Author Topic: Gary Strydom And His "Super Matebolism"  (Read 6922 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: Gary Strydom And His "Super Matebolism"
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 09:50:54 PM »
Well, to be fair many of them are.

The pros are without doubt the most insecure, over-compensators of the lot.

I have noticed that a common line of their attack is to call everyone gay. They are the ones stuffed into a G-string, oiled up and being whistled. The gays are the hand that feeds them the illicit drugs they crave..they should show some gratitude towards the pink dollar and gays that feed them their 8 meals a day and fund their drug habit.
O

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 10:02:22 PM »
Well, to be fair many of them are.

That is true...

A friend of mine said that anyone driven to the supper echelon of any sport is in some way secure.  That is, I suppose the most extreme of sports.  Before I go on, let me be clear that I'm using using the word SPORT to relate bodybuilding to this context, as I don't feel it is a sport.  In any case, I think that is more true of bodybuilding than other sports because bodybuilders wear their extreme training on them everywhere in life.

I hate to say it, but DF was right - I am a lot more confident at 200 pounds than I am at say 170 pounds.  I imagine I would be more confident still at 220 than I would be at 200.  Much more than that and I would probably feel as if everyone is staring at me and kind of feel awkward.  I hate to concede DF's point on that since I really thought he was wrong.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2008, 06:07:52 AM »
Just for the record,I did say that Gerry Blais arms looked friggin` ridiculous in a thread on Mayhem..............no problem,I still think they look ridiculous.

Now,here`s where the "incident" occurd..........in a completely seperate thread about the then upcoming NPC New England bodybuilding contest,where lots of members who would be attending or competing in the show themselves, was hijacked with tons of negative comments about Gerrys arms,I then simply asked that the thread be kept positive.

The poster who bitched the most could have simply started a seperate thread if his life revolved around critiquing Gerrys arms,and I wouldn`t have given a shit at all.

The bottom line was that he was hijacking an otherwise positive multi page thread and ruining the thread with his comments...........I mean this guy would not stop.

It`s called being a moderator............... it was my own judgement call and to my knowledge the thread never got deleted.

These days,I would more than likely just let the thread go,negativity and all,but back then,I was only doing what I felt I should do as a moderator at that time.

I have met Gerry on several occasions, and he is a real good guy.........still don`t like the look of his arms personally,but I don`t lose much sleep over it as he is the one who has to live with it,not me.

Damn,I feel like I`m in court!!  :)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2008, 06:43:52 AM »

perhaps mr. strydom should have considered not riding the bike instead given his hyper-fast metabolism and ultra potent drug stack

No shit, how stupid riding the bike and eating makes no sense whatsoever.  Maybe he was a coke head and just could not stop moving or so OCD that he always HAD to be doing something for his contest prep.

The guy looked good though but maybe could have been better  :-\

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2008, 10:21:27 AM »
No shit, how stupid riding the bike and eating makes no sense whatsoever.  Maybe he was a coke head and just could not stop moving or so OCD that he always HAD to be doing something for his contest prep.

The guy looked good though but maybe could have been better  :-\

he may have been on coke. i'd say it's a pretty good bet he was on some type of stimulant, but high calorie low fat diets were the shit back in the L8 80's -...i think most of the pros were getting into massive amounts of cardio back then. theory was that if you kept the calories high and did more cardio you'd burn less muscle pre-contest. i don't buy it personally, at least not for a natural bber.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 10:28:21 AM »
they should show some gratitude towards the pink dollar and gays that feed them their 8 meals a day and fund their drug habit.

X

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »
That is true of most people, but for some reason I believed it when Massive said it. 
Take a look at this thread  :D
http://www.chadnicholls.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51748

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2008, 01:11:30 PM »
Fixed it for you.

LOL!!  Thanks.

Now,here`s where the "incident" occurd..........in a completely seperate thread about the then upcoming NPC New England bodybuilding contest,where lots of members who would be attending or competing in the show themselves, was hijacked with tons of negative comments about Gerrys arms,I then simply asked that the thread be kept positive.

Not exactly.  I came on and simply made a comment like "the synthol in his arms really degrades an otherwise quality physique" or something along those lines, and you deleted my comment and threatened to ban me.  There is nothing unreasonable about a comment like that.  I used to post under the user name "lucerne" to keep things real, but when I realized how impossible that was on mayhem, I left the board.
Bodybuilding Pro.com