Author Topic: The GET BIG news drug bust stories  (Read 3507 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: The GET BIG news drug bust stories
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 03:04:28 PM »
LOL, no biggy, I don't take myself too serious hehehe.
It has been obvious for some time that few here want to engage in any real , serious and thoughtful dialogue related to bodybuilding.That is why I now come here , catch up with the sports gossip and stuff , maybe post or read a couple threads and then leave, etc.

Believe it or not I am more into overall cardio fitness these days and am trying to drop a few pounds and stay healthy. Bodybuilding remains a fun hobby for me still, no more, no less, see ya at the ASC.
Howard

Ah, the "health look."  Such a timeless appeal; good call. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2008, 04:05:22 PM »
Just curious how Howie knows his normal testosterone levels. I don't condone supplementing with gels, etc., but understand the need of others to do so. In my opinion, hard training should stimulate the production of more testosterone. I guess there are differences among the ageing male population. Seems to me everyone needs testosterone as they age. Women over 50 often get more testosterone to keep their libido healthy. Side effects are facial hair.

I so dislike the drug culture in bodybuilding. The pastime is controversial enough without all the drugs involved by so many. Instead of finding new ways to get big the vast majority of bodybuilders look to the chemist. This is widescale lunacy.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2008, 05:10:30 PM »
You are CLEAN not natural...
and...??? What is the big deal, I did not say I NEVER took a BB drug?
This natural vs NON natural split is why drug TESTED shows get held back.
It stems from a belief that ANY drug use will make some guy into a permanent freak.

Ok McFarland that was kinda witty , but since I knocking on age 50, I would think it pretty sad and retarded of my main concern was NOT overall health.

Vince B, I had a blood sample done a few times to measure my free and reg testosterone levels a few years back and my levels were in the mid 200's mg/dl, the norm is  100- 1000.
Guys in their late teens and 20's avg around 600-700, and it starts to get lower after the mid 30's in most men.  I get my PSA levels checked every couple of years and on my last full work up had all my key blood enzyme and hormane levels in the ideal range ( knock on wood hehehe)

Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 05:12:47 PM »
and...??? What is the big deal, I did not say I NEVER took a BB drug?
This natural vs NON natural split is why drug TESTED shows get held back.
It stems from a belief that ANY drug use will make some guy into a permanent freak.

Ok McFarland that was kinda witty , but since I knocking on age 50, I would think it pretty sad and retarded of my main concern was NOT overall health.

Vince B, I had a blood sample done a few times to measure my free and reg testosterone levels a few years back and my levels were in the mid 200's mg/dl, the norm is  100- 1000.
Guys in their late teens and 20's avg around 600-700, and it starts to get lower after the mid 30's in most men.  I get my PSA levels checked every couple of years and on my last full work up had all my key blood enzyme and hormane levels in the ideal range ( knock on wood hehehe)

So you had normal test levels.

Why again are you using test gel then?
As empty as paradise

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 05:45:58 PM »
In my opinion, hard training should stimulate the production of more testosterone. .

why?

io857

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 11:26:40 PM »
why?
In your professional opinion whats the most effective way to build muscle tissue?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2008, 12:33:10 PM »
In your professional opinion whats the most effective way to build muscle tissue?

Eating protein.

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2008, 01:27:50 PM »
I just read the latest news in the GET BIG headlines and skimmed the various drug busts articles.
On a personal note, I don't think personal steroid use should be illegal , despite NOT useing 'roids myself.
In the past, I would post about the reality of future drug busts in our world of hardcore bodybuilding.
Many scoffed and felt I was just a blowhard on a soapbox. Now, the 'roid busts are growing in number and many in our sport are dealing with that crap.I sincerely feel some empathy for them but have to wonder why they continue to take such risks???
Honestly, I do think the top guys look more impressive on the juice. BUT, it does the sport very little  good to have them in jail or standing before a judge on trial :o
I feel that something tangible must be done within bodybuilding,to stem this tide of  disaster BEFORE it gets even worse.However,  I fear that  "plausible denial" within the IFBB/NPC and possible psychological  addiction issues, may prevent any real action on the drug problem.
I will be at the ASC and hope to see some of my fellow musclehedz there.
Howard ( my pic below, say hi if you see me at the ASC, thanks.)
Who's the old man at the gay bar ??

Just kidding Howie.. Big dude ..

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 04:57:09 PM »
Who's the old man at the gay bar ??

Just kidding Howie.. Big dude ..
LOL, good crack hehehehe.

I started to use the Androgel as my levels were on the low side of the spectrum, now they are in the "ideal", for health and vitality. Moderate use of any substance is not an easy sell, but is the only way to live.

Ok, in the lastes MD mag in an interview with the Jim Lorimer ASC co-promoter stated that the IFBB will begin some kind af actual drug testing regime . Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!