Author Topic: I delcare HD-DVD to be dead !!! BLU-RAY wins...  (Read 2109 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: I delcare HD-DVD to be dead !!! BLU-RAY wins...
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 03:58:38 PM »
Z

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 06:29:10 PM »
who cares.

still i wait for toshiba to confirm it

Is there something "bluto"?

R.I.P. HD DVD
Toshiba today (Tuesday) formally announced the death of HD DVD, thereby ending its two-year-long battle with Sony over next-generation high-definition home video players. "We carefully assessed the long-term impact of continuing the so-called next generation format war and concluded that a swift decision will best help the market develop," Toshiba chief Atsutoshi Nishida told a Tokyo news conference. "It was a tough decision," he added. The company said that it plans to shut down its HD DVD research and manufacturing operations by the end of March. The decision leaves Sony's Blu-ray system as the sole high-definition consumer technology and may end a wait-and-see attitude that has stalled adoption of such systems in U.S. homes. "With a single format, consumers may be more willing to buy high-definition DVD players, helping the market grow," Akio Mizutani, a Tokyo-based researcher at Mizuho Corporate Bank Ltd., told Bloomberg News. But several other analysts pointed out that stand-alone Blu-ray players cost around $400 (versus about $150 for HD DVD players) and that, with either system, a significant improvement in picture quality can be noticed by the average consumer only on the largest home-theater systems.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 06:42:28 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHA bluto owns an HD-DVD  HAHAHAHAHAHa