Author Topic: Bob Paris; aesthetic, symetrical, spot on...damn articulate too...  (Read 4721 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Bob Paris; aesthetic, symetrical, spot on...damn articulate too...
« on: September 08, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »
I hate the State.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Re: Bob Paris; aesthetic, symetrical, spot on...damn articulate too...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 06:25:32 AM »
I was a big fan of his build in the 1980s, him and Lee Labrada.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 06:39:03 AM »
I was a big fan of his build in the 1980s, him and Lee Labrada.

Those were the days; lean, v-shaped, aesthetic, no hgh gut...
I hate the State.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 07:55:33 AM »
Paris was physique perfection personified, but, imo, so much so, that it was bland.

Labrada was the best along with Ray and Benfatto in late 80's, early 90's.

Don't get me wrong, Paris was fantastic, but a bit like Cormier, where it doesn't jump out at you, its sort of just there.

Imagine he'd made it big time and mainstream though, that was ideal phsique and spokesperson, not sure about the stereotypes that would have been attached to him though...

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 08:45:06 AM »
Paris and Cormier are textbook examples of balance that lacks something. The hype with Cormier was tremendous; his lack of specialness is obvious when compared to Wheeler or Nubret IMO.

Guys with good balance but more impressive to me would be Bob Birdsong, Nubret & Strydom. Birdsong never gets much credit and is almost forgotten.

Dionysus

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 11:01:42 PM »
Paris and Cormier are textbook examples of balance that lacks something. The hype with Cormier was tremendous; his lack of specialness is obvious when compared to Wheeler or Nubret IMO.

Guys with good balance but more impressive to me would be Bob Birdsong, Nubret & Strydom. Birdsong never gets much credit and is almost forgotten.

Strydom is very impressive...until he turns around. Poor guy could never do anything with his back, but his chest and shoulders were/are mind blowing.

Nubret is just in a league by himself. His physique is amazing.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 08:05:21 PM »
The guy was Steeve Reeves incarnated....I was at the Montreal Grand Prix in 1991...we were waiting in the hotel lobby to check in at front desk when the WHOLE lobby went silent (just like in the commercials  "when EF Hutton talks...".)..i turned around and the whole lobby was starring at bob paris who had just walked in the door....black turtleneck..yard wide shoulders...tiny waist..jeans...curly hair and glasses...the guy looked like Clarke Kent and the whole room gasped....what a human specimen.

Wanocki

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 09:45:47 PM »
The guy was Steeve Reeves incarnated....I was at the Montreal Grand Prix in 1991...we were waiting in the hotel lobby to check in at front desk when the WHOLE lobby went silent (just like in the commercials  "when EF Hutton talks...".)..i turned around and the whole lobby was starring at bob paris who had just walked in the door....black turtleneck..yard wide shoulders...tiny waist..jeans...curly hair and glasses...the guy looked like Clarke Kent and the whole room gasped....what a human specimen.

did they all know who he was or did he just look that good that everybody had to look at him?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 08:30:17 PM »

if that's not an ego boost I don't know what is

E
E

Moosejay

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 05:38:02 AM »
If you read his book "Gorilla Suit" there is a point in which he delves into his relationship with Weider.

Bob was looking great, but Joe strongly continued to make the intimation that he should get "Bigger"...you are led to believe that he would do no  better in his placings unless GH and other crazy, stepped-up pharmaceuticals were used in abuse.

Mike