Author Topic: Who is the most respected, liked person in the business?  (Read 2275 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Who is the most respected, liked person in the business?
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 01:16:43 PM »

"dam dees tablets her makes mees look like Moses, deez shits izz light!!!! nuttin but partin da Red Sea baby!!!!!!!"

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »
hahahaha I didn't know senility can come so early.
~

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 01:21:52 PM »
I figure that you have to know an individual personally before you can respect or disrespect that individual. How many of your Get Biggers actually know the person whom you respect or disrespect before stating such on this Board?

Don't judge any individual by what you hear on this Board or any other BB board.

I personally know the following and many others but these are the guys and gals that come to mind right now  whom I respect a lot:

Mike Mattarazzo - Always respected highly by those actively engaged in the world of BB
Bob Chickerillo - One of the first individuals I look for and talk with briefly at any BB event. Great guy and family man.
Lee Hainey - I totally agree here. He and his wife are great people.
Gary Strydom - Great person and loves to talk to his fans when he has the opportunity to do so.
Porter Cottrell - Ditto
Phil Hernon - Another great person. A down to earth, laid back guy.
Cory (Everson) - She has a new name now but, she is still the one female athlete who is on the top of my RESPECT LIST.
Jeff Everson - Quiet in public but one hell of a great individual who is just about able to keep up with me when it comes to talking about the "good old days" of bodybuilding. He even remembered Doug Strohl.
Mike Mentzer - For speaking up when it came time to do so. And never backing down.

And many others .... But the one individual who is at the top of my Respect List (and many others) has got to be Bill Pearl without a doubt.

Thanks for your input and yes its hard to judge people without meeting them....Chic seems like a real liked person...I think the mian beef fans have on the boards is that he is so successful in the business.....People usually equate success with kissing ass....

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2008, 01:30:38 PM »
Thanks for your input and yes its hard to judge people without meeting them....Chic seems like a real liked person...I think the mian beef fans have on the boards is that he is so successful in the business.....People usually equate success with kissing ass....

Uh, no....  we equate kissing ass with kissing ass.   ::)

In various situations and contexts, he has made any number of ridiculous, unsupported statements that seemed clearly designed to further the "party line" at the expense of the athletes.  240 used to make a sport of calling him on them.
Ron: "I am lazy."

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »
Er...didn't I start a thread on this with an almost identical title a few days back?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 01:55:14 PM »
Joe Weider.
Z

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 02:00:07 PM »
Er...didn't I start a thread on this with an almost identical title a few days back?

I apologize, did not notice it...I made this thread in response to the thread of who is the most disliked person in the business....