Author Topic: LOL @ anyone who takes life seriously  (Read 15417 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Re: LOL @ anyone who takes life seriously
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2008, 12:13:22 PM »
http://www.sufis.org/

http://www.katinkahesselink.net/sufi/sufi-shah.html

A quote:

Effort, Stretching and Straining
From 'Knowing how to Know' Idries Shah

When people have a hard task to do - one which stretches them - they become less concerned with trivial matters. If you have not registered this yet, observe it in yourself and in others, and you will see that it is true.

When there is an emergency, for example, something which takes up a great deal of attention, triviality is reduced.

In order to enable people to be less trivial, and to tackle things which really help them develop, they should undertake tasks which provide the right kind and degree of stretching.

People who have achieved great things, genuinely effective accomplishments, will be found to have done so through this method: stretching.

When it goes wrong, people apply stress, not stretching. Stress is damaging and does not product constructive results.

Mistaking stretching for straining: labour for exercise, is what causes a great deal of trouble.

When triviality disappears, even temporarily, people are able to work at a higher level. This is true of all kinds of human endeavour: it is to be seen in attainment of all kinds and also even in a social milieu: people who are less trivial are more respected.

Moral: Stretch out of your comfort zone every day by doing something that brings you closer to what you want in life.

Ps: If anybody forgot, this guy knows all the answers:

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2008, 02:26:13 AM »
Carl Edward Sagan
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2008, 04:16:05 AM »

This is just the beginning, there's alot more.......

The discovery of the Ebla archive in northern Syria in the 1970s has shown the Biblical writings concerning the Patriarchs to be viable. Documents written on clay tablets from around 2300 B.C. demonstrate that personal and place names in the Patriarchal accounts are genuine. The name “Canaan” was in use in Ebla, a name critics once said was not used at that time and was used incorrectly in the early chapters of the Bible. The word tehom (“the deep”) in Genesis 1:2 was said to be a late word demonstrating the late writing of the creation story. “Tehom” was part of the vocabulary at Ebla, in use some 800 years before Moses. Ancient customs reflected in the stories of the Patriarchs have also been found in clay tablets from Nuzi and Mari.
The Hittites were once thought to be a Biblical legend, until their capital and records were discovered at Bogazkoy, Turkey.
Many thought the Biblical references to Solomon's wealth were greatly exaggerated. Recovered records from the past show that wealth in antiquity was concentrated with the king and Solomon's prosperity was entirely feasible.
It was once claimed there was no Assyrian king named Sargon as recorded in Isaiah 20:1, because this name was not known in any other record. Then, Sargon's palace was discovered in Khorsabad, Iraq. The very event mentioned in Isaiah 20, his capture of Ashdod, was recorded on the palace walls. What is more, fragments of a stela memorializing the victory were found at Ashdod itself.
Another king who was in doubt was Belshazzar, king of Babylon, named in Daniel 5. The last king of Babylon was Nabonidus according to recorded history. Tablets were found showing that Belshazzar was Nabonidus' son who served as coregent in Babylon. Thus, Belshazzar could offer to make Daniel “third highest ruler in the kingdom” (Dan. 5:16) for reading the handwriting on the wall, the highest available position. Here we see the “eye-witness” nature of the Biblical record, as is so often brought out by the discoveries of archaeology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a very common mistake for humans to make: extrapolating the accuracy of one element (or group of elements) to signify all elements are true as well.

Let's look at this from a child's biblical point of view. Your argument is that because actual places and names are named in biblical texts, all other information given must also be correct. Taking your argument to it's logical conclusion: whenever you read a work of fiction, you believe all events therein truly happened as well...

... if you are consistently following your own argument to its bitter end, that is. After reading Firestarter by Stephen King, you were dreading little girls who could set you on fire by looking at you? I mean: the names used are those of people living today. The places and scenery described do truly exist today. So consequently everything in the book is true, following your argument.

Only the most esotherical of sci-fi has absolutely no relationship with any actual places and names. Therefore you must, if you are truly consistent in your argument, believe virtually all that was ever written.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2008, 06:54:43 AM »
you have to remember that our science is so immature it's silly.  400 years ago, we thought the sun revolved around the Earth.  Imagine what we'll understand about matter and energy and travel in 1000 years.  We've had computers for 60 years and they control a world network.  Give them 600 years, see what they're capable of.

Good point.  I wonder where this whole humanity thing will end up?

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »
What an awesome thread. I talk like I'm sure of my own words sometimes, but I'll be the first to say it: Believe nothing. Explore everything.

~

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2008, 02:30:32 PM »
it is said that some of the rich familys of england (oh whom americans pay there federal income tax too) own original copies of the bible and the classifications of arch angels ect. our copy of the bible is shittt.

back in the revolutionary war we were trying to break from england and there taxes, they have ALWAYS been superior in knowledge and wealth than stupid americans
A

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2008, 02:33:18 PM »
That's a bible I'd actually read!
~

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2008, 02:33:29 PM »
What an awesome thread. I talk like I'm sure of my own words sometimes, but I'll be the first to say it: Believe nothing. Explore everything.

I swear my skin looks like that after 5 bowls and a six pack.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2008, 02:34:03 PM »
A wise man once said "angels fly because they take themselves lightly."
~

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »
it is said that we are told our history via music and movies, in that mythological way, the only way it can be shown in truth , yet the fools can write it off as simply myths and pay it no mind, it was said we HAD to be told the real history, and its told from 'fictional 'movies just gotta know where to look

hollywood-to cast illusions the druids were masters of the tree and contributed to this

but those that are 'aware' catch on to it

A

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »
Yeah, dude. There's lots of shit about movies and symbolism on the net.

~

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2008, 03:06:39 PM »
              Always so, JOYEST...

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2008, 03:14:09 PM »
Jay almost looks genuinely joyful in that pic ;D
~

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »
you will love this it is quite the read

it gives you the whole rundown  on how the world was filled with the pure type of beings until they got influenced by gods from egypt and were taught mathmatics archetecture ect. and how how everything got twisted and turned http://www.sacred-texts.com/pag/motd/motd.htm
A

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2008, 03:38:31 PM »
              Always so, JOYEST...

That's fucking hilarious.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »
Brent says P.U.S.H Pray Until Something Happens ;)
Spirit of Truth

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »
Hahahah yea sss i am johnny falcon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A

Stavios

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2008, 04:33:30 PM »

LMAO you are one crazy motherf*cker  ;D

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2008, 04:44:13 PM »
daddywaddy is dead,!! long live Johnny Falcon!!!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2008, 05:05:08 PM »
me too.

it's funny to think that EVERYTHING in the universe - stars, planets, animals, oceans, all move according to a plan - inborn and enviornmental.  except us.

you cant use the word 'plan' without implying some intelligence, how can there be a 'plan' if there is no creator. The word 'plan' is a human concept. It didnt exist before there were humans, or did it?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2008, 08:43:51 PM »
daddywaddy is dead,!! long live Johnny Falcon!!!

hahah yes daddywaddy burried 2-12-08

today is the mark of the second coming the RESURRECTION OF THE INFINITE ONE!
A

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2008, 08:51:18 PM »

sssssssss back at ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you tell Ron that made him act double-quick and change your name? He usually takes a week to do anything. He must have received word from one of the reptilian overlords.