Author Topic: Weider Publications Signs Gustavo Badell!!!!  (Read 3678 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Weider Publications Signs Gustavo Badell!!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 01:26:28 PM »
Secondly why would he win the ARNOLD classic .... well that shows isnt known as Joe Weiders Mr Olympia is it ??

Horton, since you seemed qualified to represent the company in its defense of the last point, perhaps you can speak of this one.

Would MD be allowed to use the title JOE WEIDER'S Mr Olympia if an MD athlete won?  Yes or no?

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 01:38:21 PM »
Horton, since you seemed qualified to represent the company in its defense of the last point, perhaps you can speak of this one.

Would MD be allowed to use the title JOE WEIDER'S Mr Olympia if an MD athlete won?  Yes or no?

Yes.
The title of the show is Joe Weider's Mr Olympia. I don't think they've ever used that term in Flex to describe a title holder, it's always Ronnie Coleman Mr Olympia etc.
If an MD athlete wins the title it would be their choice as to what they wanted to print.

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 01:39:51 PM »

Exactly. The O is owned by Weider Publications.  The Arnold isn't.  Apples vs. Oranges.

Weider Publications don't have a single judge on the panel though...they are all IFBB judges-the same people for the most part that judge EVERY other Pro Show throughout the year.
Joe also has no say in who wins the Olympia, he just wants it to be the best man that night.

Whoever the judges pick will be the winner that year, no matter who we at the mag may want to win. Sure we would love to see our guys come put on top, but if it was a guy at MD, so be it-then the challenge next year would be to get one of our guys back in there. I would say right now the athletes are pretty much evenly spread between the mags heading into contest season, and I'm sure the placings will be also (except for maybe the Vic injury throwing things off a bit)

I would also guess that 80% of people don't even know who most guys are with anyway.

I guess conspiracy theories are more fun though.

240, don't MD use that type now if they do contest coverage?
CD
M&F & FLEX

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 01:44:42 PM »
Why would they sign Gustavo?  He's a fat loud-mouthed has-been who's going nowhere.

they need some mexicans too, its the policy.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 01:54:11 PM »
Weider Publications don't have a single judge on the panel though...they are all IFBB judges-the same people for the most part that judge EVERY other Pro Show throughout the year.
Joe also has no say in who wins the Olympia, he just wants it to be the best man that night.

Whoever the judges pick will be the winner that year, no matter who we at the mag may want to win. Sure we would love to see our guys come put on top, but if it was a guy at MD, so be it-then the challenge next year would be to get one of our guys back in there. I would say right now the athletes are pretty much evenly spread between the mags heading into contest season, and I'm sure the placings will be also (except for maybe the Vic injury throwing things off a bit)

I would also guess that 80% of people don't even know who most guys are with anyway.

240, don't MD use that type now if they do contest coverage?

Ok if you say so

Riddle me this though , the same judges judge most of the shows  - why then do these self same judges have diffrent criteria at different shows ??

We all know the O favours Big mass monsters , the arnold lead more towards the symmetrical guys and the smaller shows , each 1 seems to have a different set of tatses from the judging panel - yet its always the same judges.My point is why then always different shows are judged differently yet the judges are the same

Joe doesnt have to coerce the judges to fall in line , he can however have his preference known to them.Who knows

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 01:56:19 PM »

Who did you believe was the best bodybuilder onstage at the 2007 Mr Olympia?

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 03:47:28 PM »
1) In 1978, Congress declared that JFK was killed by several conspiring people or groups - there was in fact a conspiracy.  You are regurgitating ignorance here, Kevin.  Your snide "grassy knoll" comment is a result of your conditioning to repeat ignorance and to perpetuate a stigma that those who question the official story are to be labeled as crazy.  In the JFK case, they turned out to be absolutely correct.  

2) If Dex or Vic didn't win the O over a sub-par Jay in 2007, it ain't ever going to happen.  You can perpetuate this lie too, that all is fair, but with $ and emotions on the line, no way the keys to the kingdom (the Sandow title) get turned over to the darkside.  Hell, isn't it the event CALLED Joe Weider's Mr Olympia?  No way they're going to turn over that title to MD for a year to use as it wishes.

1. Are you referring to the "United States House Select Committee on Assassinations"? If so, they concluded that there was PROBABLY a conspiracy involved. If you're going to accuse someone of ignorance it's always better to get you're own facts straight first rather than reveal your conditioning to repeat ignorance to perpetuate a stigma that those who question the official story really are crazy :-)
Their conclusion was primarily based on acoustic evidence which has since been proven to be wrong:

a. The timeline relied on by the NRC report and by Thomas is inaccurate.

b. Both the "hold everything" and the "you want me" crosstalk alignments demonstrate that the suspect impulses happen too late to be the assassination gunshots.

c. There is no evidence that the Audograph machine that recorded channel II ran continuously in the first few minutes after the shooting, and evidence indicates that it did stop. Because the Audograph stopped, later instances of crosstalk cannot be used to align the suspect impulses on channel I.

d. There is no statistical significance of 95% or higher for a shot from the grassy knoll. There is persuasive evidence that BRSW/WA simply found a match to the speech pattern that exists at the same location on the recording.

There are some excellent books on the subject and I'd read them rather than relying on the film JFK for your knowledge on the subject. I Unfortunately a whole generation believed that garbage.

2. In your opinion Victor or Dexter should have won the 2007 Olympia. That shows you how difficult it is to make a decision, you can't decide between the two!  Others have said Wolf would have won had he been compared to Jay. It's all about personal opinion. The judges opinion was that it was very close, but Jay won.

Nothing has changed since bodybuilders first started competing. This board is full of discussions of whether Ray, Levrone etc. should have won. In 3 or 4 years time, the argument will be Heath and Wolf, while  Narc and Hulkster will still be trying to prove who was the best between Ronnie and Dorian

I've suggested a change to the posedown which would have them beating the crap out of each other with the last man standing declared the winner. That way there would be no argument from the fans as to who the rightful winner is. Not sure if it will be implemented this year though.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 03:49:22 PM »

Joe doesnt have to coerce the judges to fall in line , he can however have his preference known to them.Who knows

You are aware that he sold his interests in the magazines and has no involvement in them anymore?

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 03:53:51 PM »
Its fine when a bb changes publication or supplement contracts. However, I hate it when they say "X is the only magazine/supplement I have ever used" when they were signed with "Y" for years.  ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 08:33:44 PM »

I don't know who was behind the plot to kill JFK, but I do know that Hillary Clinton was instrumental in the death of JFK, Jr.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 08:55:43 PM »
Ok if you say so

Riddle me this though , the same judges judge most of the shows  - why then do these self same judges have diffrent criteria at different shows ??

We all know the O favours Big mass monsters , the arnold lead more towards the symmetrical guys and the smaller shows , each 1 seems to have a different set of tatses from the judging panel - yet its always the same judges.My point is why then always different shows are judged differently yet the judges are the same

You may want to rethink your comment on the Olympia vs ASC winners...In almost every instance, the ONLY difference has been the absence of the Olympia winner....Whewn Ronnie went in he won, if Jay went in this year, he would most likely win...Dexter wins when the top two arent in the show....Cormier (known for his aestetics) never won an ASC title.

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 10:00:48 PM »
I better see an improvement in your handwriting by the end of the semester son!!!

Huh?

The spelling mistake?
CD
M&F & FLEX

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 09:28:09 AM »

Still no info on how much this 'contract' is worth?

This news is worthless.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2008, 09:36:25 AM »
Still no info on how much this 'contract' is worth?

This news is worthless.

3 protein bars......
HAHA, RON.....

scribbler

• Getbig II
  • whatever
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2008, 10:12:10 PM »
3 protein bars......

It was actually 4 :-)
CD
M&F & FLEX

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 10:53:21 PM »
You are aware that he sold his interests in the magazines and has no involvement in them anymore?

almost half a decade agos news ? This im aware of

At the end of the day , weider created flex and whatever else - its his brainchild , and though he may have sold it to AMI im sure he`s given some say as to what goes on surely?

Like when Blechman wanted to buy Flex from  AMI - Pecker said that he couldnt sell flex or M&F by itself because of a deal he made with arnold (who was no longer involved at that time).So if arnold has some stroke , what stroke would weider have?

But in any case , be it whomever , Joe or Pecker or whoever ....someone is having a say in not letting MD take the O title.Do remember that Pecker wasinsulted directly by MD

You may want to rethink your comment on the Olympia vs ASC winners...In almost every instance, the ONLY difference has been the absence of the Olympia winner....Whewn Ronnie went in he won, if Jay went in this year, he would most likely win...Dexter wins when the top two arent in the show....Cormier (known for his aestetics) never won an ASC title.

Id go along with that.

What of then the other shows ? Id sure love to get Darrem Charles in here to talk about about the disparity of placings in other shows vs the Olympia

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2008, 12:25:42 AM »

At the end of the day , weider created flex and whatever else - its his brainchild , and though he may have sold it to AMI im sure he`s given some say as to what goes on surely?

"As far as I'm ware he has no input into the editorial content of the magazines. Scribbler could confirm this?

Like when Blechman wanted to buy Flex from  AMI - Pecker said that he couldnt sell flex or M&F by itself because of a deal he made with arnold (who was no longer involved at that time).So if arnold has some stroke , what stroke would weider have?

Can you provide a reference to this deal that prevented the sale? If true there is nothing unusual in certain conditions being included in a business contract but that has nothing to do with the discussion here which is about influencing the decision of shows.

But in any case , be it whomever , Joe or Pecker or whoever ....someone is having a say in not letting MD take the O title.Do remember that Pecker wasinsulted directly by MD

If that were the case, why would they allow an MD athlete to win the AC? There is no closer bond in the bodybuilding world as there is between Joe and Arnold so surely it would seem logical that if there was an influence at force, it would be at both shows?

Until someone can come up with an objective method of judging shows then it will always be open for the claims of fixing, buying and having to pay your dues for a title will to continue

The fact is. Nobody has ever stepped forward to offer any proof that a show was fixed by some means and Ronnie wasn't paying his dues while he struggled to place in the top 15 at shows. He was in the gym improving. Nobody said "Hey, Ronnie has been around a while, let's let him win one"

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 12:55:46 AM »

Hey Kevin,

According to Hulkster, Dorian Yates was the most overrated bodybuilder of all-time and that he did not even deserve to win the 1993 Mr. Olympia. He also claims that your 1993 B&W shots were very technically sound and were enhanced by "shadows and lighting" to improve Dorian's look. Essentially he claims that he knows more about photography than you. Oh yes, Dorian only won because of politics too BTW.
Team Yates

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2008, 07:10:07 AM »
Hey Kevin,

According to Hulkster, Dorian Yates was the most overrated bodybuilder of all-time and that he did not even deserve to win the 1993 Mr. Olympia. He also claims that your 1993 B&W shots were very technically sound and were enhanced by "shadows and lighting" to improve Dorian's look. Essentially he claims that he knows more about photography than you. Oh yes, Dorian only won because of politics too BTW.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Narcissistic and Hulksters "Truce" thread will no doubt go on for longer than either Dorian or Ronnie reigned as champions.

100% of photos are created by light and the vast majority of them have shadows. Without the first you get a black print, without the second you get little indication of form. Personally I don't like that series of shots. Time constraints and the low ceilings dictated how the first ones were lit in 92. As the sole intention of the 93 ones was to show the change since 92, the lighting was the same. From a technical viewpoint I think they're crap. I could - and did - a much better job of "enhancing"  his physique. One day I'll get round to scanning them. I'll wait till the "Truce" argument looks like having run it's course, then add them to the thread. That should get things going. Dorian shredded at 283. It's the closest we can get to knowing what Dorian would have looked had he not had to retire due to injuries. Dorian never brought his best physique to the stage. He was at his best 2-3 weeks out.

Personally I can't see the point in arguing who was the best out of the two when most people can't even decide which year either of them was at their best!

If Clinton and Obama are on the judging panel at the Olympia then I'll accept that politics play a role in the decision.

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 02:31:10 PM »
MD is losing all the pro's,,, they are only gonna have a bunch of amatures or 1 or 2 top teir pro's. its a pity i like MD
there's no magic pills... just needles