Author Topic: Ironman: Melvin Anthony guestposing video!(& posedown with Kamali)  (Read 9830 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Melvin Anthony guestposed at 2008 Ironman Pro
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 01:04:19 AM »
trust me ,,many would pay with their first born for gh15 advice,,and im nto kidding

We can tell you aren't kidding with that statement - it just happens to be retarded on par with a Candidate post, that's all!

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Melvin Anthony guestposed at 2008 Ironman Pro(video included)
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 05:20:26 AM »
gh15 giving Heath advice on how to tear a pec (heavy flies) and end career... smart move on gh15's side. one comp less to worry about...

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 05:45:12 AM »
gh15 giving Heath advice on how to tear a pec (heavy flies) and end career... smart move on gh15's side. one comp less to worry about...

i believe in the gh bro - he speaks sense

i also stated once before that jay does this exercise called wide arc dumbell presses ( which is more of a fly with a slight press at the top) and i said this is what i think contributes greatly to his wide looking pecs that seemingly are 1 big slab of muscle that goes from his shoulder directly to his chest

like this

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 06:27:55 AM »
then again i might be wrong

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 06:46:11 AM »
i am about to do something i have never done before,,and it is give advice for another competitor on o stage,,

if mr heath will sit on the fly deck sit on the dumbell flys in particular ,,,heavy weight,,not pressing movments but fly movements,,if he does it up to the next o and work it as his weak pointshell be2008 mr olympia,,he need to chenge something about the most musuclar posing too but this change can only come if pecs and delts appear wider,,it can change in a matter of 6 motnths

it is not comon for me to give such recomendations over boards,,especially when i think wolf has more potential,,but when i llook at how things are and i can do it under gh15 due to being annonymous,, he won all his professional shows..it is rare in the sport to do it,,he seem to think with his brain rather than emotions which is rare in this sport,,and he has all the good from height to most points taking out the narrow structure that can be added via illusion and out pec work ,,even CHEATED OUTER PEC FLYS WITH HEAVY DUMBELLS ,,he also has calves and show an impressive back that will look better with the appearance of wider looking delts

his physiqe now is better than jason ever was
his phsyqe will be more complete than wolfif hesit on the dumbell work and work the fly movement with heavy work load in addition to side laterals with very heavy dumbells

he has a very good chance to be this year mr o if doing the above,,,i had time to look closely at his weak points which i rarely do with other competitors ,,but he can do it this year if work on what i said

Did u miss every english class back in the school days? Damn!

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 06:48:10 AM »
If Melvin nails his conditioning and I mean NAILS it, it's game over. I hope he does not over do the dryout.

And when did that happend last time? Makes me wonder...have he ever naild it?

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 07:22:35 AM »
3rd or 4th place at the Arnold, imo.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 08:00:01 AM »

I can assure you, the odds of tearing a pec doing flies is minute. It's flat benches that are responsible for 99% of pec tears.

futurefreak

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 08:18:57 AM »
Bob just nailed it. This is true, I am recovering from a pec injury from flat press and am doing heavy flys now with no problem. hey Bobbo, you going to be at Tanji's show in late March???

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 08:19:53 AM »
I can assure you, the odds of tearing a pec doing flies is minute. It's flat benches that are responsible for 99% of pec tears.

i should have added that dumbell flies for chest are a great exercise to tear your biceps as well...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 09:02:43 AM »
i should have added that dumbell flies for chest are a great exercise to tear your biceps as well...

I can assure you, the odds of tearing your bicep doing a fly is minute.

It's straight bar curls that are responsible for 99% of bicep tears.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 09:08:28 AM »

I super appriciate this info. Thanx.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 09:12:26 AM »

And F up your forearm and wrist tendons.  I had a straight bar for curls and f-up my wrists for a week.   

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 09:18:48 AM »
i believe in the gh bro - he speaks sense

i also stated once before that jay does this exercise called wide arc dumbell presses ( which is more of a fly with a slight press at the top) and i said this is what i think contributes greatly to his wide looking pecs that seemingly are 1 big slab of muscle that goes from his shoulder directly to his chest

like this

You guys pick on his pecs so much,they are fine.Levorne and Flex had the same problem and they seem to do alright.
Not to mention that pecs are probably one of the least important muscles for a bodybuilder.

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 10:39:30 AM »

don't mention that to Tom Platz.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »

seems to me like your implying any straight bar exercises put a diffrenet kinda uuneven stress on the muscle that causes them to rip

are dumbell presses for chest and dumbell curls for arms less likely to tear a muscle due to the free range of movement ?

interesting

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 01:20:42 PM »
what client? IM THE COMPETITION FRIEND! clients ::),,i tell you hear and now that eventhough i do not like phil heath physiqe at all he is very close to win mr o this year and detrone jason cutler ,,it is unusual in the sport but the only way jason wins this year is if he come 101%  on condiditon all the way and its hard with so much oil and when you are mid 30s and not so hungry anymore,,he will only win if he come 100% on if not it will be either wolf or heath ,,,new blood,,vic is just past felonies too much shit suregeries etc,,melvin never dial in condition and too short,,dex too old for them,,

jason wolf or the kid
If you're so good? THen you would have at least had to have trained ? One of the past Mr.O's ? If not ? Stay the fvck off the boards with your bvllshit!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 06:57:18 PM »
seems to me like your implying any straight bar exercises put a diffrenet kinda uuneven stress on the muscle that causes them to rip

are dumbell presses for chest and dumbell curls for arms less likely to tear a muscle due to the free range of movement ?

interesting

YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR!

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 11:20:19 PM »

Yeah, I've never understood why people do straight bar curls. Dumbbells get the job done fine