Author Topic: The State of the Union  (Read 3275 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
The State of the Union
« on: January 29, 2008, 01:41:10 PM »
It was swell speech that had me cheering.  A big thumbs up to the president as he battles terrorists all over the world....but mostly in Iraq.

And thank God that he is reigning in that spendthrift Congress.  I mean it's not like he's been asking for 100s of billions of dollars to fund the defense of America in Iraq....while cutting over a trillion dollars worth of taxes. 

That's the way to balance the national books!

And his little funny about people that actually give a damn about the fiscal state of our country was dead on:

"Some in Washington argue that letting tax relief expire is not a tax increase. Try explaining that to 116 million American taxpayers who would see their taxes rise by an average of $1,800. Others have said they would personally be happy to pay higher taxes. I welcome their enthusiasm. I'm pleased to report that the IRS accepts both checks and money orders." (Laughter and applause.)

Well, here's what I really thought:

Congress looked like a snakepit.  All plastic congressmen acting like everything's a-ok.  Cheering on the war criminal in chief and his litany of lies.

You can fool some of the people all of the time.  All of the the people some of the time.  But not all of the people all of the time.  Bush doesn't fool me.  I see him for what he is.  That goes for Congress too.  Nepotistic, incestuous, corrupt 'leaders' at their worst.

If only there were a flood of biblical proportions in that hall last night to cleanse the putrid filth that is the Bush Administration and the complicit Congress.

Oh well.  I guess this is where the weakness of a democracy lies:  the weak willed and weak minded go with the flow.  We, The Disappointing People, elect trash. 

And then we are miffed when that trash shows its game.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: The State of the Union
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 02:36:54 PM »

Regardless of his true feelings and intentions, I think it was definitely one of the best speeches he's ever given.  He looked and sounded very Presidential, and there was something in his speech for everyone. 

No matter what happens from here until the end, the speechwriters did a good job this time around.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 02:42:36 PM »
I liked the 18 billion in cuts.....getting rid of bullshit is what he should have been doing from the outset.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 03:01:50 PM »
I liked the lies about stopping nonexistent terrorist attacks:

"In the past six years, we've stopped numerous attacks, including a plot to fly a plane into the tallest building in Los Angeles and another to blow up passenger jets bound for America over the Atlantic."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 03:14:32 PM »
How do u know....I didn't realize u worked for the NSA/CIA/DIA/FBI/ATF/Customs..common.
L

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 04:11:21 PM »
It was swell speech that had me cheering.  A big thumbs up to the president as he battles terrorists all over the world....but mostly in Iraq.

And thank God that he is reigning in that spendthrift Congress.  I mean it's not like he's been asking for 100s of billions of dollars to fund the defense of America in Iraq....while cutting over a trillion dollars worth of taxes. 

That's the way to balance the national books!

And his little funny about people that actually give a damn about the fiscal state of our country was dead on:

"Some in Washington argue that letting tax relief expire is not a tax increase. Try explaining that to 116 million American taxpayers who would see their taxes rise by an average of $1,800. Others have said they would personally be happy to pay higher taxes. I welcome their enthusiasm. I'm pleased to report that the IRS accepts both checks and money orders." (Laughter and applause.)

Well, here's what I really thought:

Congress looked like a snakepit.  All plastic congressmen acting like everything's a-ok.  Cheering on the war criminal in chief and his litany of lies.

You can fool some of the people all of the time.  All of the the people some of the time.  But not all of the people all of the time.  Bush doesn't fool me.  I see him for what he is.  That goes for Congress too.  Nepotistic, incestuous, corrupt 'leaders' at their worst.

If only there were a flood of biblical proportions in that hall last night to cleanse the putrid filth that is the Bush Administration and the complicit Congress.

Oh well.  I guess this is where the weakness of a democracy lies:  the weak willed and weak minded go with the flow.  We, The Disappointing People, elect trash. 

And then we are miffed when that trash shows its game.

I can just imagine you pissing yourself out of anger over Bush doing so well.. ah hahahahahahhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 04:11:50 PM »
With 935 lies to his credit, i see him as a waste of planetary land mass.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 04:12:28 PM »

"In the past six years, we've stopped numerous attacks, including a plot to fly a plane into the tallest building in Los Angeles and another to blow up passenger jets bound for America over the Atlantic."

You liberals never fail.. everytime he says something you don't like it just HAS to be a lie.  Whatabuncha cry-babies.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 04:23:14 PM »
You liberals never fail.. everytime he says something you don't like it just HAS to be a lie.  Whatabuncha cry-babies.

Translation:  I enjoy Bush's ,"twig & Berries"... :-*

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 04:36:04 PM »
I can just imagine you pissing yourself out of anger over Bush doing so well.. ah hahahahahahhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a patriot. 

Bush is doing so well and you support the president. 

You're a hero. 

Why anyone looking at the president's accomplishments--650,000 dead in Iraq, felony spying on americans, torture, treasonous exposure of US spies, and on and on.

You're the essence of a hallowed american. 

You are a winner!

Just like the President.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 04:55:37 PM »
You're a patriot. 

Bush is doing so well and you support the president. 

You're a hero. 

Why anyone looking at the president's accomplishments--650,000 dead in Iraq, felony spying on americans, torture, treasonous exposure of US spies, and on and on.

You're the essence of a hallowed american. 

You are a winner!

Just like the President.

hahahaah... what a bunch of horse crap.

Never seen so much hatred cloud someone's judgment and pollute everything that pours out of their mouth.  Good job!! ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 05:05:50 PM »
Bush is not a good president. This can be stated rather objectively.
I hate the State.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 05:21:23 PM »
hahahaah... what a bunch of horse crap.

Never seen so much hatred cloud someone's judgment and pollute everything that pours out of their mouth.  Good job!! ;D
waaahhhh!  No one criticizes Big Daddy president Bush. 

You critics are all haters and nothing more.

There is no objective reality either...just spin.

Hate, hate, hate.

Apparently your perverse idea of presidential criticism is:

Bush is doing a good job or

Bush is doing a great job.

Mind you, I'm paraphrasing.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 05:33:03 PM »

Wrong... he is not a popular president.  As far as good is concerned I would give him a "B."

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 05:35:10 PM »
waaahhhh!  No one criticizes Big Daddy president Bush. 

You critics are all haters and nothing more.

At least you live up to the reputation of an over-emotional, illogical, and vindictive leftist.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 05:37:17 PM »
"pixybulldog"

Mr Rork called, he says you're needed back on  "Fantasy Island"

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 05:39:16 PM »
At least you live up to the reputation of an over-emotional, illogical, and vindictive leftist.

You're the one that sounds emotional.

And stupid by lack of facts. :-\

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 05:50:16 PM »

Your sadly mistaken if you think that!

Haha, gebus you have no idea ofhow radical the religion of Islam is.

Anyways Decker's post was good analysis.

The exchange of eduction benefits to the soldier's  women and children?

Should have been enacted long ago, if they have "credit" then they should use it as they se fit.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »

Bush is to blame for Hillary's rise to power this year.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 06:02:40 PM »

You're the one that sounds emotional.

And stupid by lack of facts. :-\

Translation:  I enjoy Bush's ,"twig & Berries"... :-*

Irony :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 06:39:46 PM »

I would love to have an intelligent debate with you but you're just too stupid.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 07:20:41 PM »
How do u know....I didn't realize u worked for the NSA/CIA/DIA/FBI/ATF/Customs..common.

HH - this is OLD NEWS:

The Alleged Liberty Tower Plot

On Feb. 10, 2006, the LA Times quoted a "US official familiar with the operational aspects of the war on terrorism," who said that "the Library Tower plot was one of many Al Qaeda operations that had not gone much past the conceptual stage….The official spoke on the condition of anonymity, saying that those familiar with the plot feared political retaliation for providing a different characterization of the plan that that of the president."

Michael Scheuer, an al Qaeda expert in the CIA's counter-terrorism center, told the Voice of America: "This doesn't sound like anything that I would recall as a major threat, or as a major success in stopping it….My impression [was that the National Security Council] culled through information to look for something that resembled a serious threat in 2002. It doesn't strike me, either as someone who was there or as someone who has followed al Qaeda pretty closely, that this was really a serious sort of effort."

A February 10, 2006 Washington Post story cited "several U.S. intelligence officials" who "said there is deep disagreement within the intelligence community over the seriousness of the Library Tower scheme and whether it was ever much more than talk."

A February 10, 2006, New York Daily News story cited one senior counterterrorism official who said: "There was no definitive plot. It never materialized or got past the thought stage."

The so called Liquid Bomb Plot in the UK

Craig Murray, former British Ambassador to Uzbekistan, summed this case up well:

"None of the alleged terrorists had made a bomb. None had bought a plane ticket. Many did not even have passports, which given the efficiency of the UK Passport Agency would mean they couldn't be a plane bomber for quite some time.  Let's not forgot - the premise of simply mixing two liquids to make a bomb is completely unfeasible to do in a airplane bathroom or really anywhere outside of a very controlled environment. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 07:26:01 PM »
U can just about forget any of this crap...the folks who deal with this stuff, they guys who do real anti terror stuff are not going to release info like this. Its all smoke and mirrors while they get a handle on whats going on. A few facts to shut everybody up..or get them talking. SOF units and the guys tasked with combatting these guys play by different rules. Its not CT stuff...i've seen it. U can look at books that deal with the run up to the Iraq invasion, from a SOF standpoint, its all in there...compare that to what was reported on the news. Besides these guys have to track down every lead and try and figure out whats a threat.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 07:29:11 PM »
U can just about forget any of this crap...the folks who deal with this stuff, they guys who do real anti terror stuff are not going to release info like this. Its all smoke and mirrors while they get a handle on whats going on. A few facts to shut everybody up..or get them talking. SOF units and the guys tasked with combatting these guys play by different rules. Its not CT stuff...i've seen it. U can look at books that deal with the run up to the Iraq invasion, from a SOF standpoint, its all in there...compare that to what was reported on the news. Besides these guys have to track down every lead and try and figure out whats a threat.

Forget about it?

Bush is the one that brought it up last night

Both claims are bullshit

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 07:38:56 PM »
The threat is real....u have no idea whats going on and can't back up any of it. The FBI or CIA don't display what they're doing..u can get some half assed anaylst who used to be..or has ties to...act as a talking head on TV. Thats not like real intel.
L