Author Topic: A reminder on exposing yourself on MySpace....  (Read 26710 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: A reminder on exposing yourself on MySpace....
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2008, 07:20:25 AM »
Alex23 is Back:

Do you check their credit reports as well?  If not, don't you think that would be more useful that what someone may or may not say on a website in cyberspace?

I have mixed feelings about drawing conclusions about a potential employee based websites like myspace.  Is the information vetted?  Reliable?  Is it really authored by the person you think authored it?  If they don’t have myspace account does that mean they will be a better employee than one who has a racy one?  No.

If you look into any one’s life closely enough, one can find objectionable material, but is that the role of a potential employer?  If someone has premarital sex or a child out of wedlock should an employer try to find that out and use it to make a decision before hiring the person?  That used to be considered very relevant information.  Does the person make reliable child support payments?  What if the person has unnaturally large muscles due to . . . (you suspect) steroids?  What if the person carries a gene for an illness that could be very costly to an insurance company down the road? 

Digging into some one’s life (outside of their performance on the job) is a slippery slope and one has to draw the line somewhere.  Even looking at some one’s credit report is somewhat dubious.  I think screening people based on a myspace page is misguided. :-\

btw, I am not on myspace, friendster, or any of those sites.

I question before the women all have that "biggest bitch" or some other tagline on their myspace page, (the tag is usually accompanied by a severely arched back and a middle finger), and talking about women who hate on them...

This could severely hurt them when they are trying to get a corporate job.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2008, 09:12:27 AM »
Alex23 is Back:

Do you check their credit reports as well?  If not, don't you think that would be more useful that what someone may or may not say on a website in cyberspace?

I have mixed feelings about drawing conclusions about a potential employee based websites like myspace.  Is the information vetted?  Reliable?  Is it really authored by the person you think authored it?  If they don’t have myspace account does that mean they will be a better employee than one who has a racy one?  No.

If you look into any one’s life closely enough, one can find objectionable material, but is that the role of a potential employer?  If someone has premarital sex or a child out of wedlock should an employer try to find that out and use it to make a decision before hiring the person?  That used to be considered very relevant information.  Does the person make reliable child support payments?  What if the person has unnaturally large muscles due to . . . (you suspect) steroids?  What if the person carries a gene for an illness that could be very costly to an insurance company down the road? 

Digging into some one’s life (outside of their performance on the job) is a slippery slope and one has to draw the line somewhere.  Even looking at some one’s credit report is somewhat dubious.  I think screening people based on a myspace page is misguided. :-\

btw, I am not on myspace, friendster, or any of those sites.

apparently you didn't read my post...Alex is only rejecting the guys who are straight...Credit Reports don't really give you that info...Anyone who hasn't figured out that Alex is a bottom muscle Bear just doesn't want to read the writing on the wall...He also won't hire any guy that works out..Rumor has it that there was gay guy who worked with Alex and the guy starting working out and Alex fired him...

Also Alex likes to walk around the office with a T-back tank on after he lets his back hair grow out sweating like a pig all over the "guys"...He loves being called Husky also...He has been caught many times jerking off in his office to Grissly Adams reruns..

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2008, 12:38:48 PM »
many chicks on myspace have pics of them kissing girls at parties

would you still hire them alex?

E
E

Alex23

« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2008, 12:57:19 PM »
many chicks on myspace have pics of them kissing girls at parties
would you still hire them alex?
E

Joking pics are fine but these type of setups usually come with more shit..... I would probably pass.

Alex23

« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »
apparently you didn't read my post...Alex is only rejecting the guys who are straight...Credit Reports don't really give you that info...Anyone who hasn't figured out that Alex is a bottom muscle Bear just doesn't want to read the writing on the wall...He also won't hire any guy that works out..Rumor has it that there was gay guy who worked with Alex and the guy starting working out and Alex fired him...

Also Alex likes to walk around the office with a T-back tank on after he lets his back hair grow out sweating like a pig all over the "guys"...He loves being called Husky also...He has been caught many times jerking off in his office to Grissly Adams reruns..

Calm down sweetie, no need to put so much effort into it.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2008, 10:24:07 PM »
Well, you'll find most Jews are more than satisfied with just regular genocide. Not our Ed. He's a trooper. 

If you want to forgo absolutism and discuss relative ethics, WOTEN (Dan Duchaine) gives some pretty compelling arguments as to why all black people should be eliminated:

http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com/showthread.php?t=3496

As for anyone on the board wondering what my point of  view is, check here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

I follow the ethics of that system almost to the letter.  If you want to know my opinion on something, ask yourself what Ron Paul or Milton Friedman would feel about it.  I more than likely agree with them 100%.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2008, 03:43:11 AM »
If you want to forgo absolutism and discuss relative ethics, WOTEN (Dan Duchaine) gives some pretty compelling arguments as to why all black people should be eliminated:

I follow the ethics of that system almost to the letter.  If you want to know my opinion on something, ask yourself what Ron Paul or Milton Friedman would feel about it.  I more than likely agree with them 100%.
Well, when I was in school, following an ism was seen as very popular. 'Course one had to be seen observing the 'cool' one, mind you. Put a few more years between yourself and school and I would wager you will not feel the need to follow any 'system' to the letter. Remember, Karl Marx always protested he was not a Marxist. Be your own person. You don't need to pigeon-hole yourself for self-identification. No one really cares, and it doesn't really matter.  :)   

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2008, 10:02:01 AM »
Well, when I was in school, following an ism was seen as very popular. 'Course one had to be seen observing the 'cool' one, mind you. Put a few more years between yourself and school and I would wager you will not feel the need to follow any 'system' to the letter. Remember, Karl Marx always protested he was not a Marxist. Be your own person. You don't need to pigeon-hole yourself for self-identification. No one really cares, and it doesn't really matter.  :)   

Agreed.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2008, 01:46:51 PM »
Calm down sweetie, no need to put so much effort into it.

Effort is a hung guy in Japan...You know him well ;)

Alex23

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2008, 07:36:16 PM »
MySpace Lingerie Mayor Refuses to Step Down
Saturday, January 19, 2008

ARLINGTON, Ore.  —  Mayor Carmen Kontur-Gronquist, whose MySpace photos of her posing in black lingerie on a fire engine put this Columbia River town of 600 into something of a pother, told ABC's 20/20 Friday night that she's not stepping down.

"They're going to have to drag me out of here," she said.

The pictures were taken before she thought of running for mayor, said Kontur-Gronquist, 42, the first woman to hold the unpaid position. She said she had permission from the fire chief to use the engine and had intended to use the photos in a contest about fitness in women.

A relative set up the MySpace page, hoping it would jump-start her social life, said Kontur-Gronquist, a single parent. Family members uploaded the photos and she said she saw no reason to take them down once elected.

"I had no clue that it would cause such a negative reaction," she said. "I called my council members and apologized. Everyone is entitled to their own private life."

At a council meeting this month some people asked for her to resign.

"People aren't laughing with us, they're laughing at us," said school board member Grant Wilkins.

Kontur-Gronquist vows to continue as mayor until her term ends in January 2009,

"The first lesson that I learned (as mayor) is that you'll never make everybody happy. That's the toughest," she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324045,00.html

From abcnews:

:-X

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2008, 07:43:54 PM »

Alex, what do you think about matterrorist spamming his liberal propaganda in your myspace thread?

Jason

Alex23

« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2008, 07:50:22 PM »
Alex, what do you think about matterrorist spamming his liberal propaganda in your myspace thread?

Jason

I think he needs a reality check pretty soon. Face to face is imminent.

I would say "matt, get a job hippy" be he now refuses to "work" for "anyone", yet lives at home.

A true model.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2008, 07:53:22 PM »

I would say "matt, get a job hippy" be he now refuses to "work" for "anyone", yet lives at home.

A true model.

Are you saying that matterrorist is a model getbigger, being as his posts originate from the basement of his parents dwelling?

Jason

Alex23

« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2008, 07:55:55 PM »
Are you saying that matterrorist is a model getbigger, being as his posts originate from the basement of his parents dwelling?

Jason

Directly from Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada... the epicenter of knowledge and Foreign policy awareness. We on the other hand, are all gas guzzling innocent killers...

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2008, 06:35:02 AM »

A true model.

doesn't everyone live at home? where else would they live, a hotel ???
tank u jesus

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2008, 07:21:22 AM »
Well, when I was in school, following an ism was seen as very popular.

Was jism your favourite by any chance ?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2008, 02:20:41 PM »
Apparently she does but I don't do Chinese.

Is she ugly Chinese?
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #117 on: July 07, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »
But they often shift around, so it'd be difficult to plan on an exact spot. And most importantly, I'd want some level of credit for the deed, just as Jack the Ripper.

I'm not Ted Bundy or anything, but I could plan on killing someone and get away with it. It's just that I don't have that sense of purpose and daring, because that feeling often comes and goes in spurts. I can hurt someone if they really provoke me though, but so can most normal people.

I've been in situations where I've drawn, but they were defused by the opposing party. That brought me some mild euphoria.

I could just offer some homeless bum drink that's been poisoned and get away with it.. But that wouldn't bring about any sense of accomplishment or anything.

HAHA This post needs to be added to the getbig hall of fame!!!  ;D
S