Author Topic: Law Enforcement Appreciation  (Read 43844 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Law Enforcement Appreciation
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2011, 02:59:03 PM »
  different scenario Skip

Of course, you defend the cops, lol.

It's the same basic issue that goes to your bullshit claim about people not being charged if they were a reasonable person who should've known.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2011, 03:13:14 PM »

Of course, you defend the cops, lol.

It's the same basic issue that goes to your bullshit claim about people not being charged if they were a reasonable person who should've known.

SKip, in scenario 1 I don't have a lot of information. It LOOKS to be a secluded area but I don't know that for a fact. It could be right smack dab down town and he should have known. But IF it was an out of way secluded area it would be unlikely someone would be walking by and see it. That there was a camera in the area wouldn't suffice for charges, at least it wouldn't fly here.

Next, you have chain of custody issues. How many people had access to the tape/harddrive/ etc ?

IN the bathroom scenario, the video tape is likely indexed, logged and has a chain of custody when submitted into evidence. Next you have the issue that it is LIKELY that someone would walk into the public restroom. It is also likely the cops were acting on citizen complaints. We have issues at parks here. Dad is bringing little johnny to the park restroom and walks in on John and Bill trading handjobs. They call the cops, cops react with the cameras. We don't do the camera thing here, I think it is a bad idea but that's the difference between the two scenarios.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2011, 03:23:36 PM »
should this be moved to the cop bashing .. I mean Police State thread?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2011, 03:32:34 PM »
SKip, in scenario 1 I don't have a lot of information. It LOOKS to be a secluded area but I don't know that for a fact. It could be right smack dab down town and he should have known. But IF it was an out of way secluded area it would be unlikely someone would be walking by and see it. That there was a camera in the area wouldn't suffice for charges, at least it wouldn't fly here.

Next, you have chain of custody issues. How many people had access to the tape/harddrive/ etc ?

IN the bathroom scenario, the video tape is likely indexed, logged and has a chain of custody when submitted into evidence. Next you have the issue that it is LIKELY that someone would walk into the public restroom. It is also likely the cops were acting on citizen complaints. We have issues at parks here. Dad is bringing little johnny to the park restroom and walks in on John and Bill trading handjobs. They call the cops, cops react with the cameras. We don't do the camera thing here, I think it is a bad idea but that's the difference between the two scenarios.   

Dude, seriously, you've gone from claiming "NO ONE" would be charged with this shit, to well they've been charged but the DA might not prosecute, to it "wouldn't fly here".

If a security camera catches this shit, calls the cops, and they can identify the person, more likely than not, they're gonna charge them.  Hell a quick search reveals tons of instances.  If this cop can beat the rap in court, fine.  But at least charge him and give the appearance of not trying to cover shit up.

And again, this isn't solely a cop issue.  We see this kind of preferential treatment with all public officials and needs to be called out and stopped.

BTW, not trying to bash you at all - you're just a very dishonest person cause you're so hell bent on protecting cops, and I've got no problem calling you out on it.

In the other thread where you're arguing with Tu and 33, I agree with you that the majority of people would probably rate most cops as satisfactory or better.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2011, 03:41:44 PM »
I'll get the thread back on track.  :D

Cop saves choking tot: ‘I’m just happy the baby is alive’

Christopher Elliott didn’t know what to make of the man who banged on the passenger window of his squad car in Logan Square late Wednesday night.

But then the frantic man yelled in broken English: “My baby! My baby is hurt!”

The Chicago Police officer was parked at a Citgo station, filling out paperwork after a hit-and-run. He dropped his work and rushed to help the panicked father.

Thirteen-month-old Fernando, who was in his mother’s arms, “looked white and pale,” said Elliott, 35, who has been a Chicago Police officer for five years.

“I picked him up and started patting him on the back, and then a few seconds later, he started coughing up some food and started crying,” Elliott said.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/6885612-418/cop-saves-choking-tot-im-just-happy-the-baby-is-alive.html

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »

Dude, seriously, you've gone from claiming "NO ONE" would be charged with this shit, to well they've been charged but the DA might not prosecute, to it "wouldn't fly here".

If a security camera catches this shit, calls the cops, and they can identify the person, more likely than not, they're gonna charge them.  Hell a quick search reveals tons of instances.  If this cop can beat the rap in court, fine.  But at least charge him and give the appearance of not trying to cover shit up.

And again, this isn't solely a cop issue.  We see this kind of preferential treatment with all public officials and needs to be called out and stopped.

BTW, not trying to bash you at all - you're just a very dishonest person cause you're so hell bent on protecting cops, and I've got no problem calling you out on it.

In the other thread where you're arguing with Tu and 33, I agree with you that the majority of people would probably rate most cops as satisfactory or better.

Skip, we probably agree more than not.. I hold my officers to a higher standard, as it should be.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2011, 04:20:34 PM »
Skip, we probably agree more than not.. I hold my officers to a higher standard, as it should be.

Unfortunately you do not seem to be the majority.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2011, 06:07:34 PM »
Unfortunately you do not seem to be the majority.

Only in your mind Tu.. the fact is it is the norm

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2011, 06:20:50 PM »
Only in your mind Tu.. the fact is it is the norm
I don't think it's only me who thinks that.

Hell, even your own stat showed what? A 30% dislike?

That's a pretty big portion of the populace.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »
Number of police officers killed in line of duty spikes in 2011
By Kristina Sgueglia and Chris Dignam
updated 1:43 AM EST, Tue December 13, 2011

New York (CNN) -- The number of police officers who have died in the line of duty in 2011 has increased 14 percent nationwide from last year, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.

"We're hearing about more brazen, violent activity today, more cold-blooded murders," said Craig Floyd, chairman and CEO of the fund.

The shooting death of a New York police officer early Monday morning marks the 166th death nationwide in the past 11 months, up from last year's 146, Floyd said.

Veteran police officer Peter Figoski, 47, died after he was shot in the face when he interrupted a robbery in Cypress Hills, Brooklyn, according to Police Commissioner Ray Kelly's official report.

This most recent killing comes just days after the murder of Virginia Tech University police officer Deriek W. Crouse. That death shook a campus still reeling from a 2007 shooting rampage that killed 32 people.

Since last week's shooting at Virginia Tech, three other police officers have been shot and killed, including Figoski, Floyd said.

"For the first time in 14 years, firearms-related deaths will outnumber traffic and 'other'-related deaths," Floyd said.

A National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund preliminary report said that in 2011, 62 law enforcement deaths are attributed to firearms, 60 deaths are attributed to traffic-related instances and 44 are attributed to other causes. This likely will not be the final tally. The full statistical report will be released December 28.

"These deaths come at a time when we're drastically cutting back on budgets for police departments across the country," Floyd said.

According to the International Association of Chiefs of Police, cited by the Department of Justice in a Community Oriented Policing Services report in October, 85 percent of agencies reported they were forced to reduce budgets over the last year.

The Fraternal Order of Police estimated between 12,000 and 15,000 sworn officer positions were lost because of budget reductions, as cited by the Department of Justice.

"Police departments nationwide are being asked to do more with less," said Steve Groeninger, senior communications director of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.

A Law Enforcement Management and Administrative Statistics report indicated there were an average 250 officers per 100,000 people nationwide in 2008. In 2011, the DOJ Community Oriented Policing Services division reports a drop in the police to population ratio, to an average of 181 to 100,000.

Groeninger said the increased death toll can be attributed to budget cuts and what he referred to as a criminal's affinity for violence by gun. There is a tendency of previously incarcerated individuals to go desperately rogue when approached by the officials of law, and "shoot their way out of a situation," he said.

"We're seeing more of that in recent years," he said.

In January 2011, CNN reported four law enforcement shooting deaths in Florida stemming from two instances when officers tried to take in wanted criminals.
Floyd said he believes the numbers are a testament to the times.

"I think that we have a strong anti-government sentiment in our country, similar to the 1970s, the deadliest decade in law enforcement."

The decade that witnessed the end of the Vietnam War, multiple energy crises, a weakening economy and the impeachment of a president also saw the loss of 2,286 law enforcement officers. That is an average of almost 229 officer fatalities per year.

"In the '70s we saw a lot of protests and disrespect for law enforcement officials, and we're seeing the same thing today," he said.

The deadliest day in law enforcement history remains September 11, 2001, when 72 officers died while responding to the terrorist attacks on the United States.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/12/us/law-enforcement-deaths-2011/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2011, 01:56:23 PM »
Officer comforting woman pinned by bus: I'll stay
By Associated Press
POSTED: 07:15 a.m. HST, Dec 15, 2011
LAST UPDATED: 09:41 a.m. HST, Dec 15, 2011

AP

This photo released by the West Valley City Police shows police officer Kevin Peck wedged between an icy street and the undercarriage of a commuter bus clutching hands with badly injured Aryann Smith on Dec. 12, 2011.
Ads by Google

Cash-Out Your Settlements How To Sell Structured Settlements For The Best Rate - Guaranteed. www.WoodbridgeInvestment s.com

Airplane Mechanic 101 FAA airplane training nationwide with Financial Aid if you qualify FixJets.com

Independent Broker See how going independent with us can maximize profits and success. LPLbetterindependence.co m

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah >>  A Utah police officer who held the hand of a frightened 24-year-old badly injured woman pinned under a bus said he promised not to leave her until she got out alive.

A photo captures West Valley City officer Kevin Peck wedged between an icy street and the undercarriage of a commuter bus Monday, his blue latex-gloved hands clutching the hands of a Aryann Smith, whose legs were crushed.

"She was very scared. She asked me not to leave. So I said I would just stay under there with her until we got her out," Peck told the Deseret News.

The nine-year department veteran was around the corner when a Utah Transit Authority bus struck and ran over Smith around 10:30 a.m. in a crosswalk.

Peck said he crawled under the bus to take a pulse on the woman, whose legs were gashed open and whose face was hardly visible behind blood and her hair. Smith told him she couldn't feel anything below her waist.

The two didn't let go until fire crews lifted the vehicle off of her.

"She was afraid she was going to die. And myself being under there, I'm just praying and hoping for some reason the bus doesn't move," Peck said. "We're right next to the tire underneath the bus, just trying to reassure her and keep her calm."

The woman told Peck she had been on her way to see a child who her mother was caring for down the road when she was struck. Peck said it took several minutes for emergency personnel to slide a backboard below Smith and pull her from under the vehicle.

She was taken to the hospital, and is not expected to lose her legs.

Police say it appears the bus driver didn't see Smith while she was in the crosswalk and failed to yield. Authorities say the driver was cited and is on paid administrative leave pending an internal investigation.

Peck said he hopes to visit Smith in the hospital, and told the newspaper that the experience reminded him of why he became an officer in the first place — to help people.

"I think sometimes as a police officer I forget that, until you're in a situation that doesn't require arresting anybody or investigating some sort of crime," he said.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/Officer_comforting_woman_pinned_by_bus_Ill_stay__.html

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2011, 08:24:55 PM »
How exciting... we went 5 months and you got 2 more entire "good cop" stories... How will we possibly be able to keep up with all of the good the cops are doing out there?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2011, 08:33:11 PM »
We sadly had a cop killed in NYC a few days ago as a result of a incompetent judge who let the ghetto ape out on ROR.   Disgraceful.   And I don't give a shit if I am called a racist, the perp is a fucking ghetto ape and animal savage who should have been aborted by his crack hoe mamma at birth. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2011, 07:36:40 AM »
How exciting... we went 5 months and you got 2 more entire "good cop" stories... How will we possibly be able to keep up with all of the good the cops are doing out there?

You can't possibly that stupid can you? You think every good cop story is posted here? What's the point? It's like posting stories every time the the sun sets.. "Sun set today!"... "Sun set again today!!" 

Don't be an idiot Tu..

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2011, 06:31:25 PM »
You can't possibly that stupid can you? You think every good cop story is posted here? What's the point? It's like posting stories every time the the sun sets.. "Sun set today!"... "Sun set again today!!" 

Don't be an idiot Tu..

Beach Bum posts EVERY single thing that some "democrat" does wrong... so I'm sure he'd be just as inclined to post the great things that cops do EVERY day.

Beach is on YOUR side... I'm sure he wouldn't just let you guys go down like that... This guy has TONS of free time to post in his Democratic misdeeds thread.

He can spare a couple of minutes for you guys every day.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2011, 11:00:59 PM »
Beach Bum posts EVERY single thing that some "democrat" does wrong... so I'm sure he'd be just as inclined to post the great things that cops do EVERY day.

Beach is on YOUR side... I'm sure he wouldn't just let you guys go down like that... This guy has TONS of free time to post in his Democratic misdeeds thread.

He can spare a couple of minutes for you guys every day.

Not a thing you said matters as far as the context of the argument goes. But you already know that.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2011, 06:46:30 PM »
Not a thing you said matters as far as the context of the argument goes. But you already know that.

I think it does, but we agree on almost nothing, so I wouldn't expect you to understand the nuance.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2011, 08:42:29 AM »
I think it does, but we agree on almost nothing, so I wouldn't expect you to understand the nuance.

true, I'm grounded in reality so it is difficult for me to understand you..

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2011, 11:13:24 AM »
true, I'm grounded in reality so it is difficult for me to understand you..

Your reality says there's no blue line or anything... Your idea of reality is so skewed it's not funny.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2011, 07:20:26 AM »
Your reality says there's no blue line or anything... Your idea of reality is so skewed it's not funny.

You are a master of misqouting... "no blue line or anything".. So I will repeat myself with the answer my own questions routine

Do I think all cops are wonderful heros? No, of course not. We hire from the public and even though we make every attempt to screen out problems, some do get through.

Do I think the blue wall is non existant?  No. It exists today in many areas but it is no where near what it used to be. There have been great strides in reducing it and making policing more transparent. If you doubt it, you just have to look at how many I.A. cases are originated in house verses citizens. Cops are reporting cops to cops more than citizens report cops to cops. Also in many departments almost everything is recorded. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2012, 03:23:48 PM »
Los Angeles reserve deputy is reluctant -- and private -- hero
By Ashley Hayes, CNN
updated 8:14 AM EST, Sat January 7, 2012

Reserve Deputy Shervin Lalezary wins praise after arresting an arson suspect in a string of fires in the Los Angeles area.

What started out as a wee-hours traffic stop wound up catapulting a 30-year-old California real estate attorney and reserve sheriff's deputy into an unfamiliar -- and uncomfortable -- role: that of hero.
It was Shervin Lalezary who put the cuffs on Harry Burkhart, a 24-year-old German national whom Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca called "perhaps ... the most dangerous arsonist in the county of Los Angeles that I can recall."

Burkhart is suspected of setting a rash of car and building fires across the city. Following his arrest, no more suspicious fires were documented in Los Angeles, authorities said.

Lalezary was working his $1-per-year job as a reserve deputy with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department early January 2. Normally a part-time deputy, the Tehran, Iran, native had been working full time for four days as a spate of arson fires -- more than 50 in all -- had Angelenos on alert.

"You just got the sense that everyone in the city was on edge, rightfully so, because of what was happening," Lalezary told reporters.

He recalled "seeing residents flee from their homes and basically run for their lives."

Armed with a description of a possible suspect and vehicle gleaned from a surveillance video released by police, Lalezary pulled over a van and shone a spotlight inside.

The man he saw fit the description -- a white male adult with a short ponytail and a receding hairline.

"That was very distinct information about a person," Lalezary said. The sighting "was a big key."

At the same time, two Los Angeles police officers, seeing Lalezary put on his flashing lights to initiate the traffic stop, pulled in behind him.

Questions remain about how much Lalezary knew about the man in the van when he pulled him over. The U.S. State Department said its agents recognized Burkhart on the surveillance video from a separate investigation and shared their knowledge with Los Angeles authorities.

Lalezary and the sheriff's department have stayed mum on that aspect. Asked why he pulled the van over, Lalezary flashed a boyish grin and said only, "Information that we had on him ... on the vehicle he was driving. There was a good deal of information being circulated."

But it was Lalezary who was thrust into the spotlight. Questioned by reporters hungry for more about him, he deftly deflected questions about himself and his personal life, choosing to praise the deputies at the sheriff's West Hollywood station.

"As a reserve deputy, I've seen what they do, and I've sat next to them in the car shift after shift after shift, and I have tremendous respect for what they do," he said. "They take the reserve program extremely seriously, and they treat us as one of them when we're in the car."

He declined to talk about any statements Burkhart may have made at the time, as well as his own emotional state.

Lalezary responded politely to an e-mail request for an interview but referred questions to the sheriff's department. He signed the e-mail, "Warmly, Shervin."

"He is very humble. He's a good kid," said sheriff's Capt. Phil Hansen, who heads the department's Reserve Forces Bureau.

He said Lalezary's reticence to accept accolades and his insistence on sharing credit with other officers may be part of the culture -- especially among the reserves.

"Part of being a reserve is striking that balance, because you're not full time," Hansen said.

Lalezary attended both UCLA and the University of Southern California, Baca said. He received his law degree at USC, according to the State Bar of California, which lists his law office as being on Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills. He was admitted to the bar in 2008.

"I've been interested in both law and law enforcement for several years, and I think each influences the other," he told reporters.

After moving from Iran with his family, Lalezary grew up in Beverly Hills, said Steve Whitmore, spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. Lalezary credits his family and upbringing with his desire to give back to the community, Whitmore said.

"He really does just want to provide community service to West Hollywood," Whitmore said.

While reserve deputies are required to work a minimum of 20 hours a week, Whitmore said Lalezary "loves it so much, he's out once or twice a week in a patrol car."

Lalezary's younger brother Shawn is also a reserve deputy and told reporters he now has "big shoes to fill."

"I'll continue to strive to be as good of a brother and deputy as he is," Shawn Lalezary said.

The incident has focused attention on reserve deputies, a program used nationwide to provide support for sheriff's departments.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department has 844 reserve deputies in a variety of settings, including mounted patrols on horseback, search and rescue teams, dive teams and helicopter pilots, Hansen said.

The reserve deputies undergo the same training as full-time deputies, except the classes are offered on nights and weekends rather than during the day, he said.

And reserve deputies, with only a token salary, are subject to many of the same hazards as regular officers.

A Facebook page, "In Memory of our Auxiliary Police Officers," provides a lengthy list of reserve and auxiliary officers who died in the line of duty nationwide.
When patrolling, Hansen notes, "You never know what you're rolling up on."

Reserve deputies provided 175,000 hours to the sheriff's department last year, Baca said.

"That's a tremendous resource for our department," the sheriff said. "They're a huge part of what we do. These are people that really step forward and literally at times put their life on the line for a dollar a year."

Requirements for being a Los Angeles County reserve deputy include being a U.S. citizen, passing a thorough background check, holding a high school diploma and being employed or a full-time student.

They are much the same requirements as for regular police officers or sheriff's deputies, Hansen said.

Lalezary became a Level 1 reserve deputy -- meaning he could patrol alone -- in December after completing the requisite 1,064 hours of training, Whitmore said. Burkhart's arrest came during Lalezary's fourth solo patrol shift.

"I think the beautiful thing about our program is it mirrors the full-time program exactly," Lalezary told reporters. While the training is held at different times, "everything we do is the same."

"When reserve deputies are out on patrol, the public doesn't know whether it's a reserve deputy or a full-time deputy," he said. "It makes no difference and rightfully so. The training doesn't make any difference either."

In many instances, the reservists are unsung heroes because of their assistance in cases that aren't as high profile, Hansen said. The search and rescue teams, for instance, "do some fabulous work, and they rescue people on a regular basis," he said. "The public just knows it's the sheriff's department. ... They're involved in some very dangerous and technically demanding rescue work in the mountains."

About a month ago, a reserve team helped local authorities recover the bodies of people who had died in a mining accident, he said.

Lalezary is "very humble," Hansen said. "He knows ... that there's another 843 folks that are doing very similar work and doing great things. ... In terms of the danger or the dedication and work ethic and everything else, there's a lot of other people doing the same thing on a daily basis."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/07/justice/california-deputy-arrest/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »
HPD officer killed Saturday night identified as Garret Davis, 28
By Dan Nakaso
POSTED: 12:05 p.m. HST, Jan 22, 2012
LAST UPDATED: 01:11 p.m. HST, Jan 22, 2012

COURTESY HPD
Honolulu Police officer Garret Davis was killed in a motor vehicle accident on the H-1 freeway eastbound in Aiea when his HPD vehicle was hit by a truck when he stopped to help a stalled motorist in the left lane.

Official Obama Website It's time to do it again. Join Barack Obama's 2012 campaign now. www.BarackObama.com

Get Rid of Your Timeshare Don't want your timeshare? We do! BBB rated company. Free inquiry. GiveBackTimeshare.com/Timeshare

5 Foods you must not eat: Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods. Beyonddiet.com

Police Chief Louis Kealoha identified the officer who was killed Saturday night while helping stranded motorists on the H-1 freeway as 3-year patrol officer Garret Davis as Kealoha urged Honolulu drivers to drive more carefully.

"People gotta slow down on the highways," Kealoha said today at HPD headquarters, where a memorial to Davis was set up.

Davis, 28, graduated from the HPD academy in 2008 with the 161st cadet class.

He grew up in Folsom, Calif., attended San Francisco State University and moved to Honolulu to join the police department, HPD spokeswoman Caroline Sluyter said.

Davis has a young daughter who lives in California, Sluyter said. Services are pending.

Davis was assigned to the Wahiawa sub-station and was delivering paperwork to the main headquarters on Beretania Street when he stopped in the far, left-hand lane of the east-bound, H-1 freeway at the Kaonohi Street overpass in Aiea to help a 32-year-old man and a 22-year-old woman in a stalled vehicle, Kealoha said.

He had turned on the blue lights to his patrol car when he was allegedly struck from behind by a 41-year-old man driving a Chevrolet Silverado, Kealoha said.

"Officer Davis turned on his blue lights and stopped behind the stalled vehicle to shield it from on-coming traffic and to alert other drivers to the stall," Kealoha said.

Davis' patrol car was then rammed into the stalled vehicle and caught on fire, Kealoha said.

"He didn't even have a chance to get out," Kealoha said.

Emergency Medical Services personnel said the officer's car was hit at 8:19 p.m., sending it crashing into a pickup truck.

The couple Davis was trying to help was taken to a hospital in guarded condition, Kealoha said.

The driver of the Silverado was arrested for investigation of negligent homicide when he was released from a hospital, Kealoha said.

The collision occurred in clear weather but investigators are trying to determine whether speed or alcohol were factors, Kealoha said.

"Officer Davis was a fine young officer beginning his career in HPD," Kealoha said.

In 2010, Davis received the HPD certificate of merit for helping save a suicidal woman two miles off-shore in Haleiwa while riding on a Honolulu lifeguard personal watercraft.

"Although not a swimmer himself, Officer Davis assisted lifeguards on a personal watercraft and was able to bring the woman ashore safely," Kealoha said. "Last night he was again trying to help others when the fatal collision occurred. ... We are devastated by his loss but we send our prayers and condolences to his family. This is the second time in less than six months that an HPD officer has been killed on our roadways. Our officers risk their lives daily to protect our community and I am pleading with all of you to help protect them while driving with care when you see them performing their duties on our highways."

On Sept. 13, James Dorsey Mancao's pickup truck plowed into police cars stopped beside Farrington Highway near Ko Olina. Officer Eric Fontes was struck and killed, and officer Herman Scanlan was injured.

Emergency workers are pushing lawmakers to pass a bill requiring motorists to give a one-lane safety cushion, or to slow down, when driving around an emergency vehicle stopped on the road.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/137857518.html?id=137857518

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »
i get pulled over all the time but never get a ticket........i wonder why ???

bench
Corruption?

G

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2012, 12:07:13 PM »
Corruption?

I'm reading an interesting book on police Ethics. Corruption of the Noble Cause. Makes reference to a Stanford University Prison Experiment back in the 70's that was quite eye opening.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
he's having sex in public.  tha'ts illegal.  we try that, we're going to be registered as sex offenders.