Author Topic: Reps! magazine just said Serge Nubret was natural...  (Read 13610 times)

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
Re: Reps! magazine just said Serge Nubret was natural...
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 09:20:37 AM »

i would like to believe that, but i doubt it.
are you delusional?

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 09:38:18 AM »
In all sincerity if he was natural in that first pic he would have won the drug tested Olympia in 90.

I wish he was natural but the fact is he was not, Light cycles maybe but he used.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 09:46:40 AM »
In all sincerity if he was natural in that first pic he would have won the drug tested Olympia in 90.

I wish he was natural but the fact is he was not, Light cycles maybe but he used.
He was banned from IFBB in 1976 - Ask yourself, why would a non-Competitor use life risking drugs at 53 or even 70??? ( Still in same shape today ) - Read Serge's thread, best read a bodybuilder can make

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 09:49:08 AM »
I don't know anything about stones but I do know Serge heavily abused steroids and now GH.
Know???? I don't think so .... Foolish to post such statements as fact when they can be read by the man himself.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 09:58:50 AM »
He was banned from IFBB in 1976 - Ask yourself, why would a non-Competitor use life risking drugs at 53 or even 70??? ( Still in same shape today ) - Read Serge's thread, best read a bodybuilder can make
I used for ten years,not all anabolics are harmfull even at 93, there are many drugs that add the polish to an outstanding physique maybe in Serges case as little as 15 to 20 pounds,Remember what Arnold said that he used drugs only as a tool to help refine the physique.
Serges training techniques i follow now natural compared to the typical drug regiem and training i was on and have great results but a little bit of this and that with absolute no damage to my health i could put on 20 more pounds.The guys a Legend of the sport im sorry i disagree with you but we agree on one thing he was a pioneer of the sport.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2008, 02:29:24 AM »
BS.
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 10:11:27 AM »
... impossible, right?

impossible.  that shitt aint natural. Never heard of Reps mag.
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2008, 04:48:46 PM »
impossible.  that shitt aint natural. Never heard of Reps mag.

It's another Robert Kennedy mag.  Been around for a while. (Spun out of Musclemag)

joelocal

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2008, 07:04:58 PM »
Nope, he wasn't when he was younger. I used to see him quite a bit when I trained at Bill Pearls when I was a kid.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 07:57:56 PM »
Robert Kennedy is another one of those crusty looking schmoe guys, like Lonnie Tepper...something aint right there.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2008, 08:57:49 PM »
Robert Kennedy is another one of those crusty looking schmoe guys, like Lonnie Tepper...something aint right there.

Sirtraps.. are you saying the RK might be another muscle boy enthusiast much like the weiders?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2008, 09:26:41 PM »
Nope, he wasn't when he was younger. I used to see him quite a bit when I trained at Bill Pearls when I was a kid.

of course he was using drugs

he was a professional BB or at the very least derived his living from his body

Joe,

did he really train the way he was written about back then

joelocal

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2008, 09:36:50 PM »
of course he was using drugs

he was a professional BB or at the very least derived his living from his body

Joe,

did he really train the way he was written about back then

Honestly I never seen him train, I really wish I could have. I used to train with Bill early before school and when Serge was there he would train later. The only times that I would see him is when he visited Bill.

crc69

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2008, 11:13:38 PM »
If he says he's natural, I believe him.

Pathetic.
And if he says god exists, do you believe him ?
 ::) ::) ::)

(and FYI, he admitted in a 90's french magazine that he took steroids...)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2008, 11:19:18 PM »
If he says he's natural, I believe him.

AHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!
No doubt about it...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 11:31:02 PM »
Natural as in only Dbol winstrol used...............

Fixed.

And those were his own words.  :)
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 12:00:13 AM »
Serge admitted to taking drugs in the MUSCLEMAG issue that I posted above.  No one is still debating this are they?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 02:09:53 AM »
Serges physique is amazing, regardless of taking steroids or not. Most people here don't care if someone takes gear, i think what the problem is is when someones "uses" but claims not to. A lot of us here are bodybuilding fans, we know what happens and what is needed to be succesful, we don't need him to go into details or anything, but being honest about his status (natural or not) would be appreciated.
No doubt about it...

leannmean

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 04:08:25 AM »
I agree...and told Serge as much. His response is that he has given many seminars around the world and answered this question and experienced people angry and disgruntled telling him he was wrong to the point where he thought "Why do I go through this? People believe what they want to believe anyway. This is a pain in the derriere." That's why I gave the example of Bill Pearl...to show that even if you say you took something, people say it's b.s. and tell you you're wrong. That's no different response than saying you are natural and having people mad with disbelief. People wanted Reg Park to admit he took something and made fun of anyone saying he was natural too. It's an argument that's hard to win because the reason for saying something versus saying nothing are equivocally valid...because no matter what side of the fence you're on...someone is going to be pissed.

My personality is to lay it out there...and if people don't like it I don't care. But english is not Serge's first language and so he is different and prefers to avoid conflict moreso than some here because it's negative/unpleasant...and that's his choice, so I respect that because he doesn't have to answer anything he doesn't want to. What he offers here is free advice how to build a shape like his--not how to win the Olympia. That's a different program. 

Arnold answered the steroid question by saying he took them and people have had just as bad or worse response as if he would have said he is natural. Some are glad to hear what he said. Others blame him for setting a bad example. I think trying to please everyone is a sure fire way to be miserable, so you just have to do what's comfortable for you and go with your gut. And try to show people respect. Be honest...and if you don't want to say anything...than that's o.k. too.

The reason I posted the pictures of some of the guys Serge trains is to illustrate that it's not about drugs. Because a lot of guys here take drugs and don't look like him--but the guys he trains do--even though he gives them no steroid advice. If you're natural and train like he does, you will have the same shape Serge does. If you take drugs and train like he does, you will have the same shape Serge does--only it will be bigger...with maybe a wider waist and some other characteristics that sometimes accompany drug use.

Someone told me it isn't natural to eat 8 lbs. of horse meat or beef a day...because of the overload of testosterone from the meat and possibility of steroid pellets put in the animals ears that could contribute to a steroid accumulation in the body. Considering that, I understand that position. So I will say that sometimes it's hard to know what is going on in anyone's body in terms of chemistry in terms of hormones (especially if they train 5 hours a day). I still think the training is the most important element in terms of having an impressive overall sculpted shape (along with what you eat)...regardless of if you choose to take drugs or not.

What other famous bodybuilders did Serge train?

Aside from Terry Pastel? I think Mohammed Makkawy is not a student of Serge, more likely to be that of Vince Gironda. 

leannmean

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2008, 04:10:16 AM »
Bodybuilder who is largely influenced by Serge from my observation is Rory Leidemeyer.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2008, 04:53:21 AM »
I guess Serge forgot about confessing to steroid use in an ironage issue of MUSCLEMAG:

Musclememory is your friend:

I'd hit that. Meaning the hot ass next to Serge.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2008, 05:46:52 AM »

I'd hit that. Meaning the hot ass Serge.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2008, 06:17:01 AM »

i could go on for hours about this but it's futile. on this board, with the words WRITTEN BY SERGE HIMSELF (not by someone in a magazine, regardless of who it is), he claims neutral status - that is not natty, but not a drug user. he simply says 'why does it matter'? and he's right, it doesn't.

let's hear SERGE'S view on this - in this thread! SERGE?

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »
The Reps! article didn't actually interview Serge.  It was more a profile of Serge.  The claim that Serge didn't take steroids is the magazines (though perhaps promoted by Serge's recent claims).  Interestingly, the article also says that Serge often ate 10 lbs of meat in a day, including horse meat.

Reps! isn't too bad of a magazine.  (see http://www.repsmag.com/)  It is definitely better than Kennedy's other mags, especially the Musclemag International rag.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2008, 09:29:17 AM »
Bet he was taking almost nothing compared to what guys take now.