Author Topic: 605 Incline bench, 675 flat (LEGIT with video)...NO FREAKING WAY!  (Read 9653 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: 605 Incline bench, 675 flat (LEGIT with video)...NO FREAKING WAY!
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2008, 12:20:06 PM »
Jeremy will be benching in the Cage at the Arnold this year, last year he put up 635 without a shirt and then 405 for 20+ reps

Will he be there with Jack "The Rhino" London? 8)
As empty as paradise

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2008, 04:55:36 PM »
Jeremy is real.  He has competed raw, I am not sure about shirted.  I judged him at the Kings of the Bench meet a couple of years ago.  A very nice guy with incredible upper body strength.
cool! what do you think he could get with a double-ply shirt? if he did 635 raw, then i'd put him at 775 maybe even 800

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2008, 05:28:45 PM »
cool! what do you think he could get with a double-ply shirt? if he did 635 raw, then i'd put him at 775 maybe even 800

In the right shirt, and with training, I think he would be good for 900 + lbs, perhaps even 1000+.
w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2008, 05:29:19 PM »
By the way, you can get his DVD on Criticalbench.com.  It is worth every penny!
w

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2008, 05:43:29 PM »
In the right shirt, and with training, I think he would be good for 900 + lbs, perhaps even 1000+.

maybe. it's hard to say, since so much depends on where he's dominant and form and all of that. nick winters could never get squat out of a shirt, for example. jeremy benches flat backed and with a relatively close grip, and his sticking point is close to lockout from the looks of things.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2008, 05:44:52 PM »
maybe. it's hard to say, since so much depends on where he's dominant and form and all of that. nick winters could never get squat out of a shirt, for example. jeremy benches flat backed and with a relatively close grip, and his sticking point is close to lockout from the looks of things.
the scary thing is that looking at that 675 it didn't look like there was a sticking point, this guy is a freak.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2008, 07:05:58 PM »
the scary thing is that looking at that 675 it didn't look like there was a sticking point, this guy is a freak.

yeah man. is there anyone even in his league raw outside of mendy? nick winters is close, i think he hit 660 raw a little while ago.

what's extra unbelievable is that he's a damn 242 and his only competition is three weight classes up. i know coan regularly beat superheavies in his meets, but as far as i know hoornstra would be the lightest man to ever, EVER hold an absolute record over the supers.

and christ, how depressing is it that this dude is raw benching a weight i can't even shrug?  :P

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »
BUMP
Arnold For President 2012.2016

fsu_pain_train

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2008, 12:58:20 AM »
is he wearing a bench shirt underneath his t shirt? kinda looks like it the way he was walking?
Here is one of the reasons he has such a strong bench - he walks like that because its how his bones are structured, giving him a kind of 'natural bench shirt' effect.  That video was taken at Gold's Gym University, Tallahasse FL, and no there aren't any fake plates around, as evidenced by the bar bending.  I used to train with Jeremy some, I thought I was so big and bad hitting 405 for a set of 6, all of a sudden this short big dude shows up out of nowhere and shattered my ego big time, haha.  I was only 18 though so still good strength.  Jeremy is all front delts, the guy is a pressing machine.  Overhead pressing 405 for reps and shit.  Funny thing is all he wanted to do was bodybuild, and this old school powerlifter (and the guy who coached me for my first bodybuilding show) and bodybuilder at our gym Brian Bullock kept telling him to fuck bodybuilding and try powerlifting.  After literally MONTHS of nagging, Jeremy finally did one just to get Brian off his back.  I guess after he realized he broke a world record in his first meet he decided MAYBE he should stick to powerlifting.

Oh and for the record Jeremy doesn't do too well with shirts for whatever reason.  Maybe wrong shirt, wrong technique, but I remember he never really got used to them and just went for raw records.
Team "You Won't Recover"

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2008, 12:59:00 AM »
He is totally legit.The guy has a tape out that is absolutely freaky.550lb bent rows,etc. he is totally legit and has done his lifts in legit meets.Unlike the bodybuilders who talk a big game Jeremy lifts a big game and does it in front of judges.
u mean 550 shruggs right ?

fsu_pain_train

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2008, 01:00:46 AM »
I know Jeremy and I don't remember him ever getting close to 550 bent over rows, in fact I always had him in strength when it came to back exercises.  His form must've been complete shit if that's true.
Team "You Won't Recover"

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2008, 01:01:14 AM »
I know Jeremy and I don't remember him ever getting close to 550 bent over rows, in fact I always had him in strength when it came to back exercises.  His form must've been complete shit if that's true.
;)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2008, 04:41:00 AM »
Here is one of the reasons he has such a strong bench - he walks like that because its how his bones are structured, giving him a kind of 'natural bench shirt' effect.  That video was taken at Gold's Gym University, Tallahasse FL, and no there aren't any fake plates around, as evidenced by the bar bending.  I used to train with Jeremy some, I thought I was so big and bad hitting 405 for a set of 6, all of a sudden this short big dude shows up out of nowhere and shattered my ego big time, haha.  I was only 18 though so still good strength.  Jeremy is all front delts, the guy is a pressing machine.  Overhead pressing 405 for reps and shit.  Funny thing is all he wanted to do was bodybuild, and this old school powerlifter (and the guy who coached me for my first bodybuilding show) and bodybuilder at our gym Brian Bullock kept telling him to fuck bodybuilding and try powerlifting.  After literally MONTHS of nagging, Jeremy finally did one just to get Brian off his back.  I guess after he realized he broke a world record in his first meet he decided MAYBE he should stick to powerlifting.

Oh and for the record Jeremy doesn't do too well with shirts for whatever reason.  Maybe wrong shirt, wrong technique, but I remember he never really got used to them and just went for raw records.

405 for 6 at 18?!Bullshit!! Ie lived and trained in London, Chicago and Miami and San Diego and have NEVER seen the sort of shit so many of you on here claim to be able to do.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2008, 04:52:35 AM »
He bounced.
Even bounce,you cant do it. He is just a monster from a lab.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2008, 05:00:26 AM »
Even bounce,you cant do it. He is just a monster from a lab.

where are your weekly update videos?
Here comes the money shot

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2008, 08:37:44 AM »
hahahahaha, of course you did. ::)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2008, 08:44:30 AM »
does this kid only bench or does he do the 3 big lifts...he is a  monster man...fuckin freaky impressive...

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2008, 08:47:53 AM »
HAHA you gotta love the man beast that stands in front of the camera!! Classic
Spirit of Truth

fsu_pain_train

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2008, 01:46:14 PM »
edited  ;)
Team "You Won't Recover"

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2008, 01:47:32 PM »
where are your weekly update videos?
Probably Saturday of next week. But before Saturday of next week,i will post new pics in wendsday.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2008, 01:51:42 PM »
Come to think of it I may have just turned 19.  Here's me in my first competition at 18, I turned 18 in december the competition was on April 3, 2004, i'm the one all the way to the left.  Obviously I'm not lying about my age, it was the damn teen division.  Yes I looked like shit but won the division - no contest. 

This is me in my recent show, Nov 3.  Took a while but made some solid gains.

After my first show, I felt I needed lots more size and ate lots trained heavy, and got my shirted 1 rep max over 500. 

BTW Jeremy only benches competitively.

Good job. ;)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2008, 01:55:03 PM »
Come to think of it I may have just turned 19.  Here's me in my first competition at 18, I turned 18 in december the competition was on April 3, 2004, i'm the one all the way to the left.  Obviously I'm not lying about my age, it was the damn teen division.  Yes I looked like shit but won the division - no contest. 

shit dude, I remember you! That's me 3rd from the right. And you got 2nd - not 1st. ;)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »
then im sure you won it right??? ::)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2008, 02:00:48 PM »
then im sure you won it right???

no, sorry if I gave off that impression. I got 3rd. I was just calling him out for saying he won the teen division unless that was a typo.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2008, 02:04:43 PM »
brutal honesty...thats respectable and brave...props neo....red or blue pill neo which one??<---idk ;D