Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman Admits he couldn't beat Dorian Yates  (Read 18200 times)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
Re: Ronnie Coleman Admits he couldn't beat Dorian Yates
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2008, 08:06:40 PM »
LOL, you guys actually believe that yates would of kept on winning after 97' because Ronnie said so even though yates had 3 major injuries? The majority of people think that yates lost in 97, but because Ronnie says dorian would of kept on winning, you guys believe it even though you guys think yates should of lost? LOL, this shyt will never end with you morons.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2008, 08:25:11 PM »
Hulkster, stop sucking ronnie's dick already it's getting sad.

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2008, 08:40:52 PM »
Another GBer posted this and it is part of what I wanted to point out in this post:
"ronnie would appear arrogant if he said otherwise in my opinion, very disrespectful. ronnie usually says great things about his competition. still just ronnies opinion like mcdoughs and the others, the quotes are useless, the pics are use full."

Ronnie has always been this way when asked
such questions. Here he is asked the same question
in 2001 and says Arnold, Haney and Yates all would
have beaten him in their primes.

5. Q. This is my last question for you Ronnie, and it's quite "hypothetical" but I believe it is a good one. Let's say that it would be possible to have a bodybuilding contest where the only competitors would be you, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lee Haney, and Dorian Yates, and all of you in their prime condition. Who do you believe would win?

R.C. Come on now, this is the age of Ronnie Coleman who else would win... but I couldn't have beat them in their hey days.

Link http://creditplushealth.org/health%20education%20content/ronnie%20coleman%20beating%20arnold.htm

As far as him entering the Arnold in 2009, I hope someone close to him
encourages him not too. I'm afraid that age and injuries have made him beyond repair.
He can't even do a back lat spread anymore I'm afraid to say.
Check it out...It's only a minute long.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2008, 08:42:53 PM »
I love how the nuthuggers are all freaking out as if one quote from Ronnie (about politics) can erase the fact that dorian in his 1997 form would be KILLED by Ronnie 98 without even so much as a second thought.

I mean, honestly: ::)

typically, ND and Co. rely on QUOTES ONLY that are totally PROVEN WRONG BY REALITY:

PLEASE tell me you are not stupid enough to agree that dorian in his 97 torn up shape could have won against Ronnie 98.

please.

this is a stupid thread, just like the truce thread, because once again, real life visuals don't mean anything according to ND.

thats why he ran away from the truce thread.

Quotes are useless when real life shows otherwise:

97 dorian vs 98 Ronnie.

end of thread:

Resolved.

Hulkster has beaten ND like a red headed step child more times than I can remember.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2008, 09:12:10 PM »
Another GBer posted this and it is part of what I wanted to point out in this post:
"ronnie would appear arrogant if he said otherwise in my opinion, very disrespectful. ronnie usually says great things about his competition. still just ronnies opinion like mcdoughs and the others, the quotes are useless, the pics are use full."

5. Q. This is my last question for you Ronnie, and it's quite "hypothetical" but I believe it is a good one. Let's say that it would be possible to have a bodybuilding contest where the only competitors would be you, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lee Haney, and Dorian Yates, and all of you in their prime condition. Who do you believe would win?

R.C. Come on now, this is the age of Ronnie Coleman who else would win... but I couldn't have beat them in their hey days.

Link http://creditplushealth.org/health%20education%20content/ronnie%20coleman%20beating%20arnold.htm

encourages him not too. I'm afraid that age and injuries have made him beyond repair.

It's like yates saying that if Lee Haney decided to continue, he would of kept on winning. Everyone knows Lee barely won in 91' and that was his last Mr. Olympia that he could of won. There is no way Lee would of won in 92, 93 and on. Same shyt goes for yates. There is no way yates would of won in 98, 99 and on with all of those major injuries.

It's quite sad to see him with injuries, but like you said, someone close to him should tell him to call it quits. I just don't know why he can't hit the full latspread anymore. Does the muscle hurt or the muscle just doesn't react?

street

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2008, 10:13:46 PM »
The thing I don't get is Hulk showing a pic of yates absolutely dwarfing ray as a defence (go hulk but i think your running out of argument). This is a hypothetical it implies yates would have recovered from his injuries and competed,back then he couldn't but with todays surgery he could have.Pictures do not do Yates justice video is very different.

In 98 coleman was only 250lb Yates would be 260+ and so bloody hard.Coleman in 1999 was near perfect after 2000 he got big but never really hit a overall peak again he would get his glutes and hams in but not his back.
I would like to see yates with his pulled in rear double bi up against colemans wide lates on video, now that would be something to argue about .

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2008, 10:14:24 PM »
The only way to be a 6,7,8 time Mr. Olympia in the face of great competition (Haney doesn't count, he faced midgets) is to end up destroying your body. It's the only way you can stay on top, to keep pushing the limits until you break.
Team Yates

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2008, 12:00:36 AM »
This thread has potential!

What is the name of the woman in your avatar please?

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2008, 01:00:55 AM »
4. A lot of people say that you are the only pro bodybuilder that could go head to head with Ronnie Coleman.  Like him, you were the only other to be able to gain so much mass in one year. What are your thoughts on this?

A. I get asked that question all the time, and I can’t really give an answer.  I have actually beaten Ronnie, but then he wasn’t at the stage he is now.  He is probably carrying more muscle than I did, but I feel I had better conditioning than him.  It would be close but that’s down to the judge’s decision as always.  All the things that we have in common – Lee Haney, Ronnie Coleman and myself – is that we are all stable mentally, training hard, not messing around partying.  You have to keep the focus and it’s usually the mind that is the deciding factor, over physical capabilities.

Yates on the topic.

All that proves is Ronnie Coleman is much more modest than Dorian Yates.  For Dorian to say that "it would be close" is delusional of him....maybe it would be close if he was in his 93 form but would not be close at all in his 97 form especially.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2008, 01:02:50 AM »

When was this taken? I'm assuming its a very recent guest posing?  He looks smaller and I was shocked at the lat spread....I honestly kept waiting thinking when is he going to flex his lats then at the end realized he was!  What can cause that?  Is it just by tears?  ???

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »
All that proves is Ronnie Coleman is much more modest than Dorian Yates.  For Dorian to say that "it would be close" is delusional of him....maybe it would be close if he was in his 93 form but would not be close at all in his 97 form especially.

Ronnie doesn't know a thing about modesty. What kind of modest man goes around claiming that his competitors are smoking crack, especially since Jay was damn close to beating Ronnie in 01 and 05 (maybe even 04 too)
Team Yates

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2008, 01:23:24 AM »
Ronnie doesn't know a thing about modesty. What kind of modest man goes around claiming that his competitors are smoking crack, especially since Jay was damn close to beating Ronnie in 01 and 05 (maybe even 04 too)

Ronnie is probably the most humble Mr. Olympia ever - it's already been quoted in this thread that he said he would not have been able to beat several past Mr. O's even though he and we all know he would have.  He also never made any strong predictions as to whether he would continue winning the Mr. Olympia or not.  As for those years you quoted, NONE of Ronnie's wins were nearly as contraversial as Dorian's 97 win.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2008, 01:26:32 AM »
When was this taken? I'm assuming its a very recent guest posing?  He looks smaller and I was shocked at the lat spread....I honestly kept waiting thinking when is he going to flex his lats then at the end realized he was!  What can cause that?  Is it just by tears?  ???

Well if it is nerve damage like people are saying, it seems pretty serious. It appears as if his whole left side of his back has seazed up and cannot flex. I mean it looked like he didn't even finish the pose, but I'm pretty sure he did. Hopefully the break he takes this year will fix things up for him.
No doubt about it...

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2008, 01:27:51 AM »
Well if it is nerve damage like people are saying, it seems pretty serious. It appears as if his whole left side of his back has seazed up and cannot flex. I mean it looked like he didn't even finish the pose, but I'm pretty sure he did. Hopefully the break he takes this year will fix things up for him.

Was his lat spread anything like that at the 07 Mr. O?  :-\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2008, 01:35:13 AM »
Ronnie is probably the most humble Mr. Olympia ever - it's already been quoted in this thread that he said he would not have been able to beat several past Mr. O's even though he and we all know he would have.  He also never made any strong predictions as to whether he would continue winning the Mr. Olympia or not.  As for those years you quoted, NONE of Ronnie's wins were nearly as contraversial as Dorian's 97 win.

You're just like Hulkster a delusional fan boy , NONE of Ronnie wins were nearly controversial as 1997  ::) you played yourself with this garbage

bottom line Ronnie could have said a lot of things , he could have said " I'm not sure " or " its to hard to say " he said Special Ed : Ronnie of Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

Dorian Yates was a winning machine he beat Ronnie eight times Ronnie knows who the superior bodybuilder was , again he wouldn't entertain even hypothetically that there was even the slightest chance Jay Cutler could ever beat him , he said Jay is on crack to think he could ever beat him and he would be need to be reborn with better genetics to beat him , notice he never said this about Yates , for a reason.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2008, 01:37:06 AM »
Hulkster, stop sucking ronnie's dick already it's getting sad.

Great post !

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2008, 01:38:33 AM »
You don't know a god damn thing about real life visuals. Real life visuals means live and in person.

Your fear of Yates is brutally evident by how you stick to this thread defending your hero LOL.

You would hold a hell of a lot more credibility if you were actually at the show. Funny thing is, there were 2 members who posted in the Truce thread who saw both in their primes, both said Yates would win. One was at the 93O and 01ASC the other was at the 97 and 99O.

JohnnyTosh GetBig 12-20-07

Hulkster, I have one question for you? .... Were you there in Long Beach in 97?  Because I was.  AND I was there in 93 & 95 in Atlanta & 96 in Chicago.  It's been said a million times. Yates has a Thickness & density from every angle that had to be seen in person, and that NOBODY else had.

I think Milos is awesome. I would LOVE to have his body, but Yates smoked everybody in the totality of ALL poses.  From the side & from the back, yates crushed everybody.

Unless you were there, you cannot really say accurately.  BTW, Demilia gave me tickets right behind the judges every year.

Not flaming, but Yates reigned supreme.. YES. HIS GUT was sticking out in 97 & Nasser looked as good, or maybe a hair better from the front in 97, but when they turned to the side & rear, DORIAN ruled again.

lol Hulkster keeps getting bitch slapped at every turn lol

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2008, 01:38:55 AM »
You're just like Hulkster a delusional fan boy , NONE of Ronnie wins were nearly controversial as 1997  ::) you played yourself with this garbage

bottom line Ronnie could have said a lot of things , he could have said " I'm not sure " or " its to hard to say " he said Special Ed : Ronnie of Dorian competed in 1998 would you have smoked him?

Ronnie Coleman : NO I think he would have kept on winning as long as he competed I don't think he would have lost.

Dorian Yates was a winning machine he beat Ronnie eight times Ronnie knows who the superior bodybuilder was , again he wouldn't entertain even hypothetically that there was even the slightest chance Jay Cutler could ever beat him , he said Jay is on crack to think he could ever beat him and he would be need to be reborn with better genetics to beat him , notice he never said this about Yates , for a reason.

lol I'm not even going to get into this, arguing that Dorian Yates would have continued beating Ronnie from 98 onwards (and not recognizing Ronnie's obvious modesty over the question) is about as dumb as trying to argue that Nasser is broke!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2008, 01:41:24 AM »

YES. HIS GUT was sticking out in 97 & Nasser looked as good, or maybe a hair better from the front in 97

::)

Nasser ruled Dorian from the front FAR more than Dorian beat Nasser from the back in 97.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2008, 01:43:29 AM »
Was his lat spread anything like that at the 07 Mr. O?  :-\

It wasn't as bad, but there was something definietly wrong with it
No doubt about it...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2008, 01:51:00 AM »

Nasser ruled Dorian from the front FAR more than Dorian beat Nasser from the back in 97.

No he had a better ab-thigh and front double biceps , not front latspread oh and you forgot about the sides and the back , so nice try it doesn't matter .

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2008, 01:52:00 AM »
Damn.
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2008, 03:44:50 AM »
LOL, you guys actually believe that yates would of kept on winning after 97' because Ronnie said so even though yates had 3 major injuries? The majority of people think that yates lost in 97, but because Ronnie says dorian would of kept on winning, you guys believe it even though you guys think yates should of lost? LOL, this shyt will never end with you morons.

yeah, pretty stupid eh?

these guys have no visual evidence on their side in either videos or pics, on this or the truce thread.

we have quotes on both sides of the argument and all over the place in terms of who was in their best shape in a particular year.

yet these idiots are too damn stupid to realize that you can't pick and choose which quotes to accept just because they fit your side.

picking one quote over another is just as valid (thus, not valid at all in term of evaluating physiques - we have to go to real life to do that)

but these idiots are too damn stupid.

this thread and the truce thread should be posters for the benefits of a post secondary education. ND has none and its clear why.

the morons picking and choosing which quotes to accept and when don't seem to understand that you can't do that when you have quotes everywhere on both sides, and most importantly you prove yourselves WRONG when the particular quote you choose HAS NO VISUAL SUPPORT WHAT SO EVER!.

that is what is so crazy about all this.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2008, 03:45:53 AM »

lol a hair better?

ND is such a tool.

Nasser owned dorian from the front in 97.

so did Shawn ray.
Flower Boy Ran Away

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2008, 04:10:42 AM »
Shawn was nearly perfect.