Author Topic: Phil Heath 5 weeks out  (Read 23441 times)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Phil Heath 5 weeks out
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2008, 06:48:47 PM »
AC results
1.  victor martinez
2.  phil heath
3.  dexter jackson

my prediction it will be a controversial win for victor, then he will sign with muscletech, then he will win the O, then his oiled up calves will explode while receiving his sandow and then the sport will never be the same

LOL.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2008, 11:23:36 PM »
It's hard too believe that picture is not moped. He wasn't THAT big back then. But if it is, its not the first time BB magazines make the pro's looking bigger and better than they actually are/was.

If you're referring to the black and white shot, it's not photoshopped in any way but you're correct to say that some magazines do use to make the athletes appear bigger, especially on covers. The usual method they use is to shrink the head a few percent. Not sure who they are trying to kid as everyone notices!

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2008, 11:55:24 PM »
DivCom said:
Lift...did Phil lift at Better Bodies on Iliff back in the day?  I remember an amateur who looked something like him about 5 yrs ago.

If I remember correctly, Phil did used to train at that one because I kinda recognize him but he was no where near the size he was today or when he was competing at the national level. I believe I used to dwarf him and so many others in that gym dwarfed him. Granted, he did look athletic but in no way was he the size he is today... Im pretty sure he is the same dude that Ive seen at better Bodies off Illif

And if my memory serves me correctly, He used to work at the Bally's near the Fashion Square Mall Near I-225. Im pretty sure it was that Bally's. He used train people there too or was one of the counselors or ran some sort of "Pro Shop". At that time at Bally's was when I realized this dude was something very special. But never did it come to me that this guy would be the Heir apparant to the Olympia throne...

From the time I saw him at Better Bodies to the time I saw him again at Bally's, he put on an incredible amount of size on his frame. Phil is truly an incredible indiviual. He is truly "Gifted" and blessed

I consider myself a big fan of his and I cant wait for him to claim his rightful place as Mr Olympia...

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2008, 04:10:40 AM »
Ok....I found a picture of a young Phil Heath (Before his Pro days)

This is how I used to remember Phil looking like when I saw him at Bally's, I think it was between 2004-2005?

Anyways, but this is how I remember how he used to look like at Bally's.....I tell you, I knew he had so much potential...but who would have known about how great he would eventually become?

But I maybe wrong about the date...maybe it was pre 2003? But when I saw him at Bally's he looked incredible!

I truly believe that Phil is blessed with some of the greatest genetics ever witnessed.

I truly believe that he has no limits when it comes to putting on muscle mass. Of course he will improve on his weaknesses. He will out condition a lot of veterans! The best of Phil Heath is yet to come. We are living in exciting times and Im pretty excited about what this year is going to bring...

Wolf who???!!  LOL!!

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2008, 04:13:55 AM »
Oh yeah...one more thing Id like to add...he shouldnt be called "The Gift" anymore because we already know he is blessed with some of the greatest genetics ever....personally to me since he has already proved himself and built an allegiance of fans, he should be known as "The Force"

The Force to be reckoned with!!!

Go Phil!!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2008, 04:29:10 AM »
Jerry, do you think that he was a natty walking around like this? not that it matters

great build
Here comes the money shot

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2008, 04:40:29 AM »
To be honest with you. I dont know.

But what I do know and have heard from people around Denver that supposeldy knows him personally was that prior to bodybuilding, he trained and worked out like a basketball player. And when he actually committed himself to training and eating like a bodybuilder, his potential was evident that he has awesome genetics to be a great bodybuilder. People say that his genetics are so incredible that he could actually put on muscle fairly easy.

I dont know if this is true too... but I also have heard that it was Sosias that "discovered" him and saw his great potential. I heard that prior to his first conest that he was training for that he told his friends that if he didnt win 1st, he wasnt going to comepete in another show ever again. (this is what Ive been told). I also heard that Phil is so competitive and focused that prior to becoming a pro, he set his mind that he was going to take first and overall trophies and that second was never good enough. And I also heard from people that personally know him is that Phil is a genuinely nice person with morals and values and that he is a great kid...

It made me respect this guy even more...

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2008, 04:43:44 AM »
To be honest with you. I dont know.

But what I do know and have heard from people around Denver that supposeldy knows him personally was that prior to bodybuilding, he trained and worked out like a basketball player. And when he actually committed himself to training and eating like a bodybuilder, his potential was evident that he has awesome genetics to be a great bodybuilder.

I dont know if this is true too but I alo have heard that it was Sosias that "discovered" him and saw his great potential. I also heard that Phil is so competitive and focused that prior to becoming a pro, he set his mind that he was going to take first and overall trophies and that second was never good enough. And I also heard from people that personally know him is that Phil is a genuinely nice person with morals and values and that he is a great kid...

It made me respect this guy even more...

I guess that taking steriods doesn't go against his morals and values

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2008, 04:45:07 AM »
This is one my favorite pics of Phil

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2008, 04:51:00 AM »
You should check out www.jefftaylor.com

Check it out:

Year 2003: http://jefftaylor.com/gallery/costate03.html

Year 2004: http://jefftaylor.com/gallery/2004/costate.html

There are pre-pro pics of Phil Heath on there! When he competed in his first 2-3 shows it was like a man competing with little boys...you need to check it out...

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2008, 05:02:54 AM »
You should check out www.jefftaylor.com

Check it out:

Year 2003: http://jefftaylor.com/gallery/costate03.html

Year 2004: http://jefftaylor.com/gallery/2004/costate.html

There are pre-pro pics of Phil Heath on there! When he competed in his first 2-3 shows it was like a man competing with little boys...you need to check it out...

yeah, I went to the site...first he needs a "search" bar..second he needs better security

who is this chick, from the mid section down she is perfect

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2008, 05:05:32 AM »

he is a class above everyone else in that gallery

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2008, 05:13:32 AM »
Damn!!

Where did you get the last pic of Phil from? I never saw that one before!

Damn, his tris are striated even at a young age!!! Incredible!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2008, 05:17:24 AM »
He looks like a definite olympia winner if it were not for his width, which is lacking.  I bet that will split people's opinion when the time comes.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2008, 05:23:49 AM »

he is a class above everyone else in that gallery

Since younger age, his arms are already huge. Nobody cant change the muscle balance decided by gene.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2008, 05:24:57 AM »
Phil is amazing. He just may be Mr O  :o

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2008, 05:30:59 AM »
Phil is amazing. He just may be Mr O  :o
I think he will take Ironman this time and Olympia top 3 minimum.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2008, 05:47:56 AM »
Guestposing pics of Dec 2007

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2008, 05:57:19 AM »
maybe it's the photo quality but he just doesnt look good or healthy bad.  seems like he is taking the flex route...putting too much on a narrow frame.  we shall see.
Oh...Monica!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2008, 07:16:36 AM »
Damn!!

Where did you get the last pic of Phil from? I never saw that one before!

Damn, his tris are striated even at a young age!!! Incredible!
That was Phil's first show where he won the Northern Colorado.

The black and white photo:
As Kevin mentioned, it was the day after the Colorado Pro/Am where he did a photoshoot at Mahany's Gym in Denver, Colorado. We documented the shoot on his DVD.

Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2008, 07:18:13 AM »

That is IFBB Fitness pro, Bridgette Murray.
Elevate Your Image.™

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2008, 09:21:54 AM »
I dunno they say hes 5'9" looks more like 5' 6 or 7 anyway you look at it to short and to narrow. Shit lee Preist had a complete package with a better chest than Heath where did that get him. It tough for these shorter narrower guys they just dissapear during call outs. Esp with monsters like Freeman and Wolf.

Have you seen Phil in person? I am just over 5'8" and Phil is about an inch taller than me, face to face. Lee Priest physique is a wreck compared to Phil.

This crap about Phil being narrow will all dissapear after this season. He might be growing too fast, but he has not lost any symmetry nor lines. Will be hard to beat for the next few years. You just watch kids...

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2008, 10:08:06 AM »
That is IFBB Fitness pro, Bridgette Murray.

not bad, but she looks dried out in the rest of the pics on her site

here is a cool one

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2008, 10:15:01 AM »
SteelePegasus  said

Perfect from the midsection down?

Hell no! Perfect from top to bottom!!

Great pic of her! She is gorgeous!

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2008, 01:45:23 PM »

Perfect from the midsection down?

Hell no! Perfect from top to bottom!!

Great pic of her! She is gorgeous!

dayummmmmm son ! :o

Now that IM talkin `bout !   (u did hear me talking about it earlier didnt you?)