Author Topic: Go Hawaii  (Read 3415 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Go Hawaii
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 12:52:18 PM »
They need to offer June Jones a contract, and yes the Fresno butt kicking is a good point, even i was surprised about that.
App St. beat Mich and Mich beat Fla. soooo therefore? it doesnt work like that Cartel.

I am officially on the "fire Hermie" bandwagon.   >:(  I can't believe they didn't lock June Jones up before the end of the year.  Letter of intent day is next month!  Now he's being courted by SMU and perhaps Atlanta. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 01:38:23 PM »
I heard on the radio this morning that they are possibly trying to collect enough funds to offer him. apparently the state only pays half of his salary and the rest comes from boosters and other sources.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 02:09:07 PM »
I heard on the radio this morning that they are possibly trying to collect enough funds to offer him. apparently the state only pays half of his salary and the rest comes from boosters and other sources.

True.  UH has only paid half his salary the past five years. 

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 09:28:36 PM »
They need to offer June Jones a contract, and yes the Fresno butt kicking is a good point, even i was surprised about that.
App St. beat Mich and Mich beat Fla. soooo therefore? it doesnt work like that Cartel.

I don't know how I got into this but I was just throwing it back into his face because they have been doing it all year. Everytime someone mentioned the WAC as a soft schedule, Beach or Onlyme or SinCitySmallGuy would throw Boise State beating Oklahoma or some other game at us.

I was being facetious.

body88

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 09:38:51 AM »
I don't know how I got into this but I was just throwing it back into his face because they have been doing it all year. Everytime someone mentioned the WAC as a soft schedule, Beach or Onlyme or SinCitySmallGuy would throw Boise State beating Oklahoma or some other game at us.

I was being facetious.

The bottom line is that the WACS level of competition as a whole is not in the same stratosphere as the top SEC schools. Thats the truth. You can talk about freak wins like the Boise state game all day. Things like that are rare. The reality is that 9 times out of ten a top WAC school would get there asses kicked bya top SEC school. The talent level is just so much better. Schools like LSU get there pick of the top athletes in the nation year after year.

This is not a dig on the wac. It is the truth. I think if UH had played LSU they would have lost by 50. That is not a dig on UH because they have some awesome skill players and also a great qb, but LSU as a whole is so much more talented its almost unfair. Considering what the dogs d did to the UH Offensive line, I think its pretty safe to say Dorsey and co would have ate Brennen for lunch. I have a lot of respect for what Hawaii has done. They face huge challenges year after year. UH will produce some very good NFL players this year. As a whole though , the team is not on the talent level of top SEC schools.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »

I was being facetious.
i understand what your saying, the schedule isnt on par with the SEC for sure. but as the cliche goes.thats why they play the game. the Okla/Boise game was the best game i have ever seen. not including the UH/BYU game (homer call)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 11:18:05 AM »
The bottom line is that the WACS level of competition as a whole is not in the same stratosphere as the top SEC schools. Thats the truth. You can talk about freak wins like the Boise state game all day. Things like that are rare. The reality is that 9 times out of ten a top WAC school would get there asses kicked bya top SEC school. The talent level is just so much better. Schools like LSU get there pick of the top athletes in the nation year after year.

This is not a dig on the wac. It is the truth. I think if UH had played LSU they would have lost by 50. That is not a dig on UH because they have some awesome skill players and also a great qb, but LSU as a whole is so much more talented its almost unfair. Considering what the dogs d did to the UH Offensive line, I think its pretty safe to say Dorsey and co would have ate Brennen for lunch. I have a lot of respect for what Hawaii has done. They face huge challenges year after year. UH will produce some very good NFL players this year. As a whole though , the team is not on the talent level of top SEC schools.
yes, UH is a long way from being in the league with the big boys. and the schedule in other conferences are better. teams in the SEC and such are constant. The facilities and finances are just incomparable.
however if UH had protected Brennan better, the outcome may have been different. the main difference in the game was the Georgia's pressure on Brennan IMO.

body88

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 12:46:09 PM »
yes, UH is a long way from being in the league with the big boys. and the schedule in other conferences are better. teams in the SEC and such are constant. The facilities and finances are just incomparable.
however if UH had protected Brennan better, the outcome may have been different. the main difference in the game was the Georgia's pressure on Brennan IMO.

Thats true , but if you have no offensive line you dont have a football team.THe dogs did score 41 points on the UH defense so unless UH put up 50 I dont think it would have mattered much in the end. Listen I am not knocking UH. What they have accomplished with the resrouces provided to them is impressive. The 2007 UH squad was fun to watch. True football purists love teams like UH. I liked to watch UH when I got the chance.

UH will produce some good NFl players this year. I wish them well.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 03:16:26 PM »
Thats true , but if you have no offensive line you dont have a football team.THe dogs did score 41 points on the UH defense so unless UH put up 50 I dont think it would have mattered much in the end. Listen I am not knocking UH. What they have accomplished with the resrouces provided to them is impressive. The 2007 UH squad was fun to watch. True football purists love teams like UH. I liked to watch UH when I got the chance.

UH will produce some good NFl players this year. I wish them well.

body88

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 03:57:50 PM »

Why where they always on a short field?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »

Why where they always on a short field?

Because of Georgia's front seven, particularly their DEs. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 05:22:43 PM »
Im surprised that there were no adjustments made at halftime, like a max protect, or shorter reads. they did try the screen play a few time to counter the pass rush but that didnt work. there is an article on espn.com about he offer from SMU to June. i didnt know this but i guess SMU's facilities are top notch as well as their budget for recruiting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 05:30:40 PM »
Im surprised that there were no adjustments made at halftime, like a max protect, or shorter reads. they did try the screen play a few time to counter the pass rush but that didnt work. there is an article on espn.com about he offer from SMU to June. i didnt know this but i guess SMU's facilities are top notch as well as their budget for recruiting.

We don't really have max protect.  There is no TE.  All we do is keep the RB in the backfield to block.  We tried the shovel several times, but Pilares dropped them or they were batted down.  Their D-line was in our backfield all night.  When you get pressure with a 3 or 4 man rush and can drop 7 or 8, it's a lot easier to stop our offense. 

SMU has good facilities, but that place is a coaching black hole.  They never recovered from the death penalty.

UH needs to step up and make a commitment to the program if they want to keep JJ.     

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 09:35:52 PM »
What I can't stand is that these teams sit for like a month before they play these bowl games.

It might not affect the running teams but I'm sure it messes up the timing of the pass oriented teams. I think this is another reason why they looked so bad...

and another reason a playoff right after the regular season sounds like a great idea to me

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2008, 09:30:19 AM »
To bad June left for SMU and they fired the Athletic Director Herman Frazier over this.  Now they are looking for two positions.  I think they should hire Cal Lee to head coach the Warriors. He is a local high school coach who coached at St. Louis High School there and had an unreal record over his carrer.  He knows Hawaii and the kids.  But, who knows what will happen.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 10:25:05 AM »
They hired defensive coordinator Greg McMackin.  Good hire.  I think he'll do a great job. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2008, 11:22:04 AM »
i was hoping they would get Norm Chow. Im glad Reinbold left though, he is a good coach and should get paid as such. i dont believe that Miano gets enough credit, he has been at UH longer than anyone even through the VonAppen era. he is truely commited to UH, i hope he gets paid well.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 11:29:43 AM »
Chow got fired by the Titans about a week too late.  Kevin Gilbride was interested too, but the timing was bad, because the Giants are still playing.  We needed someone in place immediately with letter of intent day right around the corner. 

I think they should hire Tomey as AD, like they should have done back when they hired Frazier.