Author Topic: The 50 Worst People of 2007  (Read 6710 times)

Eldon

• Getbig III
Re: The 50 Worst People of 2007
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2008, 03:25:10 PM »
You humans.  Attacking the author of the article when he cannot hear you.  - Decker

Decker,

I attack you for copying and promoting that piece of garbage onto GetBig.

You can make fun of republicans all day on here, all is fair, I will even join you, as lately they deserve it.

But not our troops, as they don't make the rules, they only take orders, just like they did in Kosovo., when they were sent their by then President Bill Clinton. which most of you libs sat in silence.

You are a piece of shit,  yes a piece of shit, for promoting that "Worst List  that says hateful things about our troops, the same troops that went into Kosovo, sent their by Bill Clinton, and I bet you had not one negative word to say back then.

Lets not forget that Hillary Clinton, and your man John Edwards both voted for going into Iraq,
so lets see,  John Edwards voted to send our troops into Iraq, and they went, and now you are okay with calling (promoting) these same troops the worst people ?  You are a hypocrite 

Plain and simple, Decker is a piece of shit

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2008, 03:44:55 PM »
Yes I do feel the same way about cops and firemen.  What's wrong with that?  Everyone acts out of self-interest...even priests.

a few years ago i had a call that someone broke into an apartment. i get in and this dude has a girl tied to her bed, about to rape her. he shot me with a 12 guage slug. beautifull college student, about to get her life ruined, possibly killed. was i acting out of self interest? was i being selfish lying in a hospital bed thinking i was dead, all to protect a stranger?

you can imagine why i get pissed when i hear this type of bullshit.

there's a million things i could be doing. i "choose" to be a cop. i would explain why, but you wouldnt have a clue what i would be talking about.. a world full of deckers, we would be doomed.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2008, 03:45:03 PM »
Hussein gassed the Kurds 20 years ago and Bush I's reaction was to ignore it and continue his golf game.

As expected your reaction would've been do nothing.  And by this statement apparently you think the atrocities stopped with that.

That's what you and people like you all say and it's obvious no matter what happens anywhere you are not a man of action, just words.

You continue to assume we have to suffer first before anything can be done just like your attempt to reclassify killing the enemy trying to kill us as some sort of genocide of innocent people on our part.  The people we are killing are NOT innocent, they are NOT non combatants.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 03:49:14 PM »
For god's sake one of the justifications for attacking the country was "Revenge".

If an attack is not legal, which this one wasn't, then using force predicated on a theory of self defense becomes murder...a war of aggression.

Why not just include "Iraqis are brown skinned, or they smell, or they are poor business men, as other reasons for the invasion?  They are just as valid as the comedy list you posted.

Good nite BB.  Until tomorrow.

I don't hear you complaining about any of the illegalities of what Saddam was doing before we went there.  Nor would I expect you to have a plan for dealing with it.  And the sanctions we encouraged showed nothing more than Saddams awful treatment of his own, yet you blame the USA just as you would for anything else.  The bottom line is you don't believe in responsibility and holding leaders accountable (unless you have personal hatred towards them such as Bush).

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2008, 06:47:33 PM »
a few years ago i had a call that someone broke into an apartment. i get in and this dude has a girl tied to her bed, about to rape her. he shot me with a 12 guage slug. beautifull college student, about to get her life ruined, possibly killed. was i acting out of self interest? was i being selfish lying in a hospital bed thinking i was dead, all to protect a stranger?

there's a million things i could be doing. i "choose" to be a cop. i would explain why, but you wouldnt have a clue what i would be talking about.. a world full of deckers, we would be doomed.

excellent post... thanks for hangin around

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2008, 09:29:38 PM »

You are the man.  Thanks for sharing this.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2008, 09:59:05 PM »

You want to make jokes about a politician, one who sits as his or her desk , safe from harm, then go for it .

but anyone that finds humor in the above statement,  is a piece of shit, and nothing more.

The quote about the troops clearly shows that whoever wrote the list isn't against the average joe soldier trying to stay alive in Iraq. I'd say quite the opposite.
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2008, 10:02:40 PM »
Decker,

You can make fun of republicans all day on here, all is fair, I will even join you, as lately they deserve it.

But not our troops, as they don't make the rules, they only take orders, just like they did in Kosovo., when they were sent their by then President Bill Clinton. which most of you libs sat in silence.

You are a piece of shit,  yes a piece of shit, for promoting that "Worst List  that says hateful things about our troops, the same troops that went into Kosovo, sent their by Bill Clinton, and I bet you had not one negative word to say back then.

Lets not forget that Hillary Clinton, and your man John Edwards both voted for going into Iraq,
so lets see,  John Edwards voted to send our troops into Iraq, and they went, and now you are okay with calling (promoting) these same troops the worst people ?  You are a hypocrite 

I think you need a glass of water or something.

Or perhaps better, read up on your democracy skills.

Trying to censor the discussion, what's up with that?
As empty as paradise

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2008, 06:45:42 AM »

Whatever happened to doing one's job with quiet dignity?

Where have I denigrated cops, firemen or the troops for choosing those respective careers?  Pointing out that they do these things out of self-interest is a fact.  There may be different honorable motivating factors for taking the job and I'm certain there are.

Choosing a dangerous profession carries its own rewards and risks.  There are bad cops/firemen/soldiers and good ones.  The measure of a man in this instance is in his performance of his duties.  That's where he earns his respect. 

In other words, don't expect me to kiss your ass just b/c you decided to be a cop.  That's for cheerleaders.  However, if you're a good cop then I salute you b/c you deserve it.

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2008, 06:47:51 AM »
The quote about the troops clearly shows that whoever wrote the list isn't against the average joe soldier trying to stay alive in Iraq. I'd say quite the opposite.

Hedge,
please tell us all what part of the following quote you are getting this viewpoint from ?

"28. The Troops

Charges: Rubes, the lot of 'em. Come back all fugly. They keep telling John McCain they want to win. They need so much support, it's clingy and sad. Matching outfits? Kind of gay.

Exhibit A: Too cheap to buy their own body armor.

Sentence: Walter Reed."

Hedge,
This is a flat out smear of our troops,   read the words after the number 28, it says " The Troops ",  not some of the troops, not a part of the troops.

Hedge, your defense of the smear  is as weak as it comes, and if you agree that our troops should be part of a "Wosrt List ", then you are a piece of shit as well.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2008, 06:50:35 AM »
I don't hear you complaining about any of the illegalities of what Saddam was doing before we went there.  Nor would I expect you to have a plan for dealing with it.  And the sanctions we encouraged showed nothing more than Saddams awful treatment of his own, yet you blame the USA just as you would for anything else.  The bottom line is you don't believe in responsibility and holding leaders accountable (unless you have personal hatred towards them such as Bush).
Hussein was a shitty dictator.  That is true.  But what business is that of the US or to you?

Holding leaders accountable?  So we are the world's police?  Where do we get the authority for that?

Like it or not, there are many laws in place for international relations.  

Do we still retain the right to bomb Germany or Japan or Viet Nam or Korea b/c we were enemies with them at one time?

The entire point of this invasion was that Bush ran to the UN to enforce an inspection/disarmament resolution against Iraq and Iraq was in compliance with that resolution yet Bush ordered the attack anyways.

That is how it happened.  Can you deny that?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2008, 07:00:29 AM »
Hedge,
please tell us all what part of the following quote you are getting this viewpoint from ?

"28. The Troops

Charges: Rubes, the lot of 'em. Come back all fugly. They keep telling John McCain they want to win. They need so much support, it's clingy and sad. Matching outfits? Kind of gay.

Exhibit A: Too cheap to buy their own body armor.

Sentence: Walter Reed."

Hedge,
This is a flat out smear of our troops,   read the words after the number 28, it says " The Troops ",  not some of the troops, not a part of the troops.

Hedge, your defense of the smear  is as weak as it comes, and if you agree that our troops should be part of a "Wosrt List ", then you are a piece of shit as well.

That "smear" is sarcastic commentary on the IRaq mess--the politics that put the soldiers in a winless situation.

Or do you really think that author believes that army is 'clingy' and 'kind of gay'  or 'too cheap to buy their own body armor' too?

Why is the sentence for them Walter Reed?  Maybe b/c the political buffoons that got us into this war also let the Nation's best Vet hospital go to shit.  The Bush people are playing the soldiers for rubes and using them in the most vile way without any real care for their concern yet you are incensed by this little bit of humor.

The leaders that sent the soldiers to Iraq to handle an invisible threat from Iraq are screwing over those soldiers by not providing adequate medical/psychological services.

The whole thing's a clusterfuck.

I suppose you can sit back and stew about how the article slights the soldiers when in concrete terms, it is Bush and the war supporters that are really screwing them.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2008, 05:03:31 PM »
Hussein was a shitty dictator.  That is true.  But what business is that of the US or to you?

Holding leaders accountable?  So we are the world's police?  Where do we get the authority for that?

Like it or not, there are many laws in place for international relations. 

Do we still retain the right to bomb Germany or Japan or Viet Nam or Korea b/c we were enemies with them at one time?

The entire point of this invasion was that Bush ran to the UN to enforce an inspection/disarmament resolution against Iraq and Iraq was in compliance with that resolution yet Bush ordered the attack anyways.

That is how it happened.  Can you deny that?

To an extent we do play the role of world police when things get bad enough AND are salvageable (WW2 on the Euro front is a perfect example of this.) 

Iraq violated countless resolutions and continually attempted to undermine the efforts of the UN.  Riddle me this Batman.. what do you think Iraq would be up to 10 years from now if we hadn't marched on em? 

I get the impression you are the kind of guy who thinks a rapist may deserve to go free because a rookie cop fucked up the miranda rights, or the kind of guy who sees a woman getting beat in the street by an attacker and does nothing (but hey, he didn't do anything to YOU, right?).

I don't believe anything about our war with Iraq was illegal but even in that case any person who thinks it is better to stand by and do nothing while someone like Saddam is supporting terrorism, murdering and torturing innocent people, and is a constant threat (and problem) instead of not being afraid of doing something "illegal" needs to grow a spine and locate his testicles.  It's the difference between people who put forth effort to change this world and those who are merely a bug on the face of progress.

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2008, 06:28:14 AM »
Again Decker,

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2008, 06:36:36 AM »
To an extent we do play the role of world police when things get bad enough AND are salvageable (WW2 on the Euro front is a perfect example of this.)

Iraq violated countless resolutions and continually attempted to undermine the efforts of the UN.  Riddle me this Batman.. what do you think Iraq would be up to 10 years from now if we hadn't marched on em?

I get the impression you are the kind of guy who thinks a rapist may deserve to go free because a rookie cop fucked up the miranda rights, or the kind of guy who sees a woman getting beat in the street by an attacker and does nothing (but hey, he didn't do anything to YOU, right?).

I don't believe anything about our war with Iraq was illegal but even in that case any person who thinks it is better to stand by and do nothing while someone like Saddam is supporting terrorism, murdering and torturing innocent people, and is a constant threat (and problem) instead of not being afraid of doing something "illegal" needs to grow a spine and locate his testicles.  It's the difference between people who put forth effort to change this world and those who are merely a bug on the face of progress.

agree 100 %

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »

The answer to your riddle is easy.

In ten years, Iraq would still be a toothless tiger.

Why?  B/c a combination of UN inspections and sanctions crippled the country and any designs it had on WMDs.

How do we know?

The WMD inspectors were let into Iraq.  Probably b/c Bush rattled the sabres.

The Inspectors were finding nothing.

Regardless of the Inspectors findings, Bush ordered the attack of a country prostrate and subject to US inspection demands.

That's what a coward does.

The Bully has the weakling's lunch money and his face in the ground and beats the shit out of him anyways.

So Saddam is killing and torturing innocent people.  Check the headlines, so are we. 

So 'growing a pair' involves becoming a criminal? 

That's news to me.  I guess all those rules are for sissies.

Gosh darn it, sometimes the law is just an inconvenience. 

I always thought that beating down and killing in an inferior country is not a courageous act but the epitome of cowardice.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2008, 03:29:49 PM »
Again Decker,

You got me shakin' in my boots little lady.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2008, 03:30:25 PM »

Why?  B/c a combination of UN inspections and sanctions crippled the country and any designs it had on WMDs.

How do we know?

Regardless of the Inspectors findings, Bush ordered the attack of a country prostrate and subject to US inspection demands.

The Bully has the weakling's lunch money and his face in the ground and beats the shit out of him anyways.

Scott Ritter (a UN weapons inspector in Iraq) talks about Iraq's lack of WMD's all the time. You would have to be living under a rock not to hear about what he has said. All people have to do is type in his name on Google and bingo. Unfortunaltly getting people to do anything that requires their brain is tough.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2008, 03:38:09 PM »

How do we know?

Crippled the country?  Hard to say that when what we DID find were very close to being capable of production.  Many were even mobile.   I should say that I speak from an unfair advantage having had a clearance at the time and seeing what happened to what Saddam DID have.  Believe me, he was no where near toothless.

So inspectors were let into Iraq.. AND YET THEY WERE DENIED ACCESS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND COMPLAINED ALMOST DAILY OF NONCOMPLIANCE.

Funny you mention the bully/weakling scenario.. sounds an awful lot like Iraq vs. Kuwait '91.  And I imagine you wouldn't have done squat about that either if it was your decision.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2008, 03:40:52 PM »
putting our troops on this list makes the whole thing null and void

the author is a world class asshole

btw - how can one compile a list like this and not include Pat Robertson, Ted Haggard, etc...

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2008, 03:49:38 PM »
Crippled the country?  Hard to say that when what we DID find were very close to being capable of production.  Many were even mobile.   I should say that I speak from an unfair advantage having had a clearance at the time and seeing what happened to what Saddam DID have.  Believe me, he was no where near toothless.

So inspectors were let into Iraq.. AND YET THEY WERE DENIED ACCESS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND COMPLAINED ALMOST DAILY OF NONCOMPLIANCE.

Funny you mention the bully/weakling scenario.. sounds an awful lot like Iraq vs. Kuwait '91.  And I imagine you wouldn't have done squat about that either if it was your decision.
I don't believe you.  I believe the WMD inspectors or as I refer to them, worldclass scientists.

AND YET THEY WERE DENIED ACCESS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND COMPLAINED ALMOST DAILY OF NONCOMPLIANCE.

That's just not true. 

"Inspections in Iraq resumed on the 27th of November 2002. In matters relating to process, notably prompt access to sites, we have faced relatively few difficulties, and certainly much less than those that were faced by UNSCOM [U.N. Special Commission] in the period 1991 to 1998. This may well be due to the strong outside pressure." http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/03/07/sprj.irq.un.transcript.blix/

See how Blix credited Bush's Sabre rattling with prompt acces to sites? 

For some reason, Bush did not want the inspections to continue.  Blix wanted the inspections to continue but not the president.

Could you please tell me what the hurry was for the president to stop inspections and attack Iraq?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2008, 03:50:38 PM »

You are full of shit.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2008, 03:51:46 PM »
putting our troops on this list makes the whole thing null and void

the author is a world class asshole

btw - how can one compile a list like this and not include Pat Robertson, Ted Haggard, etc...

As equal opportunity offenders, you'd have to check the 2004-6 issues.  I think Robertson ranks #1.  I have to admit, the list isn't as funny as it was in past years.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2008, 03:56:42 PM »
Blix welcomes accelerated cooperation by Iraq, but says unresolved issues remain

7 March 2003 – Top United Nations weapons inspector Hans Blix told the Security Council today that over the past month Iraq has displayed "active" or even "proactive" cooperation, which has allowed the inspection process to make significant progress, although a number of key disarmament tasks remained to be resolved.
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=6383&Cr=iraq&Cr1=inspect

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2008, 03:58:18 PM »
As equal opportunity offenders, you'd have to check the 2004-6 issues.  I think Robertson ranks #1.  I have to admit, the list isn't as funny as it was in past years.

I'd say throw out all entertainers (who cares) and include those people who are truly a blight on the human race.

I haven't read this entire thread but there is no justificaction for including "the troops" on this list and I'm definitely not seeing the satire.  

No doubt Iraq is a mess but that's the sole fault of the idiots who planned this (Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfewitz, etc..), starting with the fact that they've been planning this for years before Bush was even Prez.  For fucks sake you think they could have done just a little bit better job

They should also include the financial engineers who created the Structured Invesment Vehicles/Collateralized Debt Obligations that are responsible for the sub-prime mess