly you are not suggesting the media favors them? They have been public enemy number one all year in print. People hate them because success breeds jelousy.

I can show you about 15 examples off the top of my head in which they are unfairly chastised over things players/teams do every single day. Can you do the same for the chargers?

Seems to me you lurk with the motive to cherry pick threads to fit youre argument. Wilfork has been being called out over the finger poke. Quit passionately actually.

Still have not seen a single mediot say anything about LT or Rivers rampent TO like outburst multiple times this year.

My point is that certain players have excuses made for there every move , while others are ripped to no end for the same crap.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2007, 05:48:20 PM »
The patriots are criticized far to much for everything they do. Surly you are not suggesting the media favors them? They have been public enemy number one all year in print. People hate them because success breeds jelousy.

Still have not seen a single mediot say anything about LT or Rivers rampent TO like outburst multiple times this year.

My point is that certain players have excuses made for there every move , while others are ripped to no end for the same crap.

easy Bod, just pointing out that the finger in the eye was a classless act.
funny how i point out the finger poke and your next comment is referring to media favoritism, interesting.
i mean its common knowledge that the media and the NFL favor Rivers, LT and the Chargers,its a huge conspiracy obviously.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 08:06:53 PM »
Could be the guy poked wilfork's eye and what we saw was wilfork giving him a little back...That would be my guess... Wilfork is not a dirty player...Even when he got fined for hitting the qb at knee level, anyone with a brain could see that it wasn't on purpose..

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 08:43:59 PM »
Could be the guy poked wilfork's eye and what we saw was wilfork giving him a little back...That would be my guess... Wilfork is not a dirty player...Even when he got fined for hitting the qb at knee level, anyone with a brain could see that it wasn't on purpose..

He was also fined for a late hit in the game against Dallas.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 08:49:03 PM »
He was also fined for a late hit in the game against Dallas.

yes he was but it could have went either way...The more i watched that hit, i agree that he probably should have been fined...But certainly wasn't a shot that i said WOW what a douche bag...He was already fallen and just playing it out and couldn't really stop his motion...But he did add alittle more then needed at the end of the hit

body88

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2008, 02:48:58 PM »
easy Bod, just pointing out that the finger in the eye was a classless act.
funny how i point out the finger poke and your next comment is referring to media favoritism, interesting.
i mean its common knowledge that the media and the NFL favor Rivers, LT and the Chargers,its a huge conspiracy obviously.

Actually I said no one was saying what Wilfork did was classy.  I went further and talked about the heat he was taking for what he did. The media does favor LT while they blast other players for the same crap. Thats true and I can prove it with examples. Again lets compare examples. Would you like me to show proof of my claim?

You then continue to cherry pick my post's. The point of my post is the classy chargers are some of the most unclassy guys on the field. If they didn't whine and moan about class all the time I would not have called them out. You then talk sarcastically about a conspiracy. I gave you exact examples of situation's where what I allaged occurred and you seem to be insinuating I am a conspiracy nut.

Here is a direct quote from Wilforks website on the issue

Q: In the December 29'th game I noticed you seemed to stick your fingers at least toward, and possibly into the opening of a Giants players face mask. Thing like that, are they a heat of the moment thing, and if so, if accidental do you later apologize or is their a animosity between two players in other, subsequent games?
Anthony Story - Plymouth, Indiana
A: thank you for talking the time to word your question that way. I have received a number of questions about it that just assume I was trying to poke him in the eye. It was nothing more than them doing trash talking and in the heat of the moment I pointed my finger in his face. I did not make contact with his eye or anything like that. After that it was over, on the field emotions are high there were several bumps amongst players and trash talking the whole game. It was one of the biggest games of the season and we all had a lot of emotion in the game. When things like that happen it is all heat of the moment and once the moment is gone it is over. There are no hard feelings and I really think the commentators did a great job of blowing it up. When the game was over we all said our byes and that was that.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 11:30:48 AM »
I know what you are saying... But the chargers are the same team who melted down all over the place and screamed about class when they got taunted last year.

Imo the chargers are the biggest talkers in the NFL , then cry like little bitches when they lose or have the same done to them.

Actually, discussions like this always lead me to the Cowboys.  I remember when Terrell Owens was playing for the 49ers and he ran to the star at midfield to celebrate - twice.  The Cowboys got all mad.  But this team, in my opinion, invented taunting.  For crying out loud, there is a rule named after Emmett Smith, who would take off his helmet to talk smack.  But taunt the Cowboys and their feelings get hurt.

I also agree with what someone else said about running up the score.  In the NFL, the only way to keep a team from running up the score is to play better football. 

I have spoken.
~

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2008, 11:42:18 AM »

Actually, discussions like this always lead me to the Cowboys.  I remember when Terrell Owens was playing for the 49ers and he ran to the star at midfield to celebrate - twice.  The Cowboys got all mad.  But this team, in my opinion, invented taunting.  For crying out loud, there is a rule named after Emmett Smith, who would take off his helmet to talk smack.  But taunt the Cowboys and their feelings get hurt.

I also agree with what someone else said about running up the score.  In the NFL, the only way to keep a team from running up the score is to play better football. 

I have spoken.

dam rights if they is handing off to a running back to make the score 45 - 7 then you hit that fuck so hard that he is skerred to come through agian quaterback throwing for his 4th td on the day you drive him into the ground 300 % harder you beat them up

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2008, 04:10:58 PM »
dam rights if they is handing off to a running back to make the score 45 - 7 then you hit that fuck so hard that he is skerred to come through agian quaterback throwing for his 4th td on the day you drive him into the ground 300 % harder you beat them up

teh Rudeness is in a very violent mood today. :-\

body88

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2008, 05:31:29 PM »

Good plan , but most of the time the team getting there ass kicked are the ones getting tossed around like little bitches.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2008, 07:23:02 PM »
Good plan , but most of the time the team getting there ass kicked are the ones getting tossed around like little bitches.
agreed body but how long do you alow yourself to get bitch slapped there has to be a point an time were you say nah we aint goin out like that they may score another 21 but they is gonna hurt for a month

body88

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2008, 12:26:58 AM »
agreed body but how long do you alow yourself to get bitch slapped there has to be a point an time were you say nah we aint goin out like that they may score another 21 but they is gonna hurt for a month

I know what you are saying. Its a good question.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2008, 02:05:52 AM »

I have spoken.

For sure...Anyone crying about teams running up the score have to realise that these men playing get paid more money based on there stats...If i'm a guy at the end of my contract, the last thing i want someone to tell me is take it easy or lets shut it down...Fck that...Lets pad our stats...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2008, 02:24:14 AM »
For sure...Anyone crying about teams running up the score have to realise that these men playing get paid more money based on there stats...If i'm a guy at the end of my contract, the last thing i want someone to tell me is take it easy or lets shut it down...Fck that...Lets pad our stats...

completely agree.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2008, 02:54:54 PM »

This is the difference between now and back in the day. If you tried running a score up against the Raiders, Steelers or Packers back in the day your QB would have been put in the hospital off a cheap shot. That is how the NFL worked back then. These nancy-boys today are all buddy buddy and have no pride when it comes to winning and losing.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2008, 12:01:58 AM »
This is the difference between now and back in the day. If you tried running a score up against the Raiders, Steelers or Packers back in the day your QB would have been put in the hospital off a cheap shot. That is how the NFL worked back then. These nancy-boys today are all buddy buddy and have no pride when it comes to winning and losing.

Yes thats true...But its a business first and then a game...They have to try to the keep the stars on the field or there product suffers...Also the weight and the speed of the players is borderline ubsurd in todays game...Everyone is getting bigger and faster...

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2008, 06:56:29 AM »
Anyone else notice Rivers start to point to the Titans bench after he threw a TD pass ::)

body88

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2008, 08:06:16 AM »
Anyone else notice Rivers start to point to the Titans bench after he threw a TD pass ::)

That my point with thread. The self proclaimed classiest team in the NFL is by far the biggest pack of trash talking crybabies in the NFL. Rivers is always the first to cry to an official or flop on a play to try to get the call. I dont know how many times I have seen him pull a oscer worthy performance when a defender comes within 3 feet of him after the play is about over.

I hope Rivers is ready for the post game press conference next week. The colts are going to beat the bag out of the chargers.