Author Topic: Increased gun control in the future? 2nd amendment repeal?  (Read 7325 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Increased gun control in the future? 2nd amendment repeal?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 04:59:17 AM »
In SW Florida, there have been a string of home invasions in the last 6 months.  Teams of 2-3 men in ski masks kick down door in dead of night and tie people up.  Several of the people have been shot, even while cooperating.  The police do zero good, because when you're awoken with someone kicking in your bedroom window, you have about 3 seconds to react.  Finding your cell and dialing 911 isn't usually possible.  Picking up your glock and putting 15 rounds into whatever is kicking in your bedroom window - not 100% foolproof but it sure does help even the odds a bit.

I've carried a gun for 11 years now.  Every day.  It's just another tool.  I've had flat tires in the middle of night on interstate, been accosted by bad people before.  Never pointed not revealed it.  But it's there should I ever find myself in a place where someone intends to harm me.

You are really fucking all American 240. Republican devotee running around with a concealed weapon...fucking awesome!  ::)
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 06:41:37 AM »
i'm not 'running around with a concealed weapon'.

Im' living my life like many in rural areas where dangers can vary and police response times aren't that great. 

a small % of people are always going to run into random violence - it's undeniable, right?  why not be prepared for that small chance it'll happen to you? 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 06:54:21 AM »

Im' living my life like many in rural areas where dangers can vary and police response times aren't that great. 

a small % of people are always going to run into random violence - it's undeniable, right?  why not be prepared for that small chance it'll happen to you? 

Meh, glad I don't live there....
I hate the State.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 07:08:38 AM »
Repealing the 2nd amendment won't likely happen...too many procedural barriers.

According to the Courts, the 2nd Am. does not guarantee an individual right to carry a gun anyways.

However, if it were repealed and if the 2nd A. was the source for individual gun rights, then this issue would devolve to the States to regulate. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 07:38:12 AM »

Its never some redneck who's had a gun his whole life, that does these shootings..its always some mal-adjusted geek. I'm like 240..carry concealed occasionally. The news in KC, where I'm stationed is all murders..mostly in the inner city ...KCK, where the bangers live...but unlike many cities in the north, the good and bad sections run into each other. If u don't want a gun...get a big dog. I have both but put my faith in the pistol. And 240...gotta love unloading the entire mag into the prick comment.. ;D
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 01:13:34 PM »
Meh, glad I don't live there....
you say that in every thread well we're glad you dont live here too

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 01:29:38 PM »
 :D
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 04:45:13 PM »
you say that in every thread well we're glad you dont live here too

It's entirely mutual. In Europe your obsession wth guns would fall on deaf ears.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »
Oh I know...Europeans are so much better off. I mean the mult-culturalism that has completely stangled them...or the fact that they pay huge taxes...the list is endless.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 05:35:50 PM »
It's entirely mutual. In Europe your obsession wth guns would fall on deaf ears.
and thats why im proud to be an AMERICAN

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 06:13:23 PM »
and thats why im proud to be an AMERICAN

Hahah....you are proud of the geographical accident of your birth?!  :D Amazing.

If you had been born (once again due to accident) in France, you would be saying you are proud to be Fench, or in Korea likewise.

Nationalism, patriotism are silly arbitrary creeds; the truth is the only thing one CAN be proud of is one's personal accomplisments, those things not occurring as a result of arbitrariness such as your birth country.

Else I would say I am proud to be a New Yorker, from the greatest, most amazing city in the USA. Yes it is that but I am NOT proud of it.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 06:16:57 PM »
Oh I know...Europeans are so much better off. I mean the mult-culturalism that has completely stangled them...or the fact that they pay huge taxes...the list is endless.

Yes, Europe has made a mistake with Islam.

Yes they have higher taxes but....they are better educated, live longer, are healthier and have better health care.

So much better off no, better off yes.

I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 06:36:28 PM »
Hahah....you are proud of the geographical accident of your birth?!  :D Amazing.

If you had been born (once again due to accident) in France, you would be saying you are proud to be Fench, or in Korea likewise.

Nationalism, patriotism are silly arbitrary creeds; the truth is the only thing one CAN be proud of is one's personal accomplisments, those things not occurring as a result of arbitrariness such as your birth country.

Else I would say I am proud to be a New Yorker, from the greatest, most amazing city in the USA. Yes it is that but I am NOT proud of it.
well seeing as my mother is an immigrant I could have been born in any number of countries but she chose the USA so therefor it was no accident. I pity you and if your country is full of people who share your outlook on things your country is indeed doomed...your the type of person that will tuck tail and run when the shit hits the fan instead of stand beside your fellow country man, whether you want to admit it or not the majority of people around the world will pass judgement on you for one reason or another and if their going to lump us into a category i.e. Americans, then we might as well share some solidarity.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 06:50:25 PM »
well seeing as my mother is an immigrant I could have been born in any number of countries but she chose the USA so therefor it was no accident. I pity you and if your country is full of people who share your outlook on things your country is indeed doomed...your the type of person that will tuck tail and run when the shit hits the fan instead of stand beside your fellow country man, whether you want to admit it or not the majority of people around the world will pass judgement on you for one reason or another and if their going to lump us into a category i.e. Americans, then we might as well share some solidarity.

I am American. I come from NYC, greatest city in the country. I have travelled the country and the world.

Most Americans don't realise how many options are out there, financially, experientially or otherwise. I have and I am taking advantage of it. The world is vast and has much to offer, why spend your whole life in a tiny corner of it?
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2008, 07:10:53 PM »

Its never some redneck who's had a gun his whole life, that does these shootings..its always some mal-adjusted geek. I'm like 240..carry concealed occasionally. The news in KC, where I'm stationed is all murders..mostly in the inner city ...KCK, where the bangers live...but unlike many cities in the north, the good and bad sections run into each other. If u don't want a gun...get a big dog. I have both but put my faith in the pistol. And 240...gotta love unloading the entire mag into the prick comment.. ;D

LOL...

My dad was a federal firearms dealer, so I was shooting an M-16 in our modified basement-shooting range at age 12.  I never really liked them, but grew to accept them as a part of regular life. 

I grew up on welfare in the ghetto near cleveland, and moved to a florida trailer park in my teens.   Borrowed my way thru college then started working my ass off.  I'm still not rich, probably never will be, but I live in a pretty nice area now near naples FL, where it's pretty safe, but shit still does occasionally happen.  I know that most of the violence stays in the drug areas, but the recent home invasions were elderly and families, in nice areas.  Just kicked in bedroom door (many have them attached to lanai and beat up/tied up people while robbing them.  That shit is scary.  Statistically, it'll never happen, but damn, if it does, you gotta be ready.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2008, 07:21:59 PM »
LOL...

My dad was a federal firearms dealer, so I was shooting an M-16 in our modified basement-shooting range at age 12.  I never really liked them, but grew to accept them as a part of regular life. 

I grew up on welfare in the ghetto near cleveland, and moved to a florida trailer park in my teens.   Borrowed my way thru college then started working my ass off.  I'm still not rich, probably never will be, but I live in a pretty nice area now near naples FL, where it's pretty safe, but shit still does occasionally happen.  I know that most of the violence stays in the drug areas, but the recent home invasions were elderly and families, in nice areas.  Just kicked in bedroom door (many have them attached to lanai and beat up/tied up people while robbing them.  That shit is scary.  Statistically, it'll never happen, but damn, if it does, you gotta be ready.

You do realize that many(Most?) states require you to demonstrate that you feared imminent death/serious bodily injury before you can shoot to kill? And you can't shoot to protect property (except maybe in TX and FL).

You're a little paranoid, 240....maybe it's because you grew up in cleveland ghetto.  If someone somehow managed to break into my house, I'd probably go for my bat first. I don't even keep my guns loaded or unlocked.  Sometimes I turn on my alarm before I go to bed........actually, if it was just me at home I'd probably sneak out of the house and wait for the cops.  If I was pissed, felt threatened, I have a muzzle-loader in my garage.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2008, 07:32:29 PM »
yes- i'm well aware of the florida statutes.  I've been shoved, punched, etc, and never once thought of drawing my gun.  I took the punch, let everything get broken up, and walked away.  Despite the new laws jeb passed, I'd still make EVERY effort to flee the scene.  I go out of my way to avoid conflict, I diffuse fights anytime I see them developing, and I'm a peacemaker in life, for the most part.  I believe guns are a tool that should only be used in life/death scenarios.

A lot of gun nuts WANT to shoot someone. I PRAY I'll never be in a situation where I need it. I hope I grow to be an old man and never have to touch it.  I know I'm a little paranoid, and until 3 years ago, I wasn't too bad.  Then 2 armed men walked into my brother's pharmacy with masks, buckets, and a plan to execute him and the owner in the back room once they found the delivery of oxy from that day.  He shot one in the stomach and chose not to shoot the other in the back as he fled.  He has nightmares to this day about it - and the guy with a 45 round in his stomach lived.  He's a little messed up now, very paranoid, and very rattled from it.  I pray that never happens to me.

So I admit I'm a little paranoid... but know that I'd never shooot anything that wasn't about to kill me first.  I am very emotional about gun rights tho-- until recently, I was a single issue voter on gun rights.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2008, 07:39:46 PM »
yes- i'm well aware of the florida statutes.  I've been shoved, punched, etc, and never once thought of drawing my gun.  I took the punch, let everything get broken up, and walked away.  Despite the new laws jeb passed, I'd still make EVERY effort to flee the scene.  I go out of my way to avoid conflict, I diffuse fights anytime I see them developing, and I'm a peacemaker in life, for the most part.  I believe guns are a tool that should only be used in life/death scenarios.

A lot of gun nuts WANT to shoot someone. I PRAY I'll never be in a situation where I need it. I hope I grow to be an old man and never have to touch it.  I know I'm a little paranoid, and until 3 years ago, I wasn't too bad.  Then 2 armed men walked into my brother's pharmacy with masks, buckets, and a plan to execute him and the owner in the back room once they found the delivery of oxy from that day.  He shot one in the stomach and chose not to shoot the other in the back as he fled.  He has nightmares to this day about it - and the guy with a 45 round in his stomach lived.  He's a little messed up now, very paranoid, and very rattled from it.  I pray that never happens to me.

So I admit I'm a little paranoid... but know that I'd never shooot anything that wasn't about to kill me first.  I am very emotional about gun rights tho-- until recently, I was a single issue voter on gun rights.

As long as we rob, pillage and violate the rest of the the world, you'll be ok 240!
I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »
I am American. I come from NYC, greatest city in the country. I have travelled the country and the world.

Most Americans don't realise how many options are out there, financially, experientially or otherwise. I have and I am taking advantage of it. The world is vast and has much to offer, why spend your whole life in a tiny corner of it?
lol i dont know about NYC being the greatest city in the country, but i guess thats a matter of perspective, I too have traveled quite a bit throughout the country and the world, not as much around the world but ive been to a few countries outside of north america and I agree that everybody should see other cultures and countries. It helps bring perspective to your own culture and helps you realize that different cultures arent screwed up or backwards just different than our own, I think the problem with alot of people is that they judge other people by their own standards not the standards of the person their judging. Where do you live now trap?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2008, 10:59:22 PM »
lol i dont know about NYC being the greatest city in the country, but i guess thats a matter of perspective, I too have traveled quite a bit throughout the country and the world, not as much around the world but ive been to a few countries outside of north america and I agree that everybody should see other cultures and countries. It helps bring perspective to your own culture and helps you realize that different cultures arent screwed up or backwards just different than our own, I think the problem with alot of people is that they judge other people by their own standards not the standards of the person their judging. Where do you live now trap?

NYC is not the greatest city in the country.  :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2008, 06:50:14 AM »
I've traveled all over the world....I'd take America in a heartbeat. I don't need to feel coddled by my government. As far as being better educated...i think that might be true in what serves as middle and highschool but our colleges and universities are second to none. I also think not everybody needs or deserves a college education....didn't 40% of Brits under 25 believe Churchill and Richard the Lion Hearted to be myths. Great educational system. None of this will matter when Islam rolls u all back to the 7th century and ur praying for gun toting America to come save ur asses again. The biggest differance is that the average American doesn't look down their noses at Europe...they might not even consider Europe, however Europe seems to have a fascination with trying to knock us downa peg. Its pure jealousy and trying to reliev past glories. I love Europe..but I'm an American...my mother came from Ireland in 67' and my dad was second generation Italian...both sides choose this country. No accident of birth.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2008, 06:54:21 AM »
I've traveled all over the world....I'd take America in a heartbeat. I don't need to feel coddled by my government. As far as being better educated...i think that might be true in what serves as middle and highschool but our colleges and universities are second to none. I also think not everybody needs or deserves a college education....didn't 40% of Brits under 25 believe Churchill and Richard the Lion Hearted to be myths. Great educational system. None of this will matter when Islam rolls u all back to the 7th century and ur praying for gun toting America to come save ur asses again. The biggest differance is that the average American doesn't look down their noses at Europe...they might not even consider Europe, however Europe seems to have a fascination with trying to knock us downa peg. Its pure jealousy and trying to reliev past glories. I love Europe..but I'm an American...my mother came from Ireland in 67' and my dad was second generation Italian...both sides choose this country. No accident of birth.

An accident inasmuch as you had no choice in the matter. Arbitrary.
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 06:58:29 AM »
So based on your idiotic theory, i shouldn't be proud of my country right. I should be a citizen of the world. I guess all the people trying to get to this country from all over the world are mistaken.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2008, 06:59:22 AM »
NYC is not the greatest city in the country.  :)

Silly statement.

NYC has the largest population.
It is the financial centre of the country.
It is the cultural centre of the country.
It is the artistic centre of the country.
It is the cullinary centre of the country.
It is the place most tourists visit when they come to the USA.

There isn't another city in the country that can compare with it.

You have a bunch of beaches in Honolulu, so what?
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2008, 07:03:03 AM »
Boston is the greatest city in the world.  ;D
L