Author Topic: How much carbs do YOU eat per day?  (Read 7142 times)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
Re: How much carbs do YOU eat per day?
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
WHAT???!!!!    Keto diet best for maintaining muscle?  Candi, tell me this is a misprint!
it absolutely is the best diet for maintaining muscle. this is undebatable.

non-keto diet= body looks for glucose in a caloric deficit. with no glucose available, the body has to create it. the only way the body can create glucose is by converting amino acids. that means breaking down muscle.

keto diet= body looks for fatty acids in a caloric deficit. with no fatty acids available, the body has to create them. the only way the body can create fatty acids is by converting stored adipose tissue. that means breaking down fat.

BOOOOOOM.

no such thing as an essential carbohydrate, fellas
d[-_-]b actin all cool

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2008, 04:03:10 PM »
how can you guys even argue this, the keto diet built this huge, ripped mountain of muscle. ;D

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2008, 04:22:18 PM »
it absolutely is the best diet for maintaining muscle. this is undebatable.

non-keto diet= body looks for glucose in a caloric deficit. with no glucose available, the body has to create it. the only way the body can create glucose is by converting amino acids. that means breaking down muscle.

keto diet= body looks for fatty acids in a caloric deficit. with no fatty acids available, the body has to create them. the only way the body can create fatty acids is by converting stored adipose tissue. that means breaking down fat.

BOOOOOOM.

no such thing as an essential carbohydrate, fellas
Your logic is correct to a point.  Your body can only use this stored fat so quickly.  THEN IT LOOKS TO MUSCLE TISSUE.  If you have some built up glyc stores, this can be used (which will prevent the muscle tissue wasting).  Your body can only burn fat so quickly.  When in total ketosis, you will, after awhile, start to burn muscle tissue.  On a lowered carb diet, this doesn't occur (as badly as it would in ketosis).  If conserving muscle tissue is your goal, the extended ketosis diet is AWFUL candi, and there is boat loads of info on this.  Im actually surprised at your ignorance of it!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 04:49:20 PM »
you only have to go ZERO carbs to get into ketosis. once your in ketosis, you can eat an adequate amount of carbs to sustain muscle glycogen.   ...i can eat up to 75-100 grams of carbs per day and remain in ketosis..as long as i keep them to less than 15% of my calorie intake, and i keep fats at least 50%..i am good.           working out only depletes about 50-75 grams of glycogen
d[-_-]b actin all cool

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2008, 04:55:51 PM »
you only have to go ZERO carbs to get into ketosis. once your in ketosis, you can eat an adequate amount of carbs to sustain muscle glycogen.   ...i can eat up to 75-100 grams of carbs per day and remain in ketosis..as long as i keep them to less than 15% of my calorie intake, and i keep fats at least 50%..i am good.           working out only depletes about 50-75 grams of glycogen

youre wont be in ketosis eating 100 grams of carbs per day.  Sounds like youre a bit confused candi.  Looks like youre actually doing a low carb diet brother!  Congrats!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
what happens if you eat 102 carbs?

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2008, 06:14:34 PM »
what happens if you eat 102 carbs?

The earths axis is interrupted and begins to spin backwards. Wait for Candidate 2025/Candizzle to chime in to verify before you quote for truth though :)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2008, 10:09:01 AM »
youre wont be in ketosis eating 100 grams of carbs per day.  Sounds like youre a bit confused candi.  Looks like youre actually doing a low carb diet brother!  Congrats!

maybe YOU wouldnt be in ketosis.  but i am.    there is no set maximum number of carbs that the body can take in while in ketosis...it varies from person to person.       a carbohydrate-adapted person (someone runnign off of glucose) doesnt slip into ketosis from one high fat/zero carb meal...    and definitely doesnt go into ketosis from a little bit of fat along with carbs at every meal.       so what makes you think that a fat-adapted person (someone running off of ketones) will automatically slip into a glucose-based metabolism from consuming a few grams of carbs at every meal ???

YOU are an idiot.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2008, 10:24:57 AM »
maybe YOU wouldnt be in ketosis.  but i am.    there is no set maximum number of carbs that the body can take in while in ketosis...it varies from person to person.       a carbohydrate-adapted person (someone runnign off of glucose) doesnt slip into ketosis from one high fat/zero carb meal...    and definitely doesnt go into ketosis from a little bit of fat along with carbs at every meal.       so what makes you think that a fat-adapted person (someone running off of ketones) will automatically slip into a glucose-based metabolism from consuming a few grams of carbs at every meal ???

YOU are an idiot.

How do you know you are in ketosis? Do you use those pee strip things? Serious question BTW.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2008, 10:41:33 AM »
How do you know you are in ketosis? Do you use those pee strip things? Serious question BTW.

The million dollar question  ???

This is the only way you can really determine if you are in ketosis candi

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2008, 10:47:15 AM »
ketosis is a very rexognizeable state of being. you are operating on a totally different level.   i know the second i go into ketosis, and the second i leave it....    the feeling of "entering ketosis"(which by the way, only takes me about one day) is a rush of tingling across the body, and a sense of well being that just simplifies yours state of mind.   everything becomes slower and simpler.   when i get knocked out of ketosis, the first thing i feel is a drug like relaxation...i get a little bit "loopy", and i think alot of things are funny. after a little while though..you get used to the elevated seratonin levels(what carbs make your body produce), and i dont feel loopy anymore.

many people mistake carbs as being anabolic towards muscle tissue. they are not. they are only anabolic towards the fat cell.    protein synthesis remains elevated when you dont spike insulin, and so does grwoth hormone, glucagon,. acetyl coa, and many other goodies.      if you are bulking...there is no better way to bulk without the fat gain than to bulk with out the carbs.    you see, in the absence of insulin and carbohydrates, and while your body is primarily burning fat for energy, the storeage of fat is a metabolic impossiblilty.you cant eat thousands upon thousands of calories per day, and if you are in ketosis you will not experience any fat gain. of course... you wont experience any reduction in bf%, because your body will have no reason to pull fat for energy from its own stores; BUT, the thing that matters is, none of those ingested grams of fat will be stored as adipose tissue.  

trust me...ive been eating 7000-10000 calories per day for about 5 days now, and i have gotten a little bit leaner. i have done so because i eat masssive amount of food during the day to spark growth and anabolism...then when i wake up in the morning i do some low intensity cardio and burn off some body fat, then i go right back into eating a huge amount of food...   none of which gets stored as adipose; becausei am in ketosis and my insulin levels are about ZERO    

try it out mother fuckers. you dont be dissapointed.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2008, 11:11:15 AM »
You have lost your mind candi  :-\

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »
You have lost your mind candi  :-\
its impossible to store fat in the absence of carbohydrates. trust me.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2008, 11:44:01 AM »

YOU are an idiot.

Hey dickwad...no need to be an asshole.  I'm just pointing out the plain and simple fact that youre wrong.  Everyone on here sees that but you.  Your actually dilusional.  Don't call me the idiot when i've been nice to you and trying only to educate you on your stupidity.  I've also stuck up for your ass when squatfatter barks at you.  Youre nothing but a little pecker who knows jack shit about nutrition.  You basically cut and paste from wiki all the time...then you try to regurgitate shit out like your some well informed guru.  You know NOTHING about correct dieting dipstick.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2008, 11:46:49 AM »
also explain your "7000 to 10000 cals per day" if youre not eating carbs.  (unless your drinking olive oil)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2008, 11:50:22 AM »
its impossible to store fat in the absence of carbohydrates. trust me.

That I can not do.

7,000-10,000 calories a day? C'mon, who are you kidding  ???

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 11:56:33 AM »
7-10K in calories a day with zero carbs?  :-\

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2008, 11:58:08 AM »

he eats TONS of veggies though...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2008, 12:00:56 PM »
Maybe Candi is a gimmick all along? No way a real person could be this delusional  :-X

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 12:10:11 PM »
hahahahhaa, oh brother, i've heard it all now, what are you doing eating whole sticks of butter along with your protein? ::)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 12:12:46 PM »
hahahahhaa, oh brother, i've heard it all now, what are you doing eating whole sticks of butter along with your protein? ::)

Or washing down his meal with heavy whipping cream?  :-\

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2008, 12:15:06 PM »
he is actually funneling vegetable oil.

You guys all know that in minutes there is gonna be a LONG, UNINFORMED response by this guy, explaining all this...

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
he is actually funneling vegetable oil.

You guys all know that in minutes there is gonna be a LONG, UNINFORMED response by this guy, explaining all this...

::)

waiting....tick tock

Professor??

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2008, 12:19:45 PM »
all natty peanut butter, bacon, steak, sausage...very easy t get a few thousand calories in one sitting with these types of foods. two tablespoons of peanut butter is almost 300 calories. do you know how small two tablespoons is? if im eating eanut butter im eating at least 10 tablespoons. at least.   ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2008, 12:19:53 PM »
hahahhahaa, look at it this way a fuccking large Deep Dish Meat Lovers from Pizza Hut is around 6,000 calories and he's claiming he eats more than that, sometime 4,000 cals more than that FROM PROTEIN AND FATS ALONE, hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa a. ;D