Author Topic: Why do Blacks love the Clintons?  (Read 1175 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Why do Blacks love the Clintons?
« on: January 15, 2008, 06:19:22 PM »
Are too many Black voters guided by the so-called 'Black leaders' at BET, etc?

I never understood the love affair during their first Presidency and I surely cannot understand it now. 

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Why do Blacks love the Clintons?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:02:15 PM »
well then you must not be black enough then   :P

Clinton's offices are smack dab in the middle of Harlem actually, community likes him so much.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 10:28:32 PM »
in iowa, blacks voted for obama 8-1 over clinton.

-msnbc, tonight.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:37:24 PM »
The Black Community has always said that Bill Clinton was the closest thing to a black President that they've had.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 04:31:01 AM »
Probably for the same reasons that white voters love the clintons, as well as Hispanic & Asian voters.
The same reasons as any other voters who voted for them. By locating his offices in Harlem, he upped the property values in the area which subsequently brought alot of investment money in. Plus clinton made it clear he understood many urban issues, ...and he did more than talk, ...he walked his talk.

Also studies showed, that under clinton, the income of Black Americans rose greater than anytime in history under any previous prsident. While clinton cannot take sole credit for this, he addressed economic needs that positively impacted alot of blacks. His appearance on Arsenio, playing the sax didn't hurt either.  :P
w

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 05:59:50 AM »
By locating his offices in Harlem, he upped the property values in the area which subsequently brought a lot of investment money in. Plus clinton made it clear he understood many urban issues, ...and he did more than talk, ...he walked his talk.

lol 

Also studies showed, that under clinton, the income of Black Americans rose greater than anytime in history under any previous prsident. While clinton cannot take sole credit for this, he addressed economic needs that positively impacted alot of blacks. His appearance on Arsenio, playing the sax didn't hurt either.  :P

Our kids still cannot read and the income gap did not get any narrower, did it?  That's the thing about 'studies'. 

My own 'studies' tell me that anyone who is supporting Clinton's bid to retake the White House is a goddamn fool.  If we do not learn from past mistakes...

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 08:25:59 AM »
lol 

Our kids still cannot read and the income gap did not get any narrower, did it?  That's the thing about 'studies'. 

My own 'studies' tell me that anyone who is supporting Clinton's bid to retake the White House is a goddamn fool.  If we do not learn from past mistakes...

Your studies are wrong bytch.

Your looking at now, Clinton, was 8 years ago.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 02:51:39 PM »
I'm still confused as to how blacks en masse continue to support a Democratic Party that has historically, and presently, been so racist and destructive towards them.

- the KKK was founded largely and comprised of Democrats.  Many of their targets included Republican leaders.

- Pivotal opposition leaders during the Civil Rights movement included Democrats: Alabama Governor George Wallace, Arkansas Governor Orval Faubus, and Montgomery Police Chief Bull Connor.

- Democrats today continue to pander to even the most extreme of groups and leaders, such as the NAACP, the Urban League, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton.  Democratic presidential candidates desperately try to obtain the support of the Poverty Pimps.  These particular groups and individuals do not largely represent the black constituency as they proclaim, or have overall lost their past effectiveness and goals.  Now, the Povery Pimps and their enablers simply exist to make money and make news.......knowing full well that they remain well-funded, powerful, and greatly feared so long as financial, education, and crime gaps remain large between the various racial groups.  In essence, they do not want equality as equality would put them out of business.

Akin to the Native Americans, blacks as a group are slowly being destroyed not by the ever-looming, largely ficticious "oppressive White Man seeking to keep the Black Man down", but by government handouts in the form of welfare, Section 8, Section 32, Food Stamps, Racially-based Educational benefits, Affirmative Action, Quotas, etc......and of course, aside form some of this, the criminalization of everything and the converting of our prisons into human warehouses.

Blacks can succeed just fine without waiting around for answers from Washington.  The Jews did it, the Irish did it, the Italians did it, the Chinese did it, and the Japanese did it.  The real racists and supremacists are not the much-maligned Republicans(although many are indeed enablers), but the liberals and liberal groups that believe they are the only ones able to deliver blacks from the "oppressive" racist society and into equality. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 09:20:07 AM »
The real racists and supremacists are not the much-maligned Republicans(although many are indeed enablers), but the liberals and liberal groups that believe they are the only ones able to deliver blacks from the "oppressive" racist society and into equality. 

What you've written here represents a view that I have long held about the Democrats, but over the last 15+ years, I've come to realize that both sides of the aisle are guilty of the same offense - making policy decisions with the singular goal of keeping themselves in power. 

The Democratic power elite have no interest in the 'advancement' of anyone but their friends, same as the Republicans.  Although I'm not speaking about Obama or Edwards here, the Democrats have a long history of social engineering with a desire to make people feel like 'victims'. 

There's more, but I have to get back to work. 

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 09:25:41 AM »
I'm still confused as to how blacks en masse continue to support a Democratic Party that has historically, and presently, been so racist and destructive towards them.

- the KKK was founded largely and comprised of Democrats.  Many of their targets included Republican leaders.

- Pivotal opposition leaders during the Civil Rights movement included Democrats: Alabama Governor George Wallace, Arkansas Governor Orval Faubus, and Montgomery Police Chief Bull Connor.

- Democrats today continue to pander to even the most extreme of groups and leaders, such as the NAACP, the Urban League, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton.  Democratic presidential candidates desperately try to obtain the support of the Poverty Pimps.  These particular groups and individuals do not largely represent the black constituency as they proclaim, or have overall lost their past effectiveness and goals.  Now, the Povery Pimps and their enablers simply exist to make money and make news.......knowing full well that they remain well-funded, powerful, and greatly feared so long as financial, education, and crime gaps remain large between the various racial groups.  In essence, they do not want equality as equality would put them out of business.

Akin to the Native Americans, blacks as a group are slowly being destroyed not by the ever-looming, largely ficticious "oppressive White Man seeking to keep the Black Man down", but by government handouts in the form of welfare, Section 8, Section 32, Food Stamps, Racially-based Educational benefits, Affirmative Action, Quotas, etc......and of course, aside form some of this, the criminalization of everything and the converting of our prisons into human warehouses.

Blacks can succeed just fine without waiting around for answers from Washington.  The Jews did it, the Irish did it, the Italians did it, the Chinese did it, and the Japanese did it.  The real racists and supremacists are not the much-maligned Republicans(although many are indeed enablers), but the liberals and liberal groups that believe they are the only ones able to deliver blacks from the "oppressive" racist society and into equality.

agree 100 %

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 09:50:13 AM »

Be confused no more :)

Southern Strategy:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats."[3] Boyd, James (May 17, 1970) "Nixon's Southern strategy: 'It's All in the Charts'". New York Times. p. 215.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy#_note-2