Author Topic: King Kamali IronmanPro seminar  (Read 3323 times)

noodrin

• Getbig II
King Kamali IronmanPro seminar
« on: February 19, 2008, 11:47:16 PM »

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Re: King Kamali IronmanPro seminar
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:53:49 PM »
When I saw King at the Arnold, his arms were some of the biggest around - no joke!  They were huge.  Nice guy too.

But I really want to see him come in better and qualify for the Olympia.  Even to see him at the Olympia stage would be great, even if he was outside of the top 15.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

noodrin

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:55:12 PM »
When I saw King at the Arnold, his arms were some of the biggest around - no joke!  They were huge.  Nice guy too.

But I really want to see him come in better and qualify for the Olympia.  Even to see him at the Olympia stage would be great, even if he was outside of the top 15.

really??

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:58:47 PM »
really??

His arms were huge.  It may be in part due to the fact that he has shorter arms relative to his height compared to someone like say for instance Ronnie of Dennis Wolf with longer arms.  So you have an accumulation of muscle in a smaller surface area.  No matter what, his arms looked huge.  He was also in good condition and I felt he could potentially qualify for the Olympia again one day...now I am not so sure.  :-\
Bodybuilding Pro.com

noodrin

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 12:09:32 AM »
hahaha no way

his peak was 2004 Aussie GrandPrix

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x142al_titus-versus-kamali_sport

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 12:30:47 AM »
Yeh i met King at the 2005 ASC, and in person his arms look huge, they may not be the best looking arms ie phil heathish, but id say they were around 22''.

io856

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 12:33:29 AM »
Yeah kamali's arms are seriously massive. Matt C is correct go to an expo if you doubt it.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 12:56:17 AM »
Yeah kamali's arms are seriously massive. Matt C is correct go to an expo if you doubt it.

It's weird because based on the front double biceps picture Livewire posted, I would not think his arms are bigger than 16", but in person they looked twice as big as my arms which are 16".
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 01:13:18 AM »
It's weird because based on the front double biceps picture Livewire posted, I would not think his arms are bigger than 16", but in person they looked twice as big as my arms which are 16".
Synthol works. ;D  Nothing against Kamali, he's just doing what ever other pro does...synthol, roids, and other bullshit.  It's hysterical at these seminars the dumb ass questions they get:
"How much do you work out?"
"How many times do you eat?"
"Are supplements good?"
..haha, what idiots.
These guys are a product of heavy drug use for many years....genetic response to them.  It's not like they have some magic workout plan...haha
In the Kamali seminar, there was one good question...."What are your thoughts on your long term health?"  I like how he says once he gets to certain point in bodybuilding, he'll stop using...haha  Man, these guys are really unrealistic and untruthful with themselves.  They have drug problems...period.
At least he answered the questions and pointed out the downfalls to the sport.
N

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 04:36:13 AM »

yeah.. Go to the expo, talk to Tamali and then go straight back to the hotel.. Don't look at other pro.

Tamali has the biggest arms ever in your eyes!!
I am a mini beast

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 04:50:23 AM »
Credit where it is due - I could listen to him for an hour and not get bored.  Listening to Jay speak would put me asleep after 2 minutes.  He would be a great broadcaster.

Questions are shit but I think people are mostly asking stuff for the sake of it.  Its "celebrity syndrome".  You see a famous guy on the street, you think of something good to say.. nothing comes.  There's shit all to say.  "Wut woz it liek working with celebrity X?".   

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 04:52:15 AM »
Credit where it is due - I could listen to him for an hour and not get bored.  Listening to Jay speak would put me asleep after 2 minutes.  He would be a great broadcaster.

LOL.. If you could imagine how you would feel if you listen to Ronnie.. Frustrated?
I am a mini beast

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 05:07:20 AM »
I been to a lot of seminars over the years (Demayo,Matarazzo,Vic Richards,Jeff King,Yates,Haney...etc etc)

King did not give the usual bullshit answers and was open and honest about both drugs and supplement use (which was pretty refreshing and unusual)

props!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 05:14:23 AM »
Get Big, or Die Trying

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 05:17:55 AM »
LOL.. If you could imagine how you would feel if you listen to Ronnie.. Frustrated?

Ronnie could talk, he just had a bit of a speech impediment.  Jay, on the other hand varies in tone about as much as you might 1-7 days after your mother has died. :)

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 07:39:17 AM »
  people rag on king.. but. if ya ever got to meet the guy you would like him.. trust me.. he likes to talk smack.. who cares!??! let him.. he is a good guy and gets way more crap than he deserves..

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 07:46:19 AM »
hahaha no way

That was a cool pose down, thanks for posting it.
It is not merely the size of KINGS arms that are the problem, making it a weak point. It is the shape of the bi's when he flexes them in a dbl bi or similar pose. They don't look full and thick in those poses.
Standing by himself , next to fans , his guns look impressive. But flexed on stage next to the best arms in the world they look weak. Plus, King is a wide guy and that adds to the =m looking weaker on a guy with his delt width/size.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 07:47:23 AM »
he looks pretty fuccking huge in that top pic, i'll gaurantee you if he walked into 99 percent of gyms he'd have people stopping and staring.

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 07:57:01 AM »
He doesnt have a bad physique at all.  Some of the armchair BB's will see one bad pic and base it on that.  Nothing replaces seeing someone in person.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 07:58:22 AM »
he looks pretty fuccking huge in that top pic, i'll gaurantee you if he walked into 99 percent of gyms he'd have people stopping and staring.
No question about that. However, the real issue is how he compares doing poases next to other top pros in great shape. At one time he did fair pretty well, now he has slipped. He still has a massive pro level physique but as Larry Pepe pointed out on PBB weekly radio, King's physique just doesn't flow togther in certain key poses any longer.
It is all those "little" things that add up to making a GREAT pro vs decent pro. Ex. Heath!

Now as for the health issue. I doubt any pro is so retarded that they don't realize that they may be at risk with all the drug regimes and extreme, diets, dehydration , ect. For them, it would be a lot better if extreme drug use were NOT a part of the sport. King is not a dumb idiot and I am sure tries to minimize his risks and maximizes his gains.
Boxing, football, MMA are all examples of thrilling sports where the athletes take major health risks just being involved in them. Bodybuilding does not have to be a health risk sport, it just evolved that way via the hardcore movement.

hey Mike, how goes the training? Any shows comming up for ya? or Laura?

Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 07:59:20 AM »
I been to a lot of seminars over the years (Demayo,Matarazzo,Vic Richards,Jeff King,Yates,Haney...etc etc)

King did not give the usual bullshit answers and was open and honest about both drugs and supplement use (which was pretty refreshing and unusual)

props!

Absolutely!  A rare find in bodybuilding!

Just finished watching the series, I was very impressed.  I met King once and he came across as a cool guy.  This seminar just shows how much of a laid back down to earth guy he is, who keeps it real.  

I don't care for the politically correct answers that most pros give...especially the "pro rep", about how safe and healthy all of this is  ::)

When asked how Kamali felt about his long term health and the drugs, he simply responded with "it's scary"  :o  You'll NEVER get chick or any other pro to be that straight forward about the drug use in BB.  >:(

You can see he's matured a lot over the years.  I remember when he came to post on here for a while, and he got into it with mindspin, about how healthy he is and how he's just as healthy as anyone else...blah blah blah  You can see he's looking at things much differently now.

Again, much props to King  ;)
just not good enough

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »

well... they ARE.... on a normal day.... but then come stage time, and...........

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 03:22:54 PM »
Good commentary by King.  Thoughtful and honest.

The only thing I found interesting was when he was asked about how to get
his back wide and said to use a wide grip.

In Chick's War for the Worlds, he said that wide trip works INNER back, whereas
close grip works outer back.

I know each person is different, but who's correct here?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 03:38:23 PM »
hahaha no way

Hahaha i love that vid ;D

BOOM!!
BAM!!
LIGHTS OUT BABY!!
No doubt about it...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »
Great stuff, shame Kamali doesnt have the body (on stage) to be Mr Olympia because he would be great for bbing.After watching that I almost feel bad for bashing him.