Author Topic: King Kamali 5 weeks out from the Ironman  (Read 31768 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: King Kamali 5 weeks out from the Ironman
« Reply #175 on: January 30, 2008, 10:13:49 PM »

Must have respect for the King.   This may be his last pro show.   He started at the Ironman, where he palced 3rd, and might finish here.

Top five.... this one is going to be difficult!

joelocal

« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2008, 10:14:52 PM »
Ya called REALITY.

Hope that helps.

:-*

Meaning you REALLY know the outcome?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2008, 10:16:07 PM »
Must have respect for the King.   This may be his last pro show.   He started at the Ironman, where he palced 3rd, and might finish here.

Why do you say this may be his last show?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2008, 10:17:23 PM »
Meaning you REALLY know the outcome?
reality as in stevie wonder can see king won't be top five in this line up.

Will you be at the Fit Expo again?
Elevate Your Image.™

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2008, 10:20:34 PM »
Why do you say this may be his last show?

I didnt say it will be his last pro show, but it may.  Then again, it may not.  King must have a respectable placing at the Ironman. If he makes the top 5, then most likely, he will get an invite for the Arnold. If he doesnt, and not make even the top 8, King has to seriously think about his future and more.  Just my opinion. 

joelocal

« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2008, 10:22:10 PM »
reality as in stevie wonder can see king won't be top five in this line up.

Will you be at the Fit Expo again?

Yes, Lori and I will be there.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2008, 10:34:42 PM »

I didnt say it will be his last pro show, but it may.  Then again, it may not.  King must have a respectable placing at the Ironman. If he makes the top 5, then most likely, he will get an invite for the Arnold. If he doesnt, and not make even the top 8, King has to seriously think about his future and more.  Just my opinion. 

I quoted you correctly and said "may". Remember that there are plenty of guys how never win or place that high who still make money with endorements and guest posings. It has a lot to do with popularity and that has something to do with how well you treat your fans. I'm sure King was let go from his Muscletech contract because of his placings, but the funny thing is other than Jay, King was by far the most popular and sought after guy at the MT booth at last years AC. Same thing happened at the Montreal show. People were waiting at the back door waiting to get their pic taken with him. No matter how tired or hungry King is I have never seen him turn down anyone or be impolite about getting a pic taken and he has NEVER charged for an autograph and he even hands out free pics. Anyway, I'm sure King's future will be OK.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2008, 11:08:31 PM »
I quoted you correctly and said "may". Remember that there are plenty of guys how never win or place that high who still make money with endorements and guest posings. It has a lot to do with popularity and that has something to do with how well you treat your fans. I'm sure King was let go from his Muscletech contract because of his placings he really, really sucks as a bodybuilder...

fixed
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2008, 11:09:38 PM »

Even the Ronster knows it's over for Shari!  The fat lady's singing, King...
Ron: "I am lazy."

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2008, 01:56:51 AM »
King is not going to win the Mr Olympia anytime soon (but he damm sure has built a respectable physique)

he is not the POS that some people here try to make him out to be

really?...actually he made POS his middle name by abusing everyone that dared criticise him here at GB WAAAAYY before the members got sick of his physique.

He and Chick made right tools of themselves in fact. He was a POS then and now is a POS with a POS physique.

and man is he a dumb ass too!...makes chick look like steven hawking.... yes he has all the goods...lol..

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2008, 03:34:27 AM »
King will make the top 25 in the Ironman no doubt about it.

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
  • I RUN THIS PLACE,GET USED TO IT!!
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2008, 08:38:42 AM »
Kamali looks like a pile of dog shit, he should have his procard revoked!

Arkadius

• Getbig III
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2008, 08:50:17 AM »
 :)
R.I.P. Michael

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2008, 08:53:20 AM »

Trust me, its NOT his last pro show...  wtf????

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2008, 08:55:42 AM »
King will make the top 25 in the Ironman no doubt about it.
post a picture of yourself looking better than this.

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2008, 08:57:54 AM »
Kamali looks like a marshmellow, wouldn't want that physique if it was handed to me.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2008, 08:59:58 AM »
Kamali looks like a marshmellow, wouldn't want that physique if it was handed to me.
hahahahhaa, another big talker, shit if you wouldn't take that physique you must look absolutely unreal, post your picture, let's have a look.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2008, 09:05:06 AM »
hahahahhaa, another big talker, shit if you wouldn't take that physique you must look absolutely unreal, post your picture, let's have a look.

your argument doesn't make any sense

every Sunday we critique/complain about NFL athletes does that mean that are suppose to be better than them at football?  ::)

same goes for most things in life..

by your argument a coach is suppose to be the best player around?

Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2008, 09:06:37 AM »
Squad, they are comparing King to his peers..why does he have to look better than him?
Here comes the money shot

Lifter4Life

• Getbig III
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2008, 09:07:41 AM »
Wouldn't want to look like most of the pros today, too big and bloated. If i was willing to stay on drugs all year i could probably get huge but i wouldn't compromise my health and I wouldn't want the big and bloated look which all pros have. Arnold had great symmetry. The guys today are marshmellows with the exception for some at contest time if they manage to get shredded which alot seem to have problem with. Sorry no pics for you to wank too.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2008, 09:08:01 AM »

Bodybuilding is not for everyone
The Number 2 in Scranton

Robert_Lopez

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2008, 10:07:07 AM »
Wow it amazes me, I can't believe some people are on this board ( but then again it doesn't suprise  me ) saying " bodybuilders are too big" wtf? That's what most of us "true" bodybuilders strived for from the moment we picked up our first weights, to be big!! I don't know of ANY competitor that had in his mind that he wanted to compete that said " I just want to be shapely, Are you kidding me!!

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2008, 10:15:03 AM »
Wow it amazes me, I can't believe some people are on this board ( but then again it doesn't suprise  me ) saying " bodybuilders are too big" wtf? That's what most of us "true" bodybuilders strived for from the moment we picked up our first weights, to be big!! I don't know of ANY competitor that had in his mind that he wanted to compete that said " I just want to be shapely, Are you kidding me!!

Maybe..but I think a lot of people here are naturals and also prefer the 'pumping iron' era physiques. Some people like bodybuilding but aren't warped and conditioned into thinking the physiques of modern pros - with their  deformed oil/water/ synthetic drug muscles and painfully swollen guts and enlarged organs and intestines - look good or in any way inspirational. Now, when you consider that KK isn't even a good example of this sub-strain of freaks then criticism is perfectly valid. He looks terrible by the modern standards and criteria by which bodybuilders are judged (usually by people without physiques like theirs) and he has a terrible attitude on the internet, which is the medium we're all using.
O

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2008, 10:38:17 AM »

hahahaha, exactly.....

Robert_Lopez

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2008, 12:13:39 PM »
Truegrit,I understand what you are saying about naturals, pumping iron era, but guess what, the "Pummping Iron era" guys where BIG!!! My point is ANY " competitive " bodybuilder, his goal was to be as big he couldv'e possibly be , natural or not. How you end up is based on your structure or genetics, Whether your on hormones or not. Not 1 "competitive bodybuilder goes through all that pain that it takes to be in contest shape with the mindset, " hey I wanna stay small".