Author Topic: How to fix the economy.  (Read 2782 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: How to fix the economy.
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 06:48:32 PM »
Legalize recreational drugs, prostitution and impose a very heavy tax on both.

Impose a ban on labor unions that are ruining American automakers.

I think its kinda funny when they strike for $36 dollars an hour, and the company says f-off and leaves the country.... ;D

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 11:24:53 AM »
How about cutting some of the gas taxes...many states hit u for 20 plus cents.

But gas taxes is how highway construction and maintenance is financed, minus what is syphoned off to fund unrelated things.  Better to stop the syphoning and reserve gas taxes for actual road construction and maintenance.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 05:51:23 AM »
But gas taxes is how highway construction and maintenance is financed, minus what is syphoned off to fund unrelated things.  Better to stop the syphoning and reserve gas taxes for actual road construction and maintenance.

In some states.

What really needs to happen is we need to become more ingrained in politics as in the past, as in the past in terms of our teachers from the 17th Century such as the Dutch, and use the businesses we have as a political driving force for overseas maneuvers. We need to get back to the dealings, that pocket the country instead of deals that go into the pockets of a few, W. changed the way our politics operate in the foreign country side , limiting the power to only a few corporations, instead of giving many the power to "seize" opportunity for US investment, backed by the US Justice Department.

That will be the good thing about a Hillary, or a McCain, more so Hillary since her Husband is like a senator Byrd in the fact he knows so much about past history and how to repeat it.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 05:58:02 AM »
Very simple.  Put gas prices at $1.00 a gallon for about 2 yrs.   This is how to free up the money in americans pockets. (which right now is none)

If the oil tycoons could do this temporarily, the american money would start to build.

Dropping interest rates will do noting.   Giving americans a tax rebate of 3-600 dollars that they have to spend on gasoline anyway will do nothing...

discuss. 8)

legalize drugs..and tax the bloody crap out of em...
carpe` vaginum!

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 09:19:43 AM »
Here's what needs to happen: People need to start spending money.  They need to see the value in spending even if they don't really have 'enough' to spend, so they will, in the future, then start having enough again.  I get so upset sometimes at all the people freaking out over the economy and then holding onto every last dime and eating out of tin cans.  If everyone just calmed down and didn't alter their lives so much when things get a little shaky, things would never get this bad as they are now(more than a little shaky, now we're in earthquake territory!).  Sorry for being so negative, I was venting.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 10:07:53 AM »
Here's what needs to happen: People need to start spending money.  They need to see the value in spending even if they don't really have 'enough' to spend, so they will, in the future, then start having enough again.  I get so upset sometimes at all the people freaking out over the economy and then holding onto every last dime and eating out of tin cans.  If everyone just calmed down and didn't alter their lives so much when things get a little shaky, things would never get this bad as they are now(more than a little shaky, now we're in earthquake territory!).  Sorry for being so negative, I was venting.

I don't think you have a clear understanding of what is going on in the US economy.

The spending was not a result of increased production, it was the result of home equity extraction available from housing inflation.

People were spending money they did not have, but were able to get away with it because their homes would continually increase in value.

As an investor, I knew that the housing collapse would rock this economy hard, I was expecting this well over two years ago, back when people thought housing was going to "pick up" or "turn around" by spring time.

America is broke, we have no money to spend, only that which we can borrow.  The fact that our government is borrowing money to pass out as "tax rebates" is a good indicator of how broke we are.

Investors were hit hard as well.  I was making 23,000 per month in passive income, only to have it reduced to 3,800 per month with a huge debt service to cover as well.  I was going to quit my day job - thankfully I did not.

Huge losses to hedge funds as well.  I have friends that have lost millions.  This is all private investments, not stock in the stockmarket, as that is propped up by government and will come crashing back down as well, so there is more to come.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 05:18:38 PM »
I don't think you have a clear understanding of what is going on in the US economy.

The spending was not a result of increased production, it was the result of home equity extraction available from housing inflation.

People were spending money they did not have, but were able to get away with it because their homes would continually increase in value.

As an investor, I knew that the housing collapse would rock this economy hard, I was expecting this well over two years ago, back when people thought housing was going to "pick up" or "turn around" by spring time.

America is broke, we have no money to spend, only that which we can borrow.  The fact that our government is borrowing money to pass out as "tax rebates" is a good indicator of how broke we are.

Investors were hit hard as well.  I was making 23,000 per month in passive income, only to have it reduced to 3,800 per month with a huge debt service to cover as well.  I was going to quit my day job - thankfully I did not.

Huge losses to hedge funds as well.  I have friends that have lost millions.  This is all private investments, not stock in the stockmarket, as that is propped up by government and will come crashing back down as well, so there is more to come.

Amen brother. 8)

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 11:32:56 AM »
You are, of course, right.  Sorry, I was just venting.  You are right.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 12:05:24 PM »
You are, of course, right.  Sorry, I was just venting.  You are right.

Yeah, We're all frustrated.  We would love it if there was an easy answer like what conservatives preach, but they have the problem wrongly identified so cannot come up with a solution.

Things will be okay, we just need to be aware of the truth of whats happening, and what to do about it.... 8)