Author Topic: Erik "The Viking" Fromm - found dead at age 36  (Read 36555 times)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Re: Erik "The Viking" Fromm - found dead at age 36
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 09:33:28 AM »
How is that funny?

There's something wrong with you.

Im just asking if it was insulin, whats the problem with it? He obviously didnt die for "natural" reasons

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 09:34:50 AM »
And the death toll continues...

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 09:35:02 AM »
Im just asking if it was insulin, whats the problem with it? He obviously didnt die for "natural" reasons

I guess people missunderstood your "hahahaha" ...
We here use it to laugh at a certain somebody or something.

Hope that helps

And the death toll continues...

Watch what you are saying...people get a little hmm stiff lipped when you mention people dying from Steroid abuse.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2008, 09:35:58 AM »
Sexy mother fucker... gone too soon.  :'(

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2008, 09:37:22 AM »
On a side note, it sux when you have cycled for years and you die natural, most people wont believe it

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 09:39:06 AM »
Eric From was huge.I remember back in 2001 we were both in our off season, but were about 6 months out from the Mr USA. At the time I was around 285lbs, and Eric was friggin 315lbs.No he was not lean but he was very big.
Eric really had alot going for him , he had a contract with Muscle Tech, and the guy could have any girl he wanted.Eric, the owner of Colorado Pro gym and I would  hang out sometimes,  the women would just go crazy over Eric.He pulled some serious women.
Also Eric was a very talented artist believe it or not. The gym owner would hang up pictures Eric drew in the gym.He would draw pictures of Vikings, and muscular Barbarian types of men , with alot of detail.
Eric had alot going for him, its a dam shame to see such talent be wasted at such a young age.
R.I.P. Eric, my prayers are with him and his family in this time of need .

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »
On a side note, it sux when you have cycled for years and you die natural, most people wont believe it

But that's the issur right there, who can tell what damage all these medications do to you year and years down the line.
I wish Doctors could prove without a doubt that certain Steroids will seriously damage your health in let's say 6 years average.
But all you hear when these guys die is: He died of a heartattack (and it's always something that was genetic).

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 09:44:49 AM »
But that's the issur right there, who can tell what damage all these medications do to you year and years down the line.
I wish Doctors could prove without a doubt that certain Steroids will seriously damage your health in let's say 6 years average.
But all you hear when these guys die is: He died of a heartattack (and it's always something that was genetic).

nobody knows for sure...but guaranteed if you don't have a clean track record. IE- no family history of Heart problems...kidney, liver...etc... then you're going to be adding fuel to the fire with each and every injection you take...

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 09:46:04 AM »
Eric From was huge.I remember back in 2001 we were both in our off season, but were about 6 months out from the Mr USA. At the time I was around 285lbs, and Eric was friggin 315lbs.No he was not lean but he was very big.He admitted to me at the time he was taking 60 iu's of insulin a day.I was like WTF, because I never tried or even used insulin, I was to scared.To risk, I will do without a diabetic coma, thank you.
Eric really had alot going for him , he had a contract with Muscle Tech, and the guy could have any girl he wanted.Eric, the owner of Colorado Pro gym and I would  hang out sometimes,  the women would just go crazy over Eric.He pulled some serious women.
Also Eric was a very talented artist believe it or not. The gym owner would hang up pictures Eric drew in the gym.He would draw pictures of Vikings, and muscular Barbarian types of men , with alot of detail.
Eric had alot going for him, its a dam shame to see such talent be wasted at such a young age.
R.I.P. Eric, my prayers are with him and his family in this time of need .

60iu's??  I think the questions has been answered right there as to why the guy passed away.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2008, 09:46:17 AM »

Did you not read GetItOnNY's post? Most likely rec drug related. Like so many other bodybuilder health problems there are rec drugs involved.

You ridicule gh15's advice but he's been talking so much about the rec drug problem in bodybuilding. Rec drugs are a problem. Steroids aren't... not to any significant degree. You should listen more to what gh15 says.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
He admitted to me at the time he was taking 60 iu's of insulin a day.I was like WTF, because I never tried or even used insulin, I was to scared.To risk, I will do without a diabetic coma, thank you.
Eric really had alot going for him

Are you fuggin serious? Maybe he can get a posthumous Darwin award.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2008, 09:48:55 AM »
I know some people who were very tight with Eric, and he did have alot of other issues he was dealing with outside of bodybuilding.  

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2008, 09:49:15 AM »

I think it was Mike Christian who said that after years of habitually injecting steroids, it doesn't take much to start injecting other stuff.
O

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2008, 09:49:21 AM »
nobody knows for sure...but guaranteed if you don't have a clean track record. IE- no family history of Heart problems...kidney, liver...etc... then you're going to be adding fuel to the fire with each and every injection you take...

I have absolutly no Problem with people taking Steroids, many believe I'm give people shit for taking this crap, not at all.
But I have a problem with hypocritism, and denying obvious issues with this sport.
Not talking about it will not make it better.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2008, 09:51:04 AM »
Did you not read GetItOnNY's post? Most likely rec drug related. Like so many other bodybuilder health problems there are rec drugs involved.

You ridicule gh15's advice but he's been talking so much about the rec drug problem in bodybuilding. Rec drugs are a problem. Steroids aren't... not to any significant degree.

To this is just not true.  You're only lying to yourself.  I have used and I probably would again, but I completely know that
A.Steroids increase Blood Pressure  B. They increase "Bad" cholestrol LDL.
Which are both culprits for heart disease/failure

It's a fact dude.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »
I know some people who were very tight with Eric, and he did have alot of other issues he was dealing with outside of bodybuilding.  

yeah, the daily 60 ius of insulin were nothing....

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2008, 09:52:35 AM »

To this is just not true.  You're only lying to yourself.  I have used and I probably would again, but I completely know that
A.Steroids increase Blood Pressure  B. They increase "Bad" cholestrol LDL.

It's a fact dude.

The difference between you and so many Pros is that you have taking roids once? twice? but anything you inject over years and years
will damage you thats a fact,

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2008, 09:52:40 AM »
I think it was Mike Christian who said that after years of habitually injecting steroids, it doesn't take much to start injecting other stuff.

Bingo, Eric had some serious problems with rec. drugs

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2008, 09:53:28 AM »
60iu's??  I think the questions has been answered right there as to why the guy passed away.
Only if he didn't eat and went to sleep after shooting the insulin. That amount of insulin per day (splitting it up 2-3 times or more) will not kill a man of his size unless he is reckless and skips food altogether.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »

Eric hasnt competed in 3 years, I doubt he was still doing that. What i dont doubt is that he was still using rec. drugs, and alot of them.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2008, 09:55:50 AM »

That is crazy.  I'm amazed people even take insulin period, let alone that much.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2008, 09:57:05 AM »

To this is just not true.  You're only lying to yourself.  I have used and I probably would again, but I completely know that
A.Steroids increase Blood Pressure  B. They increase "Bad" cholestrol LDL.

It's a fact dude.

They aren't totally innocuous but they aren't a "killer" like rec drugs.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2008, 09:57:43 AM »
That is crazy.  I'm amazed people even take insulin period, let alone that much.

same here, maybe there is a certain line you cross and it gets easier like ciggarets, first time you smoke one you go... hmm that wasn't too bad I'm still alife, first time you shoot any test you are probably scared but than nothing happens... hmm I'm still alife.

I'm personaly scared of that shit, I tend to not even take painkillers or injections when I'm at the dentists, and it has nothing to do with
the injection but I don't trust that shit.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2008, 09:58:08 AM »
Eric hasnt competed in 3 years, I doubt he was still doing that. What i dont doubt is that he was still using rec. drugs, and alot of them.

Yeah, you're probably right.  Seems like he was generally reckless w his body though...

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2008, 09:59:17 AM »
The difference between you and so many Pros is that you have taking roids once? twice? but anything you inject over years and years
will damage you thats a fact,

I'd almost be willing to say that guys "using" for years and over 260 are all taking at least 15 years off their life.  The heart has to work that much harder when that size.