Author Topic: Flex Magazine: 20 Best Backs of All Time-- a bone to pick  (Read 46227 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Flex Magazine: 20 Best Backs of All Time-- a bone to pick
« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2008, 07:11:14 PM »
for once in your life you're right , he's more cut in 1996 !

but he was narrow as hell in 95/96 compared to his peak years later on:

::)

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2008, 07:11:19 PM »
Now read them. :-\

I have and again , I think I'd loan them to you especially when you're the genius who thinks Nasser is beating Yates in a back shot then again maybe I'll just start a collection for new glasses

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2008, 07:14:02 PM »
but he was narrow as hell compared to his peak years:

Thats not 1996 and again maybe you missed this 1996 and 2001 virtually identical , in fact he looks more detailed and separated in 96 but I've seen other pic it may be he's just not fully flexed in the 01 pic however at bare minimum he's almost identical in terms of size , thickness , width and detail , so much for your claims to the contrary and NEITHER can compare to a 269 pound Dorian Yates

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #303 on: February 21, 2008, 07:16:20 PM »
I have and again , I think I'd loan them to you especially when you're the genius who thinks Nasser is beating Yates in a back shot then again maybe I'll just start a collection for new glasses

Right, Yates is really showing him, with those tiny arms and big stomach. ::) ::) ::) Nasser is only bigger and more cut, Yates wins everything else. ::)

Get some glasses you need em.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: February 21, 2008, 07:19:47 PM »
Right, Yates is really showing him, with those tiny arms and big stomach. ::) ::) ::) Nasser is only bigger and more cut, Yates wins everything else. ::)

I said back shot and you post a front shot and by bigger you mean a LOT softer you're right and more cut my ass thats just plain wrong period. again learn how professional bodybuilding contests are judged and please keep in mind all rounds are physique rounds and its clear cut why Yates won despite his smaller " show muscles "

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: February 21, 2008, 07:24:55 PM »
but he was narrow as hell in 95/96 compared to his peak years later on:

Hulkster this is 1995 and this shot is comparable in terms of separation , detail to ANY year Coleman he's down on thickness & width but take into account he's just 230 pounds but his back is still outstanding

now look at the pics from 1996 at 250 pounds he's not lacking width or thickness especially compared to 2001 they're virtually identical and his back in 99 was a tad wider than 96/01 its still NOT regarded as his best showing for a reason and thats moot because he can't measure up to Yates at 269 pounds in 1999 in terms of thickness , density , detail , depth and he may tie for width may I'm not sure of that .

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2008, 07:27:48 PM »
I said back shot and you post a front shot and by bigger you mean a LOT softer you're right and more cut my ass thats just plain wrong period. again learn how professional bodybuilding contests are judged and please keep in mind all rounds are physique rounds and its clear cut why Yates won despite his smaller " show muscles "

You posted a MM today when comparing back shots hahahahahahahaahahaha

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2008, 07:44:11 PM »
ND what version of dorian are you referring to when you talk about his 269 pound form.

please tell me its not this:   ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2008, 07:50:21 PM »
and please tell me its not this bloated precontest mess: :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2008, 07:51:14 PM »
Again you choose selected pics of Yates to ' prove ' your point and FYI Neo striations are genetic and again the sad part is you actually believe this lol

"selected" pics? Those are the best ones of Dorian. The first one is from a photoshoot since you always complain when I compare an on stage pic of Dorian to a photoshoot pic of Ronnie. The second one is the highest quality shot of Dorian hitting a most muscular. Furthermore, definition is correlated with conditioning. Genetics influence where a person is most (or least) likely to store fat. Take for example, Samir Bannout. He was known for having striated triceps even when off season (i.e. he genetically carried less body fat here). However, even his triceps would lack definition if he was 25% bf. The same applies to Dorian and Ronnie. I could borrow your argument and claim that Dorian's back and serratus definition is genetic.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2008, 07:55:42 PM »
So by posting pictures you're trying to convince me that McGough is wrong? Good, because that means you agree with me that McGough was referring both to bodyfat and water levels in his quote.

yes, Peter McGough is wrong. I too believe he was referring to Dorian's body fat and water levels. The reason I was playing dumb is b/c I was parodying ND's claim that we cannot assume to know what a person was thinking unless they explicitly say it.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #311 on: February 21, 2008, 07:59:21 PM »
what year is the pic of Ronnie on the right from, and how much did he weigh?

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2008, 08:39:42 PM »
I love how the Dorian nuthuggers blindly accept the words of a journalist over medical doctors and ignore visual evidence. I suppose if Peter McGough said his diarrhea smelled like roses but you had to be there to smell it, ND and co. would all believe him. ::)

or how when ronnie himself says something (july, flex, 2003), you totally ignore it and instead think your opinion is more valid than an 8 time mr. olympia.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2008, 08:46:33 PM »
or how when ronnie himself says something (july, flex, 2003), you totally ignore it and instead think your opinion is more valid than an 8 time mr. olympia.

I was strictly talking about credibility. No offense to Ronnie, but the guy is dumb as shit. Winning 8 Mr. Olympias doesn't all of a sudden make him a reliable source. The same guy also said he didn't have a back injury and feels he deserved to win the 06 Mr. O. ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #314 on: February 22, 2008, 03:42:55 AM »
what year is the pic of Ronnie on the right from, and how much did he weigh?

the pic on the right is from Ronnie's first Canada Pro Cup win, where his back was detailed, but not NEARLY as wide as it was in later years.

width or lat spread shots from this contest will verify. Musclemag had great coverage of it back in the day, but I doubt many shots of it are on the net.

ronnie's waist was super tiny at this show too.

Flower Boy Ran Away

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2008, 07:13:17 AM »
Damn, Ronnie's back and delts were more ripped in 96 than at the 01ASC  :o

Team Yates

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2008, 07:17:36 AM »
Hulkster posting 95 shots in fear LOL. Anyone who knows anything will tell you that the greatest improvement Coleman ever made in his career was from 95 to 96  ;)
Team Yates

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #317 on: February 22, 2008, 07:38:58 AM »
I still can't believe Flex is on this list and Cormier isn't I mean really come on does anyone out there agree with me. I think the pics speak for themselves.

I

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #318 on: February 22, 2008, 08:26:11 AM »
Hulkster posting 95 shots in fear LOL. Anyone who knows anything will tell you that the greatest improvement Coleman ever made in his career was from 95 to 96

I disagree. The greatest improvement Ronnie made was from 02-03.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2008, 08:27:47 AM »
I still can't believe Flex is on this list and Cormier isn't I mean really come on does anyone out there agree with me. I think the pics speak for themselves.

His problem was a complete lack of specialness, including the back.

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #320 on: February 22, 2008, 08:29:59 AM »
best back ever

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: February 22, 2008, 08:34:11 AM »
His problem was a complete lack of specialness, including the back.

So Flex Wheeler with basically no lower back, no traps, no width and only detail makes the list and not Cormier... Sorry but I am not buying it ::)
I

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2008, 08:46:19 AM »

So Flex Wheeler with basically no lower back, no traps, no width and only detail makes the list and not Cormier... Sorry but I am not buying it ::)

Cormier's back was not compelling, like all the rest of him. Nice overall look, nothing that jumped out. His strength was being jack of all trades, master of none. Deal with it. ;)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: February 22, 2008, 08:52:07 AM »
Cormier's back was not compelling, like all the rest of him. Nice overall look, nothing that jumped out. His strength was being jack of all trades, master of none. Deal with it. ;)

So your'e saying Wheeler was a master of the back ;D ;D ;D yeah ok and I guess Lee Priest and Shawn Ray are mass monsters too??? Wheeler had great Arms, Good Legs but everything else wasn't really special it just fit him perfect and looked good overall in terms of asethetics. I just don't see how Flex makes this list while guys who clearly look better from the back are ignored because their NAME isn't Flex Wheeler.
I