Author Topic: Dog shoots owner  (Read 1155 times)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Dog shoots owner
« on: January 08, 2008, 07:32:24 AM »
Dog shoots dead owner
08/01/2008 16:58  - (SA)   

Hunting dogs shoot man

Man and dog bite it out

Houston - A tracking dog apparently stepped on a loaded shotgun in his owner's pickup truck, firing a fatal blast into the man's thigh during a goose hunt, officials said.

Perry Alvin Price III died at a hospital on Saturday from severe blood loss shortly after the accident in southeast Texas.

According to Chambers County sheriff's investigators, Price was hunting near Stowell, about 97km east of Houston, when he shot a goose.

Price, 46, then set the gun in the back of his truck and was about to open the tailgate to release his tracking dog when the shotgun fired, investigators said. The blast penetrated the truck's tailgate before hitting Price.

Paw prints from the dog, a chocolate Labrador retriever named Arthur, were found on the muddy shotgun, Sheriff Joe LaRive said.

Daniel Groberg, Price's hunting partner, said he tried to stop the bleeding with clothing before driving him to seek help.

"It's the strangest case that I've seen," LaRive said.

"We couldn't talk to Perry and Groberg was at the front of the truck when he heard the shotgun blast and didn't see what happened."

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Dog shoots owner
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 08:42:33 AM »
Sounds like one of his friends shot him....& are blaming it on the dog

When I was a kid....I shot the window out of my parents house (I thought the window was open)....so I blamed it on the dog.