Author Topic: Bill would make it illegal to feed the obese  (Read 2974 times)

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
Re: Bill would make it illegal to feed the obese
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 02:55:19 AM »
Bill would make it illegal to feed the obese

Source: USA Today

Three legislators want to make it illegal for restaurants to serve obese customers in Mississippi.

House Bill No. 282, which was introduced this month, says: Any food establishment to which this section applies shall not be allowed to serve food to any person who is obese, based on criteria prescribed by the State Department of Health after consultation with the Mississippi Council on Obesity Prevention and Management established under Section 41-101-1 or its successor. The State Department of Health shall prepare written materials that describe and explain the criteria for determining whether a person is obese, and shall provide those materials to all food establishments to which this section applies. A food establishment shall be entitled to rely on the criteria for obesity in those written materials when determining whether or not it is allowed to serve food to any person.

The proposal would allow health inspectors to yank the permit from any restaurant that "repeatedly" feeds extremely overweight customers.

Read more: http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/02/bill-would...

>:(
http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/02/bill-would-make.html

As much as I would love for this to actually happen, it will NEVER get past congress, I mean the discrimination issues are just too great!   

Awesome idea though...God bless these guys for trying!!!
just not good enough

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 04:19:05 AM »
Hahaha I wonder who the bigger moron is - the guy who came up with the suggestion or the ones who teamed up with him and are trying to get the Bill sanctioned. Like the government has any f*cking right to set guidelines or restrictions on what or how much people can eat, no matter what the state of their health is ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 04:44:23 AM »

Ze fatcentration camps are the best bet.  Democracy won't solve this problem...  we need a regime patterned on the Third Reich.  Debussey can be Hitler, Quickerblade can be Himmler, Xerxes can be Goebbels, "Bulky" Basile can be Goering, and I'll be Adolph Eichmann...  architect of the "Final Solution" to the Fattie Question!  :D
Haha. Later to be kidnapped and repatriated by MOFAT to Fatsylvania for execution for crimes against obesity. 

/need a better exit plan

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 04:49:30 AM »
Pretty good idea.
E

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 10:30:21 AM »
Its not a civil rights issue, its a FatAss issue.

Just sit in a walmart parking lot and watch the cars circle the lot so that a 450 pound fat ass carrying a 64 ounce high fructose corn sugar big gulp doesnt have to walk 25 feet to get to and from the store.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2008, 02:08:09 PM »
I'm new to Get Big but I must say, you guys are SO funny!  I can't stop checking in to see what's next!! 

You're no slouch yourself, "scott".  In fact, the only reason I check these forums most of the time is in the hopes I'll see some gem from you. 8)

::)

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2008, 02:17:26 PM »
Hahaha I wonder who the bigger moron is - the guy who came up with the suggestion or the ones who teamed up with him and are trying to get the Bill sanctioned. Like the government has any f*cking right to set guidelines or restrictions on what or how much people can eat, no matter what the state of their health is ::)

I wouldn't be suprised if shit like this eventually passes, we are slowly becoming a police state my brothers, and by the time people get around to recognizing it, bam, too late!  They take away guns, food, liquor, drugs, everthing until we have nothing left and have to fill out a form to wipe our own asses!!!

By the way fat people suck. ;)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2008, 04:53:37 PM »
I have two friends who work at a place where you are not allowed to use nicotine even when you are not at work.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2008, 05:51:03 PM »
Alot of healthcare dollars are spent on these fatasses.   It should be regulated. Ive actually know of people trying to gain enough weight to get on federal disability insurance...and get free money the rest of their life....

Shit i would love to stand in the buffet entrance and say..."You are at high risk of depleting food reserves for all of mankind......hand over youre car keys and walk home to get a head start on the new you." 8)

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2008, 06:10:13 PM »
We need to stop giving money to these gluttons for claiming disability! Lack of willpower isn't a disability it's a choice!  >:(

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2008, 06:11:05 PM »
Alot of healthcare dollars are spent on these fatasses.   It should be regulated. Ive actually know of people trying to gain enough weight to get on federal disability insurance...and get free money the rest of their life....
:)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »
:)

Hahahaha   Homers in a moo moo.... ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2008, 03:09:22 PM »
I have two friends who work at a place where you are not allowed to use nicotine even when you are not at work.

How does that work !?!? wtf.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2008, 05:29:08 PM »
How does that work !?!? wtf.

Well, they pay for your meds to get off nicotine. First offense something like a day off work but I think it's 2 strikes your out, they piss test you at random. Two of my friends rubbed Skoal and had to quit. Insurance companies rule bro. Pretty soon they will be telling all of us what to eat and how much. Kinda sucks when you can't ven rub skoal on your own time.  :'(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2008, 07:40:18 PM »

Hahahaha   Homers in a moo moo.... ;D
lol a fukin moo moo hahahahahah

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2008, 07:41:24 PM »
Well, they pay for your meds to get off nicotine. First offense something like a day off work but I think it's 2 strikes your out, they piss test you at random. Two of my friends rubbed Skoal and had to quit. Insurance companies rule bro. Pretty soon they will be telling all of us what to eat and how much. Kinda sucks when you can't ven rub skoal on your own time.  :'(
I dont dip what is "rubbing" mean?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2008, 07:41:33 PM »
Good thing Getbigots don't vote on such proposals.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2008, 07:43:49 PM »
I dont dip what is "rubbing" mean?

Same thing.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2008, 07:44:35 PM »
In all honesty guys who carry around more muscle mass than normal would be rejected with this law as well b/c its done on bmi. I think that the majority of us who have been working out for a few years and makeing consistent gains in size and strength would fall into the obese to overweight category of the bmi