Author Topic: Lost Season 4  (Read 8717 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Lost Season 4
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 02:17:30 PM »
Dunno, hes a strange one. One minute you think hes good, then an evil fucker.
Assuming that this is a tale of good vs. evil(which is probably isn't anyway), which of the survivors are actually "good" do you think? Hurley and the asian woman come to mind for me. Maybe Jack. Also who do you think is going to be the last of the Oceanic six? Oh, and what did you think of ABC's streaming video?
E

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 12:21:20 AM »
The last of the Oceanic Six are Sun and Jin.

Aaron isn't counted as one.

Jack
Kate
Hurly
Sayid
Sin
Jin

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 12:30:40 AM »
Lat night was pretty good, showed a bit more about Juliet and her relationship with Ben. I still can't figure out if the rescuers are good or bad and exactly why they care if Ben leaks that gas on the island anyway, unless they plan in staying for research. Ben was about to tell Locke who his spy on the boat was, I am thinking Michael, cuz in the previews for next week it said you will see a face you never thought you would see again. The last two weeks have been about Desmond and Juliet, that's enough for fringe characters for a while imo. Hopefully we get back to the main characters next week, like the people in the pic and Locke as well.

It's definitely Michael.

I'm sure that Michael is the one who filmed Widmore beating that guy from Ben's group. Therefore, I feel safe in saying that it was Michael who filmed Juliet's sister at the park with her son (Juliet's nephew) in order to convince Juliet to stay knowing that Ben fulfilled his promise to cure the sister's cancer.

Oh, and I'm not so sure Ben wanted the gas released. When Dan started tampering with the computer, I think the gas countdown got triggered. This is to prevent sabotage. Goodwin's wife may not have been Goodwin's wife. Some think it was Cerebus, the smoke monster.

See how quickly she disappeared? Too fast for a human. The smoke monster may want everyone dead.

Ben would've died had the gas been released (no mask). Also, the gas would kill everyone on the island, but the freighter is still offshore and now we know that Widmore is after the island. Unless you get everyone that knows about the island at the same time, IMO, the gas is usless.

Sun and Jin episode this week.

Last episode next week, then off till late April. Returns with five more episodes.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 08:35:50 AM »
It's definitely Michael.

I'm sure that Michael is the one who filmed Widmore beating that guy from Ben's group. Therefore, I feel safe in saying that it was Michael who filmed Juliet's sister at the park with her son (Juliet's nephew) in order to convince Juliet to stay knowing that Ben fulfilled his promise to cure the sister's cancer.

Oh, and I'm not so sure Ben wanted the gas released. When Dan started tampering with the computer, I think the gas countdown got triggered. This is to prevent sabotage. Goodwin's wife may not have been Goodwin's wife. Some think it was Cerebus, the smoke monster.

See how quickly she disappeared? Too fast for a human. The smoke monster may want everyone dead.

Ben would've died had the gas been released (no mask). Also, the gas would kill everyone on the island, but the freighter is still offshore and now we know that Widmore is after the island. Unless you get everyone that knows about the island at the same time, IMO, the gas is usless.

Sun and Jin episode this week.

Last episode next week, then off till late April. Returns with five more episodes.

I see you know your Lost.
E

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 11:29:25 PM »
Oh, yeah. ;)

Unbelievable episode tonight. Awesome beyond words. 8)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 09:38:09 AM »
Oh, yeah. ;)

Unbelievable episode tonight. Awesome beyond words. 8)

So is Jin dead then? I didn't get how they were doing a flash forward with Sun and a flash back with Jin.
E

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 11:39:03 PM »
No, you did get it, D. You got it %100. :)

We think Jin is trying to get to the hospital because Sun has gone into labor. But the truth is this was quite a bit before the plane crash when Jin worked as an enforcer for Sun's father, Mr. Paik. He was bringing a present to an associate of Mr. Paik who had just had a child. He's bringing a panda specifically because there is some sort of cultural etiquette involved which I'm not well versed on. This is why he wouldn't take the dragon.

Sun was shown in the future, back from the crash. Somehow, Jin didn't survive. He didn't get off the island. Nope, he is not one of the Oceanic Six.

We got them all now.

Jack
Kate
Hurley
Sayid
Sun
Aaron

There are two more things.

1.) Jin's tombstone says he died on September 22, 2004. That is the date of the plane crash. Now we know Jin survived the crash, so he must have died like Claire and the other crash survivors. As we have seen, the surviving six are lying about how the rest of the passengers were killed. I believe both Jin and Claire are dead because Jin would never stay behind without Sun and Claire would never stay without Aaron.

2.) The preview for this episode said that 'the last of the Oceanic Six will be revealed'. I thought it meant Sun and Jin. But now we know it meant just Sun. It appears they are counting Aaron even though he wasn't on the manifest.

Next week is the last episode until April 24th. It is a Michael episode. Michael (as we saw last night) is going by the name Kevin Johnson. Why, I don't know. And where's Walt? ???

Great show. 8)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 08:47:49 AM »
No, you did get it, D. You got it %100. :)

We think Jin is trying to get to the hospital because Sun has gone into labor. But the truth is this was quite a bit before the plane crash when Jin worked as an enforcer for Sun's father, Mr. Paik. He was bringing a present to an associate of Mr. Paik who had just had a child. He's bringing a panda specifically because there is some sort of cultural etiquette involved which I'm not well versed on. This is why he wouldn't take the dragon.

Sun was shown in the future, back from the crash. Somehow, Jin didn't survive. He didn't get off the island. Nope, he is not one of the Oceanic Six.

We got them all now.

Jack
Kate
Hurley
Sayid
Sun
Aaron

There are two more things.

1.) Jin's tombstone says he died on September 22, 2004. That is the date of the plane crash. Now we know Jin survived the crash, so he must have died like Claire and the other crash survivors. As we have seen, the surviving six are lying about how the rest of the passengers were killed. I believe both Jin and Claire are dead because Jin would never stay behind without Sun and Claire would never stay without Aaron.

2.) The preview for this episode said that 'the last of the Oceanic Six will be revealed'. I thought it meant Sun and Jin. But now we know it meant just Sun. It appears they are counting Aaron even though he wasn't on the manifest.

Next week is the last episode until April 24th. It is a Michael episode. Michael (as we saw last night) is going by the name Kevin Johnson. Why, I don't know. And where's Walt? ???

Great show. 8)

Thanks for the good info. Did you notice that in the credits in the beginning Thursday it had the name Harold Perrineua, Michael 's real name? That was fucked up that they ruined the surprise like that.
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 10:13:16 AM »

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
Told ya Jin was gonna die.   :-\  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=178000.0

I forgot about that. It's not a good idea to get a DUI if you are part of the cast, huh? :o
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »
I forgot about that. It's not a good idea to get a DUI if you are part of the cast, huh? :o

Not good at all.  Fastest way to get yourself dead.  Sucks for Hurley too.  Just as he was about to get some love, his girl had to get herself killed. 

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 10:38:42 PM »
Thanks for the good info. Did you notice that in the credits in the beginning Thursday it had the name Harold Perrineua, Michael 's real name? That was fucked up that they ruined the surprise like that.

Truth be told, they've been running his name since the first episode of the season. If you have an older episode from this season on a DVR or videotape, go back and check it out. It got out a long time ago through fan sites and gossip sites that Harold was coming back.

So I guessed they figured there was no point in trying to keep the secret.  :-X

Told ya Jin was gonna die.   :-\

Well, he'll still be on the show a lot. He is still alive on the island at this point.

If the six go back to the island, he'll probably live again.

Why?

Because the six weren't supposed to leave the island. Hurley figures it out first. Now we know that bearded Jack has figured it out.

I believe the six survivors are living in a timeline that wasn't meant to be because they weren't supposed to leave with this group (the freighter people).

They can have a different future if they go back. This seems to be the feeling amongst the really involved/addicted fans on all those Lost message boards.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 03:41:59 PM »
Truth be told, they've been running his name since the first episode of the season. If you have an older episode from this season on a DVR or videotape, go back and check it out. It got out a long time ago through fan sites and gossip sites that Harold was coming back.

So I guessed they figured there was no point in trying to keep the secret.  :-X

Well, he'll still be on the show a lot. He is still alive on the island at this point.

If the six go back to the island, he'll probably live again.

Why?

Because the six weren't supposed to leave the island. Hurley figures it out first. Now we know that bearded Jack has figured it out.

I believe the six survivors are living in a timeline that wasn't meant to be because they weren't supposed to leave with this group (the freighter people).

They can have a different future if they go back. This seems to be the feeling amongst the really involved/addicted fans on all those Lost message boards.

You know your shit.

What do you think of Michael not being able to die?

I couldn't believe Sayeed turned on Michael this week.

Do you think Ben is a good guy?

Who killed russo and the skinny kid?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2008, 01:07:58 AM »
DP,

I haven't watched it yet because of all the college basketball I've been watching the past two nights. I'm in a big pool at work. 8)

I have Lost recorded on my DVR and I'm going to try and watch it on Sunday. Once I do, I'll post my thoughts and try to answer your questions. :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2008, 10:45:49 AM »
Good show last night.  Lots of mayhem.  Answered some questions.  Ben was actually a sympathetic figure. 

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2008, 01:30:44 PM »
Good show last night.  Lots of mayhem.  Answered some questions.  Ben was actually a sympathetic figure. 

Ben is a bad muthafukker :o
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »
Ben is a bad #### :o

Yep.  Hated his character for much of the series, but he's starting to grow on me.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2008, 10:22:39 PM »
What do you think of Michael not being able to die?

I couldn't believe Sayeed turned on Michael this week.

Do you think Ben is a good guy?

Who killed russo and the skinny kid?

I'm sorry about taking so long with my reply, DP.  :-[ It's been crazy the last month and a half. Why is it that stuff seems to come up all at once? ??? You've no doubt figured out these questions yourself, but I answer them anyway.

1.) Tom, the guy killed by Sawyer is last season's finale, said that "the island" won't let Michael kill himself. Yeah, that freaked me out too. We all know the island has power when you're on it, but I didn't know it's power extends outward to the rest of the planet. :o

2.) It is good that Sayid is angry. Michael really messed up. He panicked when they took Walt. He should have just been patient and let Jack and Locke work out a rescue plan. Instead, the guy goes off on his own, gets caught, makes a stupid deal, and so screws up a simple thing in letting Ben go that he kills two innocent women. Michael really blew it.

3.) This is really where it gets interesting. It seemed like Ben was evil incarnate, but now it seems it may be Charles Widmore. I posted my thoughts on that Ben episode below this post.

4.) As you now know from the Ben episode, there were a few guys on the boat who were mercenaries hired by Charles Widmore. The plan was to get Ben alive and kill anyone else on the island. No witnesses. The problem was that not everyone on the boat was a bad guy. It was all a "need to know"operation, so some people were in the dark. The fact that the bomb given to Michael was a fake, and the fact that Ben said he "will do anything to win a war", but he "will not kill innocent people" adds even more credence to the possibility that Ben is the good guy.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2008, 10:42:54 PM »
The Ben episode was awesome. Truly one of the best episodes of the show.

Okay guys, let’s get into this.

Remember when Ben brought Locke’s father to the island? Locke’s father said that he got into a car accident. He was put into an ambulance and suddenly woke up in this room. Now Ben said there was a room, a “magic box” where if you wished for something really hard, you could get it. Now, what is this?

See, I think this ties in with the traveling. Let me explain.

Ben had all these passports and different currencies hidden in his house on the island. Sayid discovered them when he, Kate and Miles came for Charlotte. Miles knows that Ben can get his hands on 3.2 million dollars. When Ben asked him how he (Ben) was supposed to get his hands on that kind of money, what did Miles say?

“Don’t talk to me like I’m one of them (points at Kate), like I don’t know who you are…and what you can do." - Miles

What does that mean?

Well, in the Ben episode, he suddenly wakes up in the middle of the Sahara. He has a slight injury to his arm, he pukes, and he seems slightly disoriented. But how did he get there? Simple. Ben has a way of traveling to anywhere on Earth with the magic box. It’s like the transporter in Star Trek or the way they travel backwards in time in the Terminator movies. You step in, you wish for or tell it where you want to go, and boom - you are there.

Remember when Michael asks Tom in the hotel about leaving the island?

"What, you can just come and go when you want?” – Michael

“Some of us can.” – Tom

He means those that know about it. See how Karl and Alex didn’t know about the Temple, but Richard Alpert did and many of The Others did. Ben only tells what he needs to and then he limits who gets the information. Ben lied to Sayid that he got off the island using Desmond’s sailboat. Total crap. You can tell he’s lying. That’s why they showed us the scene in the Sahara. Ben can be anywhere in the world he wants to be so long as he has access to the room/magic box. I figure it was shown or given to him by Jacob.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 12:17:57 AM »
I can safely say I have never watched one episode of lost

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2008, 09:40:46 PM »
You don't know what you're misssing, BB.

It's one of the best shows in the history of television. 8)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2008, 11:01:55 PM »
I can’t get over the whole Ben Linus and Charles Widmore thing. What is the deal with these two? ???

I’m tellin’ you, these two are either aliens, or they are angels that were cast out or something. No b.s.

Think about it. It’s in the dialogue.

Ben said that Charles “changed the rules” when that mercenary guy shot Alex in the head. Even Locke was startled by that statement, and we know it takes a lot to get to Locke. It’s almost as if it’s some sort of game between them.

Life, death…power.

When Ben snuck into Widmore’s penthouse, what did he say?

”Are you here to kill me, Benjamin?” - Charles

“We both know I can’t do that?” – Ben

Why? Are they immortal? Listen, I know it sounds farfetched, but it happens too often with the dialogue to be a coincidence. An example from Charles:

“I know who you are, boy. What you are.” - Charles to Ben

Another:

“That island is mine, Benjamin. It was before, it will be…again.” - Charles to Ben

Clearly, Widmore knows about the island’s powers. We now know Ben lied about the smoke monster. He called it to do his bidding. I think that was the best scene in the history of the show. 8)

And then there's Jacob. Who or what is he? Some people believe that Jacob is Jack. Some fans think that Jacob is really Jack from the future who is somehow trapped in time on the island. This took root when Hurley saw Jack’s father, Christian Shepherd, in Jacob’s chair earlier this season. Others believe Jacob is an angel cast out or possibly an alien. The alien theory comes from the four-toed statue from the season finale of season two which has yet to be explained.

So what is going on? We now know that Ben now wants to kill Penny. Is it just revenge? Is he restoring some type of balance, an eye for an eye? I’m not sure, but I can’t wait to find out. The problem is we got two more seasons after this. :P

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2008, 03:18:45 PM »
i think the "the island is mine" means the island was manufactured. that's why it can move, that's why widmore couldn't find it.

to assign a grand heaven v. hell storyline is a bit further than i think the writers are willing to go. remember, they said immediately that no one is dead and in limbo or anything like that.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2008, 07:36:54 AM »
I am confused this season :(
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2008, 10:29:47 AM »
I am confused this season :(

Yeah.  I'm not crazy about this decided move towards supernatural/science fiction stuff.  There was some of that early on with the smoke monster and the visions, but now it's almost all focused on the impossible.