Author Topic: CARDIO ONLY or WEIGHTS ALSO with losing fat?  (Read 10921 times)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
Re: CARDIO ONLY or WEIGHTS ALSO with losing fat?
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 04:32:55 PM »
Cut calories and just continue to lift.. It's not rocket science.  ::)

ECA can help also.

why cut the carbs..I try to eat a moderate diet. I try to minimize the carbs but I won't go out of my way to eliminate it.

30/30/30 split works for me..I am never going onstage so no need to cut the carbs low

keep the calories somewhat low, mix in cardio and eca with your weight training and you should be ok.

don't over complicate it..hell, tonight I am going to drink baileys and eat a chicken Roti for dinner

Camel..I don't know why people try to over complicate things

eat less, lift weights, mix in cardio
Here comes the money shot

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 04:33:28 PM »
he did trim down a lot though

Yeah, but do you really want to be miserable eating chicken all day? There has to be a more efficient way.
X

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2007, 04:34:16 PM »
Sorry, way too much chicken. Why can't he eat fish or ground turkey to lose weight as well? Why only chicken, chicken and more chicken???

because candidate is a 19y/o skinny fat kid..that doesn't know shit about the human body

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2007, 04:35:04 PM »
Yeah, but do you really want to be miserable eating chicken all day? There has to be a more efficient way.

yes there is....eat normal but eat less...lift weight, mix in cardio

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 04:35:28 PM »
because candidate is a 19y/o skinny fat kid..that doesn't know shit about the human body

Alright, that pretty much answers my question :)

to medford: I see no reason why you can't include fish in your diet or ground turkey. I mean, everything in moderation.
X

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 04:35:36 PM »
yeah mix it up.  isn't salmon very healthy?
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 04:36:51 PM »

I mean do not take my advice as gold, but I am pretty sure a lot of the different types of fish is healthy for you. A lot of protein and not high in carbs. Salmon is healthy for you.
X

AVBG

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »
This is actually some solid advice.  But who could stick to it?

exactly and without knowing his level of commitment the person may be better served by only cutting his cals by 500 per day.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 04:38:34 PM »
Sorry, way too much chicken. Why can't he eat fish or ground turkey to lose weight as well? Why only chicken, chicken and more chicken???

Yes, you can eat other protein options...

Keep it simple people

1.) Weights and Cardio will burn more fat, keep you metabolism elevated longer and as you build muscle, you become much more efficient at utilizing calories.

2.) High Protein, tons of fibrous carbs (don't all have to be broccoli), moderate fats from sources high in EFA's.

3.) Rest and repeat next day!  ;)

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2007, 04:39:02 PM »

for breakfast I had the McDonalds 2 sausage McMuffin sandwichs for $3..but I am still under daily caloric limit

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2007, 04:39:46 PM »
In order for a natural trying to lose as much bf as possible, what is the best routine? Say given 2 months time to follow it. As for a diet....???? "BB type diet", low carb, what?  Your opinions

You don't read Muscle & Fitness?  :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2007, 04:40:18 PM »
for breakfast I had the McDonalds 2 sausage McMuffin sandwichs for $3..but I am still under daily caloric limit

Try the bacon, egg and cheeseMcGriddle. Its awesome!
X

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2007, 04:40:36 PM »
25 mg of brokaid in the morning with a double espresso, 3 aspirin. Keep drinking like diet soda throughout the day and don't go out of your way cutting carbs as though you're some pro trying to shed water. Calories is the most important thing to worry about when shedding weight. Of course eat protein and stuff, but you can also be liberal with your diet.

Notice that a lot of people who don't advocate extremes like candizzle seems to have decent physiques too.. Remember that you're an average joe and will probably never step on stage, or will use extreme amounts of ass.

The only advice I'd recommend taking from candizzle is taking up a cocaine habit. Cocaine supresses hunger, as does ephedrine, so maybe you can add another stimulant component to the ECA stack at the risk of your heart.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2007, 04:40:43 PM »

I know Candi's diet is extreme with chicken and broccoli all day, but I do know some competitors that eat salmon and broccli SIX TIMES A DAY when they diet for a show. TRUE STORY!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2007, 04:42:04 PM »
I know Candi's diet is extreme with chicken and broccoli all day, but I do know some competitors that eat salmon and broccli SIX TIMES A DAY when they diet for a show. TRUE STORY!

I wouldnt doubt some competitors do it, but they are also stepping on stage and have to have that level of commitment. Medford is probably just an ordinary guy who just wants to lose weight. We don't want him to go crazy in the process eating chicken all day  ;D
X

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2007, 04:43:17 PM »
Yes, you can eat other protein options...

Keep it simple people

1.) Weights and Cardio will burn more fat, keep you metabolism elevated longer and as you build muscle, you become much more efficient at utilizing calories.

2.) High Protein, tons of fibrous carbs (don't all have to be broccoli), moderate fats from sources high in EFA's.

3.) Rest and repeat next day!  ;)

exactly, it's not nuclear physics.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2007, 04:43:33 PM »

the new McSkillet burrito
X

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2007, 04:44:16 PM »
I wouldnt doubt some competitors do it, but they are also stepping on stage and have to have that level of commitment. Medford is probably just an ordinary guy who just wants to lose weight. We don't want him to go crazy in the process eating chicken all day  ;D

Um, Medford is a woman.  :-\

I don't expect HER to eat that way, and I would not suggest any bodbuilder to do it either. It's stupid and pointless. I like to mix up my sources of protein, carbs and fats so I do not get too bored during contest prep. Same goes for the average Joe.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2007, 04:44:27 PM »

that is ok for competitors but for an average guy looking to drop some weight for the summer that is not sustainable

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2007, 04:45:32 PM »
My friend used to eat chicken and rice with vinegar or hot sause getting ready for shows.  She said salmon is also healthy. 

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2007, 04:46:42 PM »
Um, Medford is a woman.  :-\

I don't expect HER to eat that way, and I would not suggest any bodbuilder to do it either. It's stupid and pointless. I like to mix up my sources of protein, carbs and fats so I do not get too bored during contest prep. Same goes for the average Joe.

Oh crap, well as you see, I am somewhat new to this board so I assumed it was a male. I guess since it was a bodybuilding board, I automatically assumed male. Damn, I am such a sexist pig :(
X

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2007, 04:46:58 PM »
25 mg of brokaid in the morning with a double espresso, 3 aspirin. Keep drinking like diet soda throughout the day and don't go out of your way cutting carbs as though you're some pro trying to shed water. Calories is the most important thing to worry about when shedding weight. Of course eat protein and stuff, but you can also be liberal with your diet.

Notice that a lot of people who don't advocate extremes like candizzle seems to have decent physiques too.. Remember that you're an average joe and will probably never step on stage, or will use extreme amounts of ass.

The only advice I'd recommend taking from candizzle is taking up a cocaine habit. Cocaine supresses hunger, as does ephedrine, so maybe you can add another stimulant component to the ECA stack at the risk of your heart.

the aspirin is debatable for the natties doing ECA..and certainly 3 aspirins is too much at one time for anyone.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2007, 04:47:33 PM »
that is ok for competitors but for an average guy looking to drop some weight for the summer that is not sustainable

Never said it was, posted it to show how extreme and to what stupid levels people go. My point is there is no need to go that extreme!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2007, 04:47:39 PM »

thanks..I will try it first thing in the morning

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2007, 04:48:46 PM »
ECA is awesome!  I found a site that sells it, while you have to show your driver's id to buy claritan  ::)
X