Author Topic: The Obama Cult Revealed!  (Read 5678 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: The Obama Cult Revealed!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 04:19:46 PM »
Yes, you are. Those quotes means he'd keep limited troops in the region to perform specific tasks as opposed to keeping 150,000 troops  in the region who have no specific goals other than to hit arbitrary benchmarks to prolong an increasingly pointless war.

His position sounds no different to me than McCains, which is essentially, the amount of troops will fit the need according to the threat of terrorist attacks on America.

Petraeus says troop levels will have to be further reduced, (due to strain on the military), after mid-2008, when they are expected to return to pre-"surge" levels of about 130,000.

So is a limited amount 130,000? Is it 50,000? 10,000?

This could mean many more years of $$$$$ and dead men.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2008, 05:16:55 PM »
The difference lies in the fact that the two men have different ideas about what constitutes need. McCain thinks the war was a good idea and wants to continue it. Obama's stance is to end the war and focus on limited militaristic strategies with clear goals and timelines. Thst is a huge difference. Just taking into account what was posted in this thread, it's clear that Obama is talking about a far more drastic reduction than pre-surge levels.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2008, 05:28:57 PM »
The difference lies in the fact that the two men have different ideas about what constitutes need. McCain thinks the war was a good idea and wants to continue it. Obama's stance is to end the war and focus on limited militaristic strategies with clear goals and timelines. Thst is a huge difference. Just taking into account what was posted in this thread, it's clear that Obama is talking about a far more drastic reduction than pre-surge levels.

Time will tell.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 05:55:45 PM »
I'm with headhunter:  this man should not be Commander in Chief. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2008, 06:07:39 PM »
I'm with headhunter:  this man should not be Commander in Chief. 
Do you believe Bush has done better than Obama will?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2008, 06:11:43 PM »
Do you believe Bush has done better than Obama will?

Now there's an impossible question.  Who knows for certain?  I don't know what Obama would face as Commander in Chief and how that would compare to what Bush has already done.  But I will say he's clueless on military matters.  I think a better question is whether Obama will be better than McCain as CIC.  I can answer that one.   :)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2008, 06:20:26 PM »
Now there's an impossible question.  Who knows for certain?  I don't know what Obama would face as Commander in Chief and how that would compare to what Bush has already done.  But I will say he's clueless on military matters.  I think a better question is whether Obama will be better than McCain as CIC.  I can answer that one.   :)

McCain has served on the Senate Armed Services Committee since before I hit puberty.  Given the glorious state of the Dept of Def and the other outfits its oversees, I can answer this one too.

I DON'T WANT MCCAIN TO HAVE RESPONSIBILITY OVER ANYTHING MILITARY!

Graduating near the bottom of your class at the Naval Academy is not a credential (guess nepotism will only get you so far).  Another dubious cedential is being a POW for five and a half years.  It's testament to his durability, but nothing else.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2008, 06:30:17 PM »
McCain has served on the Senate Armed Services Committee since before I hit puberty.  Given the glorious state of the Dept of Def and the other outfits its oversees, I can answer this one too.

I DON'T WANT MCCAIN TO HAVE RESPONSIBILITY OVER ANYTHING MILITARY!

Graduating near the bottom of your class at the Naval Academy is not a credential (guess nepotism will only get you so far).  Another dubious cedential is being a POW for five and a half years.  It's testament to his durability, but nothing else.

Here is McCain's military experience:

Both McCain's grandfather and his father were Admirals in the United States Navy. McCain attended the United States Naval Academy and graduated in 1958. He became a naval aviator, flying attack aircraft from carriers. During the Vietnam War in 1967, he narrowly escaped death in the Forrestal fire. On his twenty-third bombing mission over North Vietnam later in 1967, he was shot down and badly injured. He then endured five and a half years as a prisoner of war, including periods of torture, before he was released following the Paris Peace Accords in 1973.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

Add to that his years in the Senate. 

Compare that to Obama's experience, which is probably limited to PlayStation games.  No comparison IMO.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2008, 06:34:55 PM »
Here is McCain's military experience:

Both McCain's grandfather and his father were Admirals in the United States Navy. McCain attended the United States Naval Academy and graduated in 1958. He became a naval aviator, flying attack aircraft from carriers. During the Vietnam War in 1967, he narrowly escaped death in the Forrestal fire. On his twenty-third bombing mission over North Vietnam later in 1967, he was shot down and badly injured. He then endured five and a half years as a prisoner of war, including periods of torture, before he was released following the Paris Peace Accords in 1973.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

Add to that his years in the Senate. 

Compare that to Obama's experience, which is probably limited to PlayStation games.  No comparison IMO.

As I mentioned in my previous post....

getting into the Naval academy because of family connections and then scraping by,

and being a durable guy doesn't mean he has the capability to be CEO of this country.

If he had great leadership skills they would have manifested themselves in the 20 odd years he has spent on the ASC.  But they haven't.

At this point, I'm willing to give someone else a shot.

Lincoln didn't come under fire, but he did just fine.....

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2008, 06:42:35 PM »
Ill have to look into this.  But Ive seen the vets are against mccain, because he sold them out for his own skin.....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2008, 06:43:14 PM »
As I mentioned in my previous post....

getting into the Naval academy because of family connections and then scraping by,

and being a durable guy doesn't mean he has the capability to be CEO of this country.

If he had great leadership skills they would have manifested themselves in the 20 odd years he has spent on the ASC.  But they haven't.

At this point, I'm willing to give someone else a shot.

Lincoln didn't come under fire, but he did just fine.....

As I mentioned in my previous post . . .

McCain's military credentials are outstanding, while Obama has as much experience as Snoopy (who often fantasized about flying duels with the Red Barron).  I'm sure the fact that McCain's father and grandfather were both Admirals helped him get into the Naval Academy, but that doesn't change the fact that he went to the Naval Academy.  Or that he served in combat.

Really not much of a comparison IMO.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2008, 06:52:15 PM »
Ill have to look into this.  But Ive seen the vets are against mccain, because he sold them out for his own skin.....

Yup, I know several Vietnam vets who are still pissed at him for selling out so that Clinton could pursue his foreign policy agenda.  The Vietnamese deigned to deal with Clinton because he successfully avoided being drafted.

It doesn't matter if somebody does get left behind when it's a question of political expediency for McCain. Hahaha....this is a guy who flirted with becomin a Dem. 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2008, 07:16:30 PM »
Reagan was the only divorced president in our history.  His wife left him for some loser actor.

Now we have another divorcee, McCain.  Here's his story of how, unlike Reagan, he did not stand by the vows he made......

Excerpted (by me :D) from an article written by Nicholas Kristof.

In his tiny cubicle in the Russell Senate Office Building, in the lowest foothills of political power, a frustrated Navy officer wrestled with friends over what to do with his life.

It was 1979, and it was becoming clear that he would never make admiral like his father and grandfather. He had always dreamed of doing something great, of imprinting his name on the history books, but at age 42 he found himself with a stuttering military career and no base from which to go into politics.

On top of that, his personal life was a mess: Although he was still living with his wife, he was aggressively courting a 25-year-old woman who was as beautiful as she was rich.

For a candidate running on character and biography, it is also an awkward time to remember: Mr. McCain abandoned his wife, who had reared their three children while he was in Vietnamese prisons, and he then began his political career with the resources of his new wife's family.
His wife, Carol, a tall, slim woman who had once been a model, had nearly died in a car wreck in 1969. H. Ross Perot, the businessman and advocate of prisoners of war, had paid for her medical care, but the injuries left her four inches shorter and on crutches, and she had gained a good deal of weight.

Mr. McCain has acknowledged running around with women and accepted responsibility for the breakup of the marriage, without going into details.

Over the next six months, Mr. McCain pursued Miss Hensley aggressively, flying around the country to see her, and he began to push to end his marriage. Friends say that Carol McCain was in shock.

Late that year, the McCains finally separated, and Mrs. McCain accepted a divorce the next February. Mr. McCain promptly married Miss Hensley, his present wife.

.......Mr. McCain's three children in the first marriage were less forgiving .... and none of them were in attendance when he married Cindy. No one blamed Cindy, however, for she seemed shy and it was clear that Mr. McCain had been the pursuer.

Maybe next week we'll do an expose of his involvement with the S&L scandal.  This man makes Giuliani seems like a paragon of virtue. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2008, 07:22:09 PM »
Hahaha.   Male Whores.!!! ;D

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008, 07:23:16 PM »
Hahaha.   Male Whores.!!! ;D

For President!!!!! ;D

Seriously, this guy has always been willing to sell himself to the highest bidder.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2008, 12:06:32 AM »
I don't like Obama.  He gives me the skeeves.  Go look at the original movie, "1984" made in the 1950's....

Our leaders should not repeat phrases over and over like a leader talking to his cult followers.  Too damn many idiots.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 12:22:48 AM »
I don't like Obama.  He gives me the skeeves.  Go look at the original movie, "1984" made in the 1950's....

Our leaders should not repeat phrases over and over like a leader talking to his cult followers.  Too damn many idiots.

Ah, dude is repeating things for different crowds.  They all do that running for office ::)

However, Bush did it in office all the time!

If I had a dime for everytime I saw the president repeat the same freaking thing over and over and watched it echo through the administration, to Fox News word for word and out through the republican ranks word for word and out to the talk circut word for word and on through talk radio and the pudits word for word.  The republicans are masters of "catapulting the propaganda"  Check that with 1984 ;)

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2008, 12:48:20 AM »
You may be missing what I mean. 

When Jesse Jackson starts that "I AM SOME-BODY....I AM SOME-BODY...."

I'm talking about the preacher schtick.

Is he running for President or Messiah?  Don't like the guy.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2008, 01:20:06 AM »
You may be missing what I mean. 

When Jesse Jackson starts that "I AM SOME-BODY....I AM SOME-BODY...."

I'm talking about the preacher schtick.

Is he running for President or Messiah?  Don't like the guy.

no, I don't get what you mean.  I've seen many other candidates who repeat in some fashion several times during a stop, "me me me"  If you're looking for a 1984 connection, this ain't it.  Fine, you don't like the guy.  I'm just saying your reasons and 1984 example is bogus.  You want to talk 1984, let's talk about the vast doublespeak/doublethink from this administration.  Let's talk about perpetual war/war on terror.  Let's talk about the ministry of thruth/dedicated News Channel to the Bush Message--FOX NEWS, the Pentagon actively engaging in a campaign with the media and the internet to change the paradigm of perception.  on and on with these guys, If I didn't know better, i would say Bush used 1984 for his playbook.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2008, 02:22:04 AM »
no, I don't get what you mean.  I've seen many other candidates who repeat in some fashion several times during a stop, "me me me"  If you're looking for a 1984 connection, this ain't it.  Fine, you don't like the guy.  I'm just saying your reasons and 1984 example is bogus.  You want to talk 1984, let's talk about the vast doublespeak/doublethink from this administration.  Let's talk about perpetual war/war on terror.  Let's talk about the ministry of thruth/dedicated News Channel to the Bush Message--FOX NEWS, the Pentagon actively engaging in a campaign with the media and the internet to change the paradigm of perception.  on and on with these guys, If I didn't know better, i would say Bush used 1984 for his playbook.

Yeah, I get what you are saying.  Except that I'm no fan of Bush either.  He has bullied his way through the govt. for 7 years.   Telling me how horrible Bush is doesn't convince me about Obama.

What I will say is that Hillary and Guilliani were the front runners all last summer, and I still consider them as the best leaders of the group.

That is, those who will provide sane leadership and keep the country "afloat" through troubling times.

We've seen what happens when idiots get into office - reference Carter & our current president.

I don't care about party affiliations, but the capacity to lead the country and provide leadership on the international stage.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2008, 02:23:34 AM »

What I will say is that Hillary and Guilliani were the front runners all last summer, and I still consider them as the best leaders of the group.

::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2008, 03:32:11 AM »
since 1988 this country has been run by a bush or a clinton.

these two families have occupied the W.H. the last 20 yrs.....and they both failed.

enough is enough.......time for real change.

[/quote

That's right. Hugo Chavez for President and Neurotoxin for VP!
I hate the State.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2008, 06:46:54 AM »

All the hot bitches are supporting Obama.

And like most teenage boys, I'll do whatever necessary to get laid.   ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2008, 07:51:59 AM »
Interesting debate.....note to libs.,..OBAMA can't and won't pull out oif Iraq. Once he's in office he'll get his first brief as Commander in Chief and be told to allow the adults to run the war and to shut the hell up. He'll be forced to bring in a strong foreign policy team, by the Democratic party, or he'll end as the 2nd biggest failure next to Carter, we've ever had.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2008, 08:18:49 AM »
Obama Cult?  Cult of personality maybe.  Ron Paul supporters have been tagged the same way.  In economic terms, a candidate cannot claim fiscal conservancy and support the war in Iraq.

The Iraq war is bankrupting this country...along with the ruinous Bush tax cuts.

As for ending the war, there never really was a war with Iraq was there?  We attacked and occupied the country.  The cost of occupying Iraq is putting the US in debt to the Chinese.  Not a good tactical move if we want to stay the world's only superpower.

Obama's foreign policy is good but his domestic policy is weak in places.  He tries to be conciliatory to the right in this country and that's just leading the lamb to slaughter.  His Universal Care plan is not universal and its supposed to work with insurance companies that will supposedly voluntarily surrender profit/market share on a willing basis.