Author Topic: Barack Obama: Lack of Experience - truth or a myth created by his opponents?  (Read 2704 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
I'm no real fan of Barack Obama, I don't think he's presented much of a political platform.

But one thing that irritates me is that Obama is repeatedly called unexperienced.

The guy is a senator.

Look at JFK, what had he accomplished when he was elected?

Next to nothing.

Barack Obama had the skills to see that the Iraqi war was a bad idea long before Clinton, and the other candidates.

Lack of experience in the foreign field?

Ronald Reagan was a governor for California, and an actor before that.
What foreign experience did he have?

Barack Obama has spent a couple of his early years abroad, and has experience from the senate.

Obama has as much foreign savyness as anyone.

And where is Mitt Romney's foreign experience? I don't see it being questioned?

Hillary Clinton is a pawn, owned by the corporations.

Barack Obama wouldn't be my pick if I could vote. But I think the critisism of him being unexperienced in foreign affairs isn't balanced.

Why aren't the other candidates being equally challenged then? ::)
The bar for qualification to be president has been set so low by the past two elections that literally anybody can be president.  At least that person better be intelligent and a truly compassionate politician.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Yeah, graduating from Harvard and Yale and being a governor just won't cut it.   :)

Decker

• Getbig V
Yeah, graduating from Harvard and Yale and being a governor just won't cut it.   :)
I guess I misunderestimated him. 

Maybe I should ask the Timoranians about this. 

I suppose I don't have to ask him "Is our Children Learning?"...He went to Harvard!

Remember, 'Reading is the basics for all learning'

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.

At Yale he apparantly had a 2.35 grade average, out of a possible 4.00. From what I understand, this is not considered top notch.

As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I guess I misunderestimated him. 

Maybe I should ask the Timoranians about this. 

I suppose I don't have to ask him "Is our Children Learning?"...He went to Harvard!

Remember, 'Reading is the basics for all learning'

lol.  He obviously wasn't an English major.   :D 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
At Yale he apparantly had a 2.35 grade average, out of a possible 4.00. From what I understand, this is not considered top notch.

A degree from Yale puts you in pretty elite company, regardless of g.p.a.  Degrees from Yale and Harvard puts you in rarified air. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Obama didn't go to Yale.

He did okay at Harvard though:

He entered Harvard Law School in 1988.[25] In 1990, The New York Times reported his election as the Harvard Law Review's "first black president in its 104-year history".[26] He completed his J.D. degree magna cum laude in 1991.

WIKI.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Obama didn't go to Yale.

He entered Harvard Law School in 1988.[25] In 1990, The New York Times reported his election as the Harvard Law Review's "first black president in its 104-year history".[26] He completed his J.D. degree magna cum laude in 1991.

WIKI.
i think he was talking about bush.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
i think he was talking about bush.

My apologies!

yeah, bush got gentleman's C's, but still got the MBA, which is very very respectable.

Decker

• Getbig V
Obama didn't go to Yale.

WIKI.
If one is chosen for a Law Review, he's already likely in the top 10% of his class.  That was the pre-requisite at the school I attended.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
A degree from Yale puts you in pretty elite company, regardless of g.p.a.  Degrees from Yale and Harvard puts you in rarified air. 

True dat.

I scratched out a 3.0 at a state university and believe me when I say that I am *not* writing my own ticket. lol