Author Topic: Jasons Old Log  (Read 44430 times)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Jasons New PERMANENT Powerlifting Log
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2008, 08:40:50 AM »
You made 900 look EASY!!!

Impressive!

How long did it take to get used to the mono-lift?

it always fucked me up, but i only used one about 15 times.

Great lifting Jason.

8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2008, 10:01:14 AM »
i always thought monolifts were easy once you figure out where to plant your feet. getting your breath is a SNAP too. i also think guys with the mega wide stance and the monolift sit the bar higher than others, but no idea.

jason, you'd better be hitting a grand by new years. that 900's pretty damn sick, considering you didn't use knee wraps.

Alex23

« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2008, 09:12:25 PM »
i always thought monolifts were easy once you figure out where to plant your feet. getting your breath is a SNAP too. i also think guys with the mega wide stance and the monolift sit the bar higher than others, but no idea.

jason, you'd better be hitting a grand by new years. that 900's pretty damn sick, considering you didn't use knee wraps.

The pegg = a beast. magoo = a beast admirer and beyond --> disturbing.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2008, 07:28:39 AM »

He should hit 1000 in a few months! Insane...really insane!

i squat with a shoulder width stance and for some reason i could never set my feet correctly without walking the bar back at least a step.

8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2008, 01:03:34 PM »
He should hit 1000 in a few months! Insane...really insane!

i squat with a shoulder width stance and for some reason i could never set my feet correctly without walking the bar back at least a step.

8)

i would just laugh my ass off if he got an 1800 total without benching. just to piss everyone off. >:(

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2008, 07:38:31 PM »
You made 900 look EASY!!!

Impressive!

How long did it take to get used to the mono-lift?

it always fucked me up, but i only used one about 15 times.

Great lifting Jason.

8)

Thanks man.  It took about 3 good weeks AFTER I was taught how to use it properly before I felt comfortable with it.  Learning to use the hips to unrack the bar and not the quads is a very odd feeling, and it took a few weeks for them to unfuck themselves strength wise.  Now i feel like a retard trying to walk anything out LOL

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2008, 07:40:13 PM »
i would just laugh my ass off if he got an 1800 total without benching. just to piss everyone off. >:(

Hopefully I will be close.  I had some STRANGE stuff happen Yesterday that is a NICE look towards the future!

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2008, 07:41:07 PM »
I have been lazy (busy?!?) and havent taken the time to log my last 3 workouts.  Im going to fix that now though!

Training from 1 week ago DE SQ/DL

i was on the front end of a head/chest cold that beat me down for a few days.  I had intended to do my speed squatting with the SSB and a Blue band.  I actually warmed up to 225 plus the band and realized that I was doing shit and completely sucked.  Nothing felt right and rather than waste time and risk injuring myself I decided to quit there.  Here is what I did instead.  I did this circuit fashion, resting 2-3 minutes between circuits.   I did as many circuits as I needed to hit my goal on the GHR, 60 reps.  I think it ended up taking 7 or 8 sets, i cant really remember.

GHR 60 reps with bodyweight only
Pulldown Abs 125lbs
Reverse Hyper 250lbs
DB side bends 90lb DB

The other exercises were done to about 2 reps shy of failure.  For being sick, I ended up getting some really good work in.

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2008, 08:04:47 PM »
Last Tuesdays ME SQ/DL work

Stll banging it out with the cold. Was so sick I had to call in to work Monday, so I definitely didnt train. I also didnt feel like doing any true ME stuff, so i just threw in some Repeateed Effort training, with exercises I hate and absolutely suck at. The poundages will reflect this fact LOL

SSb GM's NOT suspended. I vcant tell you the last time that I did them this way.

Bar x bazillion
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
315x5
365x3
405x1 I hate these. This is my WORST variation of my WORST main lift. They beat my ass pretty bad though, and seem to help my upper back strength tremendously.

GHR
4 sets of 8-12 reps

Pulldown Abs
lighter weights x 3 sets of 20 plus

Reverse hyper
300x4x10

CV Pulldowns
115x3x12

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2008, 08:25:48 PM »
Yesterdays DE (LOL) Workout

A couple of guys had some new gear they wanted to put on and try to break in.  They wanted to free squat, which was fine by me, as I feel I need to incorporate them into my training more, especially as the meet draws near.  i had the intention of doing speed work (HONEST!) but when I saw everyone hammering away doing singles, I felt obligated to not be that guy and do the singles as well.  Overall, it went VERY well, not only for me, but EVERY guy on the team, from our MUTANT 148lb'er to myself.  EVERY GUY left with a PR yesterday.  Not bad for some DE work hahahahaha

Free Squat with Mastadon ( MEET PREP)
150x5
240x5
330x3
420x2
510x1 (added belt after)
600x1
650x1 (added size 50 ACE briefs after)
690x1
780x1
830x1
870x1
930x1 NEW PR

I am starting to feel STRONG now.  Everything felt like it came out of the racks like Sam Byrds looks, so thats a good sign.  I didnt even know that the 930 was that until after I did it.  It was supposed to have been 900, but apparently it seems that Im not the only one who doesnt pay close attention to counting LOL.  Here is the odd part.  This felt more solid with just briefs on than the 900 in briefs/suit did a few weeks ago.  Im not sure why, I think it is that Im more confident now, both in myself and how the weight feels on my back.  I need to keep pounding the reverse hypers and ab work though for sure and make sure that I can support weight that my hips can squat.

GHR Abs
3x10

Pulldown Abs
3x15

Reverse hypers
3x15 to loosen the back up haha

Sled Drags
4 plates x 6 trips of ~150 feet

Jason 

The Coach

« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2008, 08:41:52 PM »
Thanks Man!

If any of you guys are interested, I posted some pics of the gym Im at on the Y board.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=199834.0

Jason

Jason,

We are in the works of opening a "warehouse" type of gym here in So.Cal around this time next year. It's going to be a nondescript gym located in an industrial park. It's going to consist of the just a little more than the basics and cater to athletes. Nothing big, about 15-2000sq ft but filled with equipment designed specifically for strength training......no frills. When I saw those pics it should just remind people that you don't need machines (maybe a few) to develop strength. IMO, thats an awesome gym, just the necessities.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2008, 07:17:56 AM »
930!

That would fold me in half!

Good luck with 1k!

8)

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2008, 08:06:48 PM »
Well, Ive been busy as fuck and not posting, but I havent really done anything worth noting.  Some accessory PRs, but nothing too out there.  Ive been trying to rest some little aches and pains, and made a 5 day trip to Ft. Bragg, NC

Here is what I did friday for the first day of my Circa Max

JUST ACE BRIEFS-Suit next week to take a weight
250lb bands plus 600lbs barweight for 6x2  i would say that this was approximately 75-80% effort.  A bit of strain, but no busted blood vessels or anything

Long Strap Reverse Hypers
380x4x10

GHR Situps
45x4x10

Db Sidebends
100x4x15 each side

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2008, 09:38:53 AM »
Mondays work

Reverse Hypers
225sx4x1o NO momentum at all, waas slow and controlled throuhg the entire range of motion

GHR
3x10

CV Pulldowns
3x10 hevy

Face Pulls
4x15

pulldown Abs
3x12

jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2008, 09:41:23 AM »
Last week of circa max

250lb band tension for all sets

60x6
60x3 added bands
150x3
240x3
330x3 added briefs after
420x1
510x1
560x1
600x1 addded suit after, straps down
650x1
690x1
740x1 (990 at top)

breakouts with same bands total weight listed
990x1
1040x1
1130x3x1 I cant explain it, but these felt more solid than the lighter weights I did. i moved my feet forward a bit, and I think its what I need to do for my real squats.  seemed to help quite a bit.  i fee good knowing that I can almost unrack Chuck V's best squat.

Pulldown Abs supersetted with db shrugs
135 on abs plus 80lb db's for 3x15 on eaach exercise.  These were HEAVY on the abs...but we have a difficult lat pulldown machine for sure.

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »
What are "breakouts"? Whatever they are Im sure I cant use 1100lbs for them. :(

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2008, 02:36:35 PM »
What are "breakouts"? Whatever they are Im sure I cant use 1100lbs for them. :(

Breaking the bar out of the j-hooks on the monolift.  Im hoping they help me get used to really heavy weight on my back.

Jason

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2008, 07:14:40 PM »
It should definitely work, haha! I just call them lockouts. 4" ROM at best. I havent done them in a long time, do you feel they are really beneficial?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2008, 09:52:36 AM »
haha to get your body used to supporting heavier weights? YEAH!

sick ass work jason.. but we discussed this yesterday HAHA

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Meet video and synopsis
« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2008, 09:37:44 PM »

Not a great day for me.  I only went 3 for 9, and hit only my openers.  I set a 100lb PR on my squat, and a 5lb PR on my deadlift, but wasnt anywhere close to what I was capable of.  I guess that I picked a bad day to have a bad day!  It really helped me though to have this type of day, as I now have that laser-like focus to get it done!

Goals for the next meet are the same as they were for this one.  Squat 1000.  Deadlift 700+ have a good meet, as the last 2 sucked!

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Jasons Powerlifting Log...video and new training cycle on starts on Page 7!
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2008, 09:45:48 PM »
01SEP08 ME SQ/DL and 1st day back at the gym post meet.

Pin 3 rackpull against quadded monsterminis Sumo style

barx5
95x5
135x3
185x3
225x1
275x1
315x1
365x1
405x1
455x1
500x1 Shut it down here.  Gotta be able to walk tomorrow! Was a solid attempt, but not a true maximum effort.

Sled Drags
5 plates plus a 25
6 trips of 150 feet

Pulldown Abs
FOOKING HEAVY! 4 sets of 8

Knee band pullaparts
purple band x2x20

Went home and did some hip mobility work.

Jason

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
Re: Meet video and synopsis
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2008, 10:02:21 PM »

Not a great day for me.  I only went 3 for 9, and hit only my openers.  I set a 100lb PR on my squat, and a 5lb PR on my deadlift, but wasnt anywhere close to what I was capable of.  I guess that I picked a bad day to have a bad day!  It really helped me though to have this type of day, as I now have that laser-like focus to get it done!

Goals for the next meet are the same as they were for this one.  Squat 1000.  Deadlift 700+ have a good meet, as the last 2 sucked!

Jason

Impressive squatting, man.  Damn wide stance and (from what I could tell) pretty high bar placement.  Good stuff, best of luck with the big grand 8)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2008, 11:02:06 PM »
hey bro..

that 700 is fucking done for sure.. looked effortless all the way to the top. Just gotta tell those damn bitch hands of yours to suck it up and hold on abit longer bro!

inspiring man.. you really took it to the iron to get where you're at and brought it to the pro-am no matter what you think. That video just makes me want 700 that much more!

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2008, 07:01:46 PM »
hey bro..

that 700 is fucking done for sure.. looked effortless all the way to the top. Just gotta tell those damn bitch hands of yours to suck it up and hold on abit longer bro!

inspiring man.. you really took it to the iron to get where you're at and brought it to the pro-am no matter what you think. That video just makes me want 700 that much more!

Thanks alot Ryan.  Glad you like the videos.  It is still a goal, and Im going to do it again soon...even if it is a gymlift.

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Meet video and synopsis
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »
Impressive squatting, man.  Damn wide stance and (from what I could tell) pretty high bar placement.  Good stuff, best of luck with the big grand 8)

Thanks buddy. Ive actually brought my stance in some here as compared to my last met.  Best decision I've ever made squat wise.  Ive found a higher bar lets me stay more upright and helps force me down, making depth easier and "loading" the suit more.

Jason