Author Topic: PDI has been canceled for ever  (Read 5421 times)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Re: PDI has been canceled for ever
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 10:34:16 AM »
Didnt see that coming ... ::)

When 'Rhino' is in your top ten, then that might be a 'sign' that your BB federation is a little short on 'talent'

;D

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 11:10:38 AM »
Is Rhino making the big bucks now?

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 11:14:37 AM »
The PDI's biggest flaw was probably a mis-analysis of the personality types of pro bodybuilders.

In any other sport, the pros wouldn't stand for prize money increases smaller than the cost of living, or many of the other things they complain about.  In EVERY other sport, they unionize to protect themselves.  Pro BBers do not.  So they'll continue to get exactly what they get.

IMO, if pro BBers had created a union when the PDI formed, they could have leveraged some longterm amicable agreements which could have helped them in the long run, using the PDI as the other party they could all go to.  instead, they stayed fractured.

We know the company toolbox will attribute it to "PDI sucks!" but it's really the failut of the athletes.  They had someone offering them the leverage to unite and gain all the rights they complain they don't have.  They just weren't smart enough to realize it ;)

Did Wayne pay you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 11:16:43 AM »
Did Wayne pay you?

you are silent for months.  then you log on for a PDI-bash thread.

I wonder whose gimmick you are.  Sorry, gimmicks don't warrant responses, do they?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2008, 11:18:30 AM »
PDI failed because they didn't have a website!  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2008, 11:23:19 AM »
But I thought Sami could easily beat any top 10 IFBB Olympia competitor on stage any day of the week? ::)

Are you saying that the only way Sami can clean up on the Olympia stage is with the aid of a mop and a slop bucket, Panda?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 11:24:31 AM »
PDI failed because they didn't have a website!  :D

http://nocbodybuilding.com/tickets.htm

Prayers with Wayne.. I haven't heard from him a bit.  Battling cancer.  Very sad.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »
A lot of the failure of the PDI rests squarely on the shoulders of "those in the know".

If they didn't approach the boards about how the PDI was going to sink the IFBB and proclaiming DeMillionaire the force behind all the greatness of bodybuilding single handedly the line in the sand wouldn't have been drawn so deep and so fast and it wouldn't have been such a polarized subject.  You guys made it PDI vs IFBB more then anything else, before the rest of us even knew what the PDI was even really about.  You should have been saying the things about the PDI that you are now back then and maybe people would have at least listened, instead you made it a war on here and elsewhere.

Were you singularly handed responsible, NO, but you were a direct cause.  I hope Wayne sends you all his appreciation of your branding of his hard work, you sure deserve something
Now pat yourself on the back, say you did a good job and blame the IFBB spin team entirely while looking at yourself in the mirror.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2008, 11:28:55 AM »
you are silent for months.  then you log on for a PDI-bash thread.

I wonder whose gimmick you are.  Sorry, gimmicks don't warrant responses, do they?

You work very hard with PDI. I'm just concerned if you got paid or not. Why all the negative font? ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 11:34:32 AM »
You work very hard with PDI. I'm just concerned if you got paid or not. Why all the negative font? ???

I'm good.  I appreciate the good wishes, though!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2008, 11:59:13 AM »
The PDI's biggest flaw was probably a mis-analysis of the personality types of pro bodybuilders.

In any other sport, the pros wouldn't stand for prize money increases smaller than the cost of living, or many of the other things they complain about.  In EVERY other sport, they unionize to protect themselves.  Pro BBers do not.  So they'll continue to get exactly what they get.

IMO, if pro BBers had created a union when the PDI formed, they could have leveraged some longterm amicable agreements which could have helped them in the long run, using the PDI as the other party they could all go to.  instead, they stayed fractured.

We know the company toolbox will attribute it to "PDI sucks!" but it's really the failut of the athletes.  They had someone offering them the leverage to unite and gain all the rights they complain they don't have.  They just weren't smart enough to realize it ;)

A union won't work, in my opinion, because the IFBB isn't the one shelling out the big $$$$$$. It's the supplement companies. They're the ones paying the six-figure salaries to the bodybuilders. Since you don't even need to be an IFBB pro to get signed by one, a union has little-to-no leverage. Besides, IFBB pros are quickly replaced. You will recall that 10 of the 13 guys that joined the WBF, years ago, were well-known and successful IFBB pros. When they jumped ship, other established pros (or new ones) stepped in and filled the void. The Matarazzos, Levrones and Yates' replaced the Strydoms, Christians, and M. Quinns of the pro scene.

Remember how MuscleTech started growing into the giant it is today. They initially featured one guy, working his way up to the pro ranks. It was following Greg Kovacs' journey to winning the Canadian Nationals that helped turn MuscleTech from a small company with a mere three supplements into the much loved/hated supplement empire that stands now. Mat Duvall, Idrise Ward-El, Mike Platz, Mike Dragna and Jeramy Freeman are just a few of the guys, who got signed as "amateurs" and won their pro cards and won them while on MuscleTech's payroll.

The same thing happened back in the day with popular amateurs from the early 90s. Dennis Newman and Paul DeMayo had deals before they turned pro (Parillo Performance and MET-Rx, respectively). In fact, some bodybuilders have more financial success chasing their pro cards, than they do once they get them and compete in the IFBB (i.e. Chris Cook). Before they won the USA and Nationals in 1994, Newman and DeMayo were making covers left and right, and appearing on bodybuilding shows like American Muscle on a regular basis. I don't see how a union of IFBB pros stops that from happening.

Let's not forget about the guys who worked their way up the ranks, over the years. Ronnie Coleman turned pro somewhat inconspicuously (winning his class at the Universe), went for years without a contract, then signed with MET-Rx, followed by Weider, and finally by BSN. Of course, he won 8 Olympias and several other pro shows, along the way. But, he wasn't exactly a guy, pegged to dominate the pro ranks as were his contemporaries (Wheeler, Levrone, Ray, etc.).

Same goes for Darrem Charles. Looking at how often we see him in ads in recent years, it's easy to forget that he turned pro in 1992 but didn't get a contract of any sort until 2000 (with Weider) and didn't win his first show until 2002. He worked through the ranks and now, with his MuscleTech contract, he's doing quite well.

You need leverage for a union to be successful. Where such would originate, I don't know. You can be a professional bodybuilder WITHOUT having an IFBB pro card. Even if you have one, you don't have to be successful on the IFBB stage, to rake in the cash. Freeman has been/was with MuscleTech for nearly a decade; and he's hasn't come close to winnng a pro show. Duval has been/was with MuscleTech for about 8 years, with little success on the pro stage.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2008, 12:00:27 PM »
PDI federation has been canceled due bankrupticy problems , now all the athletes who were participating in this federation will stay at home  eat pizza and junk food  ... cause already  all of them were suspended from the IFBB.

special massage for sami : what are u gonna do right now ?? u are suspended from the IFBB and the federation that u were participating in has been canceled ?? are u gonna expand your appearances in GAY sites ?? or u will participate in naked sick shows ? or u will try to use all your extra time trying to be a better dad for your family .

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!

"Armed with only a thong"
HAHA, RON.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2008, 12:02:24 PM »

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA!

"Armed with only a thong"

the thong is the shield of the bodybuilding warrior.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2008, 12:05:48 PM »
the thong is the shield of the bodybuilding warrior.

Yes, except some of them don't let it get in the way when the other guy is thrusting :-\

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »
Are you going to try to join the IFBB? Those shows you are entering all suck.

Well....... me and ALI AMINI working on that matter and thats why i am going to the Arnolds next month to meet some people there.... BUT if it didnt work out then the shows been listed is my shows for 2008 with some more on the way waitting for it to be confirmed...but i wont stay at home doing nothing ;D

PANDAEMONIUM :  what i do for living?!!!  mmmm dose it bother u when i say i am a pro bodybuilder?  :D

well i work with GOYs back home (Bahrain) and its a goverment company (Ministry of the sport) pays well...i work from 7am-2pm then i do my personal training 5days a week 4pm-8pm and it pays well too...so thats how i make my living.... :-* :-* :-*
~ The Black Smith ~

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 08:21:31 PM »
http://nocbodybuilding.com/tickets.htm

Prayers with Wayne.. I haven't heard from him a bit.  Battling cancer.  Very sad.

Wayne is hanging in there and doing well last I heard.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 08:28:37 PM »
Are you saying that the only way Sami can clean up on the Olympia stage is with the aid of a mop and a slop bucket, Panda?

haha...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 08:43:50 PM »
A lot of the failure of the PDI rests squarely on the shoulders of "those in the know".

If they didn't approach the boards about how the PDI was going to sink the IFBB and proclaiming DeMillionaire the force behind all the greatness of bodybuilding single handedly the line in the sand wouldn't have been drawn so deep and so fast and it wouldn't have been such a polarized subject.  You guys made it PDI vs IFBB more then anything else, before the rest of us even knew what the PDI was even really about.  You should have been saying the things about the PDI that you are now back then and maybe people would have at least listened, instead you made it a war on here and elsewhere.

Were you singularly handed responsible, NO, but you were a direct cause.  I hope Wayne sends you all his appreciation of your branding of his hard work, you sure deserve something
Now pat yourself on the back, say you did a good job and blame the IFBB spin team entirely while looking at yourself in the mirror.

LOL!  Getbig brought down the PDI!  :D

Like the IFBB attack dogs wouldn't have gone into a feeding frenzy anyway even if the initials "PDI" had never been mentined on the boards.  ::) ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 08:45:41 PM »
http://nocbodybuilding.com/tickets.htm.

Good job with the "@yahoo" address!

I just ordered my NOC tickets.   When can I expect them to arrive?  :D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2008, 09:48:46 PM »
PDI federation has been canceled due bankrupticy problems , now all the athletes who were participating in this federation will stay at home  eat pizza and junk food  ... cause already  all of them were suspended from the IFBB.

special massage for sami : what are u gonna do right now ?? u are suspended from the IFBB and the federation that u were participating in has been canceled ?? are u gonna expand your appearances in GAY sites ?? or u will participate in naked sick shows ? or u will try to use all your extra time trying to be a better dad for your family .

What will happen to Jack "London is Burning" London?
As empty as paradise

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2008, 09:50:06 PM »
What will happen to Jack "London is Burning" London?

He can go back to being a cubicle-jockey who wants everyone to think he's an executive.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2008, 09:53:32 PM »

Good job with the "@yahoo" address!

HAHA, just noticed that.  Pathetic.  And "they" wonder why everyone thinks they're a joke.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2008, 09:56:30 PM »
Sami if you do the universe are you in nthe classes or in the pro division

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2008, 10:02:11 PM »

I guess you missed the unit on punctuation in high school English class?

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2008, 10:08:01 PM »

they told me i cant be with the Classes... so it will be with the pro division
~ The Black Smith ~