Author Topic: New Owner of Important Fitness Equipment.  (Read 19340 times)

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
Re: New Owner of Important Fitness Equipment.
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2008, 06:07:53 AM »
Vince what did the landlord give you.  How much TI $'s.  You better at least have free rent during construction and have at least 3 to 6 months free rent after opening.  What is the C.A.M.  Be sure to have the landlords be repsonsible for the A/C and be sure to check the plumbing and make sure the landlords handle that too.  Especially if something happens after opening.  Anything inside the walls or underground make sure they are repsonsible for.  You don't want to move in and find out the pipes are bad and now you have to pay for that and your business is closed during this period.  For that amount of rent something has to be wrong with the property.  How is the roof.  Make sure it doesn't leak.  Are their termites?   Also how is the electrical.  Yo are going to have a lot of electrical equipment, are you setup for that.  That can be a major expense getting that done.  As I see it your partners don't know much about this stuff.  Taking a place located in front of a hospital and saying no to that for a place located nowhere is a sign of "not knowing much".  Get on the ball and take over. 

As far as building inspections are concerned, I'm having a buddy of mine who's an inspector take care of that as I do not know squat about construction or building material.  If I don't know something then I find someone who does.  I'm assuming that the place they chose has some issues as the rent is very low for the space.

This is the first time I've actually considered opening an actual office front and working with other people so its pretty new to me.  My business has essentially been ran with a computer and a warehouse facility.  Its a lot to do which is why I am spending a year planning and putting everything together so the dynamics could change by the time everything is complete

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2008, 06:21:50 AM »
Translation: Dr Goodrum is playing by ear.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2008, 12:54:57 PM »

As far as building inspections are concerned, I'm having a buddy of mine who's an inspector take care of that as I do not know squat about construction or building material.  If I don't know something then I find someone who does.  I'm assuming that the place they chose has some issues as the rent is very low for the space.

This is the first time I've actually considered opening an actual office front and working with other people so its pretty new to me.  My business has essentially been ran with a computer and a warehouse facility.  Its a lot to do which is why I am spending a year planning and putting everything together so the dynamics could change by the time everything is complete

If you have the location you have a lease don't you.  How much money have they given you for buildout (TI= Tenant Improvement).  Usually the landlord or owner will give you a certain amount per sq. foot to help build ot your space.  Did they give you anything.  And you really need to check on the lease and see who is repsonsible for certain items (i.e. roof, plumbing, electrical etc.)  The last thing you are going to want is a building that falls apart in a few months after you open.  My A/C in hawaii cost us an extra $60,000 just 5 months after we took over.  My partner at the time I thought took care of this.  Well he didn't.  If we knew the A/C units were bad enough they were going to go to shit in just 5 or 6 months we would have had the owner put in new units or not take the space.  So you better do you homework or you are going to be on here begging for money like Sean did for Flex.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2008, 01:13:04 PM »
If you are renting premises for a business then make sure the owner pays for the fitout and you pay for that fitout through additional rent. If you pay for your own fitout then you can't claim all those expenses on your taxes right away but take so much off over many years. Talk to an accountant about this. You don't want to borrow money to do a fitout. Much better to pay double the rent over 3 years, for instance. Also, don't take a rent out for more than 3 years. Businesses can go bust and you still have to pay the rent until someone else takes it over.

I wouldn't recommend going into a partnership where one has only 1/3 share. Too easy to be outvoted in important matters. Even 50% is foolish because if you disagree with your partner what do you do?

Seeing that Keith is now on the continent maybe he and Dr Goodrum can open a gym together?  Melvin can get the financing and Keith can provide the know how to run it. This would be a better proposition than a wellness clinic in the backwoods of a First Nation reserve in the hills of North or South Carolina!

joshk

• Getbig I
« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2008, 09:52:42 PM »
If you are renting premises for a business then make sure the owner pays for the fitout and you pay for that fitout through additional rent. If you pay for your own fitout then you can't claim all those expenses on your taxes right away but take so much off over many years. Talk to an accountant about this. You don't want to borrow money to do a fitout. Much better to pay double the rent over 3 years, for instance. Also, don't take a rent out for more than 3 years. Businesses can go bust and you still have to pay the rent until someone else takes it over.

No landlord will give him T.I. dollars nor any rent concession. Office buildout (medical office buildout is more expensive) is anywhere from $25-$40 PSF. 1,000 SF = $40,000. Also, no lender will lend him money to do just T.I. anyway.

However, he can choose to accelerate the depre.

Onlyme seems to know what he is talking about.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2008, 11:03:10 PM »

I wouldn't recommend going into a partnership where one has only 1/3 share. Too easy to be outvoted in important matters. Even 50% is foolish because if you disagree with your partner what do you do?

Seeing that Keith is now on the continent maybe he and Dr Goodrum can open a gym together?  Melvin can get the financing and Keith can provide the know how to run it. This would be a better proposition than a wellness clinic in the backwoods of a First Nation reserve in the hills of North or South Carolina!

I would no way be in business with Goodrum (no offense).  Financing is the easy part for me.  I have budgeted more on my Grand Opening Party ($95,000.00) than Vince will spend putting his whole business together plus 6+ months of business.  I just would never spend time, effort and money on a business in such a remote area.  Also, without putting in due diligence you will never get the proper market research you need to forecast realistic projections.  I just can't see where he gets his numbers from.  He said $500,000 in the first year in gross sales.  How did he come up with that or did it just come from out of the sky. 

Also, taking out a loan for that amount would be hard to justify on a lease only 3 years in length.  You don't have enough time to pay back your loan.  You're looking at monthly payments of around $2,500+ a month, plus rent, plus utilities, plus lease payments, plus payroll, plus insurance, plus medical insurance, plus phone, plus cable & internet, etc.  I don't know but it just doesn't look good.  But who knows other things have happened

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2008, 07:27:44 AM »
I would no way be in business with Goodrum (no offense).  Financing is the easy part for me.  I have budgeted more on my Grand Opening Party ($95,000.00) than Vince will spend putting his whole business together plus 6+ months of business.  I just would never spend time, effort and money on a business in such a remote area.  Also, without putting in due diligence you will never get the proper market research you need to forecast realistic projections.  I just can't see where he gets his numbers from.  He said $500,000 in the first year in gross sales.  How did he come up with that or did it just come from out of the sky. 

Also, taking out a loan for that amount would be hard to justify on a lease only 3 years in length.  You don't have enough time to pay back your loan.  You're looking at monthly payments of around $2,500+ a month, plus rent, plus utilities, plus lease payments, plus payroll, plus insurance, plus medical insurance, plus phone, plus cable & internet, etc.  I don't know but it just doesn't look good.  But who knows other things have happened

First off I don't have to finance, the money would come from a Minority Federal Grant that I can take advantage of.  I would still have to foot some of the expenses but not much and with partners in the business, the loan would be much easier as a incorporated entity.

Also, this is the very first building I've even considered opening.  I've always worked at a gym or traveled to people's houses so excuse my ignorance on not knowing much about building space, plumbing, etc.  Its something I've never worried about until now.  That's why I have gotten some partners together.

The $500,000 a year in revenue is based on similar outfits in surrounding areas.  This area has a much higher number of senior citizens and with proper marketing, I think it will be a great venture and very profitable. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2008, 05:09:18 PM »
Melvin, people are telling you that your location is not suitable for a wellness clinic because you don't have the resources to advertise much. Renting premises because it is cheap is hardly attractive for a wellness center.  How are you going to look professional?

How much money can you borrow from the government? You seem more qualified to open a gym than a wellness center. You wouldn't be so dependent on partners and staff then. Surely there is a demand for a gym owned by someone such as yourself? You could locate in a bigger city and find a middle class area to set up in.

Many, such as Keith, could help you then.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2008, 09:56:32 PM »
Melvin, people are telling you that your location is not suitable for a wellness clinic because you don't have the resources to advertise much. Renting premises because it is cheap is hardly attractive for a wellness center.  How are you going to look professional?

How much money can you borrow from the government? You seem more qualified to open a gym than a wellness center. You wouldn't be so dependent on partners and staff then. Surely there is a demand for a gym owned by someone such as yourself? You could locate in a bigger city and find a middle class area to set up in.

Many, such as Keith, could help you then.

shut up for gods sakes old man, im sure vince is going to take buisness advice from some random chap on the internet. are you delusional or what? he is an idiot, he thinks hes a doctor and will make 500 000 a year in profit.

give it up, let the thread die, do this shit via pm, you sick fucks.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2008, 11:36:58 PM »

First off I don't have to finance, the money would come from a Minority Federal Grant that I can take advantage of.  I would still have to foot some of the expenses but not much and with partners in the business, the loan would be much easier as a incorporated entity.

Also, this is the very first building I've even considered opening.  I've always worked at a gym or traveled to people's houses so excuse my ignorance on not knowing much about building space, plumbing, etc.  Its something I've never worried about until now.  That's why I have gotten some partners together.

The $500,000 a year in revenue is based on similar outfits in surrounding areas.  This area has a much higher number of senior citizens and with proper marketing, I think it will be a great venture and very profitable. 

If your area has a higher percentage of senior citizens, then perhaps you should be investigating the possibility of a C.O.R.E. office.  Also, I would imagine you have applied for your CMS/MEDICARE number by now? 

Oh, and PS...hows the prep going?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2008, 11:42:25 PM »
New Owner of UNIMPORTANT Fitness Equipment.

Fixed.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2008, 02:53:38 AM »
If your area has a higher percentage of senior citizens, then perhaps you should be investigating the possibility of a C.O.R.E. office.  Also, I would imagine you have applied for your CMS/MEDICARE number by now? 

Oh, and PS...hows the prep going?

A funeral home would be a lot better

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2008, 02:59:59 AM »
This is the first time I've actually considered opening an actual office front and working with other people so its pretty new to me.  My business has essentially been ran with a computer and a warehouse facility.

Translation

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2020, 01:40:57 AM »
My new mission is to help others live healthier with more vitality and spirit.  Here's a few of the services we will be offering:

Health Analysis
*Electro-Dermal Screening
*Hair, Blood, and Saliva Testing

Detoxification
    * Nutrition, homeopathy and enzyme therapy
    * ONDAMED®
    * Far Infrared Sauna
    * Detoxing foot bath
    * Aromatherapy, Electro-acupuncture,
    * Stress reduction
Pain management
    * Therapeutic massage
    * SCENAR
    * ONDAMED®
Allergy elimination

* Food and environmental sensitivities
    * Weight management

Sports Performance & Rehab
* Vibration Therapy Trainer
*  EFI Medical Systems PowerTower
*  Electro-Stimulator Machine
*  Infrared Light Therapy for Sports Injuries

Basically, I'm bringing Holistic & Chinese Medicine into the 21st Century and creating a new way of life for people seeking optimum health.  I will have a staff of about 5 people and the facility will be very low maintenence.  The total cost for expenditures will be under 20,000 dollars and my lease payment for the office space per month will only be 300 dollars.

The doctorate is in Metaphysics Science but I'm still continuing my studies at another college for another doctorate.

Bumped so the lads can appreciate that our own Vince G has a PhD and is working on second according to him! ::)

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2020, 01:53:00 AM »
My new mission is to help others live healthier with more vitality and spirit.    ::)Here's a few of the services we will be offering:

Health Analysis
*Electro-Dermal Screening ::)
*Hair, Blood, and Saliva Testing ??? Testing for what exactly?

Detoxification
    * Nutrition, homeopathy and enzyme therapy  ::)
    * ONDAMED® ???
    * Far Infrared Sauna
    * Detoxing foot bath ::) ::)
    * Aromatherapy, Electro-acupuncture,
    * Stress reduction
Pain management
    * Therapeutic massage
    * SCENAR
    * ONDAMED® you mentioned this already
Allergy elimination HOW???

* Food and environmental sensitivities ::)
    * Weight management

Sports Performance & Rehab
* Vibration Therapy Trainer ::)
*  EFI Medical Systems PowerTower
*  Electro-Stimulator Machine
*  Infrared Light Therapy for Sports Injuries ::)

Basically, I'm bringing Holistic & Chinese Medicine into the 21st Century and creating a new way of life for people seeking optimum health.  I will have a staff of about 5 people and the facility will be very low maintenence.  The total cost for expenditures will be under 20,000 dollars and my lease payment for the office space per month will only be 300 dollars.

The doctorate is in Metaphysics Science but I'm still continuing my studies at another college for another doctorate.

You sound like a shyster. No offense.

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2020, 02:01:54 AM »
Doctorate in what? Never heard of metaphysical studies

But a quick search reveals its a useless meaningless piece of paper. I guess is melvin goodrum is aiming to become a pastor it might be relevant

https://metaphysicsuniversity.com/ums-program-overview/metaphysical-degrees-credentials/

^ lol at all of that

"RANDOM AFFIRMATION
I am doing exactly what I need to be doing at this time" <--wtf ???

"Master Degree Titles
From UMS California

Master of Metaphysics, M.M.
Master of Metaphysical Sciences, M.Sc.
Master of Divinity, M.Div.
You must first complete your bachelor’s degree in order to earn your master’s. This curriculum usually takes a minimum of four months to complete. Once you have completed the master’s level written and audio lessons, and passed the Master’s Culminating Project, you are eligible to receive this degree. This diploma leads to creating a more professional image for your books, classes, practice and other endeavors.

Ordination and Practitioners Certificate
From Wisdom of the Heart Church.

Upon completion of the master’s level, you will also receive your Ministerial Ordination and your Practitioner’s Certificate.

For your ordination, you may choose the title of Minister or Reverend.

The Practitioner’s Certificate is necessary in some states for hands on healing or counseling. This protects your right to legally practice."

^ lol at ALL of that

"Is UMS the highest path for me at this time?
Close your eyes and breathe deeply. Spend a few minutes letting your mind become quiet and still. Allow all of your thoughts, concerns, stresses, worries, and tensions to melt away with each breath.

Begin to be aware of your energy body. As you continue to breathe deeply, find yourself going inward and connecting with your own wisdom. Feel how you are a fluid, dynamic energy system, and also how, at the center, you are completely quiet, still, and at peace. At this moment, place your hands over your heart, and feel the energy here, at the source of your emotional and spiritual intelligence.

Now, through this lens, begin to visualize the energy of UMS. What does it look like? How does it feel? What are the colors, shapes, and general vibration? When you imagine enrolling with UMS, and beginning this type of journey, how does it feel? Take your time, and look closely, as your emotional and intuitive intelligence will steer you in the best direction for you at this time."

^ shyster talk

Come on Goodrum YOURE BETTER THAN THIS I still have faith in u

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2020, 02:05:42 AM »
brutal ownage by Basile.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2020, 03:42:05 AM »
Being that you think you know so much...perhaps this will enlighten you.

Healthcare Service Providers

‘‘Healthcare provider” 45 CFR 160.103: Healthcare provider means a provider of services (as defined in section 1861(u) of the Act, 42 U.S.C. 1395x (u)), a provider of medical or health services (as defined in section 1861(s) of the Act, 42 U.S.C. 1395x(s)), and any other person or organization who furnishes, bills, or is paid for healthcare in the normal course of business. Examples of healthcare providers included in this definition are: Physicians and other practitioners; hospitals and other institutional providers; suppliers of durable medical equipment, supplies related to healthcare, prosthetics, and orthotics; pharmacies and pharmacists; and group practices. There are individuals and organizations that furnish atypical or nontraditional services that are indirectly healthcare-related, such as taxi, home and vehicle modifications, habilitation, and respite services. These types of services are discussed in the Transactions Rule at 65 FR 50315. As stated in that Rule, many of these services do not qualify as healthcare services because the services do not fall within our definition of ‘‘healthcare.’’ An individual or organization must determine if it provides any services that fall within our definition of ‘‘healthcare’’ at § 160.103. If it does provide those services, it is considered a healthcare provider and would be eligible for an NPI. If it does not, and does not provide other services or supplies that bring it within the definition of ‘‘healthcare provider,’’ it would not be a healthcare provider under HIPAA, and would not be eligible to receive an NPI.

Healthcare Services Providers:

Ambulatory Surgical Center    
Audiologist    
Chiropractor    
Clinical Nurse Specialist    
Clinical Psychologist    
Community Service Board    
Dental Clinic    
Dentist    
Durable Medical Equipment/Supplies    
Education Services    
Emergency Transportation    
Federally Qualified Health Center    
Health Department Clinic    
Home Health Agency    
Hospice    
Hospital    
Independent Laboratory    
Intermediate Care Facility    
Licensed Clinical Social Worker    
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist    
Licensed Professional Counselor    
Long Stay Hospital    
Nurse Anesthetist
Nurse Midwife
Nurse Practitioner
Occupational Therapist (Medicare crossover)
Optician
Optometrist
Outpatient Rehab Facility
Pharmacy
Physical Therapist (Medicare crossover)
Physician
Physician Assistant (Medicare crossover)
Podiatrist
Private Mental Hospital
Prosthetic Services
Psych Residential Inpatient Facility
Rehab Agency
Rehab Hospital
Renal Unit
Rural Health Clinic
Skilled Nursing Facility
Skilled Private Duty Nursing
State Mental Hospital
Substance Abuse Clinic

So Melvin....where do you see a Doctor of Metaphysics on there?

Clerical oversight. It was added at a later date.
X

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2020, 03:50:19 AM »
There are many different areas in naturopathy.  My studies in alternative medicine is homeopathic medicine, aromatherapy, and light therapy.  I have no formal training in Chinese medicine which is why I stated earlier that my clinic will have a Chinese Grandmaster and a reflexologist working as well.  I cannot run this whole operation by itself.  I will also have secretary who will greet customers, set appointments, and make herbal tea as well. 

Its will be in Cherokee, NC and yes that's why its so cheap.

would love some herbal tea made by the secretary!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2020, 04:17:17 AM »
brutal ownage by Basile.

People here believe I picked on Goodrum. Nope, just called him out on all his bullshit. He never opened any clinic, studio or gym. All hype and zero substance.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2020, 04:42:19 AM »

People here believe I picked on Goodrum. Nope, just called him out on all his bullshit. He never opened any clinic, studio or gym. All hype and zero substance.

Melvin just opened an office.It has a leather chair, desk, some pens and a paper calender. Clearly the hard work paid off since he started this thread in 2008.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2020, 04:50:19 AM »

I appreciate that. His fantasies can be too overwhelming to read sometimes.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2020, 05:38:35 AM »
Woah, woah, hold up guys.  Have some respect.

His bachelors degree took a MINIMUM of 4 months to complete ;D

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2020, 01:52:30 PM »
My degree is from a Church Monastery.  By law, they can issue religion based degrees to anyone they wish.  I've also been granted liability insurance by Lloyd's of London for the business so everything is covered.

My degree is Metaphysics not Medicine and I will not be giving out perscriptions or birthing babies.  I will however be performing weddings and barmizvahs.   

Very impressive , oh by the way do you own :

- www.vincebasile.com & www.kamhigh.com