Author Topic: Why is there a double standard?  (Read 2015 times)

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Why is there a double standard?
« on: February 09, 2008, 04:40:32 AM »
So I am flipping through and seeing all of these religious stations and on Sunday mornings all of the half hour sermons. 

Why is it OK to litter the airways with God but it would not be OK for lets say Satanists or even Scientologists to do the same.  I always thought that was rather odd.  Could a TV station get sued for not allowing this?  I wonder if you could even do this on Public Access TV that cable has.

Just curious.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Why is there a double standard?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 05:28:06 AM »
So I am flipping through and seeing all of these religious stations and on Sunday mornings all of the half hour sermons. 

Why is it OK to litter the airways with God but it would not be OK for lets say Satanists or even Scientologists to do the same.  I always thought that was rather odd.  Could a TV station get sued for not allowing this?  I wonder if you could even do this on Public Access TV that cable has.

Just curious.

Jebus.
I hate the State.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 06:13:19 AM »

Just curious.

Why do you hate the Lord Jesus Christ so much? Don't you know that he died for your sins?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 06:34:13 AM »
Why do you hate the Lord Jesus Christ so much? Don't you know that he died for your sins?

I hate the State.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 07:01:11 AM »
 ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 11:43:23 AM »

Just curious.

I think it's because "Satanists" make up a tiny percentage of the viewing population. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
I think it's because "Satanists" make up a tiny percentage of the viewing population. 
I agree.

Also, Scientologists are kind of secretive as far as I can tell.  I've heard/read that even Scientologists don't know what the "next level" entails for them until they get to that stage. 
R

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 01:44:17 PM »
Because the majority of the American population is Christian.