Author Topic: DeShaun Grimez signs with Team Muscletech  (Read 5348 times)

beazzcaine

• Getbig II
Re: DeShaun Grimez signs with Team Muscletech
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 10:10:12 PM »
beazzcaine with all due respect I think that many supplement companies have missed the mark from a marketing perspective because they have promoted athletes whom the average bodybuilder can not identify with. Most bodybuilders out there have real jobs, families they support, and the gym is their outlet. As a competitor myself I know that this balance is tough. I may not step on the Olympia stage but I have won my fair share of shows over the years and I have been around the sport long enough to see supplement companies back guys who may have good physiques but live a life that is simply short sighted and has no appeal to me and I AM A BODYBUILDER. So perhaps Muscletech recognizes that 1.) DeShaun does have a great and balanced physique and 2.) Is exactly like most guys out there working hard for himself and his family all while pursuing his passion and not in a way that ultimately causes him to compromise himself or those around him.

That being said his physique is awesome...certainly good enough to earn a pro card and get an invite to the Arnold out of the gates. But I am sure that your physique is much better............

Well said but I don't think that's an "awesome physique"....to each his own opinion.  There are much better bodybuilders out there who as you said... 1.) have greater balanced physiques, and 2.) all support their families while working and pursuing a passion and not in a way that causes him to compromise himself or those around him??.... (this whole industry is a compromise with both family and life).  I'm not knockin the guy, I'm just amazed at MuscleTech signing him.  I would think if a company really wants to appeal to a larger more diverse bodybuilding crowd, they need to market bodybuilders who "LOOK" incredible 3 days or 1 day out.  It almost seems like they they settle for what they can pay the least amount of money for...an average bodybuilder with a career that is "short sighted" as you put it....

And of course my physique is much better..... :P