Author Topic: UFO issue on Larry King tonight.  (Read 6373 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: UFO issue on Larry King tonight.
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »
I've listened to an interview with one of the primary witnesses - the guy who saw the immense structured craft - and he seems pretty damn believable.   I grew up out in the sticks in Texas and I know alot of guys like this guy.  Just very no nonsense type people. 

Here's a link to the transcript:  http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1377&category=Environment

BTW - notice the list of military bases in the area at the end of the interview.

My first inclination would be that this is some type of very unconventional craft that belongs to us.   

If not then my second inclination would be that this thing was in that location not for the deer hunting but probably because of something going on at one of those bases (100% pure speculation but not without precedent)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 06:01:28 PM »
I've listened to an interview with one of the primary witnesses - the guy who saw the immense structured craft - and he seems pretty damn believable.   I grew up out in the sticks in Texas and I know alot of guys like this guy.  Just very no nonsense type people. 

ANd just as likely as anyone else to be confused by aircraft flares they've never seen before.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 06:06:18 PM »
ANd just as likely as anyone else to be confused by aircraft flares they've never seen before.

It's hard to confuse a giant metalic object with a flare - the guy in the link above saw this during the daylight, was right below it and couldn't see the edges.  Looked down then looked up again never took his eyes off it and it went from being over his head to being a mile away.   Also, this guy is a welder and looked at this thing through his rifle scope and couldn't see any seams, rivets, welding etc....  he said it looked like it was molded out of one piece.    All in all VERY weird and totally unconventional.    I think most likely this guy was being very honest and accurate in his descriptions.

Also, you'd think if the military had flares up that night or a bunch of planes then they could have handled the PR a LOT better. 

Something doesn't add up - IMO

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 06:08:32 PM »
It's hard to confuse a giant metalic object with a flare - the guy in the link above saw this during the daylight, was right below it and couldn't see the edges.  Looked down then looked up again and it went from being over his head to being a mile away.   Also, this guy is a welder and looked at this thing through his rifle scope and couldn't see any seams, rivets, welding etc....  he said it looked like it was molded out of one piece.    All in all VERY weird and totally unconventional.    I think most likely this guy was being very honest and accurate in his descriptions.

Also, you'd think if the military had flares up that night or a bunch of planes then they could have handled the PR a LOT better. 

Something doesn't add up - IMO

I didn't know the guy saw it in the daylight. 

the armed forces do not feel they have to do PR for the most part, so I'm not surprised that they did not come out and say what was going on. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 06:12:46 PM »
yep - saw this thing in broad daylight right over his head  - said it was so big that he couldn't see the edges. 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 06:14:28 PM »
yep - saw this thing in broad daylight right over his head  - said it was so big that he couldn't see the edges. 

Corrroborating witnesses?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 06:20:36 PM »
none that I know of for his particular sighting - but he's out in the middle of know where.

btw - link above has all the info

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 06:23:45 PM »
Corrroborating witnesses?

actually - not with the welder guy but other witnesses saw something similar heading in the direction where he had the sighting.

from the link above:

Even pilots were eyewitnesses and estimated unidentified lights moving at least 3,000 miles per hour.

One of those pilots is Steve Allen of Selden, Texas, not far from Glen Rose. Mr. Allen is owner of L & S Enterprises and Texas Freight in Glen Rose. It was Tuesday, January 8, about 6:15 PM when he noticed flashing, white lights about 3,500 feet above the ground. He told ABC network News that the lights formed a rectangle pattern that “spanned about a mile long and a half mile wide and the pattern was headed toward Stephenville at 3,000 miles per hour.”

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 06:48:24 PM »
U can launch those things anywhere and they wouldn't do it near any population centers....the AF was not very forthcoming when asked about the sigtings...they caused more problems then it was worth. They could have used ur answer....its unlikely but possible.
L

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 05:43:50 AM »
Aliens on the moon

http://www.ufocasebook.com/moon.html

below picture from mars

carpe` vaginum!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 07:25:15 AM »

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 07:28:25 AM »
carpe` vaginum!

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 10:07:07 PM »
This is like believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 10:27:30 PM »
This is like believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. ::)
what part?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 10:58:53 PM »
Believing that aliens are visiting Earth.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 11:16:52 PM »
Believing that aliens are visiting Earth.
::) You equate this to believing in Santa?  There's mountains of substantial material to review on UFOs and ET-Intelligence.  There are only parents telling their 5 year old that Santa is real.  What do you base your criticism on?  Sure there are loony people who make crazy cases, but they stand out as exactly that, crazy.  It doesn't change the credible material or make it impossible because some nut has a website with wild theories and hoaxed photos.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 11:23:12 PM »
What you believe to be credible material isn't credible material.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2008, 11:34:57 PM »

There is an abundance of credible evidence that something is going on.

To claim "alien" (or reject it)  is to draw a conclusion without sufficient evidence.

I would add to that list:  time travelers, inter-dimensional visitors, parallel universe, etc.... along with a whole bunch of stuff we haven't even thought of yet.   Heck they might even originate from earth but just stay concealed most of the time. 

IMO - there is simply not enough evidence to draw any conclusion other than that there is a geniune unidentified phenomena of some sort going on here.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2008, 11:35:28 PM »

example?  what part is not credible here?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=197776.0

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2008, 11:37:50 PM »
IMO - there is simply not enough evidence to draw any conclusion other than that there is a geniune unidentified phenomena of some sort going on here.
exactly, and this is why it's silly to relegate something credibly worth investigating to belief in Santa.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 12:06:20 AM »
Call me when you have the ET. Then we can talk.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 12:16:09 AM »
ET....phone.....Desolate .

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 12:27:53 AM »
Bad cell service over there in Alpha Centauri.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008, 12:41:25 AM »
Call me when you have the ET. Then we can talk.

that's a copout if I ever saw one.  You said there wasn't any credible material.  There is credible material such as the report I linked to.  So now you reduce it down to not credible until ET is paraded in Time Square. That's like saying nobody should be convicted of a crime unless it's caught on camera and confirmed by satelite surveillance.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008, 01:03:10 AM »
that's a copout if I ever saw one.  You said there wasn't any credible material.  There is credible material such as the report I linked to.

A report about lights in the sky?

You don't ask for much.