Author Topic: MisterMagoo's 225 deadlift for reps: 2ND EDITION  (Read 9247 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: MisterMagoo's 225 deadlift for reps: 2ND EDITION
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2007, 08:37:47 AM »
Epic being stronger than most of this forum.

Damn...
say what ? ?  I thought u cannot rest on the floor...that's jus not a continuous set...that more like 1 plus one plus...whateve. u can do 10...put it back down.....sit down...pick it up ...10 more...etc...I thought u cannot lay it on the floor.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2007, 08:42:23 AM »
say what ? ?  I thought u cannot rest on the floor...that's jus not a continuous set...that more like 1 plus one plus...whateve. u can do 10...put it back down.....sit down...pick it up ...10 more...etc...I thought u cannot lay it on the floor.
Epic dyslexia or monster retardation...take your pick.
BigNationRadio.com

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2007, 08:44:40 AM »

I'd say monster retardation.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2007, 08:48:06 AM »
sorry jonny Cochrin...not everyone is as bright as your self  ::) ... I heard your show got huge...I tried clicking on the link to listen but I got a busy signal...the announcement was that there are too many peeps from all over the world trying to tune in....and another thing : THE GOVERNMENT IS COMPLAINING THAT U JAM THE LANDLINES WITH YOUR HUGE AUDIENCE CAUSE THEY ALL TRY CALLING IN....did u go public yet ?  :D

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2007, 08:51:29 AM »
sorry jonny Cochrin...not everyone is as bright as your self  ::) ... I heard your show got huge...I tried clicking on the link to listen but I got a busy signal...the announcement was that there are too many peeps from all over the world trying to tune in....and another thing : THE GOVERNMENT IS COMPLAINING THAT U JAM THE LANDLINES WITH YOUR HUGE AUDIENCE CAUSE THEY ALL TRY CALLING IN....did u go public yet ?  :D
Hahahaha...after waiting on line every week for your bread, cheese and milk, you should be accustomed to waiting.

And FYI, it's Johnny Cockring.

BigNationRadio.com

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2007, 08:51:42 AM »
50. i have a thing about getting round numbers. if i'd done one more rep i'd have obligated myself to hitting 55 or 60. damn OCD.

Any time cowboy, my saddle's ready..

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2007, 08:54:41 AM »
if you say we can touch the ground before the next rep with EACH rep...then if we rest a few seconds with it on the ground...how can you call it a break vs calling it getting prep'd for another rep?  ??? HAHA playing the gray area on this one!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2007, 08:57:45 AM »
if you say we can touch the ground before the next rep with EACH rep...then if we rest a few seconds with it on the ground...how can you call it a break vs calling it getting prep'd for another rep?  ??? HAHA playing the gray area on this one!

haha, yes.  I say that you can even take a shitter break as needed. 

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2007, 10:31:30 AM »

in case you're wondering why you don't seem to get any respect no matter how many videos and pictures of yourself you post, here's a hint: try not being a total cockbag to everyone. might come in handy.  ::)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2007, 03:47:09 PM »
bump for magoo being the man.. haha..

I tried this today (got a video) and tried to see how many I could get in a minute with wessel's rules for strongman comps just for kicks..and I got 40. So I'm going ot try and find a pace that'll get me through at least TWO minutes worth of deads.

Also got a vid of good mornings with 315 for a set of 10!  ;D  I'll be trying to post those up for sure tomorrow night! 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2007, 03:53:32 PM »
good stuff magoo, I agree resting on the floor doesn't make it 'easier'. I'd drop dead of a heart explosion.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2007, 03:54:41 PM »
good work, man. i'm tellin' you, once you cross the minute barrier it's a whole different ballgame. even with the extra rest. i got 30 in a minute that first go, and i'm not sure i could have even added another 10 if i waited a 2nd minute. but apparently i should try.

this has been a great little variation after spending too many weeks doing nothing but heavy singles.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2007, 03:55:42 PM »

I tried this today (got a video) and tried to see how many I could get in a minute with wessel's rules for strongman comps just for kicks..and I got 40. So I'm going ot try and find a pace that'll get me through at least TWO minutes worth of deads.

Also got a vid of good mornings with 315 for a set of 10!  ;D  I'll be trying to post those up for sure tomorrow night! 

You only do 1/4 reps though.
E

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2007, 03:56:23 PM »

Cant wait to see it!

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2007, 04:03:48 PM »
You only do 1/4 reps though.

Where is the video?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2007, 04:04:13 PM »
i might give this a go.

also how do u know if zach touched teh ground with every rep. u cant see th ebotytom of teh plates.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2007, 04:08:55 PM »
i might give this a go.

also how do u know if zach touched teh ground with every rep. u cant see th ebotytom of teh plates.

Yep, same here - I've no idea what I could get but I'll be very disappointed if I don't get at least 20. I think I'll have a practice go at it first and then video it a week later.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2007, 04:18:43 PM »
i might give this a go.

man, i'm really getting nickel and dimed here. i suppose you'll have to take my word for it.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2007, 04:51:16 PM »
Yep, same here - I've no idea what I could get but I'll be very disappointed if I don't get at least 20. I think I'll have a practice go at it first and then video it a week later.
Take a vid doing 315 military presses while you're at it ;D

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2007, 04:55:40 PM »
Take a vid doing 315 military presses while you're at it ;D

LOL
Here comes the money shot

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2007, 09:09:49 PM »
man, i'm really getting nickel and dimed here. i suppose you'll have to take my word for it.

yeah what's up with that? he did the lift and rep'd 222 on the deadlift within the time limit. NExt thing you knwo the rules of this shit are going to be a page long... I'm doing it the way you did for kicks next friday with a game plan.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2007, 09:24:33 PM »
Zach I've just gotta commend you on your overall good character here on Getbig; you are an asset to this board and a very appreciable combination of board legend and real world beast.   

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2007, 09:32:42 PM »
Zach I've just gotta commend you on your overall good character here on Getbig; you are an asset to this board and a very appreciable combination of board legend and real world beast.   

Speaking of which, I would like to put these rumours about Zach being gay or bi to rest.

I'll give you a little bit of history: Tom Prince was getting a lot of flak on musclemayhem years ago for being homosexual after his COLT pictures were shown on the board.  With that, Zach chimed in and announced himself as being bisexual in order to get the heat off Tom and put it on him.  He knew he had enough credibility on the boards to bail Tom out in that instance.

So please stop calling him Mr. Man Goo and shit.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2007, 09:33:51 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAH Mr. Man Goo LOL!!!!!!!!!

you gotta have a good sense of humor about this  ;D
follow the arrows

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2007, 09:34:38 PM »
Speaking of which, I would like to put these rumours about Zach being gay or bi to rest.

I'll give you a little bit of history: Tom Prince was getting a lot of flak on musclemayhem years ago for being homosexual after his COLT pictures were shown on the board.  With that, Zach chimed in and announced himself as being bisexual in order to get the heat off Tom and put it on him.  He knew he had enough credibility on the boards to bail Tom out in that instance.

So please stop calling him Mr. Man Goo and shit.

You are as clueless as you are gay.