Author Topic: Who uses an Electric Blanket?  (Read 8849 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Who uses an Electric Blanket?
« on: January 25, 2008, 02:21:15 PM »
One tried to kill me a long time ago so I hadn't used an EB in years but I just bought one.  So far..so good. 
R

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
Re: Who uses an Electric Blanket?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 04:26:08 PM »
I haven't used an electric blanket since before I got married.  I used to love them, though.
~

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 04:38:22 PM »
I heard a long time ago that they are bad for you...that they cause cancer or something like that...like everything else in the world.   ::)

Have they changed the way they are set up?  I haven't used one in probably 20 years but they are so warm and comfy.  LOL how did it try to kill you?

:)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »
I heard a long time ago that they are bad for you...that they cause cancer or something like that...like everything else in the world.   ::)

Have they changed the way they are set up?  I haven't used one in probably 20 years but they are so warm and comfy.  LOL how did it try to kill you?

I'm certain that there are additional safety features (automatic shutoff, etc.).  Mine never tried to kill me; it was one of the first in a very long line of things my wife dictated and I blindly obeyed.
~

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 05:18:59 PM »
I'm certain that there are additional safety features (automatic shutoff, etc.).  Mine never tried to kill me; it was one of the first in a very long line of things my wife dictated and I blindly obeyed.

You must be very happily married!  I just love it when a man finally discovers the key to a successful marriage  :)
w

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 06:05:04 PM »
The path of least resistance has its advantages.
~

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »

Don't pee the bed STella!! 

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 06:35:56 PM »
That would be such a humiliating way to die.
~

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 06:44:11 PM »
 LOL how did it try to kill you?

My friend had given me his old electric blanket when I still lived w/my mom.

One night I was dreaming I was in an old abandoned building that was being renovated and it smelled so bad and acrid like burning paint, etc.  I woke up and my throat and nose were burning and it was hard to breathe.  I opened my eyes and they started burning and watering down my face but I couldn't see anything.  I turned on my light and smoke was rolling off of my electric blanket!  I jumped up, opened my window and threw it out.  It landed on the roof of the garage so I climbed out there and threw it into the back yard.  Then I ran downstairs to make sure none of the house was on fire that it had touched.  I left it out in the backyard.

When I went back upstairs my mom came out of her bedroom and was standing there w/closed eyes and she groggily asked "What is going on?"  I said, "Pete tried to kill me."  She said "OK." and went back to bed lol

R

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 06:47:21 PM »
Quote from: STella link=topic=197135.msg2716288#msg2716288
date=1201299675
One tried to kill me a long time ago so I hadn't used an EB in years but I just bought one.  So far..so good. 

Stella:   I liked using them, but make sure it is a very well made one.  Check to see that it is *UL* listed, which means it has been inspected properly.   You also need to inpect the cord for safety..... :-X

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 06:52:23 PM »
Why use one when i have 4 "ponchos" made of llama wool. Straight from the "ALTIPLANO"

You girls should really get one of those, you cover yourself with just one and damn, its like the god damn sahara desert!

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 09:21:39 PM »
My friend had given me his old electric blanket when I still lived w/my mom and she kept the thermostat @ 62 degrees in the winter.

One night I was dreaming I was in an old abandoned building that was being renovated and it smelled so bad and acrid like burning paint, etc.  I woke up and my throat and nose were burning and it was hard to breathe.  I opened my eyes and they started burning and watering down my face but I couldn't see anything.  I turned on my light and smoke was rolling off of my electric blanket!  I jumped up, opened my window and threw it out.  It landed on the roof of the garage so I climbed out there and threw it into the back yard.  Then I ran downstairs to make sure none of the house was on fire that it had touched.  I left it out in the backyard.

When I went back upstairs my mom came out of her bedroom and was standing there w/closed eyes and she groggily asked "What is going on?"  I said, "Pete tried to kill me."  She said "OK." and went back to bed lol

OMG lol, that's horrible.  It is a funny story, and I assume it's funny for you now but probably not so much at the time!  That would make me not want an electric blanket ever again!!

:)

w8m8

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 05:32:52 AM »

When I went back upstairs my mom came out of her bedroom and was standing there w/closed eyes and she groggily asked "What is going on?"  I said, "Pete tried to kill me."  She said "OK." and went back to bed lol

ROFLMAO
I can visualize this

tooooo funny STella   ;D ;D

I sleep "on" one it's too heavy feeling to use as a blanket for me and it's so cozy to crawl into a nice warm bed  ;)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 06:36:16 AM »
It's always hot here in So Fl so we don't need em.  (I know Jag, you hate me.  ;D)
:D Weee

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 07:23:27 AM »
I used to until this:

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 07:33:01 PM »
It's always hot here in So Fl so we don't need em.  (I know Jag, you hate me.  ;D)

Hrmph, ...well, ...since you've been feeling under the weather, ...I won't hate on you too much, but I'm pissed, I could've gone to hot sunny Hollywood FL a couple weeks ago, but had to pass because the damn Cdn franchise show was taking place the same weekend, then my girlfriend who I hadn't seen in a few years wanted me to take off with her to the Bahamas the next weekend, but I had to pass then too. And now I'm really pissed. An old friend from Boston wants me to fly down to West Palm Beach mid Feb, and I have to pass, 'cause I've got 6 colleagues flying in from Miami & Chicago to be guest speakers at a huge event we've got going on up here in Toronto for my downline. Somehow this flexibility thing is not quite going how I wanted it to.
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 09:07:30 PM »
We use an electric mattress pad.  It has dual control so he can set his temperature and I can set mine.  We turn it on a few minutes before we go to bed... we turn off or respective switches just before getting into bed. When we get into bed it is warm and toasty.  We never sleep with it on.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 09:14:44 PM »
You all are missing the chance of your life: LLAMA WOOL PONCHOS.

Cheap - No risk to die - And they bring the heat of the sahara desert to your bed  ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 10:01:32 PM »
Personally, ...I prefer a hot man, and a soft chinchilla or sheered beaver blanket.  (Amy don't be mad)
w

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2008, 05:25:29 AM »
Personally, ...I prefer a hot man, and a soft chinchilla or sheered beaver blanket.  (Amy don't be mad)

wow arent those about to die? used to be a lot of those here, but not anymore

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 05:43:32 AM »
I use one.  no problems so far.
X

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 08:06:38 AM »
Why use one when i have 4 "ponchos" made of llama wool. Straight from the "ALTIPLANO"

You girls should really get one of those, you cover yourself with just one and damn, its like the god damn sahara desert!

did u skin it while it was alive?

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 08:22:12 AM »

did u skin it while it was alive?
neg :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 11:01:04 AM »
You all are missing the chance of your life: LLAMA WOOL PONCHOS.

Cheap - No risk to die - And they bring the heat of the sahara desert to your bed  ;D
benz, please post a pic of one when you get a chance.
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 11:27:32 AM »

Mad that you are a self serving person?

"Be a responsible steward of the earth Use MPG caps"

Why don't YOU be a responsible person and not promote an industry that is cruel and barbaric and for which their is no need for?   Maybe your "business" will come out with a fur alternative that you can push and you can make money with.

That is the second time you have said something like that and mentioned my name.  You need the attention that bad Judi? 

I think we get it Judi, you are a self promoting, hypocritical *****.